Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29688 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 673, 674, 675, 676, 677, 678, 679 ... 743  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:12 pm 

Barca are no angels or anything but the politics in Madrid are filthy when it comes to Real.

The local government re-zoned their old training ground and then sold it, which Real got a cut of that amounted to €480 million, which in a coincidence was enough to service their debts. Then as thanks for allowing the council to sell the land they gave them new land outside the city 10 times larger than the old one.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:38 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
SASP wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
Watch the presiding judge take an entirely different approach to it than the Messi case because he's not running for office in Madrid despite the fact it's over 3 times what Messi got done for.

I was expecting the King of Spain to step in to protect Real.

Wouldn't put it past them.

In the Messi case the prosecutor, following initial hearings, recommended no charges against Messi with his father and accountant charged instead.

The judge, who just happens to be planning to run for office in Madrid and be a Madrid fan, instead decided to charge Messi and his father.

Oh my lord :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:25 pm 

Earl can be off the wall now and again but he's not wrong there.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:13 pm 

Straight red in a friendly.

Bit extreme?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:27 am 

SASP wrote:

JM has decided that anything I post about football is to be laughed at apparently.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:18 am 

earl the beaver wrote:
SASP wrote:

JM has decided that anything I post about football is to be laughed at apparently.

Everything you post about football is so insanely partisan it deserves mockery.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:21 am 

JM2K6 wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
SASP wrote:

What about the post you laughed at is untrue?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:24 am 

earl the beaver wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
SASP wrote:

You started off with a colossal partisan whinge about the Messi case and then followed it up with the most one-eyed interpretation of what happened. You literally cannot resist making everything and anything about your creepy obsession with a foreign football team and its players.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:28 am 

JM2K6 wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
SASP wrote:

You started off with a colossal partisan whinge about the Messi case and then followed it up with the most one-eyed interpretation of what happened. You literally cannot resist making everything and anything about your creepy obsession with a foreign football team and its players.

What about the post was untrue?

Prosecutor recommended no charges against Messi.

Judge decided to charge him who just happens to want to run for office in Madrid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:32 am 

earl the beaver wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:

What about the post was untrue?

Prosecutor recommended no charges against Messi.

Judge decided to charge him who just happens to want to run for office in Madrid

Because your framing of it is "prosecutor was correct, judge only overruled on the basis of connections to Madrid". It's conspiracy theory stuff. The prosecutor's recommendation was pretty dodgy to begin with. There's not even a glimmer of recognition that Barca players have been involved in some dodgy dealings, and Messi's claim of total ignorance is laughable (and no defence at all).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:41 am 

The States lawyer in the Messi case, dont know if thats the same as the prosecutor or not, used to work for Real Madrid for 6 years.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:45 am 

Yes, I know. That's not the point I was making.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:55 am 

JM2K6 wrote:

The point being that Earl is bat shit crazy when it comes to teams he supports. Yeah we know.

It wouldn't be hard to see conspiracy theories in the Messi case though. There are odd things like Messi paid the back tax and the 2million fine yet this Judge wanted jail time for him.

I dont think Messi was innocent but imagine how busy he is, I doubt he has that much time to orchestrate massive tax fraud. Just my thoughts on a weird case.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Ronaldo.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:55 am 

Strong start to a Wednesday morning this.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:57 am 

SASP wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:

The point being that Earl is bat shit crazy when it comes to teams he supports. Yeah we know.

It wouldn't be hard to see conspiracy theories in the Messi case though. There are odd things like Messi paid the back tax and the 2million fine yet this Judge wanted jail time for him.

I dont think Messi was innocent but imagine how busy he is, I doubt he has that much time to orchestrate massive tax fraud. Just my thoughts on a weird case.

Ah, the old 'I dunno how the tax system works' gambit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:58 am 

Anyone want to take bets on Liverpool's next signing?

Solanke doesn't count.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:00 am 

Crash_12 wrote:
SASP wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:

Ah, the old 'I dunno how the tax system works' gambit.

Shit it worked for Harry Redknapp.

Although I liked the Jimmy Carr defense of, I did nothing illegal, so f*ck off, while I make shit tonnes more money making jokes about this.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:00 am 

SASP wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:

My point is a) you can acknowledge the judge's ties to Madrid without instantly using it as proof that the whole thing is bent and a conspiracy against Barca, and b) Earl immediately started bawling his eyes out about Messi

I can't imagine too many scenarios where people would get away with massive tax fraud by claiming ignorance

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:02 am 

Proof that Jamie Redknapp reads this forum. Hi Jamie

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/622201/Liverpool-Virgil-van-Dijk-Jamie-Redknapp-Chelsea-Man-City-Southampton-rumours-gossip-news

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:02 am 

JM2K6 wrote:
SASP wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:

My point is a) you can acknowledge the judge's ties to Madrid without instantly using it as proof that the whole thing is bent and a conspiracy against Barca, and b) Earl immediately started bawling his eyes out about Messi

I can't imagine too many scenarios where people would get away with massive tax fraud by claiming ignorance

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:05 am 

earl the beaver wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
SASP wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:

£190k in a Monaco account vs Messi's millions...

