Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: House of Rugby
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:35 pm 

Tindall I know you read this. We know Ireland are shite stop rubbing it in. Dickhead.

Post subject: Re: House of Rugby
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:41 pm 

i thought the live show was a bit of a mess, all trying too hard to be funny and get a reaction from the crowd, tindall especially

back to studio for the rwc please

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:51 pm 

Akkerman wrote:
i thought the live show was a bit of a mess, all trying too hard to be funny and get a reaction from the crowd, tindall especially

Was it just me or did they seem to be trying to curse a lot just for the sake of it - it sounded forced, especially posh boy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:02 pm 

Akkerman wrote:

Too much money chat as well.

We get it, lads, you rake it in from whoring yourselves on the corporate circuit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:08 pm 

MrDominator wrote:
Akkerman wrote:

Too much money chat as well.

We get it, lads, you rake it in from whoring yourselves on the corporate circuit.

Agree - only lasted 20 mins - Alex Payne is smarmy (and nasty if you critique the press). Starting to look like the Aussie footy shows.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:10 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
Tindall I know you read this. We know Ireland are shite stop rubbing it in. Dickhead.

Didn't he cop a shitload of abuse before and after England walloped Ireland for having suggested England would win? He seems to enjoy getting his revenge.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:12 pm 

JM2K6 wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

Didn't he cop a shitload of abuse before and after England walloped Ireland for having suggested England would win? He seems to enjoy getting his revenge.

Goes back to last season. Wouldn't give Ireland and credit for winning the GS in 2018 and then beating Aus over there. Continued to say that he just didn't see it even after beating NZ in Dublin.
Was a bit "I told you so" after the shit show of the 6N.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:14 pm 

Precious meter is twitching.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:35 pm 

JM2K6 wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

It all started off the back of Ireland beating New Zealand. Whilst everyone else was blowing smoke up Schmidt's arse Tins was of the opinion their game plan was dull and limited and that they'd need more for the RWC because sides would find them out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:37 pm 

House of Rugby is always shite anyway.
Too much lad's BANTA and glib high level pub discussion of the game, not enough actual analysis or insight.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:39 pm 

Gospel wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

It all started off the back of Ireland beating New Zealand. Whilst everyone else was blowing smoke up Schmidt's arse Tins was of the opinion their game plan was dull and limited and that they'd need more for the RWC because sides would find them out.

There was an certainly some truth to what he was saying. The gameplan was limited, but effective. He couldn't pay any compliment, though. Didn't seem articulate enough to give praise while also expressing concern about the method. Seemed like he was still commenting on Ireland from 2015.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:56 pm 

Floppykid wrote:
Too much lad's BANTA and glib high level pub discussion of the game, not enough actual analysis or insight.

That's why it's an entertaining Podcast. It's about the fun and funny stories of Rugby characters, not the tactics.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:07 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

That's why it's an entertaining Podcast. It's about the fun and funny stories of Rugby characters, not the tactics.

Meh, different strokes I guess.
I find a lot of rugby player stories are fairly tame repetitive beer stories, the ones that get out at least).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:09 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
Floppykid wrote:

It is essentially the James Haskell show, nothing wrong with that but it is lads banta. Sometimes that can be a bit tedious. The three lads do have good chemistry in a top gear type way.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:18 pm 

For the record I can't stand the Baz and Andrew one either.
Last time I tried them they kicked off with a big "mad" story from one of "the lads" at EP.
fudge off, I want to hear actual mad stuff from music festivals I won't go to a milky tea podcast for it, get on with the rugby ffs.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:45 pm 

I quite like the Baz and Andrew one, they discuss the games with a good bit of depth now with Flannery there. Some of the shite talk is a bit much but overall it's entertaining.

