Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 338960 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8446, 8447, 8448, 8449, 8450, 8451, 8452 ... 8474  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:11 pm 

CM11 wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
Could the Jackson/Olding chat be taken to the thread that was set up for the trial?

No its been locked 8)

And im talking about logan

Can we make another thread? I'm sick to death of hearing about it and would like to read about rugby in the Irish rugby thread.

I would second this. If nothing else, someone is going to end up crossing the line and getting the whole thread deleted.

You're the one shiting on about the case still, we are all trying to convey our hatred of Logan.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:14 pm 

Armchair_Superstar wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
Could the Jackson/Olding chat be taken to the thread that was set up for the trial?

No its been locked 8)

Can we make another thread? I'm sick to death of hearing about it and would like to read about rugby in the Irish rugby thread.

I would second this. If nothing else, someone is going to end up crossing the line and getting the whole thread deleted.

You're the one shiting on about the case still, we are all trying to convey our hatred of Logan.

You're right, Logan wasn't brought up because of his comments about the players being let go and I didn't reply to a post commenting about it.

:roll:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:20 pm 

Shall we give them Cathal Marsh? They need a dig out . Always help a friend.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:23 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
Shall we give them Cathal Marsh? They need a dig out . Always help a friend.

Swap Bomber for Logan and you've got a deal ;)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:30 pm 

Sissyfuss wrote:
I see Ian Madigan now plays for the Bristol Bears!

The Bristol Bears!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I remember Leinster and Munster tried similar. There was some bizarre lion in a cape logo for Leinster. Were Munster called the Deers? Ulster might have been the knights? It was absolutely bizarre.

I don't think they've really thought this through... http://www.bristolbears.co.uk/

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:31 pm 

Uncle Fester wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:

No its been locked 8)

wouldnt be my traditional route though would it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:33 pm 

Hellraiser wrote:
Sissyfuss wrote:

I remember Leinster and Munster tried similar. There was some bizarre lion in a cape logo for Leinster. Were Munster called the Deers? Ulster might have been the knights? It was absolutely bizarre.

I don't think they've really thought this through... http://www.bristolbears.co.uk/

Hahahaha, god I've walked past that place. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:34 pm 

Hellraiser wrote:
Sissyfuss wrote:

They're going to have to change that name.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:39 pm 

Hellraiser wrote:
Sissyfuss wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:42 pm 

Hellraiser wrote:
Sissyfuss wrote:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:53 pm 

DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:
DiscoHips D'Arcy wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:

No its been locked 8)

wouldnt be my traditional route though would it.

The parades commission are forcing you to use this thread. Are you going to take that lying down?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:03 pm 

Conspicuous wrote:
Hellraiser wrote:
Sissyfuss wrote:

:lol:

Especially when they have a phenom name in the first place ... the Bristols ! :nod:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:15 pm 

Their real nicknames will be the gays after that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:17 pm 

Jack O'Donoghue and Dan Goggin picked up knocks at the weekend. Hart on RTP. We could be scraping the barrel for replacements on Sunday.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:19 pm 

Morkeshing cúnts really need to leave rugby alone and stick to what they know; selling pointless and unnecessary crap to women.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:30 pm 

CM11 wrote:
DeDoc wrote:
CM11 wrote:
DeDoc wrote:
CM11 wrote:
And you're mental to continue down this whole 'they got binned for a couple of WhatsApp messages' when you know full well that's not the reason (or at the very least, the only reason).

Curious what you think they did get binned for?

To be fair to earl, I think if they hadn't had those messages they couldn't have been binned once found not guilty. At least not if they decided to play hard ball. I'm sure there'd have been behind the scenes suggestions that they pursue other avenues, and some incentives to mutually agree a break in contract.

A lot of the public pressure, in my personal view, is a combination of outrage at the system (understandable) and some sort of belief that guilty people have somehow escaped justice (a very dangerous road to go down). All but the total nutjobs know not to come out with the latter publicly (although emphasising that not guilty doesn't equal innocent is a nod in that direction), so the outrage has been funnelled through criticisms of their attitude/misogyny. And the only evidence supporting that is the Whatsapps

Not really much point going into it, but it's clearly not solely related to the texts the morning after. And not solely related to the social media pressure too. I think people are missing that Jackson has been paid off, he hasn’t just been sacked. I presume it's the same for Olding too. They've essentially been released from their contract early. If the IRFU had full grounds to sack them they wouldn't have paid them off, they have made a business decision based on a number of factors, including but not solely related to the texts. IMO.

