Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:40 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1457, 1458, 1459, 1460, 1461, 1462, 1463 ... 1468  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:07 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 20813
and suicides


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10938
Location: Best country in the world.
Duff Paddy wrote:
You’d swear this was some sort of charitable patron of the arts type organisation - it was a skanky dive bar that admittedly had good music. Dry your eyes like


Bbbbbuuut it goes all the way back to ....eh 2006 !

I was born and bred in Ranelagh and my memories of St Richmond street, as a kid ,were it was always a kip. IIRC this pub was called Bambricks back in the day.... Sure my grandad used to pop in there for the odd half one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16947
In there once. (eatyard)

Food was cold shit and overpriced.


Horrible.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33133
Location: Dublin
I can see the Bernard Shaw taking any of the buildings on either Francis St or Meath St as property is still quite good value there.

Another place they could move to is Clanbrassil St but the muslim community there might not like it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32454
Location: Pigdogistan
iarmhiman wrote:
I can see the Bernard Shaw taking any of the buildings on either Francis St or Meath St as property is still quite good value there.

Another place they could move to is Clanbrassil St but the muslim community there might not like it.


Why would that matter, FFS? There are plenty of pubs in that area.

Thomas street area would be handier from the city centre.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10808
Location: #68
anonymous_joe wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
You’d swear this was some sort of charitable patron of the arts type organisation - it was a skanky dive bar that admittedly had good music. Dry your eyes like

Emphasis on had. Music's not been great lately.

And Dan and ER are right, the gobshites who think that the past was a beautiful land are fúcking nuts. Then again, most of us spent the last recession on here pretending to work/study. A lot of people are too young to remember all the unemployment and bankruptcies.


They’d have been the first people moaning about unemployment back then.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33133
Location: Dublin
Nolanator wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
I can see the Bernard Shaw taking any of the buildings on either Francis St or Meath St as property is still quite good value there.

Another place they could move to is Clanbrassil St but the muslim community there might not like it.


Why would that matter, FFS? There are plenty of pubs in that area.

Thomas street area would be handier from the city centre.


Thomas St, Meath St and Francis St are all the Liberties so any of them work


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16947
In there once. (eatyard)

Food was cold shit and overpriced.


Horrible.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13091
Blackrock Bullet wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
You’d swear this was some sort of charitable patron of the arts type organisation - it was a skanky dive bar that admittedly had good music. Dry your eyes like

Emphasis on had. Music's not been great lately.

And Dan and ER are right, the gobshites who think that the past was a beautiful land are fúcking nuts. Then again, most of us spent the last recession on here pretending to work/study. A lot of people are too young to remember all the unemployment and bankruptcies.


They’d have been the first people moaning about unemployment back then.

Nah, they were in school.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:57 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 20813
these Asians routes not working Cam?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22788
Mullet 2 wrote:
these Asians routes not working Cam?


Was only talking to a mate about it last night. Not sure about Shenzen but he was saying the load for both Beijing and HK was very good. It wasn't 100% but was high. He has no idea why Hainan are stopping but Cathay is protest related. As for starting again in Q3 2020, as both have said they are doing to Beijing and HK,he says that is a crock of shit as the peak season is starting now so why would they start again outside peak.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:11 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 20813
Food for the constant moaners and ditch hurlers.

https://www.thejournal.ie/cancer-survival-rates-4804542-Sep2019/

I'd like to commend Mary Harney, Bertie and Cowen for having the balls to stand to the hicks when they opened the centres of excellence and closed the cancer ward at every crossroads hospitals.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:35 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20473
Mullet 2 wrote:
Food for the constant moaners and ditch hurlers.

https://www.thejournal.ie/cancer-survival-rates-4804542-Sep2019/

I'd like to commend Mary Harney, Bertie and Cowen for having the balls to stand to the hicks when they opened the centres of excellence and closed the cancer ward at every crossroads hospitals.


Quote:
while UK had the lowest survival rate in five of the seven cancers.


B-b-but the NHS! Impossible!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 27704
MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:
danthefan wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:
I've seen people call for a recession because they remember property being cheap and empty in 2012. :uhoh:


You see this all the time on places like the property forum on boards.ie. A pack of thundering retards who think a massive recession can come along, crash property prices but miraculously leave them totally untouched to buy up whatever they want. And that's never minding the general misery and suffering a recession would create.



