Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:39 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 391788 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9779, 9780, 9781, 9782, 9783, 9784, 9785 ... 9795  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:43 pm 

Yer Man wrote:
Armchair_Superstar wrote:
So everyone is agreed, Cullen is the wrong sort of chap.

Turns out MOC was a slow acting poison

😀

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:52 pm 

ticketlessinseattle wrote:
hermie wrote:
MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:
With the Top 5/6 so evenly poised, I think this year RWC winner will come down to having the best S&C team (and the luckiest). Can't wait for it, should be a cracker.

So often success for a team comes down to luck with injuries. If you look at our two Slams in the professional era there were very few, or Wales' run this season (their luck is starting to run out now). New Zealand have generally been very good at making their top players available for the big occasion. Which makes the '11 victory all the more remarkable with the injury crisis at 10 and McCaw basically playing on one leg.

could and probably am completely wrong but didn't Wales start off this season with a bunch of injuries which made it all the more impressive ? agree though, avoiding injuries either through luck and or s&c is huge,,,,as noted VDF now probably our most important player

Probably makes Gatland the best SH coach and currently the best coach in Europe.
He knows the Welsh psyche.
Didn't he say his experience in Ireland and with the Lions was that the Irish were questioning and adding and the Welsh guys would just want to run through walls for Welsh rugby

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:26 pm 

Luckycharmer wrote:
hermie wrote:
Luckycharmer wrote:
CM11 wrote:
As I said yesterday, 6 weeks needs context. Both the Indo and IT could be correct using different definitions. i.e. 4 weeks before he can train, 6 weeks before he'll be ready to play.

Fingers crossed that's it.

If it is the Ligaments in his ankle, I remember doing mine when in college playing soccer, it was extremely sore but I was back playing 6 weeks later. He will have a hell of alot better medical care than I had.

I did ligaments in my ankle and missed 8 months of rugby. It was a bad tear though and there was some bone bruising as well which probably prolonged the whole thing.

LC is an international athlete though, so probably a fairer comparison with Joey.

Army you are like a little puppy always looking for attention, very cute. We can't all be Armchair superstars like yourself who has never played any rugby :thumbup:

Just bigging you up dog.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:29 pm 

Luckycharmer wrote:
hermi[quote="Luckycharmer wrote:
CM11 wrote:
As I said yesterday, 6 weeks needs context. Both the Indo and IT could be correct using different definitions. i.e. 4 weeks before he can train, 6 weeks before he'll be ready to play.

Fingers crossed that's it.

If it is the Ligaments in his ankle, I remember doing mine when in college playing soccer, it was extremely sore but I was back playing 6 weeks later. He will have a hell of alot better medical care than I had.

I did ligaments in my ankle and missed 8 months of rugby. It was a bad tear though and there was some bone bruising as well which probably prolonged the whole thing.

LC is an international athlete though, so probably a fairer comparison with Joey.

Army you are like a little puppy always looking for attention, very cute. We can't all be Armchair superstars like yourself who has never played any rugby :thumbup:

Just bigging you up dog.[/quote]
Fill me in on your rugby career and let me test my contacts :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:33 pm 

Luckycharmer wrote:

I don't want anybody to be able to track me to this place, thanks :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:36 pm 

Luckycharmer wrote:

Don't be one of internet hardman, what club did you play for?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:39 pm 

Luckycharmer wrote:
Luckycharmer wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:51 pm 

Luckycharmer wrote:
Luckycharmer wrote:

Have you ever even held a rugby ball? Come on don't be scared, need to know what vast wealth of playing knowledge I am dealing with.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:55 pm 

quick, post your degree up

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:04 pm 

tiddle wrote:
quick, post your degree up

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:22 pm 

On Joey Carbery...
I passed him in Dundrum last year.. he looked like a lean athlete who needed to hit the weights to play pro football.

He’s listed as 86kg, I’d say that’s after a six course meal, soaking wet in toe capped boots.
Quality player but not really surprised he’s getting injured as rugby has veered more towards his line collisions.

Hopefully he will be back soon to tear defenses apart.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:03 pm 

Porterbelly1 wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
hermie wrote:
Yer Man wrote:
The tries on Saturday scored by Carbery (ex-Leinster, assist by ex-Ulster), Conway (ex-Leinster), Murphy (ditto) got me wondering about what's the best team we could field made up of players who have switched province...

