Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 239  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:46 pm 

witnof wrote:
Dubs take another U/21 title

Dublin, population 1 million, triumphing against underpopulated famine blighted counties like Leitrim Carlow and Louth. :?

Well done! You should EASILY win every tournament at every level EVERY YEAR. The fact that you took 25 years before winning the GAA tournament last year was beyond PATHETIC.

You are the equivalent of the England soccer team, and you have the fans to match.

Knackers to a man.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:58 pm 

--DD-- wrote:
witnof wrote:
Dubs take another U/21 title

Dublin, population 1 million, triumphing against underpopulated famine blighted counties like Leitrim Carlow and Louth. :?

Well done! You should EASILY win every tournament at every level EVERY YEAR. The fact that you took 25 years before winning the GAA tournament last year was beyond PATHETIC.

You are the equivalent of the England soccer team, and you have the fans to match.

Knackers to a man.

Good to see you're such a keen follower of the GAA

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:48 pm 

Impressive win for Galway!!!

Longford beating Laois shows how far Laois have fallen!!

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:17 pm 

:yawn:

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:13 pm 

--DD-- wrote:
:yawn:

You've become a GAA expert DD , you probably a die-hard at heart!!

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:19 pm 

This thread just proves how irrelevant GAA is nowadays. Witnof talking to himself.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:22 pm 

Hello, Witnof.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:23 pm 

ZappaMan wrote:
Hello, Witnof.

Still pretending to care about GAA I see Zappa. Being a 'man of the people' takes such effort. :(( ;)

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:40 pm 

Turenne wrote:
This thread just proves how irrelevant GAA is nowadays. Witnof talking to himself.

Not at all - he's got you/DD/cabbage to talk to. He'll never be alone.

On another note - my local team preserved our Intermediate status for another year by beating our nearest & dearest rivals on Friday night (made all the sweeter because we have only just come back up from Junior & they have dropped down from Senior). It really doesn't matter now whether we win another match - we can concentrate on supporting Kildare to win Sam.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:48 pm 

Galway looked good yesterday but Roscommon were f**king hopeless. At home in the Hyde in front of 12,000 and they went down without a fight. Very poor

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:53 pm 

Westmeath beaten by a point by Louth in injury time.

On a brighter note Westmeath knocked Antrim out of the Leinster hurling championship. That will probably be the shock of the summer.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:56 pm 

lilyw wrote:
Turenne wrote:

On another note - my local team preserved our Intermediate status for another year by beating our nearest & dearest rivals on Friday night (made all the sweeter because we have only just come back up from Junior & they have dropped down from Senior). It really doesn't matter now whether we win another match - we can concentrate on supporting Kildare to win Sam.

Are you a Caragh man?

What's the story with Caragh and Raheens. If you're from Caragh village do you play for Raheens?

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:56 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:

On a brighter note Westmeath knocked Antrim out of the Leinster hurling championship. That will probably be the shock of the summer.

That was a great victory, you will probably get hammered by Galway but still a great result for Westmeath none the less.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:02 pm 

Wolfe Tone wrote:
lilyw wrote:
Turenne wrote:

Are you a Caragh man?

What's the story with Caragh and Raheens. If you're from Caragh village do you play for Raheens?

Yes - Caragh GFC is from Prosperous & environs; Raheens is from Caragh village. (The confusion is because both villages used to be in the parish of Caragh & the parish team was initially based in Prosperous. As usual there was a split.)

For many years though Caragh were a junior club & Raheens senior; good players from Prosperous would often transfer to Raheens to have a chance at playing inter-county - most famously Pat Dunney.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:04 pm 

Kerry out on Sunday against Tipp. I didn't track the league that closely but I'm told we've unearthed a couple of good 'uns this season.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:11 pm 

lilyw wrote:
Wolfe Tone wrote:
lilyw wrote:
Turenne wrote:

Are you a Caragh man?

Yes - Caragh GFC is from Prosperous & environs; Raheens is from Caragh village. (The confusion is because both villages used to be in the parish of Caragh & the parish team was initially based in Prosperous. As usual there was a split.)

For many years though Caragh were a junior club & Raheens senior; good players from Prosperous would often transfer to Raheens to have a chance at playing inter-county - most famously Pat Dunney.