As Joe Brolly said 'stupid, confident people are taking over the world.' :(


Nail on the f**king head. I’ve been on google for 10 minutes so I’m going to challenge the opinion of my consultant oncologist who got 6million points in his leaving cert and had worked and studied for 20 years in the field.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:41 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 20813
danthefan wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
Food for the constant moaners and ditch hurlers.

https://www.thejournal.ie/cancer-survival-rates-4804542-Sep2019/

I'd like to commend Mary Harney, Bertie and Cowen for having the balls to stand to the hicks when they opened the centres of excellence and closed the cancer ward at every crossroads hospitals.


Quote:
while UK had the lowest survival rate in five of the seven cancers.


B-b-but the NHS! Impossible!



I know!

The NHS is the wonder of the medical world.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14367
nardol wrote:
In there once. (eatyard)

Food was cold shit and overpriced.


Horrible.


Over priced yes, but the food is pretty damn nice from most the places there and freshly cooked. Great place on a nice day/evening.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 27704
Mullet 2 wrote:
danthefan wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
Food for the constant moaners and ditch hurlers.

https://www.thejournal.ie/cancer-survival-rates-4804542-Sep2019/

I'd like to commend Mary Harney, Bertie and Cowen for having the balls to stand to the hicks when they opened the centres of excellence and closed the cancer ward at every crossroads hospitals.


Quote:
while UK had the lowest survival rate in five of the seven cancers.


B-b-but the NHS! Impossible!



I know!

The NHS is the wonder of the medical world.


Socialism doesn’t work - I’m shocked


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33133
Location: Dublin
Are the Hainan route closures due to reduced demand on the Chinese side as a result of Trump's trade policies?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4102
Duff Paddy wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
danthefan wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
Food for the constant moaners and ditch hurlers.

https://www.thejournal.ie/cancer-survival-rates-4804542-Sep2019/

I'd like to commend Mary Harney, Bertie and Cowen for having the balls to stand to the hicks when they opened the centres of excellence and closed the cancer ward at every crossroads hospitals.


Quote:
while UK had the lowest survival rate in five of the seven cancers.


B-b-but the NHS! Impossible!



I know!

The NHS is the wonder of the medical world.


Socialism doesn’t work - I’m shocked


Looking down through the journal's news feed, its interesting to note the number of comments since that good news story and how many it received with the one of two exceptions. We love to moan. It also shows the amount of negative news to positive.

- Belfast Court ruling on brexit, published 10 mins ago, 10 comments
- Mickey D's comments on Defense forces pay, published 40 mins ago, 10 comments
- Man charge with trespassing in a murder victim house , published 44 mins ago, 0 comments
- Man missing with dementia, published 2 hours ago, 6 comments
- 2 lads arrested on an flight, published 2 hours ago, 29 comments
- Poll on fireman Sam being renamed, published 3 hours ago, 166 comments
- Cathay pacific suspending dublin flights, , published 3 hours ago, 13 comments
- DOnohoe on the Budget, published 4 hours ago, 46 comments
- Swimming ban in balbriggan, , published 5 hours ago, 9 comments
- UK's Northern Ireland plan being unsustainable , published 5 hours ago, 20 comments
- Opinion piece on Insurance, published 6 hours ago, 39 comments
- Luas Passenger Numbers, , published 6 hours ago, 29 comments

Irish Cancer survival rates, published 6 hours ago, 2 comments


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32454
Location: Pigdogistan
Are you lads actually having a cut off the NHS as being a complete waste?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:11 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 20813
Nolanator wrote:
Are you lads actually having a cut off the NHS as being a complete waste?



No, you should read what was actually written.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34770
Mullet 2 wrote:
these Asians routes not working Cam?

Edinburgh stop allegedly the problem. We'll see if that is still included if/when they restart.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:33 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 20813
camroc1 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
these Asians routes not working Cam?

Edinburgh stop allegedly the problem. We'll see if that is still included if/when they restart.



?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34770
The Hainan flights stopped over in Edinburgh.

No idea about the CP flights.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:36 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 20813
IT on day four of articles attacking bus connects

Woman today in a Georgian in Terenure would lose three meters of a garden she obviously doesn’t use.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22788
Duff Paddy wrote:
MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:
danthefan wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:
I've seen people call for a recession because they remember property being cheap and empty in 2012. :uhoh:


You see this all the time on places like the property forum on boards.ie. A pack of thundering retards who think a massive recession can come along, crash property prices but miraculously leave them totally untouched to buy up whatever they want. And that's never minding the general misery and suffering a recession would create.



As Joe Brolly said 'stupid, confident people are taking over the world.' :(


Nail on the f**king head. I’ve been on google for 10 minutes so I’m going to challenge the opinion of my consultant oncologist who got 6million points in his leaving cert and had worked and studied for 20 years in the field.


