Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2623 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 66  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:59 pm 

Those nauseating photos of infants holding an "I am 6 months old" card that smug parents insist on posting on Facebook with monotonous regularity

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:14 pm 

Sandstorm wrote:
OhNo wrote:
People who change money at airports.

How do you buy drugs and pay hookers on holiday? :?

I get more drugs and hookers by changing my money on the high street before I get to the airport.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:26 pm 

Not quite every day, but getting from south west London to anywhere south of Croydon and back on anything other than a bike is a miserable experience.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:20 pm 

Mahoney wrote:
anywhere south of Croydon is a miserable experience.

Ftfy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:00 pm 

The fact that the f**king BBC website is now resorting to clickbait lingo such as "gamechanger".

YOU WON'T BELIEVE THE REACTION OF LORD REITH'S CORPSE!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:45 pm 

"Storytelling", which is a new-ish buzzword in the workplace to try and humanise us corporate androids.

Irritatingly, it's now creeping into adverts. At the end of one for sofas the other day was "I'm Susan Jones and this is my <furniture brand> story" :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:49 pm 

OhNo wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
OhNo wrote:

I get more drugs and hookers by changing my money on the high street before I get to the airport.

What kind of f**king idiot pays a dead hooker?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:56 pm 

frillage wrote:
OhNo wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
OhNo wrote:

We'll get you from beyond the grave

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:37 am 

My new commuter hate: clearly able-bodied passengers who can't be bothered walking one bus length when the bus they want is the second bus to arrive at the stop. So we waste another 20- 30 seconds for the bus to move forward, stop, the doors to open and the lazy dickwad to meander on, oblivious to the delay he's causing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:31 am 

Ghost-Of-Nepia wrote:
My new commuter hate: clearly able-bodied passengers who can't be bothered walking one bus length when the bus they want is the second bus to arrive at the stop. So we waste another 20- 30 seconds for the bus to move forward, stop, the doors to open and the lazy dickwad to meander on, oblivious to the delay he's causing.

Some of us don’t stop twice...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:36 pm 

frillage wrote:
OhNo wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
OhNo wrote:

If you can fúck for free you can't really tell yourself they're a hooker, irrespective of dead or alive.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:12 pm 

People who sit back and let others do the work when it is for the general (and their) good.

The current storms have just brought a large birch down across the road opposite our fields. It did not come from our woods, it is not inconveniencing us, but the road is totally blocked.

I got out my chainsaw and set to work with the chap from the first vehicle to arrive to clear the road. Several more cars arrive. None of the occupants were unfit, but none got out to help. As soon as there was just enough room for them to squeeze past they went, with no word of thanks.

If they'd got off their arses the road would have been cleared more quickly and everyone less inconvenienced. But no, someone else is dealing with it so I'll just stay in my warm car.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:13 pm 

Edinburgh01 wrote:
People who sit back and let others do the work when it is for the general (and their) good.

The current storms have just brought a large birch down across the road opposite our fields. It did not come from our woods, it is not inconveniencing us, but the road is totally blocked.

I got out my chainsaw and set to work with the chap from the first vehicle to arrive to clear the road. Several more cars arrive. None of the occupants were unfit, but none got out to help. As soon as there was just enough room for them to squeeze past they went, with no word of thanks.

If they'd got off their arses the road would have been cleared more quickly and everyone less inconvenienced. But no, someone else is dealing with it so I'll just stay in my warm car.

Perhaps lose the hockey mask next time

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:31 pm 

blindcider wrote:
Edinburgh01 wrote:

Perhaps slip as the car squeezes past and fall in such a way that the chainsaw blade grazes the side of their car.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:35 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:36 pm 

blindcider wrote:
Edinburgh01 wrote:

I'll admit it, I had to work that one out. TBF it was not hard.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:37 pm 

Azlan Roar wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:08 am 

men wearing suits with sleeves that are too long, dunno why, but it just annoys me

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:20 am 

Edinburgh01 wrote:

I wonder if they arrived after you and the first chap were already working? I can imagine being thoughtless in that situation and not really thinking about the possibility that the people doing the work aren't doing it because it's their official role. A negative of being in a society where people are employed to sort out so many of our day to day problems - you get out of the habit of considering whether perhaps you could join in with solving them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:10 pm 

A guy just sat down opposite me on the bus and started to clip his nails.

Fortunately, the two other people sitting nearby viewed this in the same way I did

He is no longer on the bus.

Wtf is wrong with people??

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:47 pm 

happyhooker wrote:
A guy just sat down opposite me on the bus and started to clip his nails.

Fortunately, the two other people sitting nearby viewed this in the same way I did

He is no longer on the bus.

Wtf is wrong with people??

fingernails or toenails ?
I just bite my fingernails, often in public or whilst I'm driving - but on a bus ! FFS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:48 pm 

I bite my toe nails too. No-one on the bus has ever complained to me.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:05 pm 

Mahoney wrote:
I bite my toe nails too. No-one on the bus has ever complained to me.

