Chat Forum
It is currently Sun May 26, 2019 4:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31727 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 504, 505, 506, 507, 508, 509, 510 ... 794  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:56 pm 

dpedin wrote:
So, my understanding of where we have got to, incomplete and in incorrect chronological order:

- Tories have a big fight in their party because some/most of their party thinks Johny Foreigner starts at Calais and they don't want to have anything to do with them
- David Cameron bows to pressure and allows an 'advisory' yes/no referendum to save him some hassle -how feckin stupid
- Remain make a complete cnut of it allowing a dark/russian funded and slightly racist campaign to get the better of them
- Country, well England and Wales only, vote for leave without any real agreement or definition about what it really means - NI and Scotland are just just collateral damage
- David Cameron retreats to his caravan and Osborne begins his editorial career by crashing the Evening St'nd
- Tories declare they will enact the 'will of the people' and define Brexit as meaning Brexit, whatever the feck that means
- Tories enact A50 without a feckin clue what they will do next, no road map, no plan!
- Labour run scared caught between Brexit voting labour voters and an anti-semite left wing faction who also want to leave and decide to duck the issue
- May, in order to keep her Right Wing and, slightly facist, extreme ERG quiet decides on a number of red lines and proclaims this is 'the will of the people' without any further reference to the people or their will
- In order to win a bigger mandate May calls snap election and then promptly loses majority, however a £1b bribe to the gay, abortion hating creationists the DUP saves the day
- Messers Fox, Johnston, Davis, Rabb, et al begin demanding We Want Brexit - whatever it is! Once someone tells them what it is and the consequences it brings they immediately jump ship (PS Mr Raab you will find one in Calais!) and declare whatever it is May is claiming is Brexit isn't Brexit.
- Given the red lines May and her colleagues negotiate the only WA option of a deal available and introduce the backstop which the Johny foreigners reluctantly agree to
- Labour still running scared and immediately agree a stalling tactic at their conference which means feck all but avoids a decision
- Fox scours the world for the 'easiest deal' ever and finally signs off with FTA with Fiji, Samoa and some other South Sea Islands meanwhile Aussies, USA and Japan start circling the wounded UK rubbing their hands with glee as they wait to negotiate a FTA
- Meanwhile a wide range of businesses tell the Gov that they are off, the Japanese are very polite about it (but we all know what they are saying), others like Airbus tell them they are feckin stupid and stop cutting off your own legs! Boris pronounces 'fudge Business'!
- No-one likes May deal including the back stop which she introduced and insisted was in the WA, May goes back to Johny Foreigner to complain - Barnier tells her to feck off!
- Grayling displays all the business sense and strategic thinking he and Tory party is renowned for and pays Eurotunnel £30+m for forgetting that they had a tunnel! Just add to the bill for Ferrygate, Probabtiongate, etc.
- May comes back to Parliament and the MPs tell her to feck off. A number of MPs indulge in drug taking which is obvious given the flights of fancy they come up with! Apparently being in the Territorial Army and adopting the blitz spirit is a prerequisite for knowing best. Overweight, red faced, Company Directors/City Banker ex public school, Oxbridge and slightly posh middle aged male MPs says they will cope with whatever no deal throws at them!
- Brexit apparently is Brexit but still no-one agrees what they mean or how it can be done sensibly
- Trillions of capital flees London for Dublin, Frankfurt, Brussels and Paris
- May takes back a number of flights of fancy, again with no details whatsoever, and asks Johnny Foreigner to take their stupid and unacceptable back stop off the table - they tell her to feck off!
- May comes back to Parliament and tries again - they tell her to feck off!
- Corbyn talks but no-one listens, which is just as well as he is floating in no-mans land
- Parliament dissolves into a complete clusterfuck with May and Cabinet voting against each other, against their own policies and any other sensible suggestions - Parliament tell May to feck off
- Brexiteers in Gov begin blaming everyone else for their feck up - Parliament, Labour, SNP, Johny Foreigner, removers, anyone to avoid taking the blame for their complete ineptitude and feck up
- 2 weeks to go and no feckin WA agreement, no agreed definition of Brexit, no-one willing to take responsibility of what Brexit or No Deal means, no obvious process to getting to an outcome, stalemate ... we need an extension!
- Meanwhile the inane chorus from the uninformed, frustrated or downright ignorant public continues ... 'Lets get on with it', Out means out' and 'Brexit means Brexit'

Leaving Gov to define Brexit and then work out best WA with least damage to country was a cop out by the Brexit supporting voters. It was obvious from Day 1 that whilst everyone who voted Brexit knew what they wanted from Brexit there was not a collective agreement or understanding what it was nor by definition what it meant. May had a losing hand then played it badly. There was never going to be any other outcome given she is a control freak. Instead of seeking a consensus (to get the best outcome available) she has ended up driving us towards a compromise (the lowest common denominator which everyone will all agree to) which will not deliver a sustainable solution. Im afraid we will have many years of misery as we start the main element of the negotiations ... unless the MPs have the balls to revoke A50 which by now is the only sensible option!

