Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9517 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229 ... 238  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:11 pm 

Exactly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:25 pm 

It really is hard to comprehend how small Mullinalaghta is but they have produced really good footballers. These lads are no lucky mugs. The squad is laced with inter county footballers and Fox has really impressed any time I saw him play last year. Couple of their lads played some underage rugby too.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:32 pm 

Liathroidigloine wrote:
It really is hard to comprehend how small Mullinalaghta is but they have produced really good footballers. These lads are no lucky mugs. The squad is laced with inter county footballers and Fox has really impressed any time I saw him play last year. Couple of their lads played some underage rugby too.

Don't their underage amalgamate with Abbeylara and play in green and black?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:33 pm 

God it would be some session up there this week.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:34 pm 

Banana Man wrote:

Their local village is Gowna in Cavan who themselves used to be a powerhouse in the Cavan championship.

Granard would be close to them as well but that place is an awful shithole.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:40 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:

Don't their underage amalgamate with Abbeylara and play in green and black?

They often do. They have had good success in recent years.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:40 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
Banana Man wrote:

Their local village is Gowna in Cavan who themselves used to be a powerhouse in the Cavan championship.

Think I played a game in Gowna GAA club once, lad in my home club was from there. At like u14

Is it between two lakes?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:41 pm 

Reminiscent of Caltra's success back in 2004.

Phenomenal stuff, really.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:42 pm 

ZappaMan wrote:
Reminiscent of Caltra's success back in 2004.

Phenomenal stuff, really.

Even better, Caltra had the Meehans , who had all won All irelands

Its amazing.

Last edited by Banana Man on Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:42 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
Banana Man wrote:

Granard is like an oasis compared to Edgeworthstown. It's actually improved a good bit in recent years. The large family that caused lot's of trouble have either grown up or moved on.

Gowna are still strong. We'd have a history of getting lads in to play rugby from Gowna and Arva.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:48 pm 

Banana Man wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Banana Man wrote:

Think I played a game in Gowna GAA club once, lad in my home club was from there. At like u14

Is it between two lakes?

Yep, beautiful part of the world. Mull are based right beside Derrycassin Wood which is lovely place to go for a walk.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:03 pm 

Liathroidigloine wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Banana Man wrote:

Is it between two lakes?

Yep, beautiful part of the world. Mull are based right beside Derrycassin Wood which is lovely place to go for a walk.

My dad is from Cloncovet right beside Mullinalaghta but on the Cavan side so he was in the Mullahoran parish and his team and my mam's team are Mullahoran who had players like Damien O'Reilly play for Cavan. Gowna are Mullahoran's bitter rivals.

I remember going to a Cavan county final years ago when I was a child and Gowna had Dermot McCabe and Bernard Morris playing for them. They were a hell of a side. Needless to say Gowna destroyed them.

That part of the country produces briliant footballers, all in the diocese of Ardagh-Clonmacnoise . St Mels in Longford always good footballers from there.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:12 pm 

Liathroidigloine wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Banana Man wrote:

Granard is like an oasis compared to Edgeworthstown. It's actually improved a good bit in recent years. The large family that caused lot's of trouble have either grown up or moved on.

Gowna are still strong. We'd have a history of getting lads in to play rugby from Gowna and Arva.

Edgeworthstown is the weirdest town in the Midlands. Its one street surrounded by dozens of housing estates :lol:

If Mullinalaghta can win it, no reason Legan can't get back in the Senior Championship and win it too :P

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:12 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Banana Man wrote:

Is it between two lakes?

My dad is from Cloncovet right beside Mullinalaghta but on the Cavan side so he was in the Mullahoran parish and his team and my mam's team are Mullahoran who had players like Damien O'Reilly play for Cavan. Gowna are Mullahoran's bitter rivals.

I remember going to a Cavan county final years ago when I was a child and Gowna had Dermot McCabe and Bernard Morris playing for them. They were a hell of a side. Needless to say Gowna destroyed them.

That part of the country produces briliant footballers, all in the diocese of Ardagh-Clonmacnoise . St Mels in Longford always good footballers from there.

Mels were to football what Blackrock were to rugby but the closing of the boarding section finished that. We used get lads from all over to Mels as it really was a nursery for footballers. Mels have won more rugby trophies than football in recent years!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:00 pm 

Liathroidigloine wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

Mels were to football what Blackrock were to rugby but the closing of the boarding section finished that. We used get lads from all over to Mels as it really was a nursery for footballers. Mels have won more rugby trophies than football in recent years!

Looked it up there

Jarlaths have most All irelands with 12 - didn't realise they had that many

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogan_Cup

The hurling one is much more stacked with Kierans winning so many, and my schools Flannans in 2nd. The end of boarding has messed up flannans too

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Croke_Cup

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:38 pm 

Cork county board somehow went another 25 million over budget on Pairc Ui Chaoimh! Utter shambles

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:55 pm 

DragonKhan wrote:
Cork county board somehow went another 25 million over budget on Pairc Ui Chaoimh! Utter shambles

Frank Murphy will somehow spin this to his favour- "I'll need another few years in the job to figure out a way to make back the money I've lost." The KK prick has really done a job on us......