But it's a fair comparison nonetheless. Everyone knows 'Arry is dodgy as fuck, and that HMRC screwed that up. He's a slimy, two-faced, dodgy dealing wheeler dealer who got away with it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:19 am 

Was that the account he had in his dogs name?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:23 am 

Yep.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:51 am 

SASP wrote:

Solanke doesn't count.

Probably someone obscure for ridiculous money

Can see them getting Van Dijk but I imagine it'll be on of those long drawn out signings

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:59 am 

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
SASP wrote:

Solanke doesn't count.

Can see them getting Van Dijk but I imagine it'll be on of those long drawn out signings

Which will annoy Klopp, he likes to get his players in early so they can be together for pre-season.

Mido (remember him) reckons Salah is going to Liverpool as soon as they sort out a price with Roma.
The other winger from Sporting they were linked with was to get Roma to drop their asking price.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:08 am 

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
SASP wrote:

Solanke doesn't count.

Pick a random name from the Southampton squad and you'll be probably right.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:10 am 

ScarfaceClaw wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
SASP wrote:

Solanke doesn't count.

Pick a random name from the Southampton squad and you'll be probably right.

Mo Salah.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:12 am 

Shane Long

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:12 am 

SASP wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
SASP wrote:

Solanke doesn't count.

Which will annoy Klopp, he likes to get his players in early so they can be together for pre-season.

Mido (remember him) reckons Salah is going to Liverpool as soon as they sort out a price with Roma.
The other winger from Sporting they were linked with was to get Roma to drop their asking price.

Rather get him late than never

yeah the other winger was a weird one, they offered crazy money for him too

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:14 am 

Southampton have nothing to complain about, just like they took 3 players from Celtic team, Davies from Rangers and Lallana from Bournemouth, richer clubs raid clubs with less money .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:14 am 

Diego wrote:
Shane Long

Klopp would love Shane Long

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:16 am 

SASP wrote:
Diego wrote:
Shane Long

He's brilliant at everything except kicking the ball.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:18 am 

SASP wrote:
Southampton have nothing to complain about, just like they took 3 players from Celtic team, Davies from Rangers and Lallana from Bournemouth, richer clubs raid clubs with less money .

Think that's pretty unfair

They've lost:

Lambert, Rodriquez, Clyne, Fonte, Chambers, Shaw, Mane, Lallana, Pelle (slightly different circumstances), Wanyama, Lovren, Schneiderlin, Puncheon, Boruc

Throw in Bale, Walcott and the Ox, and now potentially Van Dijk makes for pretty grim reading

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:19 am 

Diego wrote:
SASP wrote:
Diego wrote:
Shane Long

He's brilliant at everything except kicking the ball.

Klopp loves himself an athlete with a huge workrate.
Wouldn't even need to put him through massive amount of fitness work, just shooting practice.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:26 am 

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
SASP wrote:

They've lost:

Lambert, Rodriquez, Clyne, Fonte, Chambers, Shaw, Mane, Lallana, Pelle (slightly different circumstances), Wanyama, Lovren, Schneiderlin, Puncheon, Boruc

Throw in Bale, Walcott and the Ox, and now potentially Van Dijk makes for pretty grim reading

And they bought most of them from someone else.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:27 am 

Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
SASP wrote:

They've lost:

Tbf in that time period they've been in administration, screwed some creditors, been down to League One and currently have an owner who is being investigated by the German federal govt. If they got more right off the pitch maybe they could hold onto more players for longer.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:39 pm 

SASP wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
SASP wrote:

They've lost:

In fairness they're all academy kids come good.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:54 pm 

Diego wrote:
Shane Long

The mods were right to ban you.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:05 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
SASP wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
SASP wrote:

They've lost:

Yep. And most of those they did sign were a) very cheap and b) owe a lot to Saints for their development

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:12 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
SASP wrote:
Ulsters Red Hand wrote:
SASP wrote:

They've lost:

Why include Walcott in that list?

He's wasted the large portion of his career on the bench.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29688 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 673, 674, 675, 676, 677, 678, 679 ... 743  Next