Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 406140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10137, 10138, 10139, 10140, 10141, 10142, 10143 ... 10154  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:45 pm 

Some lovely work by Munster didn't come to fruition, lines of running were a lot better than I've seen in a long time, telling that the lads that have been with Larkham looked a lot more comfortable taking things on, while the internationals that were integrated looked static at times.

Jack McGrath doing his best Itoje during the match was funny.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:47 pm 

Leinsterman wrote:
Bath is a fantastic place for a rugby trip

Great spot, people are lovely.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:48 pm 

unseenwork wrote:
lemonhead wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
Fritz Lung wrote:
Please rest feckin Faddes for the rest of season.

I just don't see anything at all in him, he's not fast, not elusive, not strong, passing game isn't anything special, weak defender.

Touch of the Chainsaw Laney alright. Definitely better going forward.

He's not even very good going forward! Christ you could probably count the defenders he's beaten on one hand.

Was thinking to put 'relatively' in but why bother. He's still there.

Someone else needs picked.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:51 pm 

Mr. Very Popular wrote:
Some lovely work by Munster didn't come to fruition, lines of running were a lot better than I've seen in a long time, telling that the lads that have been with Larkham looked a lot more comfortable taking things on, while the internationals that were integrated looked static at times.

This. Was hoping KOB would get on earlier, night and day ball in hand.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:02 pm 

Faddes is pure mince.

We matched them up front but they had an in form Conway in their back three while Ulster had Faddes, who is an empty shirt, and Stockdale who is terribly out of form.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:03 pm 

I said before the season that the Leinster squad excluding those in Japan would get out of Pro 14 group. I stand by that.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:10 pm 

Liathroidigloine wrote:
I said before the season that the Leinster squad excluding those in Japan would get out of Pro 14 group. I stand by that.

Are you saying that Leinster, if they didn't play any of their internationals, would make the playoffs?

FFS that's hardly much of a a prediction gloiney. :lol:

Leinster will stroll to the playoffs again. They are head and shoulders above any other team in this league.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:28 pm 

Poor game, so many mistakes. Kelleher already looks far better than Herring and Scannell.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:35 pm 

Mr. Very Popular wrote:

Was worse than Porter last night, but that was McGrath's best game in an Ulster jersey so far. I thought he had a decent enough game.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:53 pm 

boringperson12 wrote:
Mr. Very Popular wrote:

Was worse than Porter last night, but that was McGrath's best game in an Ulster jersey so far. I thought he had a decent enough game.

Both Ulster props* were very good. John Ryan has gone back massively.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:54 pm 

crouchy wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:

Are you saying that Leinster, if they didn't play any of their internationals, would make the playoffs?

FFS that's hardly much of a a prediction gloiney. :lol:

Leinster will stroll to the playoffs again. They are head and shoulders above any other team in this league.

I got laughed at for saying it at the time Crouchy.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:55 pm 

https://twitter.com/andymcgeady/status/ ... 48962?s=19

You'd just wonder what some of these chaps are thinking. Do they pay the slightest bit of attention to current trends in the sport?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:58 pm 

Liathroidigloine wrote:
boringperson12 wrote:
Mr. Very Popular wrote:

Both Ulster props* were very good. John Ryan has gone back massively.

Marty did well considering it was his first game of the season. He really needs to be playing week in and week out to get up to speed fitness wise. He was one of our best players last season. The scrum he got smashed in during the first half, I would have called Reidy a few names after it, he hardly give him anything in that scrum.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:05 pm 

danthefan wrote:
https://twitter.com/andymcgeady/status/1193229060215848962?s=19

You'd just wonder what some of these chaps are thinking. Do they pay the slightest bit of attention to current trends in the sport?

Current trends being what lost us the game the week before last.

Thick as fudge.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:19 pm 

Mr. Very Popular wrote:

Yup, Larkham making an impression, fantastic try by Conway, our scrum looks shite, bloodyhell did his best to loose it in end, missed penalty and only for great tackle from Scannell Would a been a fcukin brainless intercept try...didn't think he,d make the kick on 80 mins to get ball off pitch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:46 pm 

lemonhead wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
lemonhead wrote:
unseenwork wrote:
Fritz Lung wrote:
Please rest feckin Faddes for the rest of season.

I just don't see anything at all in him, he's not fast, not elusive, not strong, passing game isn't anything special, weak defender.

Touch of the Chainsaw Laney alright. Definitely better going forward.

He's not even very good going forward! Christ you could probably count the defenders he's beaten on one hand.

Was thinking to put 'relatively' in but why bother. He's still there.

Someone else needs picked.

It will be Addison @ 15 next week.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:00 pm 

With Hanrahan looking likely to miss out for the next while, Schmidt and co's negligence with Carberry's ankle is really f**king Munster. Bleyendaal has been poor and is unsuited for the gameplan. After him, Ben Healy is next off the ranks.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:04 pm 

Willie Falloon wrote:
It will be Addison @ 15 next week.

Provided he doesn’t injure himself putting the cat out or something like that

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:11 pm 

I didn't think it would happen this quickly but Lowry's absence is being felt.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:34 pm 

unseenwork wrote:

I never thought I'd say it but Burns is being missed. He's bang average but the other options are so underwhelming.

