Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:09 am 

Mayo usually have one good game a summer.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:38 am 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Mayo usually have one good game a summer.

yup, that, playing in Mayo and not writing them off before the final are the only reasons its even a debate. Based on their performances and results so far in the championship the only debate should be whether its Kerry or Donegal playing de dubs in the semi final

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:38 pm 

G'wan the Cats. Tbh I thought they would do this handy enough. Limerick looked nervous this year and KK had that bit of hunger

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:19 pm 

Gutted from yest. Wides killed us. Very annoying performance spent too long waiting for it to happen. Can’t give the cats that kind of lead. Needed to draw level. Serious kudos for Cody and the cats tho. Always knew it would be a battle but he comprehensively out thought us on the line. Kk are hard to dislike just incredibly honest players in terms of effort. They’re tactically streets ahead of everyone. Walter Walsh is so effortless.

Anyway come on the strawberries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:15 pm 

Ah Wexford. How did you throw that away. Tipp rose from the dead but that was dreadful stuff once they went 5 points up.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:22 pm 

Some fight by Tipp.

They needed a game and a win like that.

They will beat Kilkenny

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:31 pm 

I needed a Kilkenny tipp final like a hole in the head

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:33 pm 

TheBouncer wrote:
I needed a Kilkenny tipp final like a hole in the head

I know . Such an anti climax.

Wonder what Galway hurlers are thinking watching this

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:20 pm 

Fair play to tipp. Poor by Wexford to let them back in but some answers given by their old guard. I don’t think Wexford had the quality tbh much as I wanted them to win. Callahan for hoty surely.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:22 pm 

Double

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:37 pm 

Lazy Couch potato wrote:
Gutted from yest. Wides killed us. Very annoying performance spent too long waiting for it to happen. Can’t give the cats that kind of lead. Needed to draw level. Serious kudos for Cody and the cats tho. Always knew it would be a battle but he comprehensively out thought us on the line. Kk are hard to dislike just incredibly honest players in terms of effort. They’re tactically streets ahead of everyone. Walter Walsh is so effortless.

Gutted after the Limerick match. They're a very young team though so hopefully they'll be there or thereabouts for the next few years.

Pity Tipp won, I thought the ref awful for both teams.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:59 pm 

Munster-fogs wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:

Gutted after the Limerick match. They're a very young team though so hopefully they'll be there or thereabouts for the next few years.

Just back from Croker, some character shown by our Tipp lads today, ref was shocking but irrespective, we got some brilliant long range scores to bring it back after that last goal and close it out, 4 out of the 5 subs brought on got points in that period...... 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:21 pm 

To say I wouldn’t be tipps biggest fan is an understatement due to family connections but you’d have to give serious kudos to them today. Refused to give in. They’ve some of the classiest hurlers going. Brendan Maher is unreal. Callahan is unmarkable.

Thought limk gave the template to beat tipp in Munster final. Suffocation but Davy left it way too loose. You’ll always lose a shootout to this tipp team. They’re so accurate.

Kk learned a lot of lessons from the tipp limk game in Thurles. Limerick badly needed Flanagan in my opinion yesterday

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:26 pm 

Munster-fogs wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:

We lack a proper marquee forward. Gillane might be one but we’re still too much perspiration not enough inspiration.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:29 pm 

If anyone could play Limerick at their own game its KK, they're the masters of rucking and suffocating you and to be honest, I wanted to meet them in the final if we got there.....we'd fear Limerick after that Munster final but not this KK team!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:41 pm 

Premier Red wrote:
If anyone could play Limerick at their own game its KK, they're the masters of rucking and suffocating you and to be honest, I wanted to meet them in the final if we got there.....we'd fear Limerick after that Munster final but not this KK team!

Lot of truth in that. Same as I didn’t want to play Clare last year. Ah tipp are there on merit. Have beaten everyone once.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:04 pm 

Premier Red wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:03 pm 

Lazy Couch potato wrote:
Fair play to tipp. Poor by Wexford to let them back in but some answers given by their old guard. I don’t think Wexford had the quality tbh much as I wanted them to win. Callahan for hoty surely.