The James Lowe episode last week was great actually.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:20 pm 

the podcast market seems to be saturated at the moment

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:37 pm 

New HoR out today. Tindall could have gloated a lot in fairness. He was proved right. The team can’t think for themselves on the pitch. He said POM was a liability and could have been yellow carded. I thought he made an interesting point about the tactics. I felt we needed a more structured game but he felt the opposite - that had we stuck with the tactics of the first 20min then we would have won. He felt we panicked and reverted to a negative game plan.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:57 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
New HoR out today. Tindall could have gloated a lot in fairness. He was proved right. The team can’t think for themselves on the pitch. He said POM was a liability and could have been yellow carded. I thought he made an interesting point about the tactics. I felt we needed a more structured game but he felt the opposite - that had we stuck with the tactics of the first 20min then we would have won. He felt we panicked and reverted to a negative game plan.

Indeed. Tindall was quite serious about Ireland's failings and he's been consistent in what's he's said about them all year. I think the whole thing goes back to the backlash of his 6 Nations comments because he called Irelands fault early, but he's fairly consistent in that he'll criticise everyteam.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:01 pm 

Akkerman wrote:

Yeah, in studio with Alex-Hask + optional other (prefer Tindall due to familiarity)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:02 pm 

Also a good show, Luther Burell was nicely honest about his career, especially the whole fiasco of England in 2015 as well as being a good laugh on occasion. Tindall was very good in his Rugby opinions and commenst on the state of the game.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:04 pm 

Rugby2023 wrote:
Akkerman wrote:

Yeah, in studio with Alex-Hask + optional other (prefer Tindall due to familiarity)

I like the fact they have a regular line-up but it regularly changed. I enjoyed the live show, but it did feel like it was aimed at the live audience and was veyr injokey for the fans. Probably more entertaining if you were in the crowd.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:41 pm 

The second live show that went up today was a bit of a trains smash close to the end after they read out the youtube comments,alex really seemed to lose his cool with Theh hask :uhoh:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:46 pm 

doodles.dude wrote:
The second live show that went up today was a bit of a trains smash close to the end after they read out the youtube comments,alex really seemed to lose his cool with Theh hask :uhoh:

The hask selling personalised videos for 50quid a pop :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:58 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
doodles.dude wrote:

The hask selling personalised videos for 50quid a pop :lol:

Thought that was just a jokey persona thing but he really seems to be keen to do anything for money x(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:00 pm 

They were really having a go at each this episode though ,Goode must have been thinking ,"wtf I'm I doing here" ,after Haskell ribbed him from the start.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:11 pm 

doodles.dude wrote:
They were really having a go at each this episode though ,Goode must have been thinking ,"wtf I'm I doing here" ,after Haskell ribbed him from the start.

I’d say he’s picking up a few enemies with his stories. The prop who got knocked out and pissed himself - was it Stevens? - can’t imagine he was too happy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:15 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
doodles.dude wrote:

I’d say he’s picking up a few enemies with his stories. The prop who got knocked out and pissed himself - was it Stevens? - can’t imagine he was too happy

I could be wrong but I think it was the sarries/eng hooker Jamie George,a lot of hask's attempts at humor fell flat tonight and he seems to attack the crowd a bit too aggressively.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:52 pm 

That Jamie George story has been around for a good while, although to be fair it still may have been The Hask who made it public a few years ago.

I doubt George is the sort of character who'd be too bothered by it anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:01 pm 

I’ve been at an event The Hask DJ’d and he’s not a great sport or fully on an even keel. Even those of us on ‘his side’ were very wary.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:07 pm 

croyals wrote:
I’ve been at an event The Hask DJ’d and he’s not a great sport or fully on an even keel. Even those of us on ‘his side’ were very wary.

despite his rebuilt image he’s supposed to be a massive helmet still if he doesn’t want anything from you. I enjoy some of his stuff though.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:08 pm 

DragsterDriver wrote:
croyals wrote:

despite his rebuilt image he’s supposed to be a massive helmet still if he doesn’t want anything from you. I enjoy some of his stuff though.

Oh he’s a prick, just happen to be a fan of his on the pitch

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:09 pm 

croyals wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
croyals wrote:

He was good on the oz tour.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:11 pm 

DragsterDriver wrote:
croyals wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
croyals wrote:

He was good on the oz tour.

I’ve been on rugby and cricket tours with excellent tourists and/or players who I don’t necessarily rate as blokes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:53 pm 

DragsterDriver wrote:
croyals wrote:

Why was hask Dj'ing?! :lol: