Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:49 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35950 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 872, 873, 874, 875, 876, 877, 878 ... 899  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 801
If anyone knows how a non club member could get a final ticket (that will gain admission), let me know...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 54188
iarmhiman wrote:
bimboman wrote:
What a dilemma!


Not really. Cheer for Spurs so they can get their 1st European Cup.



I’ll try, not sure it’s possible.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13743
c69 wrote:
Imagine if Arse and Chelski make it to the final.
If PL teams win both how does that effect European places next year?


https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47806720

Good precis here, albeit from before the semis.

Either way, Spurs Liverpool City and Chelsea are in. Spurs guaranteed because Liverpool are top 4. Arsenal could join them. 5 max, so 2 English winners doesn't help Utd fluke it, even if they finish 5th. Think Wolves could potentially get Europa but don't care enough to work it out.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2730
This week's results almost make me think that Watford can get a result in the cup final. Almost.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22119
RodneyRegis wrote:
c69 wrote:
Imagine if Arse and Chelski make it to the final.
If PL teams win both how does that effect European places next year?


https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47806720

Good precis here, albeit from before the semis.

Either way, Spurs Liverpool City and Chelsea are in. Spurs guaranteed because Liverpool are top 4. Arsenal could join them. 5 max, so 2 English winners doesn't help Utd fluke it, even if they finish 5th. Think Wolves could potentially get Europa but don't care enough to work it out.


So Spurs help Arsenal get in to the Champions league? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 10:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:22 pm
Posts: 2003
Location: Gogledd Cymru
eldanielfire wrote:
RodneyRegis wrote:
c69 wrote:
Imagine if Arse and Chelski make it to the final.
If PL teams win both how does that effect European places next year?


https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47806720

Good precis here, albeit from before the semis.

Either way, Spurs Liverpool City and Chelsea are in. Spurs guaranteed because Liverpool are top 4. Arsenal could join them. 5 max, so 2 English winners doesn't help Utd fluke it, even if they finish 5th. Think Wolves could potentially get Europa but don't care enough to work it out.


So Spurs help Arsenal get in to the Champions league? :lol:


No they don't. Only way Arsenal get in is if they win the Europa


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 10:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22119
P in VG wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
RodneyRegis wrote:
c69 wrote:
Imagine if Arse and Chelski make it to the final.
If PL teams win both how does that effect European places next year?


https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47806720

Good precis here, albeit from before the semis.

Either way, Spurs Liverpool City and Chelsea are in. Spurs guaranteed because Liverpool are top 4. Arsenal could join them. 5 max, so 2 English winners doesn't help Utd fluke it, even if they finish 5th. Think Wolves could potentially get Europa but don't care enough to work it out.


So Spurs help Arsenal get in to the Champions league? :lol:


No they don't. Only way Arsenal get in is if they win the Europa


:((


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 12:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:01 pm
Posts: 4365
Wendigo7 wrote:
Shout out To Dele Alli.

Been rubbish all season but tonight was excellent.


He was actually played in his best position is why!

Still grinning from ear to ear 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:40 pm
Posts: 4661
Location: Suffolk ba
Both Managers seem decent, likeable men (and actually Guardiola makes a third).

Makes SUCH a pleasant change from so many others


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2543
Fans getting gouged.
Bookings cancelled and prices rising a huge amount.

"Chris Anderson, a Liverpool fan, is on the verge of giving up trying to get there for a price he can afford. “I’ve tried every single flight route possible. I even considered getting a ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao. And I had an Airbnb booked but they cancelled on Wednesday morning and said the price had gone up to £1,000 per night.
Anderson had just been on hold to a travel company for 45 minutes only to be told that the price of the trip to Madrid via Malaga he had provisionally booked had risen from £266 to £1,200."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11627
https://www.facebook.com/Worldcupbanter ... 221144110/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11319
Location: Europe
why do brits think that gesture has the same meaning in the rest of the world ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 709
1st of June for a CL final is very late.

England play Holland on the 6th June...that's a tough gig for Southgate.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 54188
Glaston wrote:
Fans getting gouged.
Bookings cancelled and prices rising a huge amount.

