Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 777, 778, 779, 780, 781, 782, 783 ... 831  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:21 pm 

No replay of the rudiger challenge on Suarez? Hoddle seems to think it's a penalty.

Tangle of legs would have been harsh but could have been given. No matter anyway as Messi scored off the Chelsea mistake.

Last edited by earl the beaver on Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:22 pm 

MaccTaff wrote:
Sefton wrote:
Tough, he’s a plum so I treat him as I find him.

Try something more imaginative. Trolling a man’s cancer. FFS.

I only mentioned it to the bored as a warning to check yourself regularly for irregularities as I had no idea I had cancer. Basically I was lucky and it'll be 6 years in remission in March.

The irony of bored lint like Sefton judging others as plums whilst trolling their condition following treatment for cancer is quite pitiful but not unexpected.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:37 pm 

Chips wrote:
MaccTaff wrote:
Sefton wrote:

I only mentioned it to the bored as a warning to check yourself regularly for irregularities as I had no idea I had cancer. Basically I was lucky and it'll be 6 years in remission in March.

The irony of bored lint like Sefton judging others as plums whilst trolling their condition following treatment for cancer is quite pitiful but not unexpected.

Not commenting on the above and I hope you are well :thumbup:
However aren't you Shoot on Sight?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:40 pm 

Chips wrote:
MaccTaff wrote:
Sefton wrote:

Racist twats like yourself are below contempt.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:41 pm 

Do you feel over-matched c69?

Take succour in your ignorance.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:44 pm 

Sefton wrote:
Racist twats like yourself are below contempt.

You really should stop making stuff up. The search function is there, quote the racist stuff. Should be easy for a man with your determination.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:45 pm 

Chips wrote:

You are not Shoot on Sight?
If I am wrong I apologise, you have posted nothing atm to be banned for again however I think because you have questioned me and tried to acall me out we must ask the mods s I am in a tizzy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:45 pm 

Grimly efficient stuff by Barca. Shame Chelsea didn't take their chances, would've made the away leg more interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:47 pm 

c69 wrote:
Chips wrote:

If I am wrong I apologise, you have posted nothing atm to be banned for again however I think because you have questioned me and tried to acall me out we must ask the mods s I am in a tizzy

A tizzy? You poor lamb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:47 pm 

JM2K6 wrote:
Grimly efficient stuff by Barca. Shame Chelsea didn't take their chances, would've made the away leg more interesting.

Yip we are fecked. Willian the postman knocked twice and delivered once more :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:03 pm 

c69 wrote:
Chips wrote:

You are not wrong.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29730&hilit=Toga+sos&start=840

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:11 pm 

Plucky little Chels single-handedly leading the fight against financial doping. A true underdog.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:48 am 

Credit where its due Chelsea have a pretty decent record v Barcelona especially at Stamford Bridge...... Only time I recall them being beaten at SB by Barca was the old Del Horno send off game back in '06.

Think its 3-2 FCB over 5 ties in the CL.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:00 am 

FA have cleared Firmino over the Holgate incident.
No action against Holgate either.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:21 am 

Watched the Sevilla - Man U game last night. Pogba is utterly useless. Paying £90m for that is a joke.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:26 am 

Barça are not the same team at all since Neymar left. He might not have been a culé favourite, but he gave the team an outlet for the counter, a degree of pace and variety of scoring. That helped draw teams out of the box and opened up the game for the others.

As it is, Valverde is trying to replicate delivery from the left with Alba. Great player as Alba is, he's a FB/WB who is covering huge distances and doesn't have the attacking threat Ney did.

Messi is now playing more centrally and so there's not much coming from the right side either.

Barca love to pass it up to the goal line, but good defensive teams are just packing the box. They know that there's only really Rakitic who shoots from outside and even that's an increasing rarity, so they can just sit back and defend the box.

Messi is so good he can still find gaps, so Barca are still scoring some goals. But they're finding teams harder and harder to break down and without Messi they would be fairly ordinary for a top ECL side.

They've struggled against powerhouses like Espanyol (twice), Getafe, Eibar recently and the Chelsea game was a perfect example of how they lack a plan B when plan A isn't working.

They either need more pace to break when they turn over possession in their half or an outside shooting threat to draw defenses out. With Neymar they had both.

Paulinho has shown glimpses of being a box to box guy who can make them more direct, but Valverde doesn't want him playing like that and he's slowly regressing with this unnatural game for him.
Andre Gomes is really talented and should be an asset but he has a pea-sized heart and teammates don't trust him. Deulofeu was shipped out after a few games because - surprise surprise - tikitaka isn't his natural game.

