Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 239  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 176
After the rubbish last night in Clones we get some real action this afternoon in Croker.

Two good games on our hand


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6077
Meath were good today. I've played against a few of this squad so am more surprised than most that they're turning out to be half decent...

If they get Reilly, Gilsenan, Bray and O'Rourke back it could be a proper final..

Kildare were shithouse.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6015
TheBouncer wrote:
Meath were good today. I've played against a few of this squad so am more surprised than most that they're turning out to be half decent...

If they get Reilly, Gilsenan, Bray and O'Rourke back it could be a proper final..

Kildare were shithouse.


I really think Kildare are a very very limited group of footballers. They have an excellent coach and they are the best prepared team in the country but in terms of passing and shooting they are way behind the top teams. Meath were excellent today, great intensity and took their scores very well. Should be a good final


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13090
Location: The Gold Coast
The Meath filth will be easily dealt with


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2268
TheBouncer wrote:
Meath were good today. I've played against a few of this squad so am more surprised than most that they're turning out to be half decent...

If they get Reilly, Gilsenan, Bray and O'Rourke back it could be a proper final..

Kildare were shithouse.


2nd time Kildare have tried to play without a midfield. What a load of crap.

Croker was like a morgue today - it was like a league game in February (for both matches)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 36765
lilyw wrote:
TheBouncer wrote:
Meath were good today. I've played against a few of this squad so am more surprised than most that they're turning out to be half decent...

If they get Reilly, Gilsenan, Bray and O'Rourke back it could be a proper final..

Kildare were shithouse.


2nd time Kildare have tried to play without a midfield. What a load of crap.

Croker was like a morgue today - it was like a league game in February (for both matches)

Had the Dublin game on in the backgound, and I do believe the pulling and dragging is getting worse rather than better.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1000
lilyw wrote:
TheBouncer wrote:
Meath were good today. I've played against a few of this squad so am more surprised than most that they're turning out to be half decent...

If they get Reilly, Gilsenan, Bray and O'Rourke back it could be a proper final..

Kildare were shithouse.


2nd time Kildare have tried to play without a midfield. What a load of crap.

Croker was like a morgue today - it was like a league game in February (for both matches)


The steady decline of the GAA continues. :thumbup:

If they wanted to make it half way interesting and competitive, they need to break up the ridiculously unfair, outdated and unbalanced 'inter-county' system.

Where's the challenge in Dublin (population 1 million) taking on tiny famine-ravished counties like Leitrim, Louth and Wexford who only have a handful of farmers to choose from.

The Dubs should romp to victory each and every year given the ridiculous advantages in population resources and finances. The fact that they don't is down to the fact that only malnourished unemployed knackers who are at the very bottom of the genetic spectrum are involved in Dublin GAA.

The GAA need to abolish counties, and bring in franchises, each of which have equal sized catchment areas, and an equal number of clubs feeding into the top side.

Fail to do this, and GAA will go the way of the dodo, and Irish rugger will take advantage.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2268
--DD-- wrote:
lilyw wrote:
TheBouncer wrote:
Meath were good today. I've played against a few of this squad so am more surprised than most that they're turning out to be half decent...

If they get Reilly, Gilsenan, Bray and O'Rourke back it could be a proper final..

Kildare were shithouse.


2nd time Kildare have tried to play without a midfield. What a load of crap.

Croker was like a morgue today - it was like a league game in February (for both matches)


The steady decline of the GAA continues. :thumbup:

If they wanted to make it half way interesting and competitive, they need to break up the ridiculously unfair, outdated and unbalanced 'inter-county' system.

Where's the challenge in Dublin (population 1 million) taking on tiny famine-ravished counties like Leitrim, Louth and Wexford who only have a handful of farmers to choose from.

The Dubs should romp to victory each and every year given the ridiculous advantages in population resources and finances. The fact that they don't is down to the fact that only malnourished unemployed knackers who are at the very bottom of the genetic spectrum are involved in Dublin GAA.

The GAA need to abolish counties, and bring in franchises, each of which have equal sized catchment areas, and an equal number of clubs feeding into the top side.

Fail to do this, and GAA will go the way of the dodo, and Irish rugger will take advantage.


