Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 899  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:39 pm 

Earl, I have said before if you are in La Liga, and not part of the big two you are playing for 3rd and Europe and hoping maximize your time on the stage there, those are the big games. In The EPL, you have 3 team that can win the title and another 4 or 5 fighting to get into Europe. It is a fight just to get into Europe, where as in La Liga everything seem pretty pre-ordained. We can agree that there have only been 3 or 4 league winners in each league over the last 10 years but you cannot tell me it is the same in Spain. But I am sure you will. La Liga is still a much better product version of the SPL (When it was Celtic and Rangers).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:45 pm 

Deadtigers wrote:
Earl, I have said before if you are in La Liga, and not part of the big two you are playing for 3rd and Europe and hoping maximize your time on the stage there, those are the big games. In The EPL, you have 3 team that can win the title and another 4 or 5 fighting to get into Europe. It is a fight just to get into Europe, where as in La Liga everything seem pretty pre-ordained. We can agree that there have only been 3 or 4 league winners in each league over the last 10 years but you cannot tell me it is the same in Spain. But I am sure you will. La Liga is still a much better product version of the SPL (When it was Celtic and Rangers).

Really, three teams who can win the title? Who was the third last season? That side that finished 19 points behind?

Barca and Madrid are exceptional teams, the tier below them is not as good obviously but these same sides went out and made a mockery of the side that finished second and went far further in Europe than the side that finished first, the sides from 3 down in La Liga are at worst on a par with their equivilants in England just that the top two are just further ahead than the top two in England.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:48 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:

Really, three teams who can win the title? Who was the third last season? That side that finished 19 points behind?

Barca and Madrid are exceptional teams, the tier below them is not as good obviously but these same sides went out and made a mockery of the side that finished second and went far further in Europe than the side that finished first, the sides from 3 down in La Liga are at worst on a par with their equivilants in England just that the top two are just further ahead than the top two in England.

Chelski would be the obvious third team. 25 points behind the league winners but won the champions league

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:38 pm 

Fighting over the EPL and La Liga is like two bald men fighting over a comb. They're both boring leagues to watch.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:51 pm 

Barca v Madrid - Excellent to have this infuriating spectacle back again :thumbup:

Second half has been exciting stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:14 pm 

VALDES :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:20 am 

earl the beaver wrote:
Deadtigers wrote:

Don't Madrid and Barcelona normally dominate the Spanish league though. Arsenal may not have won the title recently but they have topped the league after February in recent seasons and Chelsea have challenged or won the league in every season up until last season. My guess is there will be at least 3 teams in the title race this season. Spain on the other hand will not only be a two horse race but those two will batter the fudge out of most teams.

I seem to remember some Barcelona supporters saying Spain had a better league by virtue of the fact Barcelona were European champions. I think those muppets should now be saying the premier league is better because a team who couldn't even get into the top 4 are now champions of Europe.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:22 am 

Italian Serie A kicks-off tomorrow night with Juventus-Parma.
I believe we will retain the Scudetto but we need to buy a striker that scores 20 goals to be competitive in the CL. Although we have lost Del Piero, the purchases in midfield have proved brilliant so far (Asamoah and Pogba) whilst Isla has been out injured all along. Giovinco has played shit and Juve have been lifted by Vucinic and Matri up front but that won't be good enough.

Nobody has mentioned that the Club that has spent the most in Europe, Paris SG, has not won a game yet!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:12 am 

tanu wrote:
I believe we will retain the Scudetto but we need to buy a striker that scores 20 goals to be competitive in the CL. Although we have lost Del Piero, the purchases in midfield have proved brilliant so far (Asamoah and Pogba) whilst Isla has been out injured all along. Giovinco has played shit and Juve have been lifted by Vucinic and Matri up front but that won't be good enough.

Nobody has mentioned that the Club that has spent the most in Europe, Paris SG, has not won a game yet!!!!

I said at the end of last season that Giovinco should stay at Parma.
Ah well I hope he does well for you but I just dont think Juve is the right place for him.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:12 pm 

SASP wrote:
tanu wrote:

Ah well I hope he does well for you but I just dont think Juve is the right place for him.

I agree entirely; I hope we sign LLorente but that dickhead of his president wants the full 36 millions. If he doesnt come down I'd wait till january and get him for free.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:12 pm 

SASP wrote:
tanu wrote:

I agree entirely; I hope we sign LLorente but that dickhead of his president wants the full 36 millions. If he doesnt come down I'd wait till january and get him for free.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:21 pm 

tanu wrote:
SASP wrote:
tanu wrote:

You do realise that 36m is pretty standard for a properly top class European striker at the minute, especially when you consider that Athletic have no need to to sell unlike Valencia did when they got rid of Villa etc.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:31 pm 

tanu wrote:
Although we have lost Del Piero, the purchases in midfield have proved brilliant so far (Asamoah and Pogba).

I watched the Supercoppa and Asamoah looks a good purchase as you say - scored a belting goal. I'm looking forward to seeing Pogba this season, I'm not sure exactly why things went wrong at Man U for him (behind the scenes) but it'll be intriguing to see how he goes in Serie A.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:32 pm 

Pogba's agent played the plum and demanded obscene money for his client. Something like 40 grand per week.

Though given his agent also played the plum when Pogba left Le Havre for Man Yoo, it wasn't a total surprise.

