Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:17 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127 ... 129  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:26 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
MrJonno wrote:
I have to stop clicking on the links as I always end up on a story of the child murder case. I can't help thinking the parents of the 2 alleged murderers should be strung up. They clearly support their kids lying through their teeth and also, the mother of the one who claims he was beaten up by two older lads washed his clothes, twice, before handing them over to police to 'help' catch the assailants. With parents like that it is no wonder there is an increasing number of feral scum in Dublin.

I haven't read much other than headlines in the last couple of weeks, so I'm not up to speed on all the details; but surely no parent would believe that their 13 year old kid could rape someone and then bludgeon to death?
Wouldn't know how you'd react when it increasingly looks like they actually may have done it. I wouldn't be surprised if all rationality goes out the window.

That's not any kind of defence of the parents' behaviour, just musing about how the average person would handle it.

Exactly, so if your kid came home with blood soaked clothes and claimed to have been beaten up by two older boys, you would be inclined to believe him and maybe not wash them twice before handing them over to the police.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:27 pm 

MrJonno wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
MrJonno wrote:
I have to stop clicking on the links as I always end up on a story of the child murder case. I can't help thinking the parents of the 2 alleged murderers should be strung up. They clearly support their kids lying through their teeth and also, the mother of the one who claims he was beaten up by two older lads washed his clothes, twice, before handing them over to police to 'help' catch the assailants. With parents like that it is no wonder there is an increasing number of feral scum in Dublin.

I haven't read much other than headlines in the last couple of weeks, so I'm not up to speed on all the details; but surely no parent would believe that their 13 year old kid could rape someone and then bludgeon to death?
Wouldn't know how you'd react when it increasingly looks like they actually may have done it. I wouldn't be surprised if all rationality goes out the window.

That's not any kind of defence of the parents' behaviour, just musing about how the average person would handle it.

Exactly, so if your kid came home with blood soaked clothes and claimed to have been beaten up by two older boys, you would be inclined to believe him and maybe not wash them twice before handing them over to the police.

Hah, fair point!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:35 pm 

Without knowing all the facts of the case that are not yet in the public domain, I am very surprised that the two boys have not been advised by their lawyers to plead guilty early so that they perhaps would get allowance for that at the sentencing stage. *

*Allowing for innocent until proven guilty.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:37 pm 

Flametop wrote:
Without knowing all the facts of the case that are not yet in the public domain, I am very surprised that the two boys have not been advised by their lawyers to plead guilty early so that they perhaps would get allowance for that at the sentencing stage. *

*Allowing for innocent until proven guilty.

From what is in the public domain, it would appear that they have boy A bang to rights, what happens boy B at this stage is not so clearcut .

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:39 pm 

FFS lads there is an ongoing court case here, stop posting the result in advance

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:40 pm 

sewa wrote:
FFS lads there is an ongoing court case here, stop posting the result in advance

Do you want us to use spoilers?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:43 pm 

MrJonno wrote:
sewa wrote:

No, I think the defence is very likely to say we are not having a fair trial because of what is in the internet chat rooms, media etc so a bit of common sense would help.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:44 pm 

sewa wrote:

I stated my opinion, not a verdict.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:45 pm 

sewa wrote:
MrJonno wrote:
sewa wrote:

No, I think the defence is very likely to say we are not having a fair trial because of what is in the internet chat rooms, media etc so a bit of common sense would help.

You don't really understand what you are talking about.

Last edited by MrJonno on Tue May 21, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:46 pm 

sewa wrote:

This is all reported in national newspapers, you understand that yeah ?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:47 pm 

The Sun God wrote:
sewa wrote:

No one in the national newspapers has typed what you / flametop said above as they'd be sacked

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:47 pm 

The Sun God wrote:
sewa wrote:

But he is a few episodes behind and wants to catch up in his own way.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:48 pm 

No-one has made any absolute claims about any parties in the trial being guilty or otherwise.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:49 pm 

MrJonno wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
sewa wrote:

I read the papers and have my own opinion, I don't think putting it on the thread and potentially causing the site legal issues is very clever

sewa wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
sewa wrote:

No one in the national newspapers has typed what you / flametop said above as they'd be sacked

Where do you think I got the information there Wimpole ?

The Sun God wrote:
sewa wrote:

Just put the thing on ignore.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:50 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
No-one has made any absolute claims about any parties in the trial being guilty or otherwise.