Hi

I was beginning to worry that you'd left the Anti-GAA work to your multis. However you're back and (in the words of Jamie Redknapp) - this is a "top top post".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1000
All irrefutable FACTS.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3554
The support the county system has is bizarre considering it dooms the majority of counties to little or no chance of success. The vast majority of All-Irelands of either codes go to the usual suspects.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7764
JoeyFantastic wrote:
The support the county system has is bizarre considering it dooms the majority of counties to little or no chance of success. The vast majority of All-Irelands of either codes go to the usual suspects.


As is the case with most sporting leagues, Premiership Rugby & Soccer, Pro 12, Top 14, RWC, Soccer WC and Euro chamionships, La Liga.

In nearly all cases, only a small select group are real contenders with the balance making up the numbers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3554
Liathroidigloine wrote:
JoeyFantastic wrote:
The support the county system has is bizarre considering it dooms the majority of counties to little or no chance of success. The vast majority of All-Irelands of either codes go to the usual suspects.


As is the case with most sporting leagues, Premiership Rugby & Soccer, Pro 12, Top 14, RWC, Soccer WC and Euro chamionships, La Liga.

In nearly all cases, only a small select group are real contenders with the balance making up the numbers.


True of pro leagues, but is it true of amateur ones?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4886
While some counties have little chance in the AI, they do have chances in the provincial championships.
In particular Connacht & Ulster (excl last 10 years or so) Football Championships.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1763
lilyw wrote:
TheBouncer wrote:
Meath were good today. I've played against a few of this squad so am more surprised than most that they're turning out to be half decent...

If they get Reilly, Gilsenan, Bray and O'Rourke back it could be a proper final..

Kildare were shithouse.


2nd time Kildare have tried to play without a midfield. What a load of crap.

Croker was like a morgue today - it was like a league game in February (for both matches)

Kildare are up against the mighty Cavan in the qualifiers, if cavan actually had someone who could kick frees kildare would be in big trouble but as they dont, kildare will romp home.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 176
Witchfinder General wrote:
lilyw wrote:
TheBouncer wrote:
Meath were good today. I've played against a few of this squad so am more surprised than most that they're turning out to be half decent...

If they get Reilly, Gilsenan, Bray and O'Rourke back it could be a proper final..

Kildare were shithouse.


2nd time Kildare have tried to play without a midfield. What a load of crap.

Croker was like a morgue today - it was like a league game in February (for both matches)

Kildare are up against the mighty Cavan in the qualifiers, if cavan actually had someone who could kick frees kildare would be in big trouble but as they dont, kildare will romp home.


They have.... put he is on the Kildare panel :P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1763
witnof wrote:
Witchfinder General wrote:
lilyw wrote:
TheBouncer wrote:
Meath were good today. I've played against a few of this squad so am more surprised than most that they're turning out to be half decent...

If they get Reilly, Gilsenan, Bray and O'Rourke back it could be a proper final..

Kildare were shithouse.


2nd time Kildare have tried to play without a midfield. What a load of crap.

Croker was like a morgue today - it was like a league game in February (for both matches)

Kildare are up against the mighty Cavan in the qualifiers, if cavan actually had someone who could kick frees kildare would be in big trouble but as they dont, kildare will romp home.


They have.... put he is on the Kildare panel :P

Shhh Dont mention the war, someone in the GAA has a very dark sense of humour.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 862
Witchfinder General wrote:
witnof wrote:
Witchfinder General wrote:
lilyw wrote:
TheBouncer wrote:
Meath were good today. I've played against a few of this squad so am more surprised than most that they're turning out to be half decent...

If they get Reilly, Gilsenan, Bray and O'Rourke back it could be a proper final..

Kildare were shithouse.


2nd time Kildare have tried to play without a midfield. What a load of crap.

Croker was like a morgue today - it was like a league game in February (for both matches)

Kildare are up against the mighty Cavan in the qualifiers, if cavan actually had someone who could kick frees kildare would be in big trouble but as they dont, kildare will romp home.


They have.... put he is on the Kildare panel :P

Shhh Dont mention the war, someone in the GAA has a very dark sense of humour.