Struggling in the backrow and need a better winger/fullback but anyway:

J McGrath, S Cronin, M Mooradze, T Beirne, U Dillane, R Copeland*, N Timoney, J Murphy
J Cooney, J Carbery, M Healy, C Farrell, R Henshaw, C Kelleher, A Conway

* Copeland has dropped down to the AIL, hasn't he?

Boyle at 8 with Jordi at 7, Timoney at 6?

Kelleher is coming back to Leinster. Niyi at 14.

Niyi or Matt Healy didn't switch province. They had no attachment to Leinster when signed by Connacht.

Fair call. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:18 pm 

Quinn Roux into 2nd row and Beirne into 6.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:30 pm 

Mr. Very Popular wrote:
Quinn Roux into 2nd row and Beirne into 6.

You know when you ate a milky bar, or an animal bar as a kid and the foil would touch a filling?
That combo is the rugby equivalent of that feeling.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:49 am 

Flametop wrote:
On Joey Carbery...
I passed him in Dundrum last year.. he looked like a lean athlete who needed to hit the weights to play pro football.

He’s listed as 86kg, I’d say that’s after a six course meal, soaking wet in toe capped boots.
Quality player but not really surprised he’s getting injured as rugby has veered more towards his line collisions.

I heard Joey on an Off the Ball interview about 1-2 months back, he mentioned his Body Fat % was in or around 13% and that was about right for him. I would have thought that was very high for someone of his build playing top flight rugby

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:53 am 

Foot Up wrote:
Flametop wrote:
On Joey Carbery...

I heard Joey on an Off the Ball interview about 1-2 months back, he mentioned his Body Fat % was in or around 13% and that was about right for him. I would have thought that was very high for someone of his build playing top flight rugby

We stayed in the same hotel as the team for the Lyon NTHCSBH SF a couple of years ago, and Joey Carbery is neither skinny nor fat, he has a large, muscular, athletic frame and is about 6'1", or 2" tall. You notice when he's in the same lift as you!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:55 am 

camroc1 wrote:
Foot Up wrote:
Flametop wrote:
On Joey Carbery...

We stayed in the same hotel as the team for the Lyon NTHCSBH SF a couple of years ago, and Joey Carbery is neither skinny nor fat, he has a large, muscular, athletic frame and is about 6'1", or 2" tall. You notice when he's in the same lift as you!

Yeah by normal person standards 13% is not at all high, but I would have thought international backs are sub 10 for the most part

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:57 am 

Foot Up wrote:
Flametop wrote:
On Joey Carbery...

The fact that every fitness buff or bodybuilder lies about their bodyfat, people don't really know what 13% bodyfat looks like... that is even before we get into how it is measured...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:00 am 

Didn't see the game on Saturday, is it worth the bother of watching?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:02 am 

Foot Up wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
Foot Up wrote:
Flametop wrote:
On Joey Carbery...

Yeah by normal person standards 13% is not at all high, but I would have thought international backs are sub 10 for the most part

Sub 10 is fairly lean. Have to diet quite hard to get to it and be very strict. Throw the massive workload of a pro rugby player on top of that and some guys will find it hard to maintain their performance levels while being super lean.
Some guys clearly do manage it, but not everyone.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:02 am 

boringperson12 wrote:
Didn't see the game on Saturday, is it worth the bother of watching?

The Australia-NZ one is worth a watch. The Ireland one, not so much.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:03 am 

