Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9517 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234 ... 238  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:59 am 

Congrats to all Dubs on here. Ye were class yesterday.

Reckon that's the end of Galway being contenders for a few years.
Only lad who could shake things up imo would be Eamonn O'Shea.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:41 pm 

Cork don't turn up yet scrape through. Might not be the worst result and put a bit on reality on it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:11 pm 

God help those that paid to watch Limerick and Tipp.

Rossies v Galway looks like it could be great

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:58 pm 

Up the fùcking Ross

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:07 pm 

Liathroidigloine wrote:

The football was pretty shit, the game was somewhat intriguing.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:38 pm 

Liathroidigloine wrote:

I’m only drying off now. Tipp very impressive. Their touch in awful conditions today was stunning. Tipp as physically strong and hungry as I’ve seen in some time. That said add hannon lynch and especially hegarty back in and it’ll be close.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:42 pm 

Galway find new ways every year to try turn me off sport in general

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:50 pm 

Diabhal wrote:
Galway find new ways every year to try turn me off sport in general

Yep :((

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:52 pm 

2 points in the second half x(

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:32 pm 

Lazy Couch potato wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:

I’m only drying off now. Tipp very impressive. Their touch in awful conditions today was stunning. Tipp as physically strong and hungry as I’ve seen in some time. That said add hannon lynch and especially hegarty back in and it’ll be close.

Don't think Limerick were showing their full hand today.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:58 am 

Munster-fogs wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:

They weren't that bothered. Thanks for that from everyone in Cork.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:55 am 

Thought Tipp were very slick and efficient with their play. Limerick like to play a short stick passing game and Tipp shut them down coming out.

Still think Tipp will win in Limerick as well, just think they're playing a more risk free game and their skill levels are unreal.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:20 am 

iarmhiman wrote:
Thought Tipp were very slick and efficient with their play. Limerick like to play a short stick passing game and Tipp shut them down coming out.

Still think Tipp will win in Limerick as well, just think they're playing a more risk free game and their skill levels are unreal.

Have you dried off yet?

Tipps skill levels in that rain and tackling was very impressive. Also their hunger for hard work which isn’t always a given with tipp. Sheehy is some operator. That said the goal won it. Limerick will have learned a lot Hegarty was a big loss as dowling was anonymous. Impact sub only. Worryingly form from Seamus Flanagan. I think we need his size at 14 but he looks very undercooked
The injuries to Barrett and Bonner are big and when you consider the Munster losing finalists have a battle against a hugely physical Dublin team. Tipp as an older team need that break

Cork will be delighted. Still in championship but no pressure. Not sure I’d fancy meeting them again

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:42 am 

So....... going to Roscommon last night was a mistake..... :((

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:43 am 

Rumham wrote:
Munster-fogs wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:

Limerick were fairly manure - summed up by Darragh O Donovans flick over the head and strike off hurl that went about 3 yards and the scum drove it over the bar.

At least we closed off to lift the doom and gloom somewhat.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:45 am 

Banana Man wrote:

Where did you hit? Rockfords?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:46 am 

Liathroidigloine wrote:
Banana Man wrote:

Where did you hit? Rockfords?

I didn't thank christ - Down the Hatch and finished back up out in Kilteevan, where the family is from.

Great scenes when team came in - the auld lad and uncle pure happy.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:01 am 

Banana Man wrote:
Rumham wrote:
Munster-fogs wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:

Limerick were fairly manure - summed up by Darragh O Donovans flick over the head and strike off hurl that went about 3 yards and the scum drove it over the bar.

At least we closed off to lift the doom and gloom somewhat.

Limerick were poor. Average first touch and trying to pass it out of defense in those conditions was amateur hour. Hegarty s ball winning ability at 10 massively missed....

Knew there’d have to be some response from Clare

Congrats ontge rossies....great scenes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:19 am 

Gavin Duffy wrote:
2 points in the second half x(

2nd of which was an excellent 45......in the 6th minute of injury when they were 3 points down ; fcukin hell it was turgid stuff.....fair dues to Roscommon but do they need to be with 25 yards of goals to have a crack ? the amount of time half forwards were within 30 yards of goal, open shot and keep charging forward was something else.....at one point I went to get a beer, came back and thought they must be showing a replay of something from 1st half,,,,,Rossie running the wrong way to retain possession and only 20 minutes on 2nd half clock ; effective but painful viewing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:27 am 

Lazy Couch potato wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

Have you dried off yet?

Tipps skill levels in that rain and tackling was very impressive. Also their hunger for hard work which isn’t always a given with tipp. Sheehy is some operator. That said the goal won it. Limerick will have learned a lot Hegarty was a big loss as dowling was anonymous. Impact sub only. Worryingly form from Seamus Flanagan. I think we need his size at 14 but he looks very undercooked
The injuries to Barrett and Bonner are big and when you consider the Munster losing finalists have a battle against a hugely physical Dublin team. Tipp as an older team need that break

Cork will be delighted. Still in championship but no pressure. Not sure I’d fancy meeting them again

I got fairly wet but was brilliant to see such a large crowd in Semple. Limerick city will be buzzing in two weeks and will be impossible to get a ticket.

I'm now going to tip Cork to win the all Ireland as they're going to go on a run and gain momentum:

Easy win v Laois or Westmeath
Then a win probably v Wexford

Then an anbush on Tipp or Limerick. I can see Cork winning it now as it's set up for a run in.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:30 am 

I see the Rossies have family ties on here with Bananaman enjoying the festivities.

My ancestral county are playing next Sunday and I'm pretty excited about it. Really hope Cavan turn up and give Donegal a real battle. I think they will and Cavan will lift the Anglo Celt cup next Sunday.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:41 am 

iarmhiman wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

Have you dried off yet?

