Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9517 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233 ... 238  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:43 pm 

As good a limerick performance as I’ve ever been to. Expected a much bigger fight from Clare tbh. Our half forward line won too much clean possession. Kudos to Finn hannon and o loughlin especially.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:48 am 

Liathroidigloine wrote:
Come on the county. Take that Carlow.

And we have home advantage against Tyrone now. We can take em 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:25 am 

Funny that RTE went almost exclusively for Hurling this year and most of the televised games have been muck.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:47 am 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Funny that RTE went almost exclusively for Hurling this year and most of the televised games have been muck.

Kilkenny v Galway was a belter, but its a fair point.

The football has been a more enjoyable championship so far.

I've big hopes for the Scum v Limerick on Sunday

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:49 am 

Yes but it has been the Ulster championship that has largely made the football good this year.

Leinster championship still isn't worth showing unless you're a Dublin fan wanting to see massacres but little challenge.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:59 pm 

ill be full blown Kevin Keegan if we can beat tipp. Sounds like a big crown...terrace tickets only for sale. Not good for limerick to have the bandwagon starting so early.
Have to expect some backlash from Clare. Actually think they’ll pip cork. You don’t go from a genuine contender to that rubbish on Sunday in 6 months.
Hurling is to very good standard imo just last year had a ridiculous number of games that were decided in the last seconds. Galway and kk will have a big day in the championship still.

Poor attendance at leinster sf games is shocking.

Can’t blame rte ....who’d have guessed ulster games being to a decent high scoring standard with limited filth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:08 pm 

Lazy Couch potato wrote:
ill be full blown Kevin Keegan if we can beat tipp. Sounds like a big crown...terrace tickets only for sale. Not good for limerick to have the bandwagon starting so early.
Have to expect some backlash from Clare. Actually think they’ll pip cork. You don’t go from a genuine contender to that rubbish on Sunday in 6 months.
Hurling is to very good standard imo just last year had a ridiculous number of games that were decided in the last seconds. Galway and kk will have a big day in the championship still.

Can’t blame rte ....who’d have guessed ulster games being to a decent high scoring standard with limited filth

I'm heading down to Thurles for the day. Got a ticket in the town end which I believe will be the Limerick end. Really looking forward to this.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:12 pm 

DragonKhan wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:

What's this "we" paleface? You are a Munster supporter and that rules you out from supporting Longford.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:16 pm 

Lazy Couch potato wrote:

Clare have been abject two game in a row. The backlash was supposed to be last week and they bent over to have their tummies tickled. If we don't beat them we don't deserve to go any further in the championship. Remember Cork went down and won by 7 points in Limerick - Clare were beaten by 18 points and scored 4 points from play!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:16 pm 

Liathroidigloine wrote:
DragonKhan wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:

What's this "we" paleface? You are a Munster supporter and that rules you out from supporting Longford.

Just do the same tactic every Longford team does to away opposition.

Make them play into town end first half .

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:17 pm 

Rumham wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:

Clare have been abject two game in a row. The backlash was supposed to be last week and they bent over to have their tummies tickled. If we don't beat them we don't deserve to go any further in the championship. Remember Cork went down and won by 7 points in Limerick - Clare were beaten by 18 points and scored 4 points from play!

There will be a response from Clare. Dangerous game for Cork.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:18 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
DragonKhan wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:

Just do the same tactic every Longford team does to away opposition.

Make them play into town end first half .

Yep, scoring goals. I haven't been in the park for about 6 months. It will be interesting to see what work they have completed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:19 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:

I'm heading down to Thurles for the day. Got a ticket in the town end which I believe will be the Limerick end. Really looking forward to this.

I’m Town end too. We’ll have you singing Sean south in no time. All hurling matches should be played in Thurles. On a serious note don’t go directly below the tools under the scoreboard. The various flares are generally flung once used/guards approach and it hit an auld fella in the head on Sunday. Heard from a cousin the old fella had to be stopped from marching back up and funting whatever fuckwit threw it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:21 pm 

Lazy Couch potato wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:

I’m Town end too. We’ll have you singing Sean south in no time. All hurling matches should be played in Thurles. On a serious note don’t go directly below the tools under the scoreboard. The various flares are generally flung once used/guards approach and it hit an auld fella in the head on Sunday. Heard from a cousin the old fella had to be stopped from marching back up and funting whatever fuckwit threw it.