Coutinho will help massively, except he is cup-tied for Europe. Dembélé could also help, if the coach would ever trust him to start a game. He must be a poor trainer. In Europe, I would start Nelson Semedo at the back and push Sergi Roberto up.

But this is just a sticking plaster on a big wound for Barca. They don't have variation to their game and defences are figuring out how to corral them.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:31 am 

7 points clear in the league, in the final of the Copa Del Rey and favourites to progress to the last 16 in Europe. A lot of doom and gloom given those standings Jezzer.

While yes, the attack has not been as good as when they had MSN and they are less direct than in Enrique's last season, when the midfield was often bypassed to get the ball to the front 3 as soon as possible, they are not playing tiki taka.

Rakitic is playing a much more disciplined role, which I think is a waste, but if Dembele is brought in (for Paulinho or Iniesta) I think there is an upside there, he's a kid with massive potential who is still trying to recover.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:33 am 

jezzer wrote:
Barça are not the same team at all since Neymar left. He might not have been a culé favourite, but he gave the team an outlet for the counter, a degree of pace and variety of scoring. That helped draw teams out of the box and opened up the game for the others.

As it is, Valverde is trying to replicate delivery from the left with Alba. Great player as Alba is, he's a FB/WB who is covering huge distances and doesn't have the attacking threat Ney did.

Messi is now playing more centrally and so there's not much coming from the right side either.

Barca love to pass it up to the goal line, but good defensive teams are just packing the box. They know that there's only really Rakitic who shoots from outside and even that's an increasing rarity, so they can just sit back and defend the box.

Messi is so good he can still find gaps, so Barca are still scoring some goals. But they're finding teams harder and harder to break down and without Messi they would be fairly ordinary for a top ECL side.

They've struggled against powerhouses like Espanyol (twice), Getafe, Eibar recently and the Chelsea game was a perfect example of how they lack a plan B when plan A isn't working.

They either need more pace to break when they turn over possession in their half or an outside shooting threat to draw defenses out. With Neymar they had both.

Paulinho has shown glimpses of being a box to box guy who can make them more direct, but Valverde doesn't want him playing like that and he's slowly regressing with this unnatural game for him.
Andre Gomes is really talented and should be an asset but he has a pea-sized heart and teammates don't trust him. Deulofeu was shipped out after a few games because - surprise surprise - tikitaka isn't his natural game.

Coutinho will help massively, except he is cup-tied for Europe. Dembélé could also help, if the coach would ever trust him to start a game. He must be a poor trainer. In Europe, I would start Nelson Semedo at the back and push Sergi Roberto up.

But this is just a sticking plaster on a big wound for Barca. They don't have variation to their game and defences are figuring out how to corral them.

Barcelona are winning the league by miles. In contrast, they finished second last season with Neymar in the team. How can you say that Barca aren't as good now?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:40 am 

Valverde has made Barca consistent. Everyone struggles to create against packed defenses. That's why teams do it. Paulinho is a workhorse. He can get goals because he is good at arriving in the box at the right time but is not a creative player and no one ever thought he was.

Barca don't need to be as good as they were back in the Pep days, they just need to be better than most teams in their league. Getting that back from Real is their target.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:43 am 

terryfinch wrote:
Watched the Sevilla - Man U game last night. Pogba is utterly useless. Paying £90m for that is a joke.

Their whole approach to that game was awful.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:45 am 

None of Madrid, Atlético, Sevilla are playing with any kind of consistent quality. Neither Atleti or Villareal are at that level. Barca have it this year by default. Atlético have finally gotten their shit together and are prob playing the best stuff in La Liga, but they won't make up for their very poor start.

Don't be fooled by the table. Barca are not playing well, by their lofty standards.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:57 am 

SASP wrote:
Valverde has made Barca consistent. Everyone struggles to create against packed defenses. That's why teams do it. Paulinho is a workhorse. He can get goals because he is good at arriving in the box at the right time but is not a creative player and no one ever thought he was.

Barca don't need to be as good as they were back in the Pep days, they just need to be better than most teams in their league. Getting that back from Real is their target.

It seems you're agreeing with me on Paulinho. He's not being played to his strengths and his form is regressing. He's now either not being started or being hauled ashore after 60 mins. If they would let him be the direct box-to-box guy he was in his early few games, things might be different.

