Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 107  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:46 pm 

Call Pikey point.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:10 pm 

Born and bred brits I'm sure.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:27 pm 

Gavin Duffy wrote:
Born and bred brits I'm sure.

Very likely.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:11 am 

I'm assuming this is a thick as pigshit Toga multi or wannabe who thinks English pikeys are somehow relevant to a thread on the Irish judiciary.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:02 am 

Uncle Fester wrote:
I'm assuming this is a thick as pigshit Toga multi or wannabe who thinks English pikeys are somehow relevant to a thread on the Irish judiciary.

It's Toga.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:28 pm 

Three years fully suspended for having a loaded pistol on a train to Belfast.

http://www.thejournal.ie/gun-woman-walk ... 0-Feb2018/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:43 pm 

Flametop wrote:
Three years fully suspended for having a loaded pistol on a train to Belfast.

http://www.thejournal.ie/gun-woman-walk ... 0-Feb2018/

I saw this and I thought it was a bit of a joke alright, but then on thinking a little more on it it's probably right. She's not involved in criminality apart from being related to some scummers, probably won't be involved again after this and probably was naive in the extreme. Don't think it would do much good to bang her up.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:47 pm 

Transporting a loaded lethal weapon for scumbags, and no custodial sentence. It is a nonsense.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:52 pm 

Gavin Duffy wrote:
Transporting a loaded lethal weapon for scumbags, and no custodial sentence. It is a nonsense.

What we don't know is the full story.

The Gardaí knew she was transporting the gun, and knew who and where the gun was going to be transferred.

So someone was chiprping.

And we can only assume that there would be person/people dead now if the gun hadn't been intercepted.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:53 am 

Needs more rule 1.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:30 am 

Nolanator wrote:
Needs more rule 1.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:41 am 

The DPP gets it. From the IT.

Quote:
DPP seeks tougher burglary sentencing as elderly ‘in permanent fear’
Rare call made as court extends detention of two jailed for ‘fatal burglary’
about 5 hours ago

Longer sentences should be imposed for burglaries which are leaving elderly people in rural Ireland to “live in permanent fear or dread”, the Director for Public Prosecutions has told the Court of Appeal.

The submission by the DPP was made to the court as it extended the detention of two men jailed for a “fatal burglary” in 2015 at the home of a 62-year-old man to ensure that they do not escape further penalties for the crime.

Cousins Michael Casey (34), Clonlong halting site, Southill in Limerick and David Casey (23), Carragh Park, Belcamp, Dublin, pleaded guilty to burglaries, including one at the home of John O’Donoghue.

He collapsed and died at his home in Toomaline, Doon, Co Limerick as he was about to confront the two intruders, who ran away without offering any assistance.

However, the Court of Appeal found the two men’s sentences to be “unduly lenient” following a review of sentence brought by the DPP, Claire Loftus, in December.

The three-judge court remanded both in custody until April 17th after learning they were due for release in mid-April – days before the court’s judgment on longer sentences for the O’Donoghue burglary is to be delivered.

‘Serious social problem’
In a rare move, the DPP asked the court to set sentencing guidelines for burglaries because of the “serious social problem” they are causing.

Guidelines are rarely set by the court. They have been laid down for serious assault and firearms possession, but the court declined to set them for cases of dangerous driving causing death.

The DPP’s action had been “out of recognition of the undeniable social problem caused by residential burglaries (especially the kind involved in the present case) and the legitimate public concern about such burglaries”, said counsel for the DPP Thomas O’Malley.

Residential burglary amounts to an infringement of the right to the inviolability of the dwelling as protected by Article 40.5 of the Constitution, he said.

Such attacks are a “serious social problem” particularly on homes occupied by an elderly, the infirm or disabled, or where they happen at night or in the early hours when people are at home.

The attacks had a serious impact on victims, but even a single burglary left “a ripple of fear” for miles around for those living in similar circumstances, forcing people to “live in permanent fear or dread”.

Burglaries could destroy entire communities or ways of life, Mr O’Malley said, forcing people to alter their lifestyles, or even leave their homes for sheltered accommodation.

‘Special case’
They should, he said, be treated as a “special case” by judges, since they were at least as much an offence against the person as they were upon the property, and sometimes more so.

While little or no property of any value may be taken, typically, the victim will continue to endure fear and insecurity for quite a long time to come, Mr O’Malley said..

In seeking a review of the Caseys’ sentences last December, Mr O’Malley said they had targeted four homes in a well-planned “spree”, entering three.

While it was not alleged that the Caseys directly caused Mr O’Donoghue’s death, Mr O’Malley said there was “undoubtedly some causative link” with the burglary.

