Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9023 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212 ... 226  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:55 pm 

Boxcar Ira wrote:
Limerick and Clare should be feisty next week. I think Waterford are out so might be easier for Cork.

Waterford and the Scum are out

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:58 pm 

Rumham wrote:
MrJonno wrote:
Why are they showing Dublin v Longford, surely it will be a total whitewash. How about the Donegal v Down match? Not quite as much of a foregone conclusion and might be a contest

Down just scored their first point of the game after 25 minutes :lol:

Yeah when it was 1-07 0-00 it was looking like a redundant question. Donegal look good though

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:06 pm 

Been impressed with Donegal. The Super 8 will be entertaining at least.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:07 pm 

Lazy Couch potato wrote:
Cork v Clare would the thurles....cork limk in limk???

Bothh Thurles I’d say. I think thy want the final to be on neutral ground.

I think Limerick are better than Clare. Limerick are shit hot at the moment. But Clare seem to have their number in big games.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:33 pm 

Cords forwards terrify me boxcar. Limerick will need to score 27+ again as cork even on a bad day hit high scores. Cork very iffy at the back tho

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:05 pm 

Boxcar Ira wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:
Cork v Clare would the thurles....cork limk in limk???

Bothh Thurles I’d say. I think thy want the final to be on neutral ground.

I think Limerick are better than Clare. Limerick are shit hot at the moment. But Clare seem to have their number in big games.

Limerick - Cork would surely be in Limerick. There was an old home and away so it should go back to Limerick now.

Last edited by Rumham on Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:08 pm 

Banana Man wrote:
Boxcar Ira wrote:
Limerick and Clare should be feisty next week. I think Waterford are out so might be easier for Cork.

Why do you call them the Scum? Just you b’man or all fiesty Clare fans?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:39 pm 

YOYO wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
Boxcar Ira wrote:

Why do you call them the Scum? Just you b’man or all fiesty Clare fans?

Clare fans of a certain generation. Me auld man hates um. Me however, i am a love not war type of person. You can get that from my username.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:15 pm 

It's a bit tongue in cheek of course but came up during our revival of 95 on but can remember getting smashed by Tipp in early 90s....

"The premier" etc

Bred into us to hate Tipp to be honest.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:36 pm 

Clare don't like Limerick either. That dislike is mutual.

Going to be very tasty with Clare needing a win to be sure while Limerick knowing that a draw will probably send them to a Munster final.

If Waterford decide to turn up and fudge Cork over again then Clare and Limerick could meet again in the Munster final depending on points difference.

New format has improved the provincial championships.

Limerick look good this year and should have beaten Cork 2 weeks ago.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:48 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
Clare don't like Limerick either. That dislike is mutual.

Going to be very tasty with Clare needing a win to be sure while Limerick knowing that a draw will probably send them to a Munster final.

If Waterford decide to turn up and fudge Cork over again then Clare and Limerick could meet again in the Munster final depending on points difference.

New format has improved the provincial championships.

Limerick look good this year and should have beaten Cork 2 weeks ago.

Clare are a point ahead of Cork on points diff but in 3rd due to head to head

A cork loss no matter and we win or draw we go to Munster final

I think Limerick will win both our game and Munster however..

I hate Tipp much more than Limerick. It's not even close

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:24 pm 

Tipp are the Gick of the hurling world.

I used that comparison the other way around to explain to a Gick lad why everybody hates them. He asked me if "Tipp played AIL"...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:26 pm 

The best comparison of Tipp we have in Leinster are Meath in football. They are shite now but when they were good they were so insufferable and arrogant.

Tipp's arrogance reminds me of Meath's during the 90s.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:33 pm 

Start with football on Sunday game

Ah feck off....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:36 pm 

Banana Man wrote:

Ah feck off....

I know. Hate football.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:41 pm 

We really need the Sunday game to have a panel on why tipp are hated so much ....

Say jj Delaney, Michael duignan and Ger
Loughnane. I’d pay my license fee for that

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:43 pm 

Loughnane for years used the Nicky English grin from the Munster final 1993 to motivate Clare.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:05 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
Loughnane for years used the Nicky English grin from the Munster final 1993 to motivate Clare.

Yes and no

He used it for 95 - then up to 97 it was "tipp don't respect you cause we didn't best them to win the all Ireland "

Then it was just "everyone hates us and is out to get us" from 98 on

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:05 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
Banana Man wrote:

Ah feck off....

I know. Hate football.

Will be wall to wall football in July essentially too with finals and super 8s....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:11 pm 

Banana Man wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Banana Man wrote:

Ah feck off....

I know. Hate football.

Will be wall to wall football in July essentially too with finals and super 8s....

Yep. Super 8s will be football answers to the hurling round robin.

The good thing about the super 8's is the games outside Croke Park. Imagine Dublin playing their away game in Killarney or Clones or Pairc Uí Chaoimh. Their fans would love that.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:14 pm 

It's proper boring watching Dublin play in Leinster. They should just get a bye to all Ireland semis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:17 pm 

alliswell wrote:
It's proper boring watching Dublin play in Leinster. They should just get a bye to all Ireland semis

It's a cycle. Same as Kilkenny 10 years ago. This is an exceptional Dublin side, possibly going to be the best football team ever in the GAA.

But, they will eventually come back into the pack or Kildare and Meath cop the fudge on and get their shit together.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:38 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
alliswell wrote:

It's a cycle. Same as Kilkenny 10 years ago. This is an exceptional Dublin side, possibly going to be the best football team ever in the GAA.