I'm going to nick this and send it to some of my brexshit associates. Well said.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:14 am 

Hawk97 wrote:
bimboman wrote:
What also is really amusing is post after post about “not being poorer” and brexit being terrible and then the same posters rejecting the idea of a US trade deal which would make us all richer because of Chlorinated chicken.

If the only way we can avoid being poorer is to adopt American style of chickens shitting all over themselves (the reason the meat needs to be chlorinated) just to secure a deal, then I'd suggests it's all a bit not-worth-it. Shall we just bin this off and not face the prospect of being poorer and having to take up unpopular trade deals?

So let's not pretend it's about being "richer or poorer" , they're not going to make you eat it .... The EU is going to impose its rules over many aspects of your life.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:28 am 

Don't be surprised if she is engineering this perfectly

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:44 am 

Leinsterman wrote:
I bet you're one of those fcukers who holds up the drive-thru, aren't you?

:lol: From the first talky box to the delivery we are a disaster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:41 am 

bimboman wrote:
Hawk97 wrote:
bimboman wrote:
What also is really amusing is post after post about “not being poorer” and brexit being terrible and then the same posters rejecting the idea of a US trade deal which would make us all richer because of Chlorinated chicken.

If the only way we can avoid being poorer is to adopt American style of chickens shitting all over themselves (the reason the meat needs to be chlorinated) just to secure a deal, then I'd suggests it's all a bit not-worth-it. Shall we just bin this off and not face the prospect of being poorer and having to take up unpopular trade deals?

So let's not pretend it's about being "richer or poorer" , they're not going to make you eat it .... The EU is going to impose its rules over many aspects of your life.

Makes you sick doesn't it.

If DEMOCRACY was a woman then the EU are a bunch of black guys gang raping her.

Disgraceful stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:38 am 

BBC 2 wrote:
Don't be surprised if she is engineering this perfectly

No.As I said before, she is winning any meaningful decisions in the house, it's just the nonsensical and ridiculous ones that she is losing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:45 am 

Newsome wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Hawk97 wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Disgraceful stuff.

What the f uck is wrong with you ?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:48 am 

Quote:
The government will be forced to spend tens of millions of additional pounds to keep its no-deal ferry contracts in place if Brexit is delayed.

Such a waste, among many other despicable wastes of money to appease hard liners and make us look stupid (whilst shitting on business confidence).

The way to rule out no deal is be clear that we will revoke article 50 rather than leave without a deal.

The usual suspects will squeal "frustrating Brexit" but of course it isn't. All we have to do to leave the soding European Union is agree a deal, something that the hard liners are doing everything they can to block.

We can't have indicative votes in parliament to find a consensus Brexit as that would be frustrating Brexit.

Or you could let the people decide, but no, as that would be frustrating Brexit.

Last edited by SamShark on Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:49 am 

The schools in our area can't afford teachers, pens, basic building maintenance when something breaks.

But yeah we can pay fake ferries and the DUP.

Wouldn't want to frustrate Brexit.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:55 am 

Newsome wrote:
Beboman wrote:

Disgraceful stuff.

Never wrestle with a pig you both get covered in shit but the pig loves it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:59 am 

SamShark wrote:
The schools in our area can't afford teachers, pens, basic building maintenance when something breaks.

I’d like to frustrate the flow of air down Corbyn’s throat.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:59 am 

SamShark wrote:

Nigel is making the personal sacrifice to walk fro somewhere up north to London for this, no doubt suffering a blister or two along the way. Now the kids in YOUR area need to make their educational sacrifice too. Everyone needs to become as stupid and ill educated as those yellow vest types and that Lennon guy, for the cause!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:05 am 

Looking at the schools funding situation right now, we'll manage to deliver a more stupid population over the coming years.

May as well accelerate the process and have a new curriculum featuring climate change denial and Blitz spirit.

Not doing well in your lessons? So what - just believe - no need for project fear.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:09 am 

How dumb are the people who voted for brexit (Answers on a postcard to I remember WW11).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:11 am 

SamShark wrote:
Looking at the schools funding situation right now, we'll manage to deliver a more stupid population over the coming years.

May as well accelerate the process and have a new curriculum featuring climate change denial and Blitz spirit.

Not doing well in your lessons? So what - just believe - no need for project fear.