Lee Chin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:09 pm 

Conspicuous wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:

Lee Chin

TJ Reid - 100%

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:19 pm 

Banana Man wrote:
Conspicuous wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:

Lee Chin

TJ Reid - 100%

Oh yeah , of course

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:43 am 

Limerick must be sick not getting that 65 to send it to extra time plus how close was he to O,Donovan taking sideline ? Kilkenny the better team but that was shocking officiating. Some horrors in Wexford tipp also

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:46 am 

ticketlessinseattle wrote:
Limerick must be sick not getting that 65 to send it to extra time plus how close was he to O,Donovan taking sideline ? Kilkenny the better team but that was shocking officiating. Some horrors in Wexford tipp also

It was a horror from the linesman in particular, but on flip side, that was in no way a penalty for me for Gillane.

But on that specific one, I don't know how they missed it

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:53 am 

Two teams, neither of which won their provincial title, get to play in the AI final.

Personally I think Wexford and Limerick are the two best hurling teams in the country

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:57 am 

Tipperary went direct and Davy had Wexford continue to fúck around with short passes out from defence and midfield.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:05 am 

Miguel Indurain wrote:
Two teams, neither of which won their provincial title, get to play in the AI final.

Personally I think Wexford and Limerick are the two best hurling teams in the country

The back door has been in for over 20 years now :lol:

And hurling has been the better for it.

I don't think Wexford are in the Top 3 to be honest, backs are good but they need a couple more classy forwards. I do think Limerick are the best team in the country but got a bit complacent on Saturday and you can't be doing that in a semi final no matter how good you are.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:08 am 

Munster hurling is just dramatically overrated

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:10 am 

Also Donal Og can kindly fúck off now, that shit he went on about last night was some amount of self-indulgent crap, blaming the Brits for not accepting the sweeper system. :lol:

Derek McGrath need to get over 2016 also.

Their 10 min rant for the analysis of the Tipp Wex game was embarrassing stuff. Typical RTE sports panel creating a narrative and f all analysis, Des Cahill can f off also, he is beyond useless.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:55 am 

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:
Also Donal Og can kindly fúck off now, that shit he went on about last night was some amount of self-indulgent crap, blaming the Brits for not accepting the sweeper system. :lol:

Derek McGrath need to get over 2016 also.

Their 10 min rant for the analysis of the Tipp Wex game was embarrassing stuff. Typical RTE sports panel creating a narrative and f all analysis, Des Cahill can f off also, he is beyond useless.

I was fine with it initially but went on too long and blaming Jack Charlton was priceless ! Bad calls including penalties that were,we're not, square ball that was, at least you get a second chance but that sideline deflection from player too close in last touch of game decided extra time or not(saw mention of replay?) and I'd have fancied Limerick. PS you've got to love Davy Fitz ...opposite of say nothing cute hoor managers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:09 pm 

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:
Miguel Indurain wrote:

I don't think Wexford are in the Top 3 to be honest, backs are good but they need a couple more classy forwards. I do think Limerick are the best team in the country but got a bit complacent on Saturday and you can't be doing that in a semi final no matter how good you are.

I don’t think it was complacency. I think kk were better able to exploit our weaknesses than most. And our wides was the difference. Most unforced. 3rd year in a row we’ve played. 3 pt win kk in 17. 2pt lk win last year....Cody had his homework done and especially had Wally Walsh fit. Bad day at the office but I’d hope we’ll be in the running for a few more years.
Tipp have stunning shooters. You have to suffocate them but Wexford and Davy got it all wrong. Sheedy schooled him. I don’t see Wexford within the top 6 tbh.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:14 pm 

Banana Man wrote:

It was a horror from the linesman in particular, but on flip side, that was in no way a penalty for me for Gillane.

The Limerick sideline ball should have been a KK one I thought. Surprised nobody mentioned it afterwards but the narrative was all about the missed 65

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:22 pm 

EverReady wrote:
Banana Man wrote:

The Limerick sideline ball should have been a KK one I thought. Surprised nobody mentioned it afterwards but the narrative was all about the missed 65

Or how Gillane struck his penalty inside the 20 yard line. GAA really does follow the Sky Sports/Premiership school of generating controversy to create free media. Only decisions that are discussed are those which could have changed the result or impact on future fixtures.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:39 pm 

Lazy Couch potato wrote:
MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:
Miguel Indurain wrote:

I don’t think it was complacency. I think kk were better able to exploit our weaknesses than most. And our wides was the difference. Most unforced. 3rd year in a row we’ve played. 3 pt win kk in 17. 2pt lk win last year....Cody had his homework done and especially had Wally Walsh fit. Bad day at the office but I’d hope we’ll be in the running for a few more years.
Tipp have stunning shooters. You have to suffocate them but Wexford and Davy got it all wrong. Sheedy schooled him. I don’t see Wexford within the top 6 tbh.