Yes, I'm sure they've been paid off - makes sense for all sides. And lets not be daft about it. If there hadn't been such public (negative) attention, the sponsors wouldn't have said anything, and the lads would be back playing and the average punter on the street wouldn't have any opinion on it. In the absence of the Whatsapp messages it is doubtful, IMO, that there'd have been anything like the outcry (see my point above about most people not daring to call the verdict into question). Even if they had, the IRFU would have been in a pickle - what grounds would they have for taking any action against the two lads? Nothing to prevent them making a payoff/early closure of contract if the lads agreed to it, but if they didn't.......

I think without the WhatsApp messages, the case doesn't make it to court, so in that respect without them they'd have been fine but for argument's sake if the WhatsApp messages didn't exist and it was still in court I think the outcome would have been the same.

The case shouldn't have made court regardless, according to a lad in the PSNI on F365 he has asked for a formal review of the decision to prose

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:32 pm 

Let's not go over old ground. It's done and won't be undone.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:39 pm 

The absolute cunt is 'secure' in his position because he has never stood up to the IRFU about anything.

The f*cking weasel will keep the head down now and hide behind Cunningham until they name a new coach.

Surely he is accountable to the Ulster management committee?

Logan came out today for one reason and one reason alone. He read about the URSC and other supporters potential of a protest against this decision and the revolt against him. He does not want this to happen and wants to calm things. He doesn't want the bad publicty (not for UR, but for himself).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:40 pm 

Hellraiser wrote:
Morkeshing cúnts really need to leave rugby alone and stick to what they know; selling pointless and unnecessary crap to women.

Worked reasonably well in Super Rugby. Not sure why it would work in the English Premiership, mind.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:47 pm 

Wonder if those boys might end up in the NRL, they let anyone play over there whatever previous they have

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:01 pm 

anonymous_joe wrote:
Hellraiser wrote:

Worked reasonably well in Super Rugby. Not sure why it would work in the English Premiership, mind.

Has it worked in super rugby? For 3 traditional rugby power houses with the highest quality players they get poor enough crowds and can't keep their players as they don't make enough money.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:06 pm 

Where's Kovana when you need historical attendance figures. I think their attendances aren't much different from teh early days.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:07 pm 

Claire Byrne an absolute disgrace once again tonight - more Jackson and Olding lynch mobbing under the guise of current affairs discussion. A woman who couldn’t tell you Clermont from Toulon suddenly very interested in the professional rugby player transfer market.

Last edited by Duff Paddy on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:09 pm 

We’ve done a poll of 1000 know nothing idiots and a majority of them think the IRFU were correct to sack the two players. Tomorrow on Claire Byrne Live: public stonings

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:17 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
We’ve done a poll of 1000 know nothing idiots and a majority of them think the IRFU were correct to sack the two players. Tomorrow on Clare Byrne Live: public stonings

Everybody stop. Let it run out of steam and we can all get on with our lives. You will enjoy this though Duff. My mate just sent me a link to a group looking after the homeless in Bray called Barss looking for chocolates, cans of coke and crisps for 15 people. I of course thought he was taking the piss as Barse is the name for your gooch and why would 15 people be looking for cinema goodies. Turns out it is an actual charity and I have upset another friend.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:39 pm 

EverReady wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
We’ve done a poll of 1000 know nothing idiots and a majority of them think the IRFU were correct to sack the two players. Tomorrow on Clare Byrne Live: public stonings

Everybody stop. Let it run out of steam and we can all get on with our lives. You will enjoy this though Duff. My mate just sent me a link to a group looking after the homeless in Bray called Barss looking for chocolates, cans of coke and crisps for 15 people. I of course thought he was taking the piss as Barse is the name for your gooch and why would 15 people be looking for cinema goodies. Turns out it is an actual charity and I have upset another friend.

That’s a bit mad alright - Bray apparently has a lot of rough sleepers for a town of its size but I know there are already at least two local charities for the homeless

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:45 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

That’s a bit mad alright - Bray apparently has a lot of rough sleepers for a town of its size but I know there are already at least two local charities for the homeless

Too many chancers running charities methinks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:16 am 

Willie Falloon wrote:
The absolute cunt is 'secure' in his position because he has never stood up to the IRFU about anything.

