Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9517 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 238  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13090
Location: The Gold Coast
SASP wrote:
We were a mess before. Had to get organised first.
We got 2-13 today and should have scored more.
2-08 from play. 7 different scorers.
Playing a little more open this season. Just hope they keep it together.



Oh you're a Donegal man

No wonder you're so bog ignorant. Stick to crashing cars and leave the football to the rest of country.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19363
Galway giving Offaly a fierce hiding here, 4-20 to 2-14 with 10 minutes left.

Its was 3-0 to 1-0 after 15 minutes. Very odd start to a game


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33758
Location: Dublin
Banana Man wrote:
Galway giving Offaly a fierce hiding here, 4-20 to 2-14 with 10 minutes left.

Its was 3-0 to 1-0 after 15 minutes. Very odd start to a game


Galway still have problems catching high balls in their full back line. I fancy the winners of Dublin/Kilkenny to beat them comfortably


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19363
iarmhiman wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
Galway giving Offaly a fierce hiding here, 4-20 to 2-14 with 10 minutes left.

Its was 3-0 to 1-0 after 15 minutes. Very odd start to a game


Galway still have problems catching high balls in their full back line. I fancy the winners of Dublin/Kilkenny to beat them comfortably

No ball winner at all in the backs, Og Reagan is a good hurler but not strong in the air. They have leaked something like 6 30 in their two games v Westmeath and Offaly.

Not near good enough for the Cats or Dublin.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19363
Clare going to lost this game, too much short passing


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33758
Location: Dublin
Great game. Either team would have deserved to win that.

Clare showed plenty of good running good scoring but lack a ground hurling game and were guilty of not using two hands to pick up the sliotar in tight areas.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19363
iarmhiman wrote:
Great game. Either team would have deserved to win that.

Clare showed plenty of good running good scoring but lack a ground hurling game and were guilty of not using two hands to pick up the sliotar in tight areas.

Not enough big ball winners. Would have had Fergal Lynch.

Honan f**ked up at the end there, but Waterford had a 3 on 0 to kill the game.

Mullane and Kelly jumping up and down in front of Fitzy at end.
Have always had a dislike for Waterford since 98, they rarely do anything to change this perception.

But they deserved to win, that bit cuter.
Clare will come good yet.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33758
Location: Dublin
Banana Man wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Great game. Either team would have deserved to win that.

Clare showed plenty of good running good scoring but lack a ground hurling game and were guilty of not using two hands to pick up the sliotar in tight areas.

Not enough big ball winners. Would have had Fergal Lynch.

Honan f**ked up at the end there, but Waterford had a 3 on 0 to kill the game.

Mullane and Kelly jumping up and down in front of Fitzy at end.
Have always had a dislike for Waterford since 98, they rarely do anything to change this perception.

But they deserved to win, that bit cuter.
Clare will come good yet.


If Waterford get Cork in the final it will be close. If they play Tipp it will be a massacre.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19363
iarmhiman wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Great game. Either team would have deserved to win that.

Clare showed plenty of good running good scoring but lack a ground hurling game and were guilty of not using two hands to pick up the sliotar in tight areas.

Not enough big ball winners. Would have had Fergal Lynch.

Honan f**ked up at the end there, but Waterford had a 3 on 0 to kill the game.

Mullane and Kelly jumping up and down in front of Fitzy at end.
Have always had a dislike for Waterford since 98, they rarely do anything to change this perception.

But they deserved to win, that bit cuter.
Clare will come good yet.


If Waterford get Cork in the final it will be close. If they play Tipp it will be a massacre.

Not sure they would get hockeyed by Tipp again, but leaving the Clare forwards run at them so much is not good when you consider the calibre of forward Tipp/Cork have.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 176
The football went as expected. Kildare will be talked up after the big win but Offaly are not great shakes.

In the hurling, Clare's lack of experience let them down today!! Some bad misses.

Great game, some 2nd half.

Winner of Cork/Tipp will take Munster...am going for Tipp.

Reckon we will have another cracker of a game next Saturday.....handing KK a first lost in Leinster for donkey's years will nice 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:32 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1030
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 176
Cabbage wrote:
Image


Aye, so you were watching Donegal play again on Saturday. As you probably noted they are not as bad as last year.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:01 pm
Posts: 9158
Location: Donegal
Malahide Mullet wrote:
SASP wrote:
We were a mess before. Had to get organised first.
We got 2-13 today and should have scored more.
2-08 from play. 7 different scorers.
Playing a little more open this season. Just hope they keep it together.



Oh you're a Donegal man

No wonder you're so bog ignorant. Stick to crashing cars and leave the football to the rest of country.


:lol:

I love you too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 176
Off to Portlaoise now for the Double header with KK.

Atleast I will get to see a real match!!! After this morning and the performance in Poland will be good to see some real competitivity for a change.