Cheers that always confused me. It seems to me you should rename your club to be Prosperous and Raheens should rename theirs to be Caragh. :P

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:15 pm 

It's looking like a Kildare/Dub Leinster final this year. I fancy Kildare to win the All Ireland this year.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:17 pm 

piaras wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

That was a great victory, you will probably get hammered by Galway but still a great result for Westmeath none the less.

More than likely will get hammered by Galway. We nearly beat Galway last year but they were particularly shite then. Dubs v Kilkenny in Portlaoise in June should be a belter. Leinster hurling championship way better than the football championship now.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:19 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:

It wasn't that much of a shock, Antrim have a habit of playing shite against 'lesser' counties and Westmeath hurling is on the up. Westmeath had two 17 year olds playing btw.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:20 pm 

Turenne wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

It wasn't that much of a shock, Antrim have a habit of playing shite against 'lesser' counties and Westmeath hurling is on the up. Westmeath had two 17 year olds playing btw.

:lol:

I love the casualness with which you re-enter the GAA conversation!

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:21 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
It's looking like a Kildare/Dub Leinster final this year. I fancy Kildare to win the All Ireland this year.

I think that we'll win Leinster, but I can then see us getting ambushed in the quarter-finals (probably get the loser of Cork/Kerry!)

I reckon that it's Cork or Dublin again this year - I think this Kerry team is done for.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:21 pm 

Turenne wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

You guys playing the winners of Tipp/Limerick? I predict a Cork v Clare Munster final in Thurles.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:24 pm 

lilyw wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

I think that we'll win Leinster, but I can then see us getting ambushed in the quarter-finals (probably get the loser of Cork/Kerry!)

I reckon that it's Cork or Dublin again this year - I think this Kerry team is done for.

You're probably right.

Will this drought never end :(

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:29 pm 

lilyw wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

They're not gone by any matter of means. The all Ireland final I would like in football would be Kildare v Mayo as we would have a new champion. In hurling I would like either Dublin or Galway to win it.

I was watching some highlights and I can see Donegal are still playing that poxy handpassing game with 13 players behind the ball. The sonner they're gone the better.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:31 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
Turenne wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

You guys playing the winners of Tipp/Limerick? I predict a Cork v Clare Munster final in Thurles.

Too many people writing off Tipp. Not so sure they will not take Munster again.

Leinster, can't wait for the Dublin v KK match (beating Laois is a foregone conclusion...or should be). Think it will be tighter than most people believe.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:33 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
Turenne wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

You guys playing the winners of Tipp/Limerick?

Yes, both would be in Cork. Tipp will beat Limerick by 8-10 points, not sure how we'll do against them, all depends on how we react after the KK hammering and how seriously Tipp take Munster. Really hard to gauge how things are going in both 'camps' right now.

I would have fancied Waterford to beat Clare but they have way too many injuries by this stage, plus their manager is useless. A Cork/Clare final would be pretty poor, neither team is going to be really competitive for another couple of years. I'd half fancy Clare to win that as its clear Cork struggle against physical aggressive teams, mediocre though Clare are. A Tipp/Clare Munster final would be more interesting and entertaining although I'd fancy a Tipp win by a few points.

Unfortunately KK are going to walk the AI this year, no problem.

Football would be more 'interesting' if it wasn't such an awful sport.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:40 pm 

witnof wrote:

When Glenn Ryan managed the Kildare U-21s he was really highly rated. McGeeney wasn't long in the senior job though so there was no room for him inside the county - at the time the word from players who were on both panels was that the U-21 training was better.

I'm glad that he has continued to progress in Longford - & we look forward to having him back in a few years' time.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:45 pm 

lilyw wrote:
witnof wrote:

When Glenn Ryan managed the Kildare U-21s he was really highly rated. McGeeney wasn't long in the senior job though so there was no room for him inside the county - at the time the word from players who were on both panels was that the U-21 training was better.

I'm glad that he has continued to progress in Longford - & we look forward to having him back in a few years' time.

How long until Armagh come knocking on the door for McGeeney?