Mr O’Donoghue’s surviving sister saw her brother die shortly after arriving home while the burglary was in progress, while property of significant economic and sentimental value was taken from another victim.

Mr Justice George Birmingham, who sat with Mr Justice Alan Mahon and Mr Justice John Edwards, said the court would deliver its judgment on April 17th.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:13 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Needs more rule 1.

Spoiler: show

Let her off, yerhonour.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:14 pm 

http://revisedacts.lawreform.ie/eli/2001/act/50/revised/en/html#SEC12

Absolute nonsense from the DPP.

14 years or life are already on the table.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:40 pm 

What type of head the ball is this?

Quote:

A school teacher has lost a €75,000 damages claim for defamation of his character which he alleged took place in a McDonald’s Restaurant after he discarded napkins he used to wipe excess grease from his French Fries.

Christian Morris (44) of Seagrove, Claremont Road, Howth, Dublin, also failed in a claim against McDonald’s, Donaghmede, Dublin, for breach of duty towards him while he was a customer in the restaurant on 21st June 2015.

Circuit Court President Mr Justice Raymond Groarke told barrister Joe Jeffers, who appeared for McDonald’s, that the company was entitled to an order for costs against Mr Morris.

Mr Jeffers, who appeared with DFMG Solicitors, told the court that Mr Morris had failed to establish that McDonald’s, its security company or a member of its security staff had published any defamatory statements about him which had been denied.

Morris, who represented himself in his Circuit Civil Court claim, said he had bought food in the restaurant and the chips were so greasy that he had to wipe grease off them with paper napkins. He said he had thrown the napkins onto another table and intended binning them later.

“The chips were less palatable than normal and I got some serviettes and wiped them, throwing the serviettes on a table next to me,” he said.

He said he had been approached by a security guard who ordered him to pick up his litter and stop throwing things around the restaurant. When he had told her he would deal with his rubbish when he was ready she had ordered him: “Pick it up now.”

This had attracted the attention of a number of teenage boys in the restaurant who had called him “a paedophile and a faggot.” He had demanded and received his money back and had used his phone to take a video of what was happening.

The teenagers had left the restaurant but one came back in again and snatched his phone. He had unsuccessfully given chase but later his phone had been returned to him less the sim card and memory card.

The security guard concerned in the incident told the court Morris had become very “aggressive and demeaning” towards her. He had become very irate, and “yanked the tray off me and slammed it into the bin.”

Judge Groarke said Mr Morris’s claim had been entirely silent with regard to any words spoken or actions taken that might be considered defamatory of him. The court had not heard any evidence of the publication of defamatory statements by the defendant or its agents.

“How can the defendants be responsible for what an entirely different third party may say about the plaintiff,” Judge Groarke said.

With regard to Morris’s claim for damages for breach of duty by allowing a young person back into the restaurant and stealing his phone, the judge said there had been nothing about the behaviour of the teenagers that would have merited the defendants locking the door against them.

“They may have been unruly, perhaps nasty, as children sometimes will be but I don’t believe there was an obligation on the security guard to lock the doors,” Judge Groarke said.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:47 pm 

MrBunhead wrote:
What type of head the ball is this?

Quote:

A school teacher has lost a €75,000 damages claim for defamation of his character which he alleged took place in a McDonald’s Restaurant after he discarded napkins he used to wipe excess grease from his French Fries.

Christian Morris (44) of Seagrove, Claremont Road, Howth, Dublin, also failed in a claim against McDonald’s, Donaghmede, Dublin, for breach of duty towards him while he was a customer in the restaurant on 21st June 2015.

Circuit Court President Mr Justice Raymond Groarke told barrister Joe Jeffers, who appeared for McDonald’s, that the company was entitled to an order for costs against Mr Morris.

Mr Jeffers, who appeared with DFMG Solicitors, told the court that Mr Morris had failed to establish that McDonald’s, its security company or a member of its security staff had published any defamatory statements about him which had been denied.

Morris, who represented himself in his Circuit Civil Court claim, said he had bought food in the restaurant and the chips were so greasy that he had to wipe grease off them with paper napkins. He said he had thrown the napkins onto another table and intended binning them later.

“The chips were less palatable than normal and I got some serviettes and wiped them, throwing the serviettes on a table next to me,” he said.

He said he had been approached by a security guard who ordered him to pick up his litter and stop throwing things around the restaurant. When he had told her he would deal with his rubbish when he was ready she had ordered him: “Pick it up now.”

This had attracted the attention of a number of teenage boys in the restaurant who had called him “a paedophile and a faggot.” He had demanded and received his money back and had used his phone to take a video of what was happening.