Fear though that KK, like the All-Blacks, will be more than up for this game!

Tipp to beat Cork tomorrow as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4802
witnof wrote:
Off to Portlaoise now for the Double header with KK.

Atleast I will get to see a real match!!! After this morning and the performance in Poland will be good to see some real competitivity for a change.

Fear though that KK, like the All-Blacks, will be more than up for this game!

Tipp to beat Cork tomorrow as well.



I'm heading to Ascot. Last race @ 5.35.
I was going to leave early to catch the hurling, but having doubts now.
I don't think I could face another reaming.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19363
This could be a serious game.
Dublin have put all their eggs in the championship this season

Great to see Loughnanne back on the tv. Fair love Ger


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5773
Whats the halftime score please?
Is GL in remission?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20691
Conspicuous wrote:
Whats the halftime score please?
Is GL in remission?


KK up 2-10 to 0-06.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5773
danthefan wrote:
Conspicuous wrote:
Whats the halftime score please? Is GL in remission?

KK up 2-10 to 0-06.

Thanks Dan. What's the latest score ? Sorry I'm on the train and can't access rte .ie


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 176
Well fudge me! Two reamings in one day! Will not be able to sit for a week!

Wrong tactics, the high balls were not working but we would not change to the wing! Too bulked up, no speed and were given a lesson! KK some team!

Only consolation was the minors won. 5 Cuala lads involved.

Tomorrow we Will see some real hurling. money on Tipp .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19363
Finished 2-21 to 0-09 to Kilkenny.

They are so far ahead of the game it is beyond belief, missing Michael Fennelly and Michael Rice, they also brought Noel Hickey, Michael Ruth and Aidan Fogarty on off the bench


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2397
Location: Terenure, Dublin 6, Ireland
I'm heading to Clonmel to watch the Irish Cycling Road Race championships tomorrow.
Nicholas Roche is racing.

I hope to get to see the Tipp/Cork game in a pub in Clonmel.
We got a bad hiding from KK in Portlaoise this evening.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4802
witnof wrote:
Well fudge me! Two reamings in one day! Will not be able to sit for a week!

Wrong tactics, the high balls were not working but we would not change to the wing! Too bulked up, no speed and were given a lesson! KK some team!

Only consolation was the minors won. 5 Cuala lads involved.

Tomorrow we Will see some real hurling. money on Tipp .


You a Cuala supporter too ? me +1.
We were atrocious with our first touch from ground.
Another skill shortage seems to be play interference (legal sort).
Time after time I see KK hooking or blocking Dublin but very few successful attempts against them.
The stats in this area must be unreal. We should do a lot more work on basic skills.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 176
Leinster in London wrote:
witnof wrote:
Well fudge me! Two reamings in one day! Will not be able to sit for a week!

Wrong tactics, the high balls were not working but we would not change to the wing! Too bulked up, no speed and were given a lesson! KK some team!

Only consolation was the minors won. 5 Cuala lads involved.

Tomorrow we Will see some real hurling. money on Tipp .


You a Cuala supporter too ? me +1.
We were atrocious with our first touch from ground.
Another skill shortage seems to be play interference (legal sort).
Time after time I see KK hooking or blocking Dublin but very few successful attempts against them.
The stats in this area must be unreal. We should do a lot more work on basic skills.


Yeap. Born and breed in Dalkey so played with Cuala before I started hopping around the world.

Our touch was atrocious because for me it seemed we focused on bulking up so were slow at anything that needed speed. Even worse we were not able to physically challenge KK even with this bulk.

We had the whole balance to our game wrong.

Ah well one bright spot is that Ryan O'Dwyer actually finished a game of hurling this year, probably for the first time!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13090
Location: The Gold Coast
f**king Kilkenny


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19363
This is going to be a ridiculously high scoring game. Roughly a point a minute so far


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 176
26 points in the first half!! Reckon the 2nd half will be a cracker, but still think Tipp will come through.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1000
I'm glad Dublin got smashed in the hurling.

Who even plays that sport in the county? Around Terenure all I ever see is kids playing with rugger balls, I've NEVER seen anyone with a hurley stick.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4802
--DD-- wrote:
I'm glad Dublin got smashed in the hurling.

Who even plays that sport in the county? Around Terenure all I ever see is kids playing with rugger balls, I've NEVER seen anyone with a hurley stick.


Dalkey plays hurling. Shows why Terenure is such a kip.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3458
--DD-- wrote:
I'm glad Dublin got smashed in the hurling.

Who even plays that sport in the county? Around Terenure all I ever see is kids playing with rugger balls, I've NEVER seen anyone with a hurley stick.


Actually, saw some lads with hurleys in Terenure a few days ago, well, Crumlin, but there's no real difference.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1000
Leinster in London wrote:
--DD-- wrote:
I'm glad Dublin got smashed in the hurling.