Football predictions:

Leinster: Kildare
Munster: Cork
Connacht: Mayo
Ulster: Tyrone

All Ireland: Kildare/Dublin

Hurling Predictions:

Leinster: Galway ( funny feeling they are going to ambush either Kilkenny or Dublin in Leinster final)
Munster: Cork

All Ireland: Kilkenny

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:28 pm 

And just for DD the hurling kicks off tomorrow with a Tipp/Limerick clash that I think will be close despite the wise opinions of the pundits. Reckon Tipp will still retain Munster even with Cork been talked up.

And would love to see Meath lose to Wickla :P

Leinster SFC first round
Meath v Wicklow, Dr Cullen Park, 3.30pm

Ulster SFC quarter-final
Monaghan v Antrim, Clones, 3.30pm

Munster SFC quarter-final
Tipperary v Kerry, Semple Stadium, 2pm

Munster SHC quarter-final
Tipperary v Limerick, Semple Stadium, 4pm

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:32 pm 

Kildare don't have a f**king hope in winning the AI.Semi at best.They just don't have the quality.

Ditto Mayo and I don't fancy Dublin.

Cork for me.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:03 pm 

Some game in Thurles. Limerick ran out of steam, but gave a great account of themselves.

Unfortunately the Filth got by Wicklow!

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:13 pm 

Don't you get bored of pretending GAA matters Witnof?
The obsession by Insular boggers who've never been out of the country is somewhat understanding, they don't care about proving themselves on the international stage and so meaningless local rivalries are sufficient. We all know on here it's about being top dog on the WORLD stage so you're only wasting your time trying convince others Tip and Kilkenny matter a shit.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:36 pm 

Cabbage wrote:
Don't you get bored of pretending GAA matters Witnof?
The obsession by Insular boggers who've never been out of the country is somewhat understanding, they don't care about proving themselves on the international stage and so meaningless local rivalries are sufficient. We all know on here it's about being top dog on the WORLD stage so you're only wasting your time trying convince others Tip and Kilkenny matter a shit.

The difference Cabbage between you and me is that I have lived, worked and run companies in 3 continents! And yet have never come cross a sport that can beat a hurling match. Added to this, the parochial nature of the game , that is GAA, (i.e. no mercenaries) adds only to the commitment.

You stick to your Elite sports, who bottled it today. Give me rugby in France any day. Real people, real passion, and real fun!! Not the shite you get in Ireland!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:37 pm 

Only seen results so cant comment too much, but seems like an exact repeat of the Waterford game last year for Limerick.

I dont buy into the Tipp hype at all, they dont have any ball winners in half forward line. I think Cork will win Munster.
My Clare should give a good account of themselves.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:50 pm 

Banana Man wrote:
Only seen results so cant comment too much, but seems like an exact repeat of the Waterford game last year for Limerick.

I dont buy into the Tipp hype at all, they dont have any ball winners in half forward line. I think Cork will win Munster.

Tipp have the talent but lack the drive to match KK. Cats at a canter again this year unfortunately. Starting to get a bit boring.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:56 pm 

Boxcar Ira wrote:
Banana Man wrote:

Tipp have the talent but lack the drive to match KK. Cats at a canter again this year unfortunately. Starting to get a bit boring.

How many Tipp players would make the Kilkenney team for instance, ignoring goalie as generally KK goalies have nothing to do.
Padric Maher and a fit Lar, Noel McGrath at a push. Says it all.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:00 pm 

Tipp have really gone back since 2010. However, that year they lost the first round by a shit load to us. They'll get their act together yet. It's a long way until septemeber. KK are the clear favourites but could be caught out on any given day.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:05 pm 

apurelegend wrote:
Tipp have really gone back since 2010. However, that year they lost the first round by a shit load to us. They'll get their act together yet. It's a long way until septemeber. KK are the clear favourites but could be caught out on any given day.

But they had Liam Sheedy over them that season, who was a very astute manager.

Declan Ryan seems to lack tactical nous.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:05 pm 

Banana Man wrote:
Boxcar Ira wrote:
Banana Man wrote:

How many Tipp players would make the Kilkenney team for instance, ignoring goalie as generally KK goalies have nothing to do.

I dunno if I agree with that. And even if you're right, I definitely dont think it' down to a lack of talent anyway.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:06 pm 

Banana Man wrote:
Boxcar Ira wrote:
Banana Man wrote:

Brendan Maher at midfield would.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 239  Next