The f*cking weasel will keep the head down now and hide behind Cunningham until they name a new coach.

Logan came out today for one reason and one reason alone. He read about the URSC and other supporters potential of a protest against this decision and the revolt against him. He does not want this to happen and wants to calm things. He doesn't want the bad publicty (not for UR, but for himself).

Rubbish, he made clear the IRFU (not Ulster Rugby) position. You all then went off on one like you were on your periods

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:28 am 

sewa wrote:
Willie Falloon wrote:

Rubbish, he made clear the IRFU (not Ulster Rugby) position. You all then went off on one like you were on your periods

Apparently he was one of two who voted against keeping the two from all the management committee, so it was also his position

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:20 am 

Duff Paddy wrote:
We’ve done a poll of 1000 know nothing idiots and a majority of them think the IRFU were correct to sack the two players. Tomorrow on Claire Byrne Live: public stonings

Perhaps they could stone that arrogant bible thumper Shane Logan and do Ulster Rugby a favour?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:46 am 

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
sewa wrote:
Willie Falloon wrote:

Apparently he was one of two who voted against keeping the two from all the management committee, so it was also his position

I note the word apparently with a cynical smile. It means no one knows but let's get him anyway

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:47 am 

UAFC's back up, and Jesus H Christ it's absolute madness, seriously pathetic stuff like talking about handing their shirts in to Bank of Ireland branches and Vodafone shops.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:53 am 

rumour that munster have cut as many as 6 players from their academy setup.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:54 am 

irishrugbyua wrote:

Sean McCarthy already released, but think he was on a development deal.

Last I heard John Foley was being cut but didn't hear about anyone else

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:58 am 

unseenwork wrote:
UAFC's back up, and Jesus H Christ it's absolute madness, seriously pathetic stuff like talking about handing their shirts in to Bank of Ireland branches and Vodafone shops.

I threw a bin bag full of 30 years of Ireland and Ulster Rugby merchandise over the locked back gate
of Ravenhill on Saturday afternoon. I won't be back to Ravenhill till Logan is gone especially after his
arrogant interview on bbc1 last night. I will not be back to Aviva either.

I don't think I'm being pathetic, I'm a 60 year old passionate rugby supporter with a valid objection to the dross in charge of my beloved provincial rugby team. I've supported UR since my teens and there's plenty more up here feel like me.

By the way we're not religious, sectarian bigots either.

Last edited by Fritz Lung on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:59 am 

CM11 wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
Aye we'll all just accept being shite and that two players got binned off for saying very little on WhatsApp.

You don't have to accept you're shite, that's a separate point.

And you're mental to continue down this whole 'they got binned for a couple of WhatsApp messages' when you know full well that's not the reason (or at the very least, the only reason).

Either way, they're gone and nothing will change that so you really do need to move on. I know you find it particularly hard to stop flogging a dead horse until you've hit bone but do yourself a favour and drop it.

Eh Pardon?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:59 am 

Fritz Lung wrote:
unseenwork wrote:

I threw a bin bag full of 30 years of Ireland and Ulster Rugby merchandise over the locked back gate
of Ravenhill on Saturday afternoon. I won't be back to Ravenhill till Logan is gone especially after his arrogant interview on bbc1
last night. I will not be back to Aviva either.

I don't think I'm being pathetic, I'm a 60 year old passionate rugby supporter with a valid objection to the dross in charge of my beloved provincial rugby team. I've supported UR since my teens and there's plenty more up here feel like me.

Christ get a grip on you man, it's two players.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:00 am 

Fritz Lung wrote:
unseenwork wrote:

of Ravenhill on Saturday afternoon.

I don't think I'm being pathetic, I'm a 60 year old

:uhoh:

Perspective man.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:04 am 

Fritz Lung wrote:
unseenwork wrote:

of Ravenhill on Saturday afternoon. I won't be back to Ravenhill till Logan is gone especially after his
arrogant interview on bbc1 last night. I will not be back to Aviva either.

Antrim Hurling from now on for you my friend.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:05 am 

Banana Man wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:

Sean McCarthy already released, but think he was on a development deal.

Last I heard John Foley was being cut but didn't hear about anyone else

Yeah McCarthy left academy awhile ago.

Yeah Foley was one I was told.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 338960 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8446, 8447, 8448, 8449, 8450, 8451, 8452 ... 8474  Next