Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9458 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19261
iarmhiman wrote:
Will Davy stay in the job?

If the Clare job becomes available again will he go back? There's another all Ireland in that Clare team.

He will leave the job, that's for sure.

Hard to know, talk of Donal Moloney staying on but not sure that works without Gerry O Connor


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5929
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces
Banana Man wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Will Davy stay in the job?

If the Clare job becomes available again will he go back? There's another all Ireland in that Clare team.

He will leave the job, that's for sure.

Hard to know, talk of Donal Moloney staying on but not sure that works without Gerry O Connor


what's the overall feeling towards Davy in Clare B'man ? I would assume they'd want him back but am guessing its not that simple ; didnt he say that he's never felt so close to a team as Wexford ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19261
ticketlessinseattle wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Will Davy stay in the job?

If the Clare job becomes available again will he go back? There's another all Ireland in that Clare team.

He will leave the job, that's for sure.

Hard to know, talk of Donal Moloney staying on but not sure that works without Gerry O Connor


what's the overall feeling towards Davy in Clare B'man ? I would assume they'd want him back but am guessing its not that simple ; didnt he say that he's never felt so close to a team as Wexford ?

He is a divisive character, has still a lot of credit in the bank. Two all Irelands in the pocket as a player, and then 2013 and a National League too.

At a club level, Pat Fitz (his Dad + County Secretary) wouldn't be loved, to say the least.

But it actually probably works back to us not kicking on after 2013, we were winning 3 All Ireland 21s in a row with a very open and free scoring style and then not seeing that with the sweeper system at senior.

He would always be welcome back (I think), but I think he might needs a break for himself. The man has two stents in.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:33 am
Posts: 2542
Davey wouldn’t be on the big bucks tho with Clare would he?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5929
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces
Lazy Couch potato wrote:
Davey wouldn’t be on the big bucks tho with Clare would he?


sure there'd be no mileage driving down the road...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5929
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces
Banana Man wrote:
ticketlessinseattle wrote:
Banana Man wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Will Davy stay in the job?

If the Clare job becomes available again will he go back? There's another all Ireland in that Clare team.

He will leave the job, that's for sure.

Hard to know, talk of Donal Moloney staying on but not sure that works without Gerry O Connor


what's the overall feeling towards Davy in Clare B'man ? I would assume they'd want him back but am guessing its not that simple ; didnt he say that he's never felt so close to a team as Wexford ?

He is a divisive character, has still a lot of credit in the bank. Two all Irelands in the pocket as a player, and then 2013 and a National League too.

At a club level, Pat Fitz (his Dad + County Secretary) wouldn't be loved, to say the least.

But it actually probably works back to us not kicking on after 2013, we were winning 3 All Ireland 21s in a row with a very open and free scoring style and then not seeing that with the sweeper system at senior.

He would always be welcome back (I think), but I think he might needs a break for himself. The man has two stents in.


that's what I had thought but could really pinpoint why, cheers for the update b'man


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11805
So, we get de dubz in the semis?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32875
Location: Dublin
[quote="El Homerino"][quote="iarmhiman"]Better result for Kerry.

Kerry will beat Meath no problem in Navan but I think Mayo will beat Donegal next week.

A Dublin v Mayo semi final. This Mayo team are not as good as past teams, but a very dangerous team to get in a semi final[/quote]

.[/quote]

8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:33 am
Posts: 2542
Mayo4sam


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3234
Location: Running from the Baby-faced Baby-eater
Fair play to Mayo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18547
Handy weekend for Cork.
And beating the dubs makes it all the better. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5929
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces
fair dues Mayo ; that was some performance ; would love to seem them do it. Cork beating the dubs U-20's by 8 points coming from 1-06 to 0 down in first 15 minutes was pretty impressive ; that and Ciaran Sheahan coming back next season gives me some hope for Cork football which is saying something about where they've come from after losing all 3 super 8's - playing in div iii won't help though


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 20502
Cork is a sporting blackhole

We'll let you know if we're looking for another ridiculous walking medal


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18547
You bitter = us happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3234
Location: Running from the Baby-faced Baby-eater
anyone know of any gaa links???


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19261
That's some half from Aidan o Shea and Mayo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20339
Missed the first few mins of the 2nd half, gone from 2 down to 6 up in very short time.

Edit, did I say 6?