But, they will eventually come back into the pack or Kildare and Meath cop the fudge on and get their shit together.

They've only lost one since 2005. There's been a couple of players worth of Dublin teams in that time and Meath and Kildare are only falling further back.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:48 pm 

alliswell wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
alliswell wrote:

They've only lost one since 2005. There's been a couple of players worth of Dublin teams in that time and Meath and Kildare are only falling further back.

Kildare have always been underachievers.

There is something fundamentally wrong in Meath at the moment. They are a traditional county and should be at least at the same level as Donegal, Galway, Mayo.

Dublin are showing all the other counties what it takes and they other counties will follow in time.

Dublin are like a professional side. KK raised the standard, Dublin are doing it in football, things won't stay the same forever. Either Dublin decline or the others copy their model and catch up.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:04 am 

Honestly don't see it happening. Their player and financial resources are far too strong for them to go back to where they were.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:20 am 

YOYO wrote:
Longford making more of a game of it. Good stuff.

I was hoping for a less than 15 point defeat. We do not hold hopes of winning Leinster's or All Irelands. The qualifiers are our competition, we try to get as far in that as we can. Kildare will be a proper test for us.

On second viewing the red was deserved. He was obviously looking to make a "statement" on Cluxton but got it badly wrong and got what he deserved.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:18 am 

Liathroidigloine wrote:
YOYO wrote:

I was hoping for a less than 15 point defeat. We do not hold hopes of winning Leinster's or All Irelands. The qualifiers are our competition, we try to get as far in that as we can. Kildare will be a proper test for us.

On second viewing the red was deserved. He was obviously looking to make a "statement" on Cluxton but got it badly wrong and got what he deserved.

Saw the interview with Longford manager after the game on Sunday Game. He said Longford have won their 1st round qualifer match every year for past 10 years.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:33 am 

Enough stickball talk

The magnificent super Dubs march on

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:34 am 

Banana Man wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
YOYO wrote:

Saw the interview with Longford manager after the game on Sunday Game. He said Longford have won their 1st round qualifer match every year for past 10 years.

We have had some great wins. Beat Mayo in Pearse park and beat Down and Derry too. Lost narrowly to Kerry.

I know it'd be a big money loss for the GAA but getting Dublin down to Longford would do so much more for GAA in the county than the financial cost.

Rugby is beginning to make inroads into football. We had three or four lads who would have played county U20's this year but played rugby instead. That was huge.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:41 am 

Liathroidigloine wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
YOYO wrote:

We have had some great wins. Beat Mayo in Pearse park and beat Down and Derry too. Lost narrowly to Kerry.

I know it'd be a big money loss for the GAA but getting Dublin down to Longford would do so much more for GAA in the county than the financial cost.

Rugby is beginning to make inroads into football. We had three or four lads who would have played county U20's this year but played rugby instead. That was huge.

Send them up to me in Barnhall... I'll make real players out of them with the other 2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:48 am 

Banana Man wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
YOYO wrote:

Send them up to me in Barnhall... I'll make real players out of them with the other 2

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:46 pm 

Back in the munster final for the banner. Limerick a bit f**ked after last effort.
Duggan and kelly class.
That clare red card was a joke though. The limerick lad ran into him ffs.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:53 pm 

Very disappointing from Limerick. Up until today they were unstoppable in the league and Munster. They still should go far though.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:58 pm 

Munster-fogs wrote:
Very disappointing from Limerick. Up until today they were unstoppable in the league and Munster. They still should go far though.

THey should do. Big games every week is a bit much.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:10 pm 

rageagainstthemachine wrote:
Back in the munster final for the banner. Limerick a bit f**ked after last effort.
Duggan and kelly class.
That clare red card was a joke though. The limerick lad ran into him ffs.

Same ref from the cork game who sent off gillane n then didn’t give the second yellowso a lot of pressure on him. Clare finished well. Conlon was unplayable n he n Duggan allow kelly n Podge to play.

Disappointed to say the least with limerick. No spark no bite.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:11 am 

Up the Banner.......

Will watch match on RTE player later -got highlights on Sunday Game last night before the horrors consumed me.

Reidy red card seems like an absolute joke.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:22 am 

Soft red bman would be an understatement. Red put in an awful position of reducing s team to 14 again . Sendings off suited ye more with space etc but I feel ye have our number anyway. Limk fullback line badly exposed.
Congrats well worth the win.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:33 am 

Lazy Couch potato wrote:
Soft red bman would be an understatement. Red put in an awful position of reducing s team to 14 again . Sendings off suited ye more with space etc but I feel ye have our number anyway. Limk fullback line badly exposed.
Congrats well worth the win.

Surely will be rescinded.

John Conlon is in the form of his life - and I would have been looking for him to be dropped before start of the season.

We still lack ball winners though, Galway would bully us in to next year

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:55 am 

Galway bully most but given the space of Croker yell do well. Strangely I felt ye could have won by a lot more ye wasted a lot in the 45-60 mins. Conlon is unplayable at the minute. Casey taken to the cleaners

Limerick won’t be as bad again. I’m almost glad we’ve that one flat performance out of the system. 100% or nowhere has always been limerick. Still a bit short but building

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:09 pm 

Eamonn Sweeney is a bit of an eijit most of the time but this article is bang on the money.

Comment: You can't keep blaming the referees - managers must look at themselves

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic ... 18186.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9023 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212 ... 226  Next