Connacht u18 squad for interpros

Spoiler: show
Joe Agbo (Galwegians RFC / The Bish)
Fiachna Barrett (Ballina RFC / St. Brendans Bellmullet)
Blain Barry (Connemara RFC / Cistercian College)
Micheal Broaders (Sligo RFC / Summer Hill College)
John Claffey (Ballinasloe RFC / Garbally College)
Eddie Coyle (Sligo RFC / Sligo Grammer)
John Devine (Ballinasloe RFC / Garbally College)
Matthew Devine (Ballinasloe RFC / Garbally College)
Kieran Egan (Buccaneers RFC / Marist College)
Ruairi Fallon (Buccaneers RFC / Marist College)
Deema Feehan (Buccaneers RFC / Marist College)
Sam Fogerty (Buccaneers RFC / Marist College)
Shea Hennessy (Monivea RFC / Garbally College)
Darragh Kennedy (Galwegians RFC / Clifden CS)
Kolo Kiripati (Buccaneers RFC / Marist College)
Mark Mitchell (Buccaneers RFC / Garbally College)
Conal Muldoon (Westport RFC / Rice College)
Adam Nash (Buccaneers RFC / Roscrea Community College)
Declan O’Loughlin (Corinthians RFC / Colaiste Cholmcille)
Kacper Palamarzcuk (Westport RFC / SlIgo Grammer) (C)
Mark Purcell (Creggs RFC / Roscommon CBS)
Zak Rather (Galwegians RFC / Colaiste na Coiribe)
Andrew Sherlock (Galwegians RFC / Colaiste Iognaid)
Tom Shine (Buccaneers RFC / Marist College)
Jack Tucker (Creggs RFC / Roscommon CBS)
Harry West (Ballina RFC / Kings Hospital)

Connacht u19's for interpros
Spoiler: show
Harry Ballsiger (Buccaneers RFC)
Donnacha Byrne (Sligo RFC) - ireland u18
Hubert Costello (Corinthians RFC) - ireland u18
Eoin DeBuitlear (Corinthians RFC) - ireland u18
Alan Duffy (Ballina RFC)
Matthew Earley (Carrick RFC)
Martin Fallon (Buccaneers RFC)
Tom Farrell (Creggs RFC)
Cathal Fleming (Monivea RFC)
Cathal Forde (Corinthians RFC)
Hubert Gilvarry (Sligo RFC)
Paddy Grehan (Ballinasloe RFC)
Daragh Hanrahan (Corinthians RFC)
Aodha Hession (Creggs RFC)
Luke Hogge (Sligo RFC)
Caolan Hopkins (Ballina RFC)
Shane Jennings (Ballinasloe RFC) - ireland u18
Jack Keegan (Creggs RFC)
Diarmuid Kilcommins (Corinthians RFC) - ireland u18
Lasha Laoshvili (Buccaneers RFC)
Rory McCleane (Corinthians RFC)
Diarmuid McCormack (Corinthians RFC) - ireland u18
Oisin McCormack (Ballinasloe RFC) - ireland u18
Leo McFarlane (Buccaneers RFC)
Gavin Meagher (Roscrea RFC) - ex Leinster u18
Niall Murphy (Galwegians RFC)
Daragh Murray (Buccaneers RFC) - ireland u18
Evan O’Boyle (Galwegians RFC)
Conal O’Griofa (Corinthians RFC)
Conor O’Shaughnessy (Galwegians RFC)
Daniel Reddan (Galwegians RFC)
Cian Treacy (Ballinasloe RFC)
Will Whelan (Sligo RFC)

Good to see Connacht have kept the high profile GAA players involved at U19 level. (Jennings, Kilcommins, O McCormack) Could easily see them winning the interpros given talent in squad.

don't know anything about u18 squad, I wonder if they lost anyone due to Galway minor footballers and hurlers making their AI finals.

Last edited by irishrugbyua on Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:05 am 

I thought sub 10 body fat was bordering on dangerously unhealthy? Even for an athlete. No?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:16 am 

CM11 wrote:
I thought sub 10 body fat was bordering on dangerously unhealthy? Even for an athlete. No?

Getting close. Something like 3-5% is bordering on minimal viable BF levels for everything to function properly. Organs, hormones, nervous system etc.

Bodybuilders on stage get themselves down to somewhere around 4-8%, I think, possibly lower, and that's something that they time for a very short period. It's unhealthy and impractical to maintain. Female BBers (who have a much higher baseline for viable BF%) suffer interrupted menstruation etc. Hormone levels are all over the shop, male or female. Energy levels can be very low.

You could probably be an athlete at 8-10% and maintain reasonable performance, certainly some could. Everyone's different. A professional athlete playing a contact sport is a different matter, though. Rugby players have a very high base aerobic requirement, as well as repeated explosive efforts, recovery from impacts, etc. Doing all that on impractically low BF% isn't sustainable.

