Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 2:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:43 am
Posts: 2709
I'm usually not into fan edits, and this is a little rough around the edges, but I found it more entertaining than episodes 7 & 8 put together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to2SMng4u1k


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 4:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17706
Location: Centre of the Universe
I thought it was well done but the 'old man' looks surprisingly agile in some moves.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16430
Nieghorn wrote:
I thought it was well done but the 'old man' looks surprisingly agile in some moves.


Well yeah, he's a jedi. He's younger than Count Dooku was in Ep2, f'rinstance. So you'd expect similar gymnastics and tactics to the lightsaber battles from the prequels.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14554
Get a life nerds!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am
Posts: 6677
AND-y wrote:
Get a life nerds!


If you only knew the power of the dark side.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:52 am
Posts: 254
I don't get it. What was the poiny of this?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 10:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10016
Commendable, but put the effort into the episodes that really need fixing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 992
Location: NZ
I don't mind the slower original, gives the lightsaber a lot of substance, like it's a weapon you don't fudge around with.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:07 am
Posts: 2261
Location: Kirikiriroa
Now if someone could just fix the more later movies, the old ones where fine.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17706
Location: Centre of the Universe
BlueThunder wrote:
I don't mind the slower original, gives the lightsaber a lot of substance, like it's a weapon you don't fudge around with.


Yeah, like all the spinning they do. It's the sort of weapon you don't even have to swing to do serious damage. Someone could just bump into it and get severely burned. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 2:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11252
What is the difference, just flicked through it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 2:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10016
Yourmother wrote:
What is the difference, just flicked through it.


It’s ok to not like Star Wars.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 2:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11252
mr bungle wrote:
Yourmother wrote:
What is the difference, just flicked through it.


It’s ok to not like Star Wars.


Thanks.

Cvnts who don’t explain what the point is, and wasting others cvnts time, are just cvnts in my eyes.

But I might just be seeing this through cvnt tinted spectacles.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 5:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17706
Location: Centre of the Universe
Yourmother wrote:
What is the difference, just flicked through it.


The original is just two senior citizens have a whack at each other like we would with wrapping paper tubes at Christmastime. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq51w34Hg9I

(hmm. forgot that Guinness spins in this as well... Darth probably had him there)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16430
Nieghorn wrote:
Yourmother wrote:
What is the difference, just flicked through it.


The original is just two senior citizens have a whack at each other like we would with wrapping paper tubes at Christmastime. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq51w34Hg9I

(hmm. forgot that Guinness spins in this as well... Darth probably had him there)

Dave Prowse was in his early 40s, Alec Guinness in his 60s. They were making a kids sci-fi flick that they didn’t think would go anywhere, was in danger of being shut down any day, and presumably didn’t have the budget for professional martial arts training like the prequels.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am
Posts: 6677
DOB wrote:
Nieghorn wrote:
Yourmother wrote:
What is the difference, just flicked through it.


The original is just two senior citizens have a whack at each other like we would with wrapping paper tubes at Christmastime. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq51w34Hg9I

(hmm. forgot that Guinness spins in this as well... Darth probably had him there)

Dave Prowse was in his early 40s, Alec Guinness in his 60s. They were making a kids sci-fi flick that they didn’t think would go anywhere, was in danger of being shut down any day, and presumably didn’t have the budget for professional martial arts training like the prequels.


I thought I saw something about them getting kendo training for that fight scene. Mind you have you ever watched real kendo? Just a bunch of guys with bamboo sticks belting the hell out of each other. With lightsabers the fight would be over in a nanosecond. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10016
Yourmother wrote:
mr bungle wrote:
Yourmother wrote:
What is the difference, just flicked through it.


It’s ok to not like Star Wars.


Thanks.

Cvnts who don’t explain what the point is, and wasting others cvnts time, are just cvnts in my eyes.

But I might just be seeing this through cvnt tinted spectacles.


Don’t forget cnuts who don’t know the original.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:07 am
Posts: 2261
Location: Kirikiriroa
booji boy wrote:
DOB wrote:
Nieghorn wrote:
Yourmother wrote:
What is the difference, just flicked through it.