The most exciting league in Europe kicks off tonight with Dortmund vs Bremen, on ESPN. You can still get ESPN for free for three months if you haven't already.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:05 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
tanu wrote:
SASP wrote:
tanu wrote:

You do realise that 36m is pretty standard for a properly top class European striker at the minute, especially when you consider that Athletic have no need to to sell unlike Valencia did when they got rid of Villa etc.

paying 36 millions today for someone who'll cost zero in four months is idiotic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:19 am 

tanu wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:
tanu wrote:
SASP wrote:
tanu wrote:

paying 36 millions today for someone who'll cost zero in four months is idiotic

Llorente can be signed for free in 11 months, not 4, he can be approached in 4 months about moving but that doesn't mean he'll move in Jan.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:31 am 

warriors wrote:
Pogba's agent played the plum and demanded obscene money for his client. Something like 40 grand per week.

Though given his agent also played the plum when Pogba left Le Havre for Man Yoo, it wasn't a total surprise.

Oh, he wanted more money? Can't really be mad at the agent for that, its his job to get the most dough for the player. I think Man U poached him from Le Havre anyway so alls fair and all that.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:15 am 

earl the beaver wrote:
Llorente can be signed for free in 11 months, not 4, he can be approached in 4 months about moving but that doesn't mean he'll move in Jan.

He can sign a contract starting july 2013 from january. according to spanish paper "As" Llorente told Bilbao that they can sell him know to juve and get something (20 + bonus) or that he'll move next year for free.
Bilbao's presidente being a real cnut there, if he doesn release him he'll lose everything; wonder if he is bluffing or just a stubborn cretin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:18 am 

Apparently Bilbao's board are being plum in trying to portray Llorente as a traitor.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:21 am 

They are financially secure, they have no need to sell and selling Llorente would mean they need to find a Basque replacement, the board aren't being plum they simply understand that Llorente is the best striker they have available to them and as such want to keep him.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:40 pm 

earl the beaver wrote:
They are financially secure, they have no need to sell and selling Llorente would mean they need to find a Basque replacement, the board aren't being plum they simply understand that Llorente is the best striker they have available to them and as such want to keep him.

there is one little problem: he does not want to stay

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:51 pm 

tanu wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:

So? He is Bilbao's player. You want him before July 2013, you pay what they want.

He's not going to kick up a stink anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:19 pm 

Larry Murphy wrote:
tanu wrote:
earl the beaver wrote:

So? He is Bilbao's player. You want him before July 2013, you pay what they want.

He's not going to kick up a stink anyway.

Thats the thing Llorente will move if the fee that Bilbao want is met but at the same time he'll happily play through the season if it isn't, it's not like he'll do a Makelele and go on strike or anything stupid.

Bilbao aren't being plum here they hold all the cards.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:28 pm 

The board have put up banners within the stadium which are derogatory towards Llorente. That is being rather plum imo.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:47 pm 

Fiorentina-Udinese 2-1, jovetic scoring both goals for the viola
Juventus-Parma about to kick off

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:48 pm 

tanu wrote:

Shit away support from Parma. Used to love them back in the 90s when they had Zola

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:40 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
tanu wrote:

Shit away support from Parma. Used to love them back in the 90s when they had Zola

0-0 at half time, Vidal missed a penalty for Juve
Parma defended well for the first half hour, then started to crack under pressure in last 15 minutes
if we keep calm and play like the second part of the half, a goal will come

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:03 pm 

tanu wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
tanu wrote:

Parma defended well for the first half hour, then started to crack under pressure in last 15 minutes

Check out the rugby tanu... Argentina beating Saffaland. Atmosphere fantastic in Mendoza.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:17 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
tanu wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
tanu wrote:

Check out the rugby tanu... Argentina beating Saffaland. Atmosphere fantastic in Mendoza.

dont worry, zapping btw games ... and with Juve 2-0 up spending more time in Mendoza :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:38 pm 

Anybody watching the Barcelona game? Referee has completely screwed Osasuna over.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:11 pm 

warriors wrote:
Anybody watching the Barcelona game? Referee has completely screwed Osasuna over.

Didn't catch it. Did Song make his debut?

Last season all their games were freeview on the Catalan channel but apparently all La Liga games for Barca and Real are on Canal +, this year. Get on the gravy train lads!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:16 pm 

Ozil has just missed an open goal from six yards out :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:17 pm 

Jim Lahey wrote:
warriors wrote:

Didn't catch it. Did Song make his debut?

Last season all their games were freeview on the Catalan channel but apparently all La Liga games for Barca and Real are on Canal +, this year. Get on the gravy train lads!

Nah, Song stayed on the bench. Or at least I think he did, I switched over when Messi scored the second.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:33 pm 

Getafe 2-1 on RM, with 15 min to go :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:33 pm 

Akkerman wrote:
Getafe 2-1 on RM, with 15 min to go :lol:

:D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:50 pm 

La Liga all over after two games!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:19 pm 

And AC Milan lost at home to newly promoted Sampdoria :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:17 am 

PSG 3rd draw in 3 games :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

half a f**king billion spent :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:50 am 

Have Milan bought at all this summer? All I've heard is the players they've let go.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:56 pm 

Modric has joined Real for £30m.

So that's a midfield of Modric, Ozil and Alonso. Not bad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 899  Next