Barca are only better than the other teams in the league because they have regressed less than Madrid, Atlético and Sevilla. I'm not laying all this at Valverde's door, but their offensive struggles lately are there for everyone to see and they don't even try alternative tactics. Their defence is keeping them in it. Alba, Ter Stegen, Cilessen, Umtiti, Pique and Busquets are world class defenders. Rakitic is having his best season, defensively speaking.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:59 am 

The table is ultimate marker.

Barca may appear less creative than last year but they are a better overall team.

Barca are struggling in attack probably as they are tiring. They've had a huge fixture list. They might not be able to rotate in Europe but Big Phil and Dembele will play more now in the league to take the pressure of the stars.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:17 pm 

SASP wrote:

Barca may appear less creative than last year but they are a better overall team.

You're choosing to ignore that none of their table rivals played well in the first half of the season.

Barca are playing brilliantly in defence. Better than they ever have. I'm criticising their lack of an alternative offensive tactic when their tiki-taka approach (yes, Earl, that's what it is) isn't working.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:37 pm 

terryfinch wrote:

I would jump at the chance to offload him for anything above 50 million. However that would mean Jose admitting he f**ked this one up and taking it on the chin. That's very unlikely to ever happen.

I just don't understand his function. He is a luxury and not a very good one at that. The move is to dump him this summer, admit a mistake a sign a top level replacement.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:39 pm 

Rumham wrote:
terryfinch wrote:

I would jump at the chance to offload him for anything above 50 million. However that would mean Jose admitting he f**ked this one up and taking it on the chin. That's very unlikely to ever happen.

I just don't understand his function. He is a luxury and not a very good one at that. The move is to dump him this summer, admit a mistake a sign a top level replacement.

He'd be perfect for Arsenal. You can have Xhaka it Ramsey in another swap deal.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:44 pm 

jezzer wrote:
None of Madrid, Atlético, Sevilla are playing with any kind of consistent quality. Neither Atleti or Villareal are at that level. Barca have it this year by default. Atlético have finally gotten their shit together and are prob playing the best stuff in La Liga, but they won't make up for their very poor start.

Don't be fooled by the table. Barca are not playing well, by their lofty standards.

Still disgaree. Barca are unbeaten this season, minus a loss at Espanyol in one leg of the Copa. They are playing extremely well. And this is from someone who hates them.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:12 pm 

jezzer wrote:
SASP wrote:

You're choosing to ignore that none of their table rivals played well in the first half of the season.

Barca are playing brilliantly in defence. Better than they ever have. I'm criticising their lack of an alternative offensive tactic when their tiki-taka approach (yes, Earl, that's what it is) isn't working.

It really isn't tiki-taka

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:17 pm 

Rumham wrote:
terryfinch wrote:

Let's get this clear, Pogba's performance for Juventus show he is clearly a very, very good player. However, he chose to chase the money and move back to Man Utd despite knowing he was unlikely to fit into Mourinho's system unless he was either pushed further forward or had to sit back.

In some games where he has had more freedom he has shown what he can do. With the signing of Sanchez he's now being forced to play deeper to fit him in the team, something that doesn't work.

Don't get me wrong, he's clearly got issues and his positional discipline isn't good enough and his defensive awareness isn't great so he's always going to struggle when pushed back, and to a degree those failing will always be an issue but at Juventus they showed that if you play him in a midfield three you can cover for those weaknesses and get the best out of him.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:43 pm 

Mourinho, according to Hazard doesn't coach the attackers. He sets the team shape and organization and expects the forwards to take care of themselves.

He doesn't have a plan for the forwards.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:13 pm 

Arsenal go through despite losing 2-1. Never understand Arsenal win 3-0 out there and lose 2-1 at home, do they have one eye on Sunday's final?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:31 pm 

Are AC Milan still shite?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:25 pm 

Barca with Dembélé, Semedo and Coutinho un the side a completely different team. Much more direct, much more successful.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:01 am 

Just bumping because with the cricket just finished this is the only result that has gone my way this weekend,

fudge you, Anon. 4-1.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:22 pm 

Liverpool up to 2nd for the time being. Man Utd v Chelsea to come. I'm expecting a 3-3.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:53 pm 

Harry Kane - most complete striker in the world right now

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:38 pm 

DragonKhan wrote:
Harry Kane - most complete striker in the world right now

I'd have Suarez over without a second thought/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:48 pm 

Lukaku scores against a big club. :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
Lukaku scores against a big club. :shock:

Has to happen at some time. United should have scored earlier. Willian is on fire atm I loved his strike.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:00 pm 

DeGea beaten at his near post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 777, 778, 779, 780, 781, 782, 783 ... 831  Next