Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35956 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 899  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:51 pm 

Jim Lahey wrote:
City will go out and spend another hundred million on new players on the basis of that draw!

When do these financial fair play laws come in by the way?

next season iirc?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:55 pm 

warriors wrote:
Bendtner is not an improvement on what Juve have already. Poor signing.

he is our 5th striker, good enough for that job

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:58 pm 

AND-y wrote:
Group A: Porto, Dynamo Kiev, Paris St Germain, Dinamo Zagreb.

Group B: Arsenal, Schalke, Olympiakos, Montpellier.

Group C: AC Milan, Zenit St Petersburg, Anderlecht, Malaga.

Group D: Real Madrid, Manchester City, Ajax, Borussia Dortmund.

Group E: Chelsea, Shakhtar Donetsk, Juventus, FC Nordsjaelland.

Group F: Bayern Munich, Valencia, Lille, BATE Borisov.

Group G: Barcelona, Benfica, Spartak Moscow, Celtic.

Group H: Manchester United, Braga, Galatasaray, CFR Cluj.

If I had to bet.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:59 pm 

Crawford. wrote:
Spanish, English, Dutch and German champions all in the same group. :lol: :shock:

I dont think they could have picked a hardest group

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:03 pm 

tanu wrote:
Crawford. wrote:
Spanish, English, Dutch and German champions all in the same group. :lol: :shock:

I dont think they could have picked a hardest group

If you replace Ajax with Juve then you have the Champions of the 4 top leagues. that is a murderers row. The two teams that come out should be more than battle ready for the knockout stages or have nothing left in the tank.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:07 pm 

I think City will beat Madrid at the Etihad.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:08 pm 

Barcas group is so so, MU with the pissweak group. Surely they cant fudge it up 2 years in a row.

Citys as everyone has said is the GOD, insanely tough.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:29 pm 

In your face City.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:25 pm 

Pepe the Clown!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAOGd0Un ... page#t=26s

Second match in a row now he's made a complete howler. Dodgy keeper.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:33 pm 

warriors wrote:
Pepe the Clown!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAOGd0Un ... page#t=26s

Second match in a row now he's made a complete howler. Dodgy keeper.

He's not the first keeper to spill a ball struck that hard, and he won't be the last. He's unlucky that it went in, but then Hearts were savagely unlucky last week to concede a late OG. The cross was overhit, beat the Liverpool forward, bounced off Webster and in. Nothing he could do to stop it.

I'm gutted now. We don't have a pot to piss in, and yet we've matched Liverpool over two legs. If it hadn't been for that bloody OG, we'd be in the groups now. And Liverpool had their first team out tonight.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:03 pm 

tanu wrote:
warriors wrote:

Apparently today he asked for the shirt number 10 :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The shirt that belonged to Platini, Zidane, Baggio and Del Piero :lol: :lol: :lol:
Guy comes in as a leftover to fill in the place of 5th striker and claims the number 10: gutsy or with a great sense of humour.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:05 pm 

tanu wrote:
tanu wrote:
warriors wrote:

Apparently today he asked for the shirt number 10 :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The shirt that belonged to Platini, Zidane, Baggio and Del Piero :lol: :lol: :lol:
Guy comes in as a leftover to fill in the place of 5th striker and claims the number 10: gutsy or with a great sense of humour.

He thinks he's the second best player behind Messi in the world today.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:41 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
He thinks he's the second best player behind Messi in the world today.

Conte will take good care of his ego

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:35 pm 

tanu wrote:
tanu wrote:
warriors wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Funniest shite I read all day.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:10 pm 

Falcao is a beast.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:22 pm 

Chelsea are dire :?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:31 pm 

3-0 Falcao :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:34 pm 

Good to see Chelski struggle.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:03 pm 

anonymous_joe wrote:
Good to see Chelski struggle.

mhhhh ... hopefully they'll play this crap in two weeks time ...

ps: honestly, Juve will put 5 or 6 in the net of this Chelsea

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:05 pm 

I know this is only a 'friendly' cup but this is horrifically embarrassing for Chelsea.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:08 pm 

warriors wrote:
I know this is only a 'friendly' cup but this is horrifically embarrassing for Chelsea.

they are threatening Juve's 9-2 vs PSG ....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:18 pm 

tanu wrote:
warriors wrote:

no

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:19 pm 

c69 wrote:
tanu wrote:
warriors wrote:

no

was joking, still bitter about the pisspreys?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:20 pm 

Makes a mockery of Deadtigers constant claim that there is no depth of quality in La Liga.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:24 pm 

tanu wrote:
c69 wrote:
tanu wrote:
warriors wrote:

no

was joking, still bitter about the pisspreys?

Not at all I thought they would lose by more, happy with a BP.
They were the better team and lost because the selection was poor. The back row was dire.
Enjoy your victory :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:27 pm 

Smee wrote:
Makes a mockery of Deadtigers constant claim that there is no depth of quality in La Liga.

