Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 522, 523, 524, 525, 526, 527, 528 ... 566  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:45 am
Posts: 6890
Torque yes I know what you're saying man and you're certainly right he's not the brightest makes bad decisions all that... but he really is fantastic under the high ball (despite, yes, being a "midget" :p ). I can't imagine the reason you're saying this is anything else but you seeing him miss a ball or two, very uncharacteristic anyways, he's got superb grip and a good vertical leap and superb timing. I've seen him make quite a few "offensive catches" that really counted. And again, you can't just discard his counter-attacking ability, yes this is modern Rugby but a guy who will beat defenders at every game, who'll wiggle out of tackles and can eat up that pitch with short little steps in a few seconds and can make a pass... that's valuable. Not saying he's infallible though.

Whether he'd make other Tier 1 sides ? Good question. Certainly, he doesn't fit the Schmidt Ireland style... but he'd bring a whole lot of attacking flair to a side like England where Mike Brown's been veryyyy ordinary, yes absolutely. He'd bring a lot today to a side like the Springboks with their running style instead of Coetzee.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7523
alors, parait qu'ils veulent mettre un autre fidjien à l'aile du XV de france ?

Ca devient n'imp tout ça, selection facebook-like etc. L'horreur.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:45 am
Posts: 6890
jolindien wrote:
alors, parait qu'ils veulent mettre un autre fidjien à l'aile du XV de france ?

Ca devient n'imp tout ça, selection facebook-like etc. L'horreur.

the hilarious (yes, by now it's absolutely hilarious) thing is they're still looking to improve the individual spots on the xv, like the problem is of course improving the spots for each position individually, that's the main problem right now and what's going to make this group into a team, one more great individual talent who plays iso-Rugby. French Rugby and the national team right now looks like this guy with a car in his garage, he keeps trying to improve it every month all sorts of ways and can't understand he sucks at racing because he's the shittiest driver there. Nothing to do with the car. It's obvious to everyone, but he can't see it. "Let's try, maybe uhm... new rims. Let's try new rims."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13067
jolindien wrote:
alors, parait qu'ils veulent mettre un autre fidjien à l'aile du XV de france ?

Ca devient n'imp tout ça, selection facebook-like etc. L'horreur.


Raciste


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4289
Quote:
Le Stade Français, Pau et Oyonnax sont donc les mauvais élèves de cette première partie de saison avec respectivement 13,1, 13,9 et 11,3 JIFF par match. Le Racing 92 est de son côté le club qui en a le plus aligné (17,2). En Pro D2, seul Bayonne ne respecte pas la feuille de route avec un peu moins de 14 JIFF par feuille de match.

Nul doute que les clubs en question devront réagir en deuxième partie de championnat, sous peine de voir la sanction tomber à l'issue de la saison.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1458
I still reckon he is a 6 and not a lock. Maybe i miss his contributions because the Fr pack has been mediocre. For me the correct balance is a hard bruiser with a more skilled guy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:45 am
Posts: 6890
Baille available for Toulouse:
https://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/top-14/2 ... tory.shtml

I hope he gets right back into rhythm over the next month. If he returns to even 80/85% his all-round capabilities from last year's form, he's still the best LHP in France. Ben Arous, Poirot, Pelo, Priso, Chaume...are good and all bring real purpose to Test Rugby but Baille is the best allround. If Baille can return to 2016 form, and Ben Arous to 2015 form, France have the best LHP duo in the world as far as I'm concerned, and Priso will be a VERY interesting piece in the pack by 2019.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 9:18 pm
Posts: 2504
Heymans wrote:
Quote:
Le Stade Français, Pau et Oyonnax sont donc les mauvais élèves de cette première partie de saison avec respectivement 13,1, 13,9 et 11,3 JIFF par match. Le Racing 92 est de son côté le club qui en a le plus aligné (17,2). En Pro D2, seul Bayonne ne respecte pas la feuille de route avec un peu moins de 14 JIFF par feuille de match.

Nul doute que les clubs en question devront réagir en deuxième partie de championnat, sous peine de voir la sanction tomber à l'issue de la saison.