"Chris Anderson, a Liverpool fan, is on the verge of giving up trying to get there for a price he can afford. “I’ve tried every single flight route possible. I even considered getting a ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao. And I had an Airbnb booked but they cancelled on Wednesday morning and said the price had gone up to £1,000 per night.
Anderson had just been on hold to a travel company for 45 minutes only to be told that the price of the trip to Madrid via Malaga he had provisionally booked had risen from £266 to £1,200."



They support a game where billionaires pay the participants millions a year. Tough.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11627
Akkerman wrote:
why do brits think that gesture has the same meaning in the rest of the world ?


He's an 11 year old kid. Not sure he cares!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 7333
Location: Leafy Cheshire (West)
pigsy wrote:
1st of June for a CL final is very late.

England play Holland on the 6th June...that's a tough gig for Southgate.


Who's in contention from Liverpool? 1? Spurs with a couple more


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34542
Akkerman wrote:
why do brits think that gesture has the same meaning in the rest of the world ?


Because it's 2019 and the world isn't a collection of disconnected states any more


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:30 pm
Posts: 12091
Frodder wrote:
pigsy wrote:
1st of June for a CL final is very late.

England play Holland on the 6th June...that's a tough gig for Southgate.


Who's in contention from Liverpool? 1? Spurs with a couple more


Van Dijk
Wijnaldum
Henderson
Trent
Gomez

Alli
Trippier
Kane
Winks?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:00 pm
Posts: 831
Rose
Dier?
Milner


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 10:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22119
In some more good English news, league attendances for The Championship and League's 1 and 2 are at a 60 year high :) :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48206875


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 10:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11319
Location: Europe
chelsea pretty lucky twice there


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 10:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:44 pm
Posts: 36025
Location: For Wales the Welsh and Leinster
No VAR

Meh


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 10:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11458
Kovacic is a very average player. Barkley is legitimately a better version of him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 10:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11319
Location: Europe
all english finals :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34542
Pedro is such fucking garbage. He's chipped in with some useful goals this season but he's an absolute fuckwit and after coming on today he gave the ball away virtually every time he touched it. Just absolutely useless.

Kovacic and Jorginho represent no threat whatsoever. I can understand Jorginho's existence in the team as the glue to keep them ticking over but he's not particularly good, and Kovacic is a worse version of him.

Loftus-Cheek and Barkley might get in each other's way but both have more drive, more vision, and more all-round ability than both of those two.

Higuain looked like the only time he's run recently is when a Deliveroo driver's gone to the wrong address, Hazard had 3 men on him at all times, Luiz was actually decent, Emerson was alright... very lucky to win that, Jovic is a bastard and I wish he was going to Chelsea. Kepa redeemed himself at least.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 801
Akkerman wrote:
all english finals :lol:
First ever lock-out, which is remarkable considering the run Spanish football has had.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22119
mabunch78 wrote:
Akkerman wrote:
all english finals :lol:
First ever lock-out, which is remarkable considering the run Spanish football has had.


Indeed. Though the Premiership can thank the mega deals it's got recently. Apparently Barcelona are one of the clubs who want some changes to the 2024 CL that basically make it a super league for top teams that is close to being walled off for other teams because of the fear of what the English league can generate.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 11:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:25 pm
Posts: 7333
Location: Leafy Cheshire (West)
Crash_12 wrote:
Frodder wrote:
pigsy wrote:
1st of June for a CL final is very late.

England play Holland on the 6th June...that's a tough gig for Southgate.


Who's in contention from Liverpool? 1? Spurs with a couple more


Van Dijk
Wijnaldum
Henderson
Trent
Gomez

Alli
Trippier
Kane
Winks?


Point of order. He said Southgate


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 12:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34542
eldanielfire wrote:
mabunch78 wrote:
Akkerman wrote:
all english finals :lol:
First ever lock-out, which is remarkable considering the run Spanish football has had.


Indeed. Though the Premiership can thank the mega deals it's got recently. Apparently Barcelona are one of the clubs who want some changes to the 2024 CL that basically make it a super league for top teams that is close to being walled off for other teams because of the fear of what the English league can generate.


Spurs have spent no money, Chelsea have spent a bit, Liverpool mostly spent the Coutinho money, Arsenal didn't massively overspend.