Where are that mob from? Newcastle West or is a mixture of towns. I don't think they're from the city

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:24 pm 

Rumham wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:

Cork are still my favorites for the title tbh. There’s more solidity with cadogans x2 Downey and Ellis with Spillane esp to come back but i just can’t see Clare being so bad again. Limerick badly badly owed them one and it was obvious right from the start that the bullying we got in ennis last year had to be returned. Maybe I’m wrong but I’ve never met a soft clareman. Whether clare are good enough to win I don’t know but I think cork could get knocked out if they’re not careful.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:26 pm 

Lazy Couch potato wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:

I was down the Pairc last Saturday for the first time and I must say it's grand old spot. I love Thurles too but I could get used to regular games down there each year. I'd only love to play Tipp there again in a Munster final.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:27 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:

Where are that mob from? Newcastle West or is a mixture of towns. I don't think they're from the city

No idea. It’s always been the “hard” 16 year olds from all over. Mostly totally harmless. Shur every county has them. But you don’t want a hot flare in the back of the head because some idiot doesn’t eat to get caught with it by a steward.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:29 pm 

Rumham wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:

I was down the Pairc last Saturday for the first time and I must say it's grand old spot. I love Thurles too but I could get used to regular games down there each year. I'd only love to play Tipp there again in a Munster final.

The pairc de frank is lovely just a pain of a location. Such a walk from the city.

Munster final if cork limerick is limerick. If limerick tipp is limerick and if cork tipp is park ui caoimh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:34 pm 

It's a ballache is you are travelling in and need to park, get out early etc... so it's awful for two visiting teams who use it as a neutral ground.

But I walked into town in 15 minutes after and it was grand. Pints inside the ground too which is a huge upgrade.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:44 pm 

Lazy Couch potato wrote:
Rumham wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:

The pairc de frank is lovely just a pain of a location. Such a walk from the city.

Munster final if cork limerick is limerick. If limerick tipp is limerick and if cork tipp is park ui caoimh

Surely Limerick v Cork would be Pairc Ui Chaoimh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:37 pm 

Apparently not. Reverts to home and away from last Munster final. 2013 Lk v cork In limk and 2014 in cork.
Still think it could be any of the 3 tbh and while cork look good I’d be fearful of a Clare backlash for them

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:44 pm 

Donegal vs Cavan will be an interesting Ulster final, Donegal are odds on favourites but any complacency and Cavan will take advantage, to say the Breffni are hungry for an Ulster title is a massive understatement and all those years of good underage sides has to pay off at some stage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:55 pm 

Witchfinder General wrote:
Donegal vs Cavan will be an interesting Ulster final, Donegal are odds on favourites but any complacency and Cavan will take advantage, to say the Breffni are hungry for an Ulster title is a massive understatement and all those years of good underage sides has to pay off at some stage

Look at Mr Rail Dub trying to go all Johnny Culchie.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:58 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Witchfinder General wrote:

Look at Mr Rail Dub trying to go all Johnny Culchie.

no just providing some context as if Cavan win an Ulster title the whole county will close down for a week, they are getting a bit overexcited

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:12 pm 

My mam and dad are from Cavan so I'm also exited they're in the Ulster final.

Cavan is a football mad county (comparable with Mayo) and they've been away for so long.

This was the last time they won an Ulster. I remember the pitch invasion well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DeO5ZJ50MA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:16 pm 

I was at that game in '97.
Going home for the final against Donegal in 2 weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:36 pm 

One of the Cavan lads played rugby for Longford underage.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:15 pm 

Wexford v Kilkenny on Sky now. Ferocious start.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:37 pm 

Galway gone from the championship!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:47 pm 

Up the Dubs with sticks.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:59 pm 

Good game. Kept tj reid quiet. Galway out. tough times.
Offaly relegated also. How they have fallen.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:01 pm 

Fair play to RTE I bet the ladies soccer drew a big audience

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:11 pm 

Jesus that’s massive for the championship. Especially with joe to come back.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:29 pm 

Real bonus for the Munster teams to see Galway drop out.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:48 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:

It is getting beyond a fücking joke at this stage.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:52 pm 

It's actually hilarious really.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:36 am 

Mullet 2 wrote:

Honest question, what are you on about? I barely watch tv so do t understand.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:23 am 

rageagainstthemachine wrote:
Good game. Kept tj reid quiet. Galway out. tough times.
Offaly relegated also. How they have fallen.

Offaly were reigning All-Ireland champions 20 years ago, spectacular fall in a generation. Future not looking bright either if results at underage are anything to go by, Kildare knocked them out in the Leinster minors this year. Wouldn't fancy them to get out of Division 3 of the league with Kerry and Antrim both down there and the way things are going a defeat in next years Christy Ring wouldn't even be that much of a surprise.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:42 am 

Well done Dublin but that is a shocking result for Galway. :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:52 am 

Early start now for the bus to Thurles .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9517 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233 ... 238  Next