Le deuxieme numero, ca veut dire quoi? Et le premiere, ca veut dire le numero de JIFF par feuille?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4190
Location: France
englishchief wrote:
Heymans wrote:
Quote:
Le Stade Français, Pau et Oyonnax sont donc les mauvais élèves de cette première partie de saison avec respectivement 13,1, 13,9 et 11,3 JIFF par match. Le Racing 92 est de son côté le club qui en a le plus aligné (17,2). En Pro D2, seul Bayonne ne respecte pas la feuille de route avec un peu moins de 14 JIFF par feuille de match.

Nul doute que les clubs en question devront réagir en deuxième partie de championnat, sous peine de voir la sanction tomber à l'issue de la saison.


Le deuxieme numero, ca veut dire quoi? Et le premiere, ca veut dire le numero de JIFF par feuille?


I assume it's because the French use a comma rather than a decimal point...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3916
Location: le Bayou
clementinfrance wrote:
englishchief wrote:
Heymans wrote:
Quote:
Le Stade Français, Pau et Oyonnax sont donc les mauvais élèves de cette première partie de saison avec respectivement 13,1, 13,9 et 11,3 JIFF par match. Le Racing 92 est de son côté le club qui en a le plus aligné (17,2). En Pro D2, seul Bayonne ne respecte pas la feuille de route avec un peu moins de 14 JIFF par feuille de match.

Nul doute que les clubs en question devront réagir en deuxième partie de championnat, sous peine de voir la sanction tomber à l'issue de la saison.


Le deuxieme numero, ca veut dire quoi? Et le premiere, ca veut dire le numero de JIFF par feuille?


I assume it's because the French use a comma rather than a decimal point...

Or is he talking about these numbers?

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4190
Location: France
Quote:
Or is he talking about these numbers?


Yep.

We both were. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 9:18 pm
Posts: 2504
clementinfrance wrote:
englishchief wrote:
Heymans wrote:
Quote:
Le Stade Français, Pau et Oyonnax sont donc les mauvais élèves de cette première partie de saison avec respectivement 13,1, 13,9 et 11,3 JIFF par match. Le Racing 92 est de son côté le club qui en a le plus aligné (17,2). En Pro D2, seul Bayonne ne respecte pas la feuille de route avec un peu moins de 14 JIFF par feuille de match.

Nul doute que les clubs en question devront réagir en deuxième partie de championnat, sous peine de voir la sanction tomber à l'issue de la saison.


Le deuxieme numero, ca veut dire quoi? Et le premiere, ca veut dire le numero de JIFF par feuille?


I assume it's because the French use a comma rather than a decimal point...


Ah, that explains it. Completely forgot about their bizarre practices regarding commas and decimal points.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13067
So Noves will be fired and the French team will win the 6N but Dork is not celebrating?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13067
Are!!! Makes me laugh! Brunel will take over with the support of.... Galthie :lol:

Boudjelal can always rely on his old friend Laporte to help him out of trouble.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:15 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24695
Location: SOB>Todd
Just popping in to ask because I'm curious, what's French School's rugby like?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20029
Location: balbriggan
Floppykid wrote:
Just popping in to ask because I'm curious, what's French School's rugby like?

non existent.

Our sport Education has a different aim : expose kids to as many sports as possible.

You can then join a club if you want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:44 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24695
Location: SOB>Todd
Laurent wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Just popping in to ask because I'm curious, what's French School's rugby like?

non existent.

Our sport Education has a different aim : expose kids to as many sports as possible.

You can then join a club if you want.

Really? So French youth rugby is based entirely off of clubs?
I guess if it works, fair enough.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20029
Location: balbriggan
Floppykid wrote:
Laurent wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Just popping in to ask because I'm curious, what's French School's rugby like?

non existent.

Our sport Education has a different aim : expose kids to as many sports as possible.

You can then join a club if you want.

Really? So French youth rugby is based entirely off of clubs?
I guess if it works, fair enough.

All our sports follow this. bigger clubs scout the smaller ones ...