The teenagers had left the restaurant but one came back in again and snatched his phone. He had unsuccessfully given chase but later his phone had been returned to him less the sim card and memory card.

The security guard concerned in the incident told the court Morris had become very “aggressive and demeaning” towards her. He had become very irate, and “yanked the tray off me and slammed it into the bin.”

Judge Groarke said Mr Morris’s claim had been entirely silent with regard to any words spoken or actions taken that might be considered defamatory of him. The court had not heard any evidence of the publication of defamatory statements by the defendant or its agents.

“How can the defendants be responsible for what an entirely different third party may say about the plaintiff,” Judge Groarke said.

With regard to Morris’s claim for damages for breach of duty by allowing a young person back into the restaurant and stealing his phone, the judge said there had been nothing about the behaviour of the teenagers that would have merited the defendants locking the door against them.

“They may have been unruly, perhaps nasty, as children sometimes will be but I don’t believe there was an obligation on the security guard to lock the doors,” Judge Groarke said.

Morris has form and is a serial litigant.

usually on planning.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:55 pm 

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/c ... 81348.html

it appears he is a very big head the ball

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:55 pm 

Weirdo. Surely there could be a punishment for repeatedly filing spurious claims?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:42 pm 

Listen to what he has seid about Malahid.

Mullet’s going to put a contract out on him.

https://youtu.be/TIH-0JmdyVM

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:45 pm 

He's such a crank.

This self indulgent piece might be worth the hour and a half: https://youtu.be/IhS-TTwEP0I

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:39 am 

Nolanator wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Needs more rule 1.

Spoiler: show

Let her off, yerhonour.

I'm half cut but she's manky. Face like wet cardboard and I don't like the cut of her outfit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:44 am 

That's Vince McMahon you silly billy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:47 am 

Blue isn't his colour

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:26 am 

Clearly these people have been wronged, but 10k each? Surely that's excessive?

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/cou ... 83579.html

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:18 pm 

So, precedent has been set.
Now tell all your cousins.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-a ... 2?mode=amp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:51 pm 

There is a certain irony about that case and the new ruling

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:12 pm 

That case stinks to high heavens. He just happened to have a garden shears going spare, broken, and managed to nearly impale that poor junkie prick.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:59 am 

'I'm under so much stress and heartache' - woman who helped at scene of Buncrana pier drowning lodges damages claim

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/i ... 47910.html

What. A. Scumbag.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:01 am 

I hope she rots in hell

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:02 am 

Uncle Fester wrote:
'I'm under so much stress and heartache' - woman who helped at scene of Buncrana pier drowning lodges damages claim

What. A. Scumbag.

Journal article mentions that she'd been told others were making a quick buck off the incident so she wanted in on the action. I'd like to believe her that she didn't know the family would be involved but she needs to fire her solicitor if that really is the case and either way, it's not a great look.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:54 am 

Uncle Fester wrote:

What. A. Scumbag.

Good God, what a vile cnut. That scum of a lawyer should have some manners put on him also.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:09 pm 

Uncle Fester wrote:

What. A. Scumbag.

I'm not sure what case she has ?

I mean if she needed time off, surely it was certified sick leave if the incident affected her as much as she claims ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:15 pm 

The Sun God wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:

What. A. Scumbag.

Good God, what a vile cnut. That scum of a lawyer should have some manners put on him also.

Hopefully there’s a boycott of Barr and Co, they should pay for this too

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:28 pm 

I wonder did her solicitors bring the action against the Co Co first, who in turn are now looking to join the family in the action and thus bring the motor insurers into play?

So she may not have been aware that the family would be included.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:45 pm 

Either way she is a parasite.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:54 pm 

What a stupid, stupid person.

What kind of way did she think this was going to be received by the general public? She'll be blacklisted from every establishment in Donegal.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:39 pm 

What are the odds that the solicitors are working on a no win no fee basis?

edit: based in Derry.... shocked.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:35 pm 

CM11 wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:

What. A. Scumbag.

Journal article mentions that she'd been told others were making a quick buck off the incident so she wanted in on the action. I'd like to believe her that she didn't know the family would be involved but she needs to fire her solicitor if that really is the case and either way, it's not a great look.

Everybody except the guy who actually swam and rescued the baby is suing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:50 pm 

Because, very tragically I agree, some idiot drove his car half way down a slipway and parked on the slime of the intertidal zone, and then couldn't drive out again when the tide started coming in, and up. The structure is called a slipway for a reason.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:49 pm 

I'm hoping that the claim others are doing it is just her trying to share the heat.

I can understand the need for counseling after witnessing such an awful tragedy but the notion of trying to slap any sort of bill on anybody, let alone the grieving family is unspeakably ignorant.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 107  Next