I'll bet you weren't wearing panties under your miniskirt though...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:09 pm 

I think I can say, with my hand on my heart, that I have never worn panties under a miniskirt.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:22 pm 

Whilst on the tube earlier this week a middle aged woman got onto the carriage and started tutting at some people who were sat down, eventually she said "well if you won't offer I'll have to ask, I suppose, can't you see I'm struggling to stand?". A youngish lad jumped up and apologised, whilst offering his seat. She sat down shooting injured looks to the rest of the carriage. A few stops later we both got off at the same stop where the poor dear underwent a miraculous Keyser Soze-esque recovery as we walked to the exit. I wasn't sure whether to be in awe at the front of her or kick her in the foot so she actually had a reason to limp.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:24 pm 

Microsoft

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:26 pm 

Mahoney wrote:
I think I can say, with my hand on my heart, that I have never worn panties under a miniskirt.

:::Swoon:::

No, this arsehole was clipping his fingernails and letting the shards fly everywhere.

I was the voice of reason in comparison to the guy who got hit in the face by a piece

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:47 pm 

danny_fitz wrote:
Those nauseating photos of infants holding an "I am 6 months old" card that smug parents insist on posting on Facebook with monotonous regularity

Thankfully I barely know anyone with kids (yet...) but the few that do have them post their inane baby nonsense all the farking time. The only thing worse than that is the deluge of 'that's so cute' which encourages them to keep doing it. Often done by people (women) who profess to have no interest in kids/not like kids when not around people who don't have them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:12 pm 

Mahoney wrote:
Edinburgh01 wrote:

I wonder if they arrived after you and the first chap were already working? I can imagine being thoughtless in that situation and not really thinking about the possibility that the people doing the work aren't doing it because it's their official role. A negative of being in a society where people are employed to sort out so many of our day to day problems - you get out of the habit of considering whether perhaps you could join in with solving them.

I can see that in an urban situation. But given that people in two out of the three cars knew perfectly well I am a retired banker who lives in the adjacent property, not in this case. I have no idea who was in the third car.

Up here, something happens like a tree coming down and blocking the road, the nearest people with the necessary equipment pitch in and sort it out. If we waited for the Council, the road would still be blocked.

Edit.
I think that is why I was so annoyed. We have a tradition of self help and pitching in for the greater good locally, yet contrary to that tradition locals still sat on their arses.

Last edited by Edinburgh01 on Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:16 pm 

Edinburgh01 wrote:
Mahoney wrote:
Edinburgh01 wrote:

I can see that in an urban situation. But given that people in two out of the three cars knew perfectly well I am a retired banker who lives in the adjacent property, not in this case. I have no idea who was in the third car.

Up here, something happens like a tree coming down and blocking the road, the nearest people with the necessary equipment pitch in and sort it out. If we waited for the Council, the road would still be blocked.

Maybe they just don't like you based on this information. :P

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:19 pm 

blindcider wrote:
Edinburgh01 wrote:
Mahoney wrote:
Edinburgh01 wrote:

One was himself a retired venture capitalist. TBF, his wife contacted my wife and apologised.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:20 pm 

blindcider wrote:
Edinburgh01 wrote:
Mahoney wrote:
Edinburgh01 wrote:

Oi, buster :x

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:36 am 

People who constantly talk over others and cut people short in meetings and in conversation. I don't want to generalise, but these types of people are usually men with short-man syndrome and small penises.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:53 am 

Bossy wives. Or rather bossy wife, especially in the context of assessing that someone needs help, e.g. Young mother getting buggy and child onto bus, but not helping them herself, of course not, rather deciding that I should do it, and then tells me twice, almost inaudibly, to help, and then, because I'm still reading my book and haven't looked up and noticed the situation, more sternly and impatiently. Of course it is pointless to ask why she didn't do it herself if it is so important, but I do anyway. I hate travelling to the airport by bus.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:04 am 

Gwenno wrote:
Bossy wives. Or rather bossy wife, especially in the context of assessing that someone needs help, e.g. Young mother getting buggy and child onto bus, but not helping them herself, of course not, rather deciding that I should do it, and then tells me twice, almost inaudibly, to help, and then, because I'm still reading my book and haven't looked up and noticed the situation, more sternly and impatiently. Of course it is pointless to ask why she didn't do it herself if it is so important, but I do anyway. I hate travelling to the airport by bus.

I got up and helped a hot young bird drag her huge suitcase onto the bus at Gatwick and my wife crapped on me for being a dirty perve. It was a long flight to Tenerife.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:16 am 

Would you have done it if she was ugly and fat?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:21 am 

jdogscoop wrote:
Would you have done it if she was ugly and fat?

Probably. The bus would not move until her bag was stowed.

The fact that she had a low cut top and gave me a huge smile helped me move a bit quicker.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:00 am 

You have to make a point of helping uggos and fatties in similar circumstances when the mrs is with you. That way, when you help the young hot wans, your mrs won't get sandy. :thumbup:

It's also just nice to be helpful and have people thank you, regardless of shallow motivation.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:03 am 

Nolanator wrote:
You have to make a point of helping uggos and fatties in similar circumstances when the mrs is with you. That way, when you help the young hot wans, your mrs won't get sandy. :thumbup:

It's also just nice to be helpful and have people thank you, regardless of shallow motivation.

Thanks for your valuable input

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:09 am 

Any time. :thumbup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2623 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 66  Next