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:20 pm 

ruckinhell wrote:
DragonKhan wrote:

Frank Murphy will somehow spin this to his favour- "I'll need another few years in the job to figure out a way to make back the money I've lost." The KK prick has really done a job on us......

Frank is gone since earlier this year fortunately

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:22 pm 

Munster hurling final in cork so this year. They’re missing out on the big payday of home with limerick. Tipp n Waterford won’t bring the same numbers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:25 pm 

DragonKhan wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Banana Man wrote:

Edgeworthstown is the weirdest town in the Midlands. Its one street surrounded by dozens of housing estates :lol:

If Mullinalaghta can win it, no reason Legan can't get back in the Senior Championship and win it too :P

The girls from Granard were great craic at junior discos in the Carraig Springs years ago! The things they'd let you do compared to the girls form other places!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:35 pm 

Salix wrote:
DragonKhan wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Banana Man wrote:

The girls from Granard were great craic at junior discos in the Carraig Springs years ago! The things they'd let you do compared to the girls form other places!

:blush: :blush: :blush:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:46 pm 

Boxcar Ira wrote:
ruckinhell wrote:
DragonKhan wrote:

Frank is gone since earlier this year fortunately

Don't think he's gone yet though his successor has been appointed- til that fucker is 6 feet under I'd assume nothing regarding the damage he could still do to Cork GAA.

https://www.the42.ie/frank-murphy-cork-gaa-secretary-4385471-Dec2018/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:00 pm 

DragonKhan wrote:

I'd surprised, actually amazed, if it wasn't a lot more than that. Piss up in a brewery... a more useless shower of bastards I've not seen.

GAA leadership also have to hold their hand up here and take some blame. Letting those numpties run a project of this size was never going to work and considering the amount of money put it was actually irresponsible to not have significant oversight. A complete farce from start to finish.

The pitch there is an absolute shambles also and been higlighted by McKenna. I could bore you to death with horror stories over that, the lights, electrical... but I'd prefer to just close my eyes lalalalala.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:21 am 

Culchies in unable to run their own affairs shocker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:38 am 

RTE becoming GAA channel, meanwhile rugby nowhere to be seen.

Quote:

RTÉ will broadcast live Allianz League and club championship matches for the next three years.

The GAA this morning announced an agreement with RTÉ and eir sport, which will see Allianz League games simulcast by the two broadcasters this spring, while RTÉ will also show live games from the AIB Club Championships.

Complimenting the 31 live Championship games to be broadcast this summer, today's announcement means the national broadcaster has extended its live televised GAA coverage to nine months of the year.

The new agreement runs from 2019 until 2022 and will see the national broadcaster televise live matches from the GAA's three premier national competitions.

RTÉ will simulcast four of eir sport's Saturday Allianz League games under lights, with RTÉ bringing its own style and expertise to the coverage, along with the top class editorial, presentation and punditry teams that have made The Sunday Game the home of televised GAA every summer.

The weekly Allianz League Sunday highlights show also returns, with the first episode on 27 January.

RTÉ's live club championship matches will consist of two matches each weekend, from September through November. Running alongside TG4's existing coverage, RTÉ will select their own two matches separate from the Irish language broadcaster's choices.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:01 am 

Ryan: GAA felt bullied into hosting Liam Miller match

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2019/0130/ ... t-bullied/

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:10 am 

So lads, the Dubs year.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:17 am 

irishrugbyua wrote:

Dinosaur talk. What a clown. Gaa blinked coz the general public rightly reminded them how much tax payers money was handed over. And they lost the propaganda war on “foreign sports” more than a few years ago.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:14 pm 

Hilarious how the GAA forget the 30 million of public funding plowed into Pairc Ui Chaoimh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:01 pm 

Lazy Couch potato wrote:
irishrugbyua wrote:

Dinosaur talk. What a clown. Gaa blinked coz the general public rightly reminded them how much tax payers money was handed over. And they lost the propaganda war on “foreign sports” more than a few years ago.

"Rushed" into making a decision.
Sure they've had 12 years since croke park to do something about it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:04 pm 

YEEEEEEEOOOOOOOO.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:27 pm 

Gavin Out

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 11:18 am 

Eugene McGee RIP

Managed Offaly to that famous All Ireland denying Kerry the 5 in a row.

A Longford man.Did you know him Liathroid?

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:36 pm 

That time of year again. Clare v Waterford. Conlon, O donnell, kelly, running riot.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:39 pm 

rageagainstthemachine wrote:
That time of year again. Clare v Waterford. Conlon, O donnell, kelly, running riot.

My money is on Clare this year. They've been fairly close recently and one team that seems to have Limericks number.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:46 pm 

In the words of Ben Brogan to me two weeks ago "Dublin five in a row is nailed on".
I think it's a given. Can't see any other team out there.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:48 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
Eugene McGee RIP

Managed Offaly to that famous All Ireland denying Kerry the 5 in a row.

A Longford man.Did you know him Liathroid?

Always like listening to McGee's analysis.

R.I.P.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:49 pm 

Yeah have a few quid on them myself.
Waterford need to get glesson in the game.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:54 pm 

Clare very sharp in that 1st half. Waterford looking flat

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 3:19 pm 

O' Donnell has some skill. Can do something even with 2 or 3 defenders around him.
Clare dying in this half.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9517 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229 ... 238  Next