In fairness Chelsea are only the sixth best team in England as per last years league table.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:28 pm 

Smee wrote:

It doesnt really. A mickey mouse friendly game likes this doesnt prove or make a mockery of anything. I would still concur that La Liga lacks depth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:29 pm 

warriors wrote:
Smee wrote:

In fairness Chelsea are only the sixth best team in England as per last years league table.

they are the european champions ....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:31 pm 

warriors wrote:
Smee wrote:

I've been reliably informed by Bill and others that Chelsea are the best side in Europe.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:44 pm 

warriors wrote:
Smee wrote:

They are 3/3 this season though which is a more relevant measure.

Quote:
It doesnt really. A mickey mouse friendly game likes this doesnt prove or make a mockery of anything. I would still concur that La Liga lacks depth

Well you'd be utterly wrong. Spain's 2nd tier elite sides are better than their English counterparts. Europa League performances of the last decade confirm this.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:51 pm 

Smee wrote:
Europa League performances of the last decade confirm this.

No, they really don't..

The disdain with which Spurs treated it last year was testament to the English sides' indifference to the tournament. Check out the side Newcastle put out recently for it.

It's hard to gauge the respective levels of the two middle orders but one things for sure, the Europa league is little use as a measure.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:56 pm 

TheBouncer wrote:
Smee wrote:

No, they really don't..

The disdain with which Spurs treated it last year was testament to the English sides' indifference to the tournament. Check out the side Newcastle put out recently for it.

It's hard to gauge the respective levels of the two middle orders but one things for sure, the Europa league is little use as a measure.

The excuses made for the EPL are just pathetic.

Spanish team beat English team in the Super Cup = Its just a Mickey Mouse friendly

Spanish teams win shitloads of Europa Leagues = The English sides don't take it seriously

Barca manshame United in the Champions League final TWICE = Spain is just a 2 team league.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:02 pm 

Smee wrote:
TheBouncer wrote:
Smee wrote:

No, they really don't..

Spanish team beat English team in the Super Cup = Its just a Mickey Mouse friendly

Spanish teams win shitloads of Europa Leagues = The English sides don't take it seriously

Barca manshame United in the Champions League final TWICE = Spain is just a 2 team league.

Good man..

So now I'm representing the EPL. I don't even support a side in it.

Now are you going to argue my point or pick a few more strawmen which I never addressed.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:24 pm 

warriors wrote:
Smee wrote:

In fairness Chelsea broke up that team but that was virtually their first choice defence.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:32 pm 

Knackerball

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:16 pm 

Smee wrote:
TheBouncer wrote:
Smee wrote:

No, they really don't..

It's as worthy as the Community Shield, DFB-Supercup, Supercoppa Italiana etc. Nice to win but losing won't leave you shaking with rage.

Which is right and obvious.

excuse?

I'd rather be watching the Bundesliga than either of those two leagues but that is a silly post. Compare the performances of Spanish and English sides in the CL. If it wasn't for Barcelona Spain's record in the CL would be very poor indeed over the past 8 years in contrast to the Premier League sides.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:03 am 

warriors wrote:

Fulham (your team, allegedly) got to the Final two years ago. Are you saying they didn't take the competition seriously?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:45 am 

Smee wrote:
warriors wrote:

Fulham (your team, allegedly) got to the Final two years ago. Are you saying they didn't take the competition seriously?

All teams prioritise and unless you are going to be a mid table side and have a decent size squad the Europa league is going to be down the agenda. Most side who make that comp are trying to get into the CL the following season. That was not the case with Fulham.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:39 am 

Anonymous wrote:
Smee wrote:
warriors wrote:

All teams prioritise and unless you are going to be a mid table side and have a decent size squad the Europa league is going to be down the agenda. Most side who make that comp are trying to get into the CL the following season. That was not the case with Fulham.

Spanish clubs are in the exact same boat, La Liga sides also want the cachet and the loot that comes with playing Champions League football.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:40 am 

Smee wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Smee wrote:
warriors wrote:

Spanish clubs are in the exact same boat, La Liga sides also want the cachet and the loot that comes with playing Champions League football.

That is why they take it more seriously, you ain't finishing better than 3rd in SPL Espana. Some Charity cup is your straw ok. I will find the stats, but I bet you if you take away, Spain's Big 2 and EPL's Big 2 (Man U and Arse) over the last 5-10 years what are the CL record of the league teams??

Even City didn't give a damn about it. Fulham but Europa up there because they were quickly out of the FA Cup, no one but Championship level teams care about the Carling cup, so they only had to fight a war on two fronts and they were in the top half of the table most of the EPL season so they made a go for Europe. I can assure you, if their EPL position started plummeting fast they would have not given a shite about Europa.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35956 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 899  Next