Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4772 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:18 am 

McGinty #12 having a rough day. Not ready for prime time.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:54 am 

Old Man by the Sea wrote:
McGinty #12 having a rough day. Not ready for prime time.

Never seen him have a game this bad. Definitely his worst in a USA jersey.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:33 am 

so didn't miss much?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:45 am 

Georgia won 21 - 17 without playing at all well, it seems. Were 21 - 3 up before conceding two tries.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:30 pm 

tabascoboy wrote:
Georgia won 21 - 17 without playing at all well, it seems. Were 21 - 3 up before conceding two tries.

Neither team played well. Eagle handling was among the worst I've ever seen in good conditions. Even reliable players like MacGinty were dropping balls left and right. And of course, any knock on was basically an instant penalty to Georgia as they'd mash us in the scrum. Beyond the scrum and handling, probably the biggest frustration was kicking. Pretty much every Georgian kick to our back 3 was contested, while pretty much every kick to their back 3 was uncontested.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:16 pm 

...and the Canadians lost to the Romanians 25-9.

We're in for an EPIC qualifier series! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:41 pm 

So I just got back from a week in Park City, Utah, where I watched some of the 10's tournament on 4th of July. I was pleasantly surprised at the level of it, some good skills on show and some very large Polynesian looking chaps.

I must check out my local team in Jacksonville Florida and see what they're all about.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:53 pm 

Stevus55 wrote:
So I just got back from a week in Park City, Utah, where I watched some of the 10's tournament on 4th of July. I was pleasantly surprised at the level of it, some good skills on show and some very large Polynesian looking chaps.

I must check out my local team in Jacksonville Florida and see what they're all about.

Rugby in Utah is kinda weird. They have a very strong, by American standards, youth and high school scene and they have one of the top college teams in the nation. But their club scene has been beset with poor organization and poor discipline. Recently they've taken some very good steps at club level. They've created a short premier league that feeds into a representative Utah side. That Utah rep side will morph into a pro team in the newly formed Major League Rugby next year, so it's not surprising the standard would be going up rapidly as local players have contracts to strive for.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:13 pm 

Makes sense, I think I saw a couple of the guys with premier league patches on their sleeves.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:51 am 

Quote:
Little Rocky Junior Stormers scrumhalf and High School All-American Ruben de Haas has signed with the Cheetahs of Super Rugby on an academy contract.

De Haas, now that he has finished his commitments with the USA U20 team, will complete the South African season with the Cheetahs program, where he will be training with current South Africa U20 scrumhalf Revan Kruger.

This is the first big step toward a pro contract for de Haas, who has been eyeing a contract in France as well as opportunities in South Africa. His father, Pieter, has been his coach with the Junior Stormers and was a professional rugby player there before moving to Arkansas. De Haas has said repeatedly that his plan is to represent the USA in rugby, and he has already done that on all age-grade levels, serving in leadership roles at every step.

http://www.florugby.com/article/58557-de-haas-to-cheetahs-academy-in-south-africa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:57 pm 

Jensrsa wrote:
Quote:
Little Rocky Junior Stormers scrumhalf and High School All-American Ruben de Haas has signed with the Cheetahs of Super Rugby on an academy contract.

De Haas, now that he has finished his commitments with the USA U20 team, will complete the South African season with the Cheetahs program, where he will be training with current South Africa U20 scrumhalf Revan Kruger.

This is the first big step toward a pro contract for de Haas, who has been eyeing a contract in France as well as opportunities in South Africa. His father, Pieter, has been his coach with the Junior Stormers and was a professional rugby player there before moving to Arkansas. De Haas has said repeatedly that his plan is to represent the USA in rugby, and he has already done that on all age-grade levels, serving in leadership roles at every step.

http://www.florugby.com/article/58557-de-haas-to-cheetahs-academy-in-south-africa

Looking forward to seeing his continued development. Quality 9s are in extremely short supply here.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:02 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxxnyTJpFWI

Anyone follow this podcast at all?

Seems pretty decent.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4772 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120