What utter nonsense, they lost by 2 points. Extra man and all I know, but they just shat the bed a bit. They didn't get bate off the park, their system was good enough to get them 5 points up. No one got schooled FFS.

They were consistently able to create free men, held Tipp to 1 goal (albeit really 2 to be fair) when no one else has been able to do that. Key difference is they don't have a forward/forwards capable of knocking 4 points from play over consistently.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:30 pm 

Dublin will be the only county to retain their provincial title and their All Ireland title this year :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:41 pm 

Banana Man wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:
MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:
Miguel Indurain wrote:

What utter nonsense, they lost by 2 points. Extra man and all I know, but they just shat the bed a bit. They didn't get bate off the park, their system was good enough to get them 5 points up. No one got schooled FFS.

They were consistently able to create free men, held Tipp to 1 goal (albeit really 2 to be fair) when no one else has been able to do that. Key difference is they don't have a forward/forwards capable of knocking 4 points from play over consistently.

Ah ye Clare lads are fierce sticky bman :D .Just my POV but I’d never get into a shootout with tipp. Bubbles Callahan and Noel McGrath had bucket loads of space. Even with the extra man tipp has space galore. Contrast to the claustrophobia of kk on sat. Whether that’s sheehy or Davy I don’t know. Agreed wexico shat the bed but they gave tipp enough chances to score another 3 goals.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:24 pm 

Lazy Couch potato wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:
MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:
Miguel Indurain wrote:

Ah ye Clare lads are fierce sticky bman :D .Just my POV but I’d never get into a shootout with tipp. Bubbles Callahan and Noel McGrath had bucket loads of space. Even with the extra man tipp has space galore. Contrast to the claustrophobia of kk on sat. Whether that’s sheehy or Davy I don’t know. Agreed wexico shat the bed but they gave tipp enough chances to score another 3 goals.

But I don't think they got into a shoot out, as in mad open. They were working it up on the overlap. The sweeper always creates space and that's how you beat it, is outshoot it from the 65 out.

I am no Davy defender, but think it was mental to suggest he was schooled. Its not like Wexford were some raging hot favourites.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:23 pm 

Munster-fogs wrote:
Lazy Couch potato wrote:

So frustrating but typical Limerick "dynasty" of 1 All-Ireland win with a so-called golden-era team - it is a truism that a Limerick team with 14 Mackey-like stars will stumble to 1 All Ireland with a 2nd losing appearance near the end of that team's shelf-life. Whereas a Cork team with 14 average players will do a 5-in-a-row in Munster, win 6 All Irelands and four from that team will find time to win a football All Ireland in their spare time!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:09 pm 

Limerick needed a plan b. We needed a target man in the full forward esp as a counterfoil to gillane. All well n good building thro the lines but sometimes In a battle like that you need to give your backs a target. Long term I wonder is that Hayes. Not sure re Flanagan.

No team in Munster could live with us physically but I’d wager Dublin and Wexford would have matched us. You’d hope for more success there but we’ll need to be more ruthless. There’s talent en route

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:13 pm 

Banana Man wrote:
What utter nonsense, they lost by 2 points. Extra man and all I know, but they just shat the bed a bit.

Sometimes it's simple. They just didn't know what to do and just needed 1 point to settle it.

A bit like Cork last year when Limerick started coming back. Lost all confidence, got very loose with ball in hand. Tipp cleaned up at HB and away then went, time and time again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:59 am 

It was bizarre you could tell for all money they just needed a point and yet the plan was panic and smack it in to Jayo II

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:21 am 

Will Davy stay in the job?

If the Clare job becomes available again will he go back? There's another all Ireland in that Clare team.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237  Next