Joe I got the lung cancer and the liver cancer which was weird as I only smoke when I am having a few drinks. In anyways I says to the consultant I was talking to me sister in America and you can get cannabis oil injected and it turns the tumour into actual muscle. It actually makes you stronger. Why is this been hidden from us Joe. Big pharma Joe. The worst part was the consultant wouldn't even look at it never mind agree to do it. I am dying here Joe and I am homeless now and all after me landlord sold my house.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4102
:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11840
Is she from Clontarf?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22353
Location: SOB>Todd
Bullettyme wrote:
nardol wrote:
In there once. (eatyard)

Food was cold shit and overpriced.


Horrible.


Over priced yes, but the food is pretty damn nice from most the places there and freshly cooked. Great place on a nice day/evening.

There's great food all over that area anyway, no huge loss.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14367
Mullet 2 wrote:
IT on day four of articles attacking bus connects

Woman today in a Georgian in Terenure would lose three meters of a garden she obviously doesn’t use.


Some of the shit being spouted is unreal, "it'll turn terenure into a motorway" :lol: FFS the idea is less cars on the road, and restricted to one lane and your house will have the added barrier of a bus lane and (possibly) a bike lane.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14367
Floppykid wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
nardol wrote:
In there once. (eatyard)

Food was cold shit and overpriced.


Horrible.


Over priced yes, but the food is pretty damn nice from most the places there and freshly cooked. Great place on a nice day/evening.

There's great food all over that area anyway, no huge loss.


There's some ok places. Still a loss.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22788
Gavin Duffy wrote:
Is she from Clontarf?


They all are


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22353
Location: SOB>Todd
Still torn up about losing the rich cultural history of the EatYard. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14367
Floppykid wrote:
Still torn up about losing the rich cultural history of the EatYard. :(


Well I suppose we could just whinge and moan about everything but even I try to find some simple joy in things.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6698
Bullettyme wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
IT on day four of articles attacking bus connects

Woman today in a Georgian in Terenure would lose three meters of a garden she obviously doesn’t use.


Some of the shit being spouted is unreal, "it'll turn terenure into a motorway" :lol: FFS the idea is less cars on the road, and restricted to one lane and your house will have the added barrier of a bus lane and (possibly) a bike lane.


I'm sure a lot of us would love to see all of Terenure tarmacced over to make a motorway.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13091
Floppykid wrote:
Still torn up about losing the rich cultural history of the EatYard. :(

EatYard was pretty good!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9056
Location: Watson city, MN
anonymous_joe wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Still torn up about losing the rich cultural history of the EatYard. :(

EatYard was pretty good!

Agreed


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32454
Location: Pigdogistan
Bullettyme wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Still torn up about losing the rich cultural history of the EatYard. :(


Well I suppose we could just whinge and moan about everything but even I try to find some simple joy in things.

:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22353
Location: SOB>Todd
Eatyard is going to be a costa coffee and you'll learn to love it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:15 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 20813
Is it possible to discuss immigration rationally I wonder?

My cousin is home from New York and we were discussing last night about the Trump phenomenon and Brexit and the rest. Just the massive turnaround in the space of 4 years in our nearest neighbours and biggest cultural influences. The increasingly bitter division of the camp and the fact that traditional centre right minded people are appalled by what is happening in the likes of the Tories and the GOP.

I don't posit any great insight on my behalf but is the worry on immigration the root of it all? Is it the vehicle by which guy like Farage, AfD, Trump etc can pull middle ground voters to their cause and then spoon feed them the greater extremes and even blind them to serious breaches of democracy, even get them to cheer lead for them.

UK left immigration as a Festering pus filled boil under the surface and so did France and Northern Europe. We need to make sure we don't make the same mistake or we could face the same flare up.


*Guy says on rugby bored mostly concerned (rightly) with rugger and tits.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1457, 1458, 1459, 1460, 1461, 1462, 1463 ... 1468  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], booze, CarrotGawks, comets, danny_fitz, danthefan, Dark, Deco2, de_Selby, duke, echo, Google Adsense [Bot], handyman, Hawaiian_shirts_rule, Jackal79, JB1981, jezzer, Jim Lahey, KnuckleDragger, Lobby, Magpie26, matta25, maxbox, Maximus, mr bungle, Mullet 2, Pacific, P in VG, Plastic Sarrie, Risteard, Saint, SaintK, Sissyfuss, sturginho, tabascoboy, Taranaki Snapper, The Man Without Fear, Wignu, Wilderbeast, Willie Falloon, Winnie and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group