It has to do with a different view on sport. To be fair it does work


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:45 am
Posts: 6890
*slow motion x0.25, distorted voice low pitched*
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....nnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!! ! !! !!!!! !!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! ...

http://www.minutesports.fr/index.php/20 ... lon-bleus/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13067
:lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6687
Location: Somewhere beyond the sea...
TheFrog wrote:
Are!!! Makes me laugh! Brunel will take over with the support of.... Galthie :lol:

Boudjelal can always rely on his old friend Laporte to help him out of trouble.


Quelle bande de baltringues. Dépouiller 2 clubs de leurs entraîneurs en cours de saison... bravo. Ceci dit quand on voit les résultats de Brunel avec l'UBB... :lol: il n'a rien montré ici. Ah pardon on me dit que Noves parti tout sera résolu. Ouf me voici rassuré.

Laporte, quelle pourriture ce type. Vivement qu'un juge l'envoie au trou. x(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35093
Location: Hut 8
Floppykid wrote:
Laurent wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Just popping in to ask because I'm curious, what's French School's rugby like?

non existent.

Our sport Education has a different aim : expose kids to as many sports as possible.

You can then join a club if you want.

Really? So French youth rugby is based entirely off of clubs?
I guess if it works, fair enough.

It's an historic thing harking back to de Coubertin and the adoption of the playing fields of England which then led to the Olympics etc: fitness, discipline et al with the intention of an effective army.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:45 am
Posts: 6890
rumors it won't be Galthié after all but either someone (else) from Toulon or someone from Clermont. What I'm getting out of all the media coverage is: Brunel headcoach, Azéma backs/attack coach.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4190
Location: France
Dork Lard wrote:
rumors it won't be Galthié after all but either someone (else) from Toulon or someone from Clermont. What I'm getting out of all the media coverage is: Brunel headcoach, Azéma backs/attack coach.


I hope Azema stays at ASM, for his sake and the sake of the club.

You would have to be mental/desperate/good buddies with the president of the FFR to take a positon with ths XV de France at the moment.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13067
clementinfrance wrote:
Dork Lard wrote:
rumors it won't be Galthié after all but either someone (else) from Toulon or someone from Clermont. What I'm getting out of all the media coverage is: Brunel headcoach, Azéma backs/attack coach.


I hope Azema stays at ASM, for his sake and the sake of the club.

You would have to be mental/desperate/good buddies with the president of the FFR to take a positon with ths XV de France at the moment.


If they fecking nick Azéma from ASM, I would be pretty pissed off, especially given the injury toll already affecting the club. It is hard enough to play without fly-half, having also lost Raka and Penaud now. But if you had the loss of the head coach on top, this will make the season really hard for the club.

And yes, I hope Azéma is wise and doesn't ruin his career moving into the French staff.

Why don't they turn to Collazo? He does a good job at La Rochelle? Or Vern Cotter?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20029
Location: balbriggan
TheFrog wrote:
clementinfrance wrote:
Dork Lard wrote:
rumors it won't be Galthié after all but either someone (else) from Toulon or someone from Clermont. What I'm getting out of all the media coverage is: Brunel headcoach, Azéma backs/attack coach.


I hope Azema stays at ASM, for his sake and the sake of the club.

You would have to be mental/desperate/good buddies with the president of the FFR to take a positon with ths XV de France at the moment.


If they fecking nick Azéma from ASM, I would be pretty pissed off, especially given the injury toll already affecting the club. It is hard enough to play without fly-half, having also lost Raka and Penaud now. But if you had the loss of the head coach on top, this will make the season really hard for the club.

And yes, I hope Azéma is wise and doesn't ruin his career moving into the French staff.

Why don't they turn to Collazo? He does a good job at La Rochelle? Or Vern Cotter?

To be honest I hope they get turned down by every one.

Laporte is poison.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4289
Laurent wrote:
TheFrog wrote:
clementinfrance wrote:
Dork Lard wrote:
rumors it won't be Galthié after all but either someone (else) from Toulon or someone from Clermont. What I'm getting out of all the media coverage is: Brunel headcoach, Azéma backs/attack coach.


I hope Azema stays at ASM, for his sake and the sake of the club.