Was dead set to happen when both of them were in the draw really. Going to be interesting to see if he makes it onto the pitch during the game, he will be getting some abuse from the stands anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1763
It would certainly be a uncomfortable afternoon for him in breifne park.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 102
Malahide Mullet wrote:
The Meath filth will be easily dealt with


:roll:

Mullet loves Meath time again!!! ;) ;) ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13090
Location: The Gold Coast
ellebelle wrote:
Malahide Mullet wrote:
The Meath filth will be easily dealt with


:roll:

Mullet loves Meath time again!!! ;) ;) ;)



You people should be nuked


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 563
Malahide Mullet wrote:
ellebelle wrote:
Malahide Mullet wrote:
The Meath filth will be easily dealt with


:roll:

Mullet loves Meath time again!!! ;) ;) ;)



You people should be nuked


Not enough suffering for my liking


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13090
Location: The Gold Coast
With a hammer


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19606
Anyone give me a breakdown of the weekends games?
I know that Roscommon beat Armagh cause the auld lad was at it and that Donegal and the Dubs won


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35648
Location: Dublin
Qualifiers:

Rossies beat Armagh. Came from behind to deservedly win by 2-3 points (can't remember exact score)

Westmeath lucky to beat Louth who were missing 3/4s of their 1st team and struggled to beat 13 men by 6 in the end

Cavan came from 8 points down to Fermanagh to win comfortably

Wicklow beat Waterford in extra time

Longford knocked out the worst Derry team in years

Tipp beat Offaly who are now on a real downer

Antrim lucky to beat London

Laois beat Carlow in a shite game. Luke Dempsey stepped down.

Ulster:

Donegal impressive against Tyrone and out Tyroned Tyrone. Still poxy to watch but going to be really hard to stop as they concede feck all.

Leinster

Dublin played shite but won. Wexford played well but missed too much in the 2nd half.

Meath were class and looked really up for it against Kildare. Good direct football and they had the forwards with craft. Kildare are basically a machine with no forwards. They don't have the natural footballers like Meath do. Sending off didn't help but I think Meath were a better team and would have won regardless.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6015
Meath restored my faith in football a little yesterday, they were a joy to watch. High tempo football with forwards who can beat their man and take their scores is how the game should be played. Ive believed all along that Kildare are a manufactured side who will never make it to the next level. A credit to their manager no doubt, but they don't have the footballers to ever win anything. They're incapable of changing their game plan either as they cant pass the ball further than 10 yards and don't have the crafty forwards to beat their man or score from far out[apart from Johnny Doyle]. Sure they look great when theyre hammering the likes of Offaly and Laois who are athletically inferior but this can only carry them so far. Looking forward to the reception Seanie Johnston gets if he features in the Cavan match :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2268
Conspicuous wrote:
Meath restored my faith in football a little yesterday, they were a joy to watch. High tempo football with forwards who can beat their man and take their scores is how the game should be played. Ive believed all along that Kildare are a manufactured side who will never make it to the next level. A credit to their manager no doubt, but they don't have the footballers to ever win anything. They're incapable of changing their game plan either as they cant pass the ball further than 10 yards and don't have the crafty forwards to beat their man or score from far out[apart from Johnny Doyle]. Sure they look great when theyre hammering the likes of Offaly and Laois who are athletically inferior but this can only carry them so far. Looking forward to the reception Seanie Johnston gets if he features in the Cavan match :lol:


That's complete b******ks.

Kildare can absolutely score from far-out (2 years ago RTE were getting onto them for not working the ball inside before taking shots) - we don't have good inside scorers, especially since Kavanagh lost his mojo (that's what living in Galway does to you!). In particular Eoghan O'Flaherty is a really good long-distance shooter. Kildare had a very bad day at the office yesterday (Mikey Conway seemed to want to be anywhere other than in Croker, the midfield decided to take the day off, & Johnny Doyle got old in a flash) - however that follows 5 successive defeats of Meath.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6015
lilyw wrote:
Conspicuous wrote:
Meath restored my faith in football a little yesterday, they were a joy to watch. High tempo football with forwards who can beat their man and take their scores is how the game should be played. Ive believed all along that Kildare are a manufactured side who will never make it to the next level. A credit to their manager no doubt, but they don't have the footballers to ever win anything. They're incapable of changing their game plan either as they cant pass the ball further than 10 yards and don't have the crafty forwards to beat their man or score from far out[apart from Johnny Doyle]. Sure they look great when theyre hammering the likes of Offaly and Laois who are athletically inferior but this can only carry them so far. Looking forward to the reception Seanie Johnston gets if he features in the Cavan match :lol:


That's complete b******ks.