The original is just two senior citizens have a whack at each other like we would with wrapping paper tubes at Christmastime. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq51w34Hg9I

(hmm. forgot that Guinness spins in this as well... Darth probably had him there)

Dave Prowse was in his early 40s, Alec Guinness in his 60s. They were making a kids sci-fi flick that they didn’t think would go anywhere, was in danger of being shut down any day, and presumably didn’t have the budget for professional martial arts training like the prequels.


I thought I saw something about them getting kendo training for that fight scene. Mind you have you ever watched real kendo? Just a bunch of guys with bamboo sticks belting the hell out of each other. With lightsabers the fight would be over in a nanosecond. :lol:


And yelling at the top of their lungs.

Anyway apparently in most sword fights no matter the style they are over normally very fast, and these epic long bouts we see in the movies are really really rare. Take the story of Musashi for example most of his duels where over and won in mere seconds even against multiple opponents. I heard thats the same with many other disciplines of swordmanship and other types of armed melee combate.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10589
So Star Wars, a film that launched an entire series of hugely popular and money making films needed to be fixed? :roll:

I await YouTube fixing The Godfather and Citizen Kane next.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10106
UncleFB wrote:
So Star Wars, a film that launched an entire series of hugely popular and money making films needed to be fixed? :roll:

I await YouTube fixing The Godfather and Citizen Kane next.

Did you watch it? The duel in that that scene was always shit, and Vader was never a full on bad-ass skills wise until the end of Rogue One. What they've done here is pretty awesome, made it much more suited to the story and character. As someone said in the comments:

"Stop changing the Star Wars movies!" :: watches this scene :: "Okay change them a little bit!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am
Posts: 6677
LeinsterLion wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
So Star Wars, a film that launched an entire series of hugely popular and money making films needed to be fixed? :roll:

I await YouTube fixing The Godfather and Citizen Kane next.

Did you watch it? The duel in that that scene was always shit, and Vader was never a full on bad-ass skills wise until the end of Rogue One. What they've done here is pretty awesome, made it much more suited to the story and character. As someone said in the comments:

"Stop changing the Star Wars movies!" :: watches this scene :: "Okay change them a little bit!"


Wait a second? You're saying he's badass just because he wasted a handful of rebel republic foot soldiers? He only looks ordinary in that original fight because the skills off the great Obi Wan matched him and they cancelled each other out.

George Foreman and Mike Tyson looked badass too until they came up against Muhammad Ali and Buster Douglas.

It doesn't matter how the fight scene LOOKED. The fact he whupped Obi Wan Kenobi makes him badass! ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:07 am
Posts: 2261
Location: Kirikiriroa
booji boy wrote:
LeinsterLion wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
So Star Wars, a film that launched an entire series of hugely popular and money making films needed to be fixed? :roll:

I await YouTube fixing The Godfather and Citizen Kane next.

Did you watch it? The duel in that that scene was always shit, and Vader was never a full on bad-ass skills wise until the end of Rogue One. What they've done here is pretty awesome, made it much more suited to the story and character. As someone said in the comments:

"Stop changing the Star Wars movies!" :: watches this scene :: "Okay change them a little bit!"


Wait a second? You're saying he's badass just because he wasted a handful of rebel republic foot soldiers? He only looks ordinary in that original fight because the skills off the great Obi Wan matched him and they cancelled each other out.

George Foreman and Mike Tyson looked badass too until they came up against Muhammad Ali and Buster Douglas.

It doesn't matter how the fight scene LOOKED. The fact he whupped Obi Wan Kenobi makes him badass! ;)


George Foreman And Mike Tyson, mike tyson in his prime did not look bad ass they where bad ass, george foreman is always bad ass.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2254
Harden up!!! wrote:
booji boy wrote:
DOB wrote:
Nieghorn wrote:
Yourmother wrote:
What is the difference, just flicked through it.


The original is just two senior citizens have a whack at each other like we would with wrapping paper tubes at Christmastime. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq51w34Hg9I

(hmm. forgot that Guinness spins in this as well... Darth probably had him there)

Dave Prowse was in his early 40s, Alec Guinness in his 60s. They were making a kids sci-fi flick that they didn’t think would go anywhere, was in danger of being shut down any day, and presumably didn’t have the budget for professional martial arts training like the prequels.


I thought I saw something about them getting kendo training for that fight scene. Mind you have you ever watched real kendo? Just a bunch of guys with bamboo sticks belting the hell out of each other. With lightsabers the fight would be over in a nanosecond. :lol:


And yelling at the top of their lungs.