One thing is that Joey isn't as ridiculously muscular as someone like Healy. So even if the two of them had similar BF%, the guy with the bigger muscles showing through the fat will look more cut up.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:18 am 

CM11 wrote:

Not particularly. You'd image though given the hits that they ship that rugby players would be encouraged to remain at a comfortable body fat level. Low body fat also reduces energy and strength.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:18 am 

Hey nerds
Help me out here. I'm stuck on a few of the following:
I'm missing 6, 7, 8, 17, 27, 28 & 29
Goal is to identify the rugby world cup players names from the emojis

Edit: Pic not showing when I link it for some reason.
Link here: https://imgur.com/rLZZAVv

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:23 am 

Is Army or Winnie the Glasgow Soccer player?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:27 am 

28 is Leone Nakarawa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:30 am 

Nolanator wrote:
CM11 wrote:

Getting close. Something like 3-5% is bordering on minimal viable BF levels for everything to function properly. Organs, hormones, nervous system etc.

Bodybuilders on stage get themselves down to somewhere around 4-8%, I think, possibly lower, and that's something that they time for a very short period. It's unhealthy and impractical to maintain. Female BBers (who have a much higher baseline for viable BF%) suffer interrupted menstruation etc. Hormone levels are all over the shop, male or female. Energy levels can be very low.

You could probably be an athlete at 8-10% and maintain reasonable performance, certainly some could. Everyone's different. A professional athlete playing a contact sport is a different matter, though. Rugby players have a very high base aerobic requirement, as well as repeated explosive efforts, recovery from impacts, etc. Doing all that on impractically low BF% isn't sustainable.

One thing is that Joey isn't as ridiculously muscular as someone like Healy. So even if the two of them had similar BF%, the guy with the bigger muscles showing through the fat will look more cut up.

Body fat has a role to play in protecting the internal organs, or so I tell myself anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:31 am 

Hellraiser wrote:
28 is Leone Nakarawa

Hmmm. I don't see that

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:33 am 

Captain Average wrote:
Hellraiser wrote:
28 is Leone Nakarawa

Hmmm. I don't see that

Lion-e ... wa at the end. Would seem logical. :nod:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:38 am 

anonymous_joe wrote:
Captain Average wrote:
Hellraiser wrote:
28 is Leone Nakarawa

Hmmm. I don't see that

Well when you put it that way.. i'm almost convinced.
Makes sense. But I was reading the Lion-e-nail as Lionel which was throwing me off.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:41 am 

Captain Average wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:
Captain Average wrote:
Hellraiser wrote:
28 is Leone Nakarawa

Hmmm. I don't see that

Well when you put it that way.. i'm almost convinced.
Makes sense. But I was reading the Lion-e-nail as Lionel which was throwing me off.

I see it as Lion-e nail as well, but then the end is car-a-wah.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:45 am 

Nolanator wrote:
CM11 wrote:

:thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:45 am 

What kind of team do people think we'll see against England? Probably a stronger lineup. Maybe Furlong, Hendo, Ryan, Conan in the pack. I'd love to see good mates Cooney & Carty start at 9 & 10. We'll see if it happens. Maybe Addison at fullback with the first choice wingers either side of him? Any other thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:51 am 

hermie wrote:
What kind of team do people think we'll see against England? Probably a stronger lineup. Maybe Furlong, Hendo, Ryan, Conan in the pack. I'd love to see good mates Cooney & Carty start at 9 & 10. We'll see if it happens. Maybe Addison at fullback with the first choice wingers either side of him? Any other thoughts?

I thought Addison was injured?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:53 am 

Mullet 2 wrote:

That's Cammy, no?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:55 am 

Captain Average wrote:
Hey nerds
Help me out here. I'm stuck on a few of the following:
I'm missing 6, 7, 8, 17, 27, 28 & 29
Goal is to identify the rugby world cup players names from the emojis

Edit: Pic not showing when I link it for some reason.
Link here: https://imgur.com/rLZZAVv

8 is Jonny Sexton

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:56 am 

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

That's Cammy, no?

Fúck right off, you hun lover.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:56 am 

My pack for England

1. Killer
2. Cronin
3. Ryan
4. Kleyn
5. Hendo
6. Ruddock
7. Nordi or TOD
8. Conan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 391788 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9779, 9780, 9781, 9782, 9783, 9784, 9785 ... 9795  Next