Kildare can absolutely score from far-out (2 years ago RTE were getting onto them for not working the ball inside before taking shots) - we don't have good inside scorers, especially since Kavanagh lost his mojo (that's what living in Galway does to you!). In particular Eoghan O'Flaherty is a really good long-distance shooter. Kildare had a very bad day at the office yesterday (Mikey Conway seemed to want to be anywhere other than in Croker, the midfield decided to take the day off, & Johnny Doyle got old in a flash) - however that follows 5 successive defeats of Meath.


Its not bollox at all. Kildare score points from far out but also have a huge amount of wides when shooting from distance. If they had some footballers closer to goal this wouldnt be such an issue. Theyre incapable of passing the ball more than 10 yards though so cant adopt to a more direct gameplan when the need arises. This was evidenced in the Donegal match last year when Kildare were being closed down by the opposition they didnt know what to do. All the football was played by Meath yesterday, they were a breath of fresh air. I think McGeeney has taken Kildare as far as he can.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2268
Conspicuous wrote:
I think McGeeney has taken Kildare as far as he can.


I agree with you there. I think he'll be off to Armagh as soon as we get knocked out.

Glenn Ryan next cab off the rank.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6015
lilyw wrote:
Conspicuous wrote:
I think McGeeney has taken Kildare as far as he can.


I agree with you there. I think he'll be off to Armagh as soon as we get knocked out.

Glenn Ryan next cab off the rank.


I always like Ryan as a player, very commited and had the brains to play centre back. He seems to be bringing these qualities into management and would offer something different to McGeeney


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:01 pm
Posts: 9215
Location: Donegal
iarmhiman wrote:
Qualifiers:

Rossies beat Armagh. Came from behind to deservedly win by 2-3 points (can't remember exact score)

Westmeath lucky to beat Louth who were missing 3/4s of their 1st team and struggled to beat 13 men by 6 in the end

Cavan came from 8 points down to Fermanagh to win comfortably

Wicklow beat Waterford in extra time

Longford knocked out the worst Derry team in years

Tipp beat Offaly who are now on a real downer

Antrim lucky to beat London

Laois beat Carlow in a shite game. Luke Dempsey stepped down.

Ulster:

Donegal impressive against Tyrone and out Tyroned Tyrone. Still poxy to watch but going to be really hard to stop as they concede feck all.

Leinster

Dublin played shite but won. Wexford played well but missed too much in the 2nd half.

Meath were class and looked really up for it against Kildare. Good direct football and they had the forwards with craft. Kildare are basically a machine with no forwards. They don't have the natural footballers like Meath do. Sending off didn't help but I think Meath were a better team and would have won regardless.


Donegal V Tyrone looked like two teams trying to play the same way in the first half canceling each other out. In the second Donegal started pressing higher up and were in control about halfway through the 2nd half. Tyrone looked a bit more skillful but Donegal were maybe a bit fitter. They ran up a good lead but sat back for the last 7/8 minutes. I know McGuinness was not happy about that.

You are right it is tough to watch but Donegal have used their backs on the counter better this year.
We have some ok forwards. It's all about out working the opposition.

I'm not sure we can go all they way.
However if they win the Ulster Final they will be the first side to come through the qualifier to win it twice in a row.
Why the Ulster champions had to play the qualifier this year I don't know.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6015
SASP wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Qualifiers:

Rossies beat Armagh. Came from behind to deservedly win by 2-3 points (can't remember exact score)

Westmeath lucky to beat Louth who were missing 3/4s of their 1st team and struggled to beat 13 men by 6 in the end

Cavan came from 8 points down to Fermanagh to win comfortably

Wicklow beat Waterford in extra time

Longford knocked out the worst Derry team in years

Tipp beat Offaly who are now on a real downer

Antrim lucky to beat London

Laois beat Carlow in a shite game. Luke Dempsey stepped down.

Ulster:

Donegal impressive against Tyrone and out Tyroned Tyrone. Still poxy to watch but going to be really hard to stop as they concede feck all.

Leinster

Dublin played shite but won. Wexford played well but missed too much in the 2nd half.

Meath were class and looked really up for it against Kildare. Good direct football and they had the forwards with craft. Kildare are basically a machine with no forwards. They don't have the natural footballers like Meath do. Sending off didn't help but I think Meath were a better team and would have won regardless.