We had enough possession and territory but were woeful with the ball.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:41 pm 

Good to see scannell with a performance like that the week DDA rumour breaks. Rowntree has a bit to do. Very obvious the improvement under larkham. It’ll take plenty of disjointed performances to get there

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:43 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
unseenwork wrote:

I never thought I'd say it but Burns is being missed. He's bang average but the other options are so underwhelming.

Oh he is for sure, both of them would do a lot for this team. I will say I think Curtis had a quite heavily prescribed gameplay for today to just shift it on and Johnston as well to a certain extent. Question is how much more can either bring when the training wheels are taken off.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:48 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
unseenwork wrote:

I actually thought the backline moved alright tonight, 10/12/13 anyway, but Munster were better in that department. I am a forward though so I may be talking bollix

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:17 am 

ticketlessinseattle wrote:
Mr. Very Popular wrote:

Yup, Larkham making an impression, fantastic try by Conway, our scrum looks shite, bloodyhell did his best to loose it in end, missed penalty and only for great tackle from Scannell Would a been a fcukin brainless intercept try...didn't think he,d make the kick on 80 mins to get ball off pitch

Tyler looks well off. Is Healy in the euro squad. Probably scannell coveting 10 next week.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:52 am 

Lazy Couch potato wrote:
ticketlessinseattle wrote:
Mr. Very Popular wrote:

Tyler looks well off. Is Healy in the euro squad. Probably scannell coveting 10 next week.

Judging by their horror show today we should be well able to get a result in Swansea even with Tyler at 10, he was fairly sjot today though. Racing are really struggling as well, fingers crossed we can navigate these two games before the back to back.

Team was going very well til JJ went off, liking the new ambition. This time last year we'd have tried to bash ball our way over instead of swinging it wide for the Scannell try. Instead, a few heavy carries to narrow their pack and then flood the open side. Nice play and hopefully we can get the Joebots back thinking on their feet.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:20 am 

Mention that Racing are struggling made me look at the table

1. How is that possible with a world class player like Zeebs in the team. I heard he's available for an Ireland callup
2. Lyon are joint top with a 9 point buffer to 3rd and also a game in hand on basically everyone. Great

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:19 am 

danthefan wrote:

1. How is that possible with a world class player like Zeebs in the team. I heard he's available for an Ireland callup
2. Lyon are joint top with a 9 point buffer to 3rd and also a game in hand on basically everyone. Great

world cup

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:10 am 

When was the last time Munster lost in Thomond?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:51 am 

Munster-fogs wrote:

Quick glance there and I reckon Leinster Dec 2017. Drew with Ulster in April 2018. You also destroyed Irish rugby in a meaningless win over Leinster in Dec 2018 and I have heard you all remain fairly happy about that

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:59 am 

EverReady wrote:
Munster-fogs wrote:

Quick glance there and I reckon Leinster Dec 2017. Drew with Ulster in April 2018. You also destroyed Irish rugby in a meaningless win over Leinster in Dec 2018 and I have heard you all remain fairly happy about that

You tell em ER

Sweep the leg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:28 am 

EverReady wrote:
Munster-fogs wrote:

Nearly two years unbeaten. Not bad.

That's why we're Ireland 1 I suppose.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:35 am 

Munster-fogs wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Munster-fogs wrote:

Nearly two years unbeaten. Not bad.

That's why we're Ireland 1 I suppose.

Ireland A maybe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:46 am 

Willie Falloon wrote:
danthefan wrote:

world cup

Yep, the premiership is basically on its head too, Sale, Bristol, LI all near top

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:56 am 

danthefan wrote:

He's still mid-transition to the front row. More time needed

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:29 am 

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Willie Falloon wrote:
danthefan wrote:

world cup

Yep, the premiership is basically on its head too, Sale, Bristol, LI all near top

LI are second bottom, but the league hasn't been going long enough to settle at all, teams have only played 3 or 4 games. Bath have P4W2L2 and are 8th, Sale have an identical record and are 3rd. The Top14 have played 8 or 9 games already. I doubt either lose as many players as the Pro14 to the RWC also.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:59 am 

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Willie Falloon wrote:
danthefan wrote:

world cup

Didn't Quins get their break during the 2011 RWC? Got near the top of the pile and managed to make it count.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:49 pm 

I never associated the 2 before now, but Connacht won the Pro14 in 2016, after rwc2015.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:10 pm 

danthefan wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
Willie Falloon wrote:
danthefan wrote:

world cup

LI are second bottom, but the league hasn't been going long enough to settle at all, teams have only played 3 or 4 games. Bath have P4W2L2 and are 8th, Sale have an identical record and are 3rd. The Top14 have played 8 or 9 games already. I doubt either lose as many players as the Pro14 to the RWC also.

Yeah not LI it’s Saints I was thinking. Certainly not long enough to settle but will make it somewhat tighter for top 4 later in the season when Bath, Leicester, Wapss etc will probably be playing catch up. Not forgetting the WC guys are still weeks away from coming back in

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:37 pm 

Leicester getting hammered 22-6 at HT by Irish. :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:45 pm 

danthefan wrote:

Lyon 45 La Rochelle 17, gulp :( :shock: .
Hope it's just away from home Froggy surrender monkey stuff.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 406140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10137, 10138, 10139, 10140, 10141, 10142, 10143 ... 10154  Next