The has always been a part of British society which has been kept in a dumbed down state, this is all wrapped up in the class society with the royal on top. Any levelling that was achieved has been systematically erode since the early 70s.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:13 am 

Clive wrote:
How dumb are the people who voted for brexit (Answers on a postcard to I remember WW11).

My missus often observes the amount of times the British talk about "the war" ; it's true, they're obsessed by it. And not even people that participated, ones that didn't do anything are the ones doing it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:13 am 

Leffe wrote:
SamShark wrote:

The has always been a part of British society which has been kept in a dumbed down state, this is all wrapped up in the class society with the royal on top. Any levelling that was achieved has been systematically erode since the early 70s.

I don't necessarily agree with that. Britain is a great country with a shit tonne of innovation, creativity, scientific talent and so on.

Which makes it weird to shoot ourselves in the foot, all for a blue passport and to benefit a few Etonians and spivs.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:15 am 

Leffe wrote:
Clive wrote:

My missus often observes the amount of times the British talk about "the war" ; it's true, they're obsessed by it. And not even people that participated, ones that didn't do anything are the ones doing it.

I would have denied this a few years ago but it's hard to now.

All I'll say is that SOME people seem to frame their persona through some sort of WW2 thing.

The young people of this country who will be financially screwed, have their free movement removed and have these cultural values rammed down their throat didn't grow up watching Dambusters every week.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:16 am 

SamShark wrote:
Leffe wrote:
SamShark wrote:

I don't necessarily agree with that. Britain is a great country with a shit tonne of innovation, creativity, scientific talent and so on.

Which makes it weird to shoot ourselves in the foot, all for a blue passport and to benefit a few Etonians and spivs.

I think a generation of older Brits feel they haven’t achieved much and saw Leave vote as a chance to finally leave their mark on Britain and be a part of something momentous . “Look what I did”

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:16 am 

SamShark wrote:
Leffe wrote:
SamShark wrote:

Agreed, but here we are Sam, mugged off once by these cnuts, which is galling in itself.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:18 am 

SamShark wrote:
Leffe wrote:
Clive wrote:

All I'll say is that SOME people seem to frame their persona through some sort of WW2 thing.

The young people of this country who will be financially screwed, have their free movement removed and have these cultural values rammed down their throat didn't grow up watching Dambusters every week.

No, but their grandparents are harking on all too often. Itll take generations before that leaves the minds of the nation.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:23 am 

As was said on a podcast I listened recently, Britain was the only Euro country to come out of WW2 with a kind of feeling of pride, and being an island meant we weren't exposed to the horrors of invasion or even occupation.

Everyone else in Europe was scarred by it and determined never to let it happen again. Perhaps there's something here that allows it to be somehow romantic and remembered fondly.

Which is a bit odd as millions of people died, although I can confirm the sky didn't fall in.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:28 am 

Leffe wrote:
SamShark wrote:
Leffe wrote:
Clive wrote:

No, but their grandparents are harking on all too often. Itll take generations before that leaves the minds of the nation.

I have never heard anyone harp on about the war apart from numpties they may have dragged up from the gutter and interviewed on the TV.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:35 am 

Leffe wrote:
SamShark wrote:

Nigel is making the personal sacrifice to walk fro somewhere up north to London for this, no doubt suffering a blister or two along the way. Now the kids in YOUR area need to make their educational sacrifice too. Everyone needs to become as stupid and ill educated as those yellow vest types and that Lennon guy, for the cause!

Did anything come of this or is it still in the pipeline?

I saw Nigel claiming that the projected turnout would make the pro-remain demos look like a small gathering of intimate friends.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:39 am 

c69 wrote:
Leffe wrote:
SamShark wrote:
Leffe wrote:
Clive wrote:

I have never heard anyone harp on about the war apart from numpties they may have dragged up from the gutter and interviewed on the TV.

BBC have a remarkable ability to find people in vox pops to display the most excessive elements of this.

One thing you see alot - probably not fair to say this is only about WW2 but it links to the attitude - is a kind of "so what if Brexit is bad, we can get over it, we've done it before".

This is a bizarre attitude if you look at how poverty and inequality impact on all of us, whether you are a victim directly, or a victim of the consequences (rising crime, higher demand on the NHS and so on)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:41 am 

You’re assuming these idiots can think beyond their next cup of tea and a fag.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:44 am 

Well this is nice, we have same incorrect narratives again :

"Economic crash will benefit the spivs and Etonians, but perversely big business will suffer"

"Dragged from the gutter" from our resident communist, dear god.

"NHS under pressure" with no reference at all to the millions more people here.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:46 am 

Sandstorm wrote:

"I hate the elites" , "I hate the working class" = only people like me should have a vote

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:48 am 

bimboman wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:

"I hate the elites" , "I hate the working class" = only people like me should have a vote

We should all have two votes. Haven’t you been listening for the last 2 years???