Last edited by danthefan on Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5842
Not much you can do, they're playing a different sport.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20339
Why are Mayo such scum?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:34 am
Posts: 4857
Long way back to Mayo after this.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:44 pm
Posts: 225
Location: Gaillimh
A truly cowardly showing from Mayo in the second half. Dubs immense but Mayo should never have as far behind as they were by the end. Keegan defensively a mess.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 20502
Uncle Fester wrote:
You bitter = us happy


Panned out alright


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 836
Some second half display just pure magic. 2-6 to no score in about 14 minutes. They are just a joy to watch in full flow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34548
If Kerry win tomorrow it will be a good final, as they are the only county with forwards who can score at will.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2348
Location: Terenure, Dublin 6, Ireland
Diabhal wrote:
A truly cowardly showing from Mayo in the second half. Dubs immense but Mayo should never have as far behind as they were by the end. Keegan defensively a mess.


Keegan was turned inside out several times. Mayo did well during the first half but Dublin lifted the tempo in the second half to a degree that no other team can match.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22287
The amount of diving and play acting between yesterday and today is ferocious. Dubs the least guilty which might tell you something


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 32875
Location: Dublin
Not only will Dublin win and get the 5 . That team will get 10 in a row.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 20502
Did you ever read such a load of shite

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/our-love-will-always-be-strong-for-boys-of-summer-38392687.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5929
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces
EverReady wrote:
The amount of diving and play acting between yesterday and today is ferocious. Dubs the least guilty which might tell you something


it was very noticeable - especially Kerry v tyrone - before it used to be a few isolated incidents, now its become very obvious, Neymaresque at times - should bring in suspensions or something from post match reviews


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4064
iarmhiman wrote:
Not only will Dublin win and get the 5 . That team will get 10 in a row.


I was thinking the same thing as well, unless Gavin goes and standards slip.

They could send out the 2nd and still beat kerry, Kerry defence is not great at all.

Such a great team to watch, the way they play football it's almost as good an intermediate hurling match.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5686
iarmhiman wrote:
Not only will Dublin win and get the 5 . That team will get 10 in a row.


I don’t know about 10 but there’s definitely more in them . That team is built around the likes of Fenton, Kilkenny, O’Callaghan, Mannion and McCaffrey who are all 26 or under . Rock , Cooper and Mccarthy still have a few years left in them too .

I do expect Kerry to come good though , there’s signs of serious talent there but with a soft centre. Physically and tactically they need to step up then we’ll have a serious rivalry on our hands. Not this year though, I’m expecting Dublin to win by 8+


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18547
Mullet 2 wrote:

I'm always amused by how precious you get when it comes to GAA.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 20502
Uncle Fester wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

I'm always amused by how precious you get when it comes to GAA.


I'm always amused to see a Cork lad on a GAA thread giving it Billy Big Balls.

If you had read the article (which you clearly didn't) it is Cork and Derry's All Ireland he is pissing on. Not Dublin's many. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4113
Some fun rumours circulating about the Throne boys and water bottles at the weekend


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 586
Heard that, if there's any truth in it they're utter scum.

If there's not, the Kerry lads who made it up are wankers


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18547
themaddog wrote:
Some fun rumours circulating about the Throne boys and water bottles at the weekend

Heard that this morning. Couldn't possibly be true, could it!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34548
Uncle Fester wrote:
themaddog wrote:
Some fun rumours circulating about the Throne boys and water bottles at the weekend

Heard that this morning. Couldn't possibly be true, could it!

About as true as the Suzie in SA stories I'd say.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:33 am
Posts: 2542
There’s some interesting looking photos of a Tyrone selector with two different types of bottle.

Long term rumours of some incredible sledging in an u21 final v tipp a few years ago. Research done on chaps with a Down syndrome sibling and a suicide in another. Heard tipp refused Tyrone manager entry to dressing room for the obligatory hard luck lads.

Could all be bs of course


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 275
I was at that u-21 final, worst display of sledging I've ever seen and I'm going to GAA matches 40 years, its all true, the abuse, play acting, thuggery, you name it and Tipp management didn't let them in at the end......and their supporters were no better!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:33 am
Posts: 2542
Premier Red wrote:
I was at that u-21 final, worst display of sledging I've ever seen and I'm going to GAA matches 40 years, its all true, the abuse, play acting, thuggery, you name it and Tipp management didn't let them in at the end......and their supporters were no better!


The abuse of a lad with a ds sister says an awful lot.
I hope they throw the book at them for this. It’s disgusting behavior to try to poison an opponent. That selector in question is a teacher ffs.

You confident for Sunday premier?? Can’t believe Kilkenny have tickets in general sale


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9458 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 237  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BokJock, comets, Conn, CrazyIslander, feckwanker, Flametop, Google Adsense [Bot], JB1981, Jeff the Bear, Newby1, trapper, Tuivasa, usermame, Wilderbeast, Zakar and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group