Anyway apparently in most sword fights no matter the style they are over normally very fast, and these epic long bouts we see in the movies are really really rare. Take the story of Musashi for example most of his duels where over and won in mere seconds even against multiple opponents. I heard thats the same with many other disciplines of swordmanship and other types of armed melee combate.


Perhaps more so with Japanese swordsmanship than elsewhere, but yeah: usually the first blow lands, and once you hit somebody with a sword they're going to lose.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10589
LeinsterLion wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
So Star Wars, a film that launched an entire series of hugely popular and money making films needed to be fixed? :roll:

I await YouTube fixing The Godfather and Citizen Kane next.

Did you watch it? The duel in that that scene was always shit, and Vader was never a full on bad-ass skills wise until the end of Rogue One. What they've done here is pretty awesome, made it much more suited to the story and character. As someone said in the comments:

"Stop changing the Star Wars movies!" :: watches this scene :: "Okay change them a little bit!"

It was ok, but I think they went too far in the other direction, they were too athletic - there must be a medium somewhere?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24928
Location: Chickenrunning...
booji boy wrote:
The fact he whupped Obi Wan Kenobi makes him badass! ;)


The Jedi let him win. Vader is therefore a pussy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am
Posts: 6677
UncleFB wrote:
LeinsterLion wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
So Star Wars, a film that launched an entire series of hugely popular and money making films needed to be fixed? :roll:

I await YouTube fixing The Godfather and Citizen Kane next.

Did you watch it? The duel in that that scene was always shit, and Vader was never a full on bad-ass skills wise until the end of Rogue One. What they've done here is pretty awesome, made it much more suited to the story and character. As someone said in the comments:

"Stop changing the Star Wars movies!" :: watches this scene :: "Okay change them a little bit!"

It was ok, but I think they went too far in the other direction, they were too athletic - there must be a medium somewhere?


I'm with UncleFB. Ok so the original scene may not have been the most dynamic lightsaber duel of all time but watching them leap around in scenes reminiscent of The Matrix king fu fights is too over the top.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:35 pm
Posts: 1623
For those wanting cheap laughs, how the jedi massacre should've happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0gENCibZ6


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10106
booji boy wrote:
LeinsterLion wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
So Star Wars, a film that launched an entire series of hugely popular and money making films needed to be fixed? :roll:

I await YouTube fixing The Godfather and Citizen Kane next.

Did you watch it? The duel in that that scene was always shit, and Vader was never a full on bad-ass skills wise until the end of Rogue One. What they've done here is pretty awesome, made it much more suited to the story and character. As someone said in the comments:

"Stop changing the Star Wars movies!" :: watches this scene :: "Okay change them a little bit!"


Wait a second? You're saying he's badass just because he wasted a handful of rebel republic foot soldiers? He only looks ordinary in that original fight because the skills off the great Obi Wan matched him and they cancelled each other out.

George Foreman and Mike Tyson looked badass too until they came up against Muhammad Ali and Buster Douglas.

It doesn't matter how the fight scene LOOKED. The fact he whupped Obi Wan Kenobi makes him badass! ;)

:lol: No! But showed more of what he was capable rather than limply swiping at another Force master. I specifically said skills wise.


booji boy wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
It was ok, but I think they went too far in the other direction, they were too athletic - there must be a medium somewhere?


I'm with UncleFB. Ok so the original scene may not have been the most dynamic lightsaber duel of all time but watching them leap around in scenes reminiscent of The Matrix king fu fights is too over the top.

It's a fan made adaption, hardly going to be perfect. Introduced more force stuff, throwing things (and their opposition) around and grabbing their sabers as well as being more dynamic. Maybe over the top (not sure I agree) but still better than the original! Less bad, say :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am
Posts: 6677
LeinsterLion wrote:
booji boy wrote:
LeinsterLion wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
So Star Wars, a film that launched an entire series of hugely popular and money making films needed to be fixed? :roll:

I await YouTube fixing The Godfather and Citizen Kane next.

Did you watch it? The duel in that that scene was always shit, and Vader was never a full on bad-ass skills wise until the end of Rogue One. What they've done here is pretty awesome, made it much more suited to the story and character. As someone said in the comments:

"Stop changing the Star Wars movies!" :: watches this scene :: "Okay change them a little bit!"