I got fairly wet but was brilliant to see such a large crowd in Semple. Limerick city will be buzzing in two weeks and will be impossible to get a ticket.

I'm now going to tip Cork to win the all Ireland as they're going to go on a run and gain momentum:

Then an anbush on Tipp or Limerick. I can see Cork winning it now as it's set up for a run in.

Obviously wasn't in at Cork/Clare game but my mates were - apparently we carved them at the back a few times.

I don't think they have the squad to take 3 big teams in a row - maybe an ambush or whatever but then a semi and a final. Can't see it

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:01 pm 

Quote:
I don't think they have the squad to take 3 big teams in a row - maybe an ambush or whatever but then a semi and a final. Can't see it

With the greatest of respect to Wexford, I couldn't think of a better route to the final than what we've been given. Wexford can't be called a "big team" yet for all the work done by Davey Fitz. They're probably going to make a fool of me and beat Kilkenny in the final but if they don't I think they're a team we match up extremly well against.

That all being said, Cork full back line has consistently been our biggest issue and I can't see the personnel in the squad to fix it between now and a potential semfinal. Tipp full forward line cleaned us out and could do so again if we met.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:32 pm 

Cork play losers of Leinster? With winners of that to play winners if Munster in semifinal?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:22 pm 

Lazy Couch potato wrote:
Cork play losers of Leinster? With winners of that to play winners if Munster in semifinal?

Think so yea.

Dublin to play losers of Munster.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:30 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
I see the Rossies have family ties on here with Bananaman enjoying the festivities.

My ancestral county are playing next Sunday and I'm pretty excited about it. Really hope Cavan turn up and give Donegal a real battle. I think they will and Cavan will lift the Anglo Celt cup next Sunday.

No shortage of confidence in Cavan.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 pm 

Banana Man wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

Have you dried off yet?

Obviously wasn't in at Cork/Clare game but my mates were - apparently we carved them at the back a few times.

The squad as a whole is far better stronger than last year but the FB line is finger in the dyke stuff. Far too many goals conceded and we need to win every game in a shoot out.

I'd see another semi-final exit coming.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:14 am 

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/stop-lights-clare-minor-scored-one-ridiculous-points-hurling-ever-seen-202955?fbclid=IwAR3Mu-suNrbG2OSDk-9tuIQnqMY2WApW2n5HQR-MkbNxdpvwrN4wx3Eqcz4

Pure quality

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:52 am 

Jesus, if Cork had a finisher they,d won that...prob ably says more about Kerry though, porous defense, coulda leaked 5 goals, won't be troubling de dubs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:56 pm 

Well done limerick dominated that. Tipp were poor granted most of that, was down to limerick but we were poor, some bad wides with no presssure at times and our heads didn’t seem to be in it. Hope sheedy & co. will learn from it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:08 pm 

Delighted to have hammered that Tipp sh!te.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:48 pm 

Delighted with the limerick win and the pitch invasion after showed how much it means to a success starved county. The hunger in the players is obvious. Felt too much was made of the previous match v tipp. I think Kiely targeted a massive performance v Clare (which qualified us and did for Clare in the end) and frankly exhaustion was the key. We’re a younger fitter team than Tipp and certainly we upped the physicality hugely but if tipp had taken more of their chances it would have been very close. Tipp historically wouldn’t fear Dublin or Wexford so there’s a high chance of them still getting to the final but today showed the template to beat this tipp team. Physicality and massive work rate. Tipps biggest worry will be keeping the show in the road.

Still fear cork in the long grass but we’ll enjoy tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:22 am 

Cavan v Tyrone
Meath v Clare
Cork v Laois
Galway v Mayo

In last round of qualifiers.

Well done Limerick and Wexford lads - 1996 all over again.

Good to see the scum get a bit of a tanning - you feckers couldn't have played like that 2 weeks ago!! :((

Say what you want about Davy, some man to get results.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:17 am 

Banana Man wrote:
Cavan v Tyrone
Meath v Clare
Cork v Laois
Galway v Mayo

Best draw available for us as Cork football desperately needs a bit of gee up and the extra games. Considering we have division 3 football next year to look forward to.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:29 pm 

Banana Man wrote:
Cavan v Tyrone
Meath v Clare
Cork v Laois
Galway v Mayo

Good to see the scum get a bit of a tanning - you feckers couldn't have played like that 2 weeks ago!! :((

First hurling manager to have won Munster, Leinster, All-Ireland and League titles. Paidi O'Se and Mick O'Dwyer did likewise in football (though winning Munster football is hardly an accolade anymore!).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:33 pm 

ruckinhell wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
Cavan v Tyrone
Meath v Clare
Cork v Laois
Galway v Mayo

First hurling manager to have won Munster, Leinster, All-Ireland and League titles. Paidi O'Se and Mick O'Dwyer did likewise in football (though winning Munster football is hardly an accolade anymore!).

It is. if you're the manager of a county other than Kerry!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:37 pm 

ruckinhell wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
Cavan v Tyrone
Meath v Clare
Cork v Laois
Galway v Mayo

And Anthony Cunningham first to have won two different provincial titles in each code - good year for records so far.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:38 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
ruckinhell wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
Cavan v Tyrone
Meath v Clare
Cork v Laois
Galway v Mayo

It is. if you're the manager of a county other than Kerry!

Fair point - John Maughan in 92 is a long time ago!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:16 pm 

Cavan V Tyrone again

The one team Cavan didn't want to get. fudge sake.

Tyrone are back playing their poxy 14 men behind the ball again. They are football aids.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:17 pm 

I think we all want the Limerick v Wexford all Ireland final.

The would be brilliant and impossible for getting tickets.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9517 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234 ... 238  Next