What does ''bang to rights'' mean in Dublin because it must be different to the way I understand it

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:50 pm 

sewa wrote:
MrJonno wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
sewa wrote:

I read the papers and have my own opinion, I don't think putting it on the thread and potentially causing the site legal issues is very clever

You must have fked up opinion if yours could cause the site legal issues and you're right you should probably stay away if that is the case. The rest of us are fine though but thanks for looking out for everyone.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:51 pm 

sewa wrote:
MrJonno wrote:
sewa wrote:

Yeah they all check Planet Rugby for that stuff

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:53 pm 

sewa wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

What does ''bang to rights'' mean in Dublin because it must be different to the way I understand it

OK....delete 'bang to rights' and insert ' incontestable DNA evidence' instead.......

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:19 pm 

sewa wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

"It would appear". He's expressing his opinion based on available facts in the public domain, not making a judgement himself.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:31 pm 

The Sun God wrote:
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/significant-costs-racked-up-as-brothers-who-had-injury-claims-thrown-out-appeal-to-high-court-38133059.html

Another beauty of a judge with her head stuck firmly up her arse.

Huh? What's wrong with that? Security for costs on a High Court appeal isn't allowed normally.

Edit: Sub judice, lads, delete all that shíte.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:31 pm 

anonymous_joe wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/significant-costs-racked-up-as-brothers-who-had-injury-claims-thrown-out-appeal-to-high-court-38133059.html

Huh? What's wrong with that? Security for costs on a High Court appeal isn't allowed normally.

Why not

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:33 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:
The Sun God wrote:

Why not

Constitution.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:43 pm 

anonymous_joe wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:
The Sun God wrote:

Why not

Constitution.

:lol: stop it you’re killing me

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:05 am 

Duff Paddy wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:
The Sun God wrote:

Why not

Constitution.

:lol: stop it you’re killing me

This is the kind of idiotic nonsense that annoys me. There are terrible judges, there are vile bottom feeding lawyers et ectera.... these things/people exist. But apparently moronic statements trump rationality.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:19 am 

anonymous_joe wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:
The Sun God wrote:

Why not

Constitution.

Yeah..Where ?

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:48 am 

Due process.

You cannot arbitrarily deny somebody access to the courts. Security for costs is only usable against people (in the day to day sense) in extremis.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:19 am 

anonymous_joe wrote:
Due process.

You cannot arbitrarily deny somebody access to the courts. Security for costs is only usable against people (in the day to day sense) in extremis.

I would have thought that a couple of likely lads with an address at a UK halting site might qualify under your explanation... but WTF would I know.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:24 pm 

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/cou ... 44591.html

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:32 pm 

CM11 wrote:
https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/appalling-waste-of-time-man-who-claimed-he-was-humiliated-when-friends-bag-checked-in-shop-has-75k-damages-claim-dismissed-38144591.html

I don’t get it - AJ clearly told us that no solicitors would take such a case

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:35 pm 

CM11 wrote:
https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/appalling-waste-of-time-man-who-claimed-he-was-humiliated-when-friends-bag-checked-in-shop-has-75k-damages-claim-dismissed-38144591.html

Is there no punishment for bringing such a ridiculous case?

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:37 pm 

Possibly representing himself?

And yeah, there really has to be a risk involved if people want to play the lottery.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:38 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
CM11 wrote:

It’s exactly the shot to nothing that Axa were complaining about - any chancer can drag this into court, rack up huge legal bills, lose the case and then get off Scot free. Even if costs are awarded against them they simply won’t pay. But we can’t do anything about this scam because the legal profession say it would be unconstitutional

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:42 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
CM11 wrote:

Must be misreporting [ajmode]

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:49 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
CM11 wrote:

It’s exactly the shot to nothing that Axa were complaining about - any chancer can drag this into court, rack up huge legal bills, lose the case and then get off Scot free. Even if costs are awarded against them they simply won’t pay. But we can’t do anything about this scam because the legal profession say it would be unconstitutional

If the claimant doesn't pay it's surely the legal team that took his case on the hook?

You need to outlaw the no win no fee legal element though.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 3:46 pm 

They are not on the hook for AXA's fees. I had a serial litigator for a neighbour. Paid fudge all out ever when he lost. It was like he lived in a parallel universe to the rest of us. House's in wifes and childrens names ètc. How the fudge his own legal teams didn't realise they were going to get stitched up spoke to the old boys network having broken down...or they don't give a shit

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 4:32 pm 

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-a ... -1.3903300

This lad must have been representing himself as well, surely no solicitor would take the case.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 5:12 pm 

That another one of those where the damages could be up to 60k, but reported as a 60k claim?

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 5:13 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
That another one of those where the damages could be up to 60k, but reported as a 60k claim?

It's how they do it all the time. It's infuriating.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127 ... 129  Next