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:51 am 

bimboman wrote:

"Economic crash will benefit the spivs and Etonians, but perversely big business will suffer"

You are hilariously shameless, which is why you make the perfect Brexiteer.

It's fascinating (well, sort of) to conntemplate whether you create misguided narratives in your head and believe them, or whether you know you're wrong, but want to create deliberate misinformation.

You've been told endless times how speculators and spivs benefit - they are not run of the mill business people

No NHS expert or clinician blames net contributing EU immigrants for NHS pressure. Nobody. An anging population with multiple long term conditions requires young productive immigrants.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:52 am 

bimboman wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:

"I make up a narrative where working class people are all thick brexiters"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:53 am 

bimboman wrote:
Hawk97 wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Missed the point. Ignore the actual law, if we're having to make unpopular concessions and adopt stuff we wouldn't normally JUST to prevent us being poorer - then it's a wholeheartedly bad idea from the start. Meanwhile the rest of the world crack on with their gowth.

Bollocks to Brexshit.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:09 am 

Clive wrote:

It's an odd one.

I would tend to agree with Sam's comments about British innovation and general ability and there's no question that the Brits tend to punch above their weight as a Nation, but there's an awful lot of dead wood domestically.

I think there are a number of elements behind the leave vote, maybe an inflated opinion of their standing in the world, which would seem to be driven (at least in the older generation) by romantic nostalgia of the Second World War, the blitz spirit and the fact that the sun never set on the British Empire, until recently.

I think there might also have been a perception that the remain vote was a shoo-in and a lot of people declined to vote on that basis.

I also think that a lot of people saw the opportunity to push a political agenda that probably would have been impossible under the EU. Things like implementing a Singapore style tax haven for the right wing and nationalisation and currency controls for the left. Also, the notion that Brexit would block immigrants and allow deportation of foreigners was quite prevalent after the vote with a number of assaults (both verbal and physical) being reported.

Last edited by Rinkals on Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:10 am 

Hawk97 wrote:
bimboman wrote:
Hawk97 wrote:
bimboman wrote:

Missed the point. Ignore the actual law, if we're having to make unpopular concessions and adopt stuff we wouldn't normally JUST to prevent us being poorer - then it's a wholeheartedly bad idea from the start. Meanwhile the rest of the world crack on with their gowth.

Bollocks to Brexshit.

Growth like the US rather than Germany, Spain, France and Italy you mean

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:15 am 

SamShark wrote:
bimboman wrote:

It's fascinating (well, sort of) to conntemplate whether you create misguided narratives in your head and believe them, or whether you know you're wrong, but want to create deliberate misinformation.

You've been told endless times how speculators and spivs benefit - they are not run of the mill business people

No NHS expert or clinician blames net contributing EU immigrants for NHS pressure. Nobody. An anging population with multiple long term conditions requires young productive immigrants.

What’s shameless is you think endless “how” speculator profit, there not been one piece of detail given , it has just been acceptedexper as fact by you. I’ll be clear you’ve never given one detail of the how .

We have 3 million more people here since 2010, I’d be surprised that hasn’t impacted the NHS. Plenty of experts have in fact pointed to this .

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:15 am 

“After Brexit, Britain’s economy will grow through tax cuts for the rich and a trade war with China”

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:17 am 

bimboman wrote:
SamShark wrote:
bimboman wrote:

What’s shameless is you think endless “how” speculator profit, there not been one piece of detail given , it has just been acceptedexper as fact by you. I’ll be clear you’ve never given one detail of the how .

We have 3 million more people here since 2010, I’d be surprised that hasn’t impacted the NHS. Plenty of experts have in fact pointed to this .

Nigel Farage is a politician not an expert.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:18 am 

Just about the ‘richer or poorer’ bit - since the referendum i am sure some people are on higher wages and bonuses and in fact have done ok in the last two years, despite all the negative economic events.
I’m not talking about the financial elite who can trade financially, I mean normal people with normal level incomes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:20 am 

backrow wrote:
Just about the ‘richer or poorer’ bit - since the referendum i am sure some people are on higher wages and bonuses and in fact have done ok in the last two years, despite all the negative economic events.
I’m not talking about the financial elite who can trade financially, I mean normal people with normal level incomes.

Duh Yeeb. Brexit hasn’t happened and very little has changed yet. Let’s talk again in two more years.....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:23 am 

Sandstorm wrote:
“After Brexit, Britain’s economy will grow through tax cuts for the rich and a trade war with China”

Tax cuts do promote growth. The China bit you’ve made up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31727 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 504, 505, 506, 507, 508, 509, 510 ... 794  Next