None of these clubs are Citeh or United


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 12:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2730
Meanwhile, a week out from the cup final the town of Watford is getting overexcited

Town Hall:

Image

Image

There's more going up around town & a big screen being put up in the massive park.

*IF* we win, it's going to be carnage :o


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 3:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22119
JM2K6 wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
mabunch78 wrote:
Akkerman wrote:
all english finals :lol:
First ever lock-out, which is remarkable considering the run Spanish football has had.


Indeed. Though the Premiership can thank the mega deals it's got recently. Apparently Barcelona are one of the clubs who want some changes to the 2024 CL that basically make it a super league for top teams that is close to being walled off for other teams because of the fear of what the English league can generate.


Spurs have spent no money, Chelsea have spent a bit, Liverpool mostly spent the Coutinho money, Arsenal didn't massively overspend.

None of these clubs are Citeh or United


I agree. But they have all been pretty big spenders compared with teams outside their leagues top 2. The ability toinvest in stadiums and bigger payroles are also helpful. The irony being Barcelona and Madrid are also significantly responsible for English teams being stronger financially these days due to their high level transfers to Spain's big two.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 9:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11458
Nabbed from elsewhere, looks like a tier 1 source is confirming the current situation at United:

Quote:
Leaks:

Lingard on thin ice. Work rate isn’t a problem, end product is. People at the club feel like he’s focusing on his brand rather than improving as a footballer and some are actually quite annoyed at him. Coaches are emphasising that he’s 26 and not in the same «young» bracket as Rashford, for example.
Sanchez. Proving hard to shift because of his wages. A swap deal seems the most likely, but not much happening yet.
Big summer upcoming. Mostly signings with potential, with a few senior heads.
Next season is being looked at as a transition season.
Daniel James. Close. It all happened quite quickly.
Koulibaly. Currently being worked on and making progress.


Koulibaly to United. :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 9:28 am
Posts: 608
In truth a player of Lingard's limited ability has no place in creating a "brand" of the back of being a semi-regular starter for one of England's biggest clubs.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 9:28 am
Posts: 608
As someone who would prefer Liverpool to win the title over City I'm going to be super happy in about 5 hours time. I can feel it in my loins.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 1:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Posts: 32718
Location: Planet Rock
JM2K6 wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
mabunch78 wrote:
Akkerman wrote:
all english finals :lol:
First ever lock-out, which is remarkable considering the run Spanish football has had.


Indeed. Though the Premiership can thank the mega deals it's got recently. Apparently Barcelona are one of the clubs who want some changes to the 2024 CL that basically make it a super league for top teams that is close to being walled off for other teams because of the fear of what the English league can generate.


Spurs have spent no money, Chelsea have spent a bit, Liverpool mostly spent the Coutinho money, Arsenal didn't massively overspend.

None of these clubs are Citeh or United

All of those clubs apart from Spurs have spent lots of money in recent years. One year where they have not spent that big isn't so important.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 1:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11458
Celtic getting spanked again by rangers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 3:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34542
Anonymous. wrote:
JM2K6 wrote:
Spurs have spent no money, Chelsea have spent a bit, Liverpool mostly spent the Coutinho money, Arsenal didn't massively overspend.

None of these clubs are Citeh or United

All of those clubs apart from Spurs have spent lots of money in recent years. One year where they have not spent that big isn't so important.


They haven't spent lots in recent years, most of those sides have had to sell off players to afford new ones. It's more like one year where they've been able to spend more freely than usual.

And compared to sides like City or United or Barca or Real or PSG or whoever, these teams are nowhere near, financially speaking.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 3:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 48591
Location: Dirty Leeds
It's happening sefton


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 34542
It's not happening Sefton


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 3:31 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 pm
Posts: 13250
Liverpool strong favourites as they are at home


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35950 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 872, 873, 874, 875, 876, 877, 878 ... 899  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 18ChinsOfChinatown, 749a, BBB, camroc1, capt hurricane, croyals, Denirostaxidriver, doodles.dude, eugenefraxby, Farva, flaggETERNAL, Flametop, Google Adsense [Bot], Gordon Bennett, Jay Cee Gee, Lenny, mr flaps, number6, Risteard, Seez, Shrekles, Slim 293, Tuivasa, Wignu, Yourmother and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group