Donegal V Tyrone looked like two teams trying to play the same way in the first half canceling each other out. In the second Donegal started pressing higher up and were in control about halfway through the 2nd half. Tyrone looked a bit more skillful but Donegal were maybe a bit fitter. They ran up a good lead but sat back for the last 7/8 minutes. I know McGuinness was not happy about that.

You are right it is tough to watch but Donegal have used their backs on the counter better this year.
We have some ok forwards. It's all about out working the opposition.

I'm not sure we can go all they way.
However if they win the Ulster Final they will be the first side to come through the qualifier to win it twice in a row.
Why the Ulster champions had to play the qualifier this year I don't know.


Punishment for playing puke football last year [even by Ulster stanndards] ;) Seriously though, isnt it just luck of the draw who plays in the preliminary round ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16419
Kerry got a tough qualifier against Westmeath, hope we keep it competitive.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:01 pm
Posts: 9215
Location: Donegal
Conspicuous wrote:
SASP wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Qualifiers:

Rossies beat Armagh. Came from behind to deservedly win by 2-3 points (can't remember exact score)

Westmeath lucky to beat Louth who were missing 3/4s of their 1st team and struggled to beat 13 men by 6 in the end

Cavan came from 8 points down to Fermanagh to win comfortably

Wicklow beat Waterford in extra time

Longford knocked out the worst Derry team in years

Tipp beat Offaly who are now on a real downer

Antrim lucky to beat London

Laois beat Carlow in a shite game. Luke Dempsey stepped down.

Ulster:

Donegal impressive against Tyrone and out Tyroned Tyrone. Still poxy to watch but going to be really hard to stop as they concede feck all.

Leinster

Dublin played shite but won. Wexford played well but missed too much in the 2nd half.

Meath were class and looked really up for it against Kildare. Good direct football and they had the forwards with craft. Kildare are basically a machine with no forwards. They don't have the natural footballers like Meath do. Sending off didn't help but I think Meath were a better team and would have won regardless.


Donegal V Tyrone looked like two teams trying to play the same way in the first half canceling each other out. In the second Donegal started pressing higher up and were in control about halfway through the 2nd half. Tyrone looked a bit more skillful but Donegal were maybe a bit fitter. They ran up a good lead but sat back for the last 7/8 minutes. I know McGuinness was not happy about that.

You are right it is tough to watch but Donegal have used their backs on the counter better this year.
We have some ok forwards. It's all about out working the opposition.

I'm not sure we can go all they way.
However if they win the Ulster Final they will be the first side to come through the qualifier to win it twice in a row.
Why the Ulster champions had to play the qualifier this year I don't know.


Punishment for playing puke football last year [even by Ulster stanndards] ;) Seriously though, isnt it just luck of the draw who plays in the preliminary round ?


So it would seem. Hasn't stopped us though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 862
ZappaMan wrote:
Kerry got a tough qualifier against Westmeath, hope we keep it competitive.


It f*cking starts. :x

Kerry will win it handily.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16419
piaras wrote:
ZappaMan wrote:
Kerry got a tough qualifier against Westmeath, hope we keep it competitive.


It f*cking starts. :x

Kerry will win it handily.

In 125 years of Championship football, Kerry have never once beaten Westmeath. The facts don't lie, piaras.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 862
ZappaMan wrote:
piaras wrote:
ZappaMan wrote:
Kerry got a tough qualifier against Westmeath, hope we keep it competitive.


It f*cking starts. :x

Kerry will win it handily.

In 125 years of Championship football, Kerry have never once beaten Westmeath. The facts don't lie, piaras.


You f*cker Zappa, that is well played though. Nothing to do with the fact that Westmeath won their first provinicial senior title in either code back in 2004 or so. (Bonus question name the two counties that have never won senior provinicial titles).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16419
Fermanagh and Wicklow.

*knocks it out of the park*


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 862
ZappaMan wrote:
Fermanagh and Wicklow.

*knocks it out of the park*


Good man.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 176
Cavan v Kildare is the match of the round without question. They have to play Seanie for the crack, name him in the starting 15....the crowds that would turn up!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13090
Location: The Gold Coast
Look at you smaller counties talking yourselves up!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 239  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CarrotGawks, Google Adsense [Bot], LandOTurk, Laszlo, mr bungle, Mr Mike, Pat the Ex Mat, thor, UncleFB, Winnie, Zakar and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group