Wait a second? You're saying he's badass just because he wasted a handful of rebel republic foot soldiers? He only looks ordinary in that original fight because the skills off the great Obi Wan matched him and they cancelled each other out.

George Foreman and Mike Tyson looked badass too until they came up against Muhammad Ali and Buster Douglas.

It doesn't matter how the fight scene LOOKED. The fact he whupped Obi Wan Kenobi makes him badass! ;)

:lol: No! But showed more of what he was capable rather than limply swiping at another Force master. I specifically said skills wise.


booji boy wrote:
UncleFB wrote:
It was ok, but I think they went too far in the other direction, they were too athletic - there must be a medium somewhere?


I'm with UncleFB. Ok so the original scene may not have been the most dynamic lightsaber duel of all time but watching them leap around in scenes reminiscent of The Matrix king fu fights is too over the top.

It's a fan made adaption, hardly going to be perfect. Introduced more force stuff, throwing things (and their opposition) around and grabbing their sabers as well as being more dynamic. Maybe over the top (not sure I agree) but still better than the original! Less bad, say :)


:P I'm not saying the fan made adaption was bad just saying some of the sequel/prequel stuff was OTT. Which movie had Yoda leaping around? Great if you're a Jim Henson muppet fan but cringeworthy for a Star Wars purist.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 2:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16430
That was the end of Attack of the Clones.

It was a cgi Yoda. Terrible sight for any fan of the original Henson-puppet Yoda.

I thought it was completely in keeping. Yoda can handle a lightsaber when he needs to, we just generally see him not need to.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3672
Still the best edit of Star Wars - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kDKiQfBs9lo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 9:12 am
Posts: 6677
Joost wrote:
Still the best edit of Star Wars - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kDKiQfBs9lo


:lol: Quality. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 5:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17706
Location: Centre of the Universe
The Auralnauts, who did hilarious re-makes of all six films, have their say about all the 'fixing' that's been going on...

https://youtu.be/0oQtGCtnF2Y


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 6:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 267
I quite like Vader being a jerk.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 7:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:43 am
Posts: 2709
Nieghorn wrote:
The Auralnauts, who did hilarious re-makes of all six films, have their say about all the 'fixing' that's been going on...

https://youtu.be/0oQtGCtnF2Y


:lol: at busting out "Duel of the Fates" while an old guy and a guy who literally can't see anything out of his cool looking but wildly impracticable helmet prod at each other with sticks...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 10:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10016
The Back of the Y guys from NZ, Phil Brough, aka retarded a South Island mechanic, Spanner’s Watson & Matt Heath, used to hire Star Wars VCR’s and splice in some of their own takes on scenes. Cardboard cut out x-wing cockpits and stack hat styles. Imagine the subsequent hirers reactions :lol:



Here’s some of their later uni short film efforts;

Wad Wax - Vaseline Warriors

Bottlestore Galactica


Last edited by mr bungle on Sat May 25, 2019 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 12:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1258
Star Wars doesn't need fixing, its toxic, entitled fandom does.

Loved 7 and 8 and can't wait for 9.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 12:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15958
What the Star Wars franchise needs is more musical numbers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9t-slLl30E


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 1:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:08 am
Posts: 438
Good artistic recreation/update of a classic scene. If the scene was identical and done years later would have been like this.

Also back in the day weren't the props for the lightsabers quite fragile (made of glass or something similar) and would break if hit hard?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 4:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10589
matta25 wrote:
Star Wars doesn't need fixing, its toxic, entitled fandom does.

Loved 7 and 8 and can't wait for 9.

Which is only a portion of its fandom. I know lots of people who like 8 but don't argue on forums and don't have Youtube accounts where they make multiple videos whining like babies.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 8dog, Beaver_Shark, Big Nipper, Bobless, boere wors, BokJock, Chilli, cola cube, CrazyIslander, danny_fitz, de_Selby, DragonKhan, earl the beaver, feckwanker, goblack, hermie, inactionman, irishrugbyua, Laurent, Lenny, Man In Black, penguin, piquant, ruckinhell, Saint, sewa, sockwithaticket, sonic_attack, Sydvicious, Taranaki Snapper, Ted., Tehui, Tom_ and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group