Who even plays that sport in the county? Around Terenure all I ever see is kids playing with rugger balls, I've NEVER seen anyone with a hurley stick.


Ballybrack plays hurling.



Fixed. I know a LOT of middle class professional types in this city, and I can promise you not one of them has ever picked up a Hurley stick in their life.

A sport for rednecks and pikeys


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1000
JoeyFantastic wrote:
--DD-- wrote:
I'm glad Dublin got smashed in the hurling.

Who even plays that sport in the county? Around Terenure all I ever see is kids playing with rugger balls, I've NEVER seen anyone with a hurley stick.


Actually, saw some lads with hurleys in Terenure a few days ago, well, Crumlin, but there's no real difference.


No real difference apart from the single mothers and pregnant teenagers and men with earrings and tattoes and terraced council housing and burnt out cars :?

Crumlin is hell on earth, not surprising hurling is taking root there


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3458
--DD-- wrote:
JoeyFantastic wrote:
--DD-- wrote:
I'm glad Dublin got smashed in the hurling.

Who even plays that sport in the county? Around Terenure all I ever see is kids playing with rugger balls, I've NEVER seen anyone with a hurley stick.


Actually, saw some lads with hurleys in Terenure a few days ago, well, Crumlin, but there's no real difference.


No real difference apart from the single mothers and pregnant teenagers and men with earrings and tattoes and terraced council housing and burnt out cars :?

Crumlin is hell on earth, not surprising hurling is taking root there


I'm sure to you there's a big difference but to a person from outside Terenure/Crumlin, is it even possible to tell them apart?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4802
--DD-- wrote:
Leinster in London wrote:
--DD-- wrote:
I'm glad Dublin got smashed in the hurling.

Who even plays that sport in the county? Around Terenure all I ever see is kids playing with rugger balls, I've NEVER seen anyone with a hurley stick.


Ballybrack plays hurling.



Fixed. I know a LOT of middle class professional types in this city, and I can promise you not one of them has ever picked up a Hurley stick in their life.

A sport for rednecks and pikeys


Seapoint's grounds are in Ballybrack.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1000
JoeyFantastic wrote:
--DD-- wrote:
JoeyFantastic wrote:
--DD-- wrote:
I'm glad Dublin got smashed in the hurling.

Who even plays that sport in the county? Around Terenure all I ever see is kids playing with rugger balls, I've NEVER seen anyone with a hurley stick.


Actually, saw some lads with hurleys in Terenure a few days ago, well, Crumlin, but there's no real difference.


No real difference apart from the single mothers and pregnant teenagers and men with earrings and tattoes and terraced council housing and burnt out cars :?

Crumlin is hell on earth, not surprising hurling is taking root there


I'm sure to you there's a big difference but to a person from outside Terenure/Crumlin, is it even possible to tell them apart?


Next time you're in Terenure take a look in the window of an estate agents, and come back to me and say its no different to Crumlin.

What a preposterous notion. Terenure is a millionaires playground, the Beverley Hills of Dublin.

And there's no GAA anywhere to be seen :smug:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3458
--DD-- wrote:

Next time you're in Terenure take a look in the window of an estate agents, and come back to me and say its no different to Crumlin.

What a preposterous notion. Terenure is a millionaires playground, the Beverley Hills of Dublin.

And there's no GAA anywhere to be seen :smug:


Nice try, as if I'd risk stopping in Terenure.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11854
Excellent performance by Mayo defeating a strong Leitrim team 4-20 to 10 points. Sam's in the bag lads.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19363
Gavin Duffy wrote:
Excellent performance by Mayo defeating a strong Leitrim team 4-20 to 10 points. Sam's in the bag lads.

The Sam for Mayo hype does usually start around this time of the year!

Must have been inspired by Inda's presence.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 176
Some game of hurling, total scoreline of 1-46!!! Some going.

DD you try to hard, but God loves a trier!!

Manure is just a poor man's Dalkey!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:02 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 23211
Location: SOB>Todd
JoeyFantastic wrote:
--DD-- wrote:

Next time you're in Terenure take a look in the window of an estate agents, and come back to me and say its no different to Crumlin.

What a preposterous notion. Terenure is a millionaires playground, the Beverley Hills of Dublin.

And there's no GAA anywhere to be seen :smug:


Nice try, as if I'd risk stopping in Terenure.

:lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9517 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 238  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bessantj, Cabbage, croyals, farmerdave, Floppykid, FravBront, Google Adsense [Bot], Google [Bot], HKCJ, Jeff the Bear, jezzer, johnstrac, Lenny, mdaclarke, Murdoch, ovalball, piquant, quarter2four, redderneck, rugga., SamShark, shereblue, The Native, Working Class Rugger, Yourmother, YOYO and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group