You would have to be mental/desperate/good buddies with the president of the FFR to take a positon with ths XV de France at the moment.


If they fecking nick Azéma from ASM, I would be pretty pissed off, especially given the injury toll already affecting the club. It is hard enough to play without fly-half, having also lost Raka and Penaud now. But if you had the loss of the head coach on top, this will make the season really hard for the club.

And yes, I hope Azéma is wise and doesn't ruin his career moving into the French staff.

Why don't they turn to Collazo? He does a good job at La Rochelle? Or Vern Cotter?

To be honest I hope they get turned down by every one.

Laporte is poison.


Same here. J espere que tout le monde les envoie chier.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:45 am
Posts: 6890
clementinfrance wrote:
Dork Lard wrote:
rumors it won't be Galthié after all but either someone (else) from Toulon or someone from Clermont. What I'm getting out of all the media coverage is: Brunel headcoach, Azéma backs/attack coach.


I hope Azema stays at ASM, for his sake and the sake of the club.

You would have to be mental/desperate/good buddies with the president of the FFR to take a positon with ths XV de France at the moment.

Oh reading the majority virtue signaling posts out there on the net, I'm really absolutely positive the fans would have no problem giving up Azema, swapping for Noves in return. I know for a fact, based on what THEY'RE SAYING... they would love to see that happen. :thumbup:

I don't think you'd have to be mental to take on the job clement I think you just need to be competent at your job. How would I welcome the opportunity of going a place where others have done a very very bad job, where I've got well enough over what I need at my disposal to produce the sort of quality product I want to produce, and where the expectations are so low they're in fact at ground level where if I just do merely a fine job I'd be welcomed as a hero from an *entire Rugby-starving nation* ? It's the best deal in world Rugby currently: if you're as bad as your predecessors, the good people understand and won't even hold you accountable for 95% of them, and if you just do alright, you're the next Jeanne D'Arc.
I would welcome it with wide open arms. No doubt. Although yes it's true, in my particular case, I'm a little bit mental... but besides that, I mean. Hmm.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7523
Au dernières nouvelles, je crois que c'est finalement Jupiter qui va s'occuper du merdier... comme du reste d'ailleurs. Quand on y pense, qui de mieux qu'un demi dieu aux réponses célestes pour le faire d'ailleurs ? Ptain, dans not' malheur, on a encore du bol d'être dans une de ces rares périodes de l'histoire où un être de lumière s'est présenté pour sauver l'homme : Bouddha, Djizeus... Jupiter.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35093
Location: Hut 8
Laurent wrote:
To be honest I hope they get turned down by every one.

Laporte is poison.

This. And this is also why Noves sold his soul. All he had left of value.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1591
OK, get the point about Bernie but as for the rest the ensemble is all soooo negative. I balme this thread for making me the same ;) .

Noves has been ridiculed as yesterday's man, over the hill and worse and yet his imminent sacking is not particularly welcomed. Indeed there is now a certain sympathy for the injuries which affected the squad for the autumn internationals.

A replacement such as Brunel could lead to enhanced pragmatism and even structure but his achievements, whilst reasonable, have not been outstanding since possibly the Colomiers days at the turn of the century. Younger replacements seem advised not to touch the poison chalice Regardless, it also seems that expectations are so low that French Coach is also the easiest job in the world.

When it comes to the Top 14, there are not enough French players regularly playing because of the imports and yet the prioritisation of the Top 14 and resulting exhaustion is often cited as a cause for the weak national team. The lack of junior players coming through is frequently cited as a problem and yet, meanwhile, for others the talent of the individuals available is not the problem but it is the prehistorical coaching.

I am not sufficiently knowledgeable to put my finger on what is holding back the national team but this side of the Chanel there seems to be a real pride and hunger to play for your country and, in England's case at least, to compete to even represent it.

In France, it seems you just turn up on the day almost because you have been picked "out of the blue". Correct me if I am wrong (I haven't checked) but the turnover and churning of players in the XV de France surely compares adversely to other tier 1 nations, certainly in the 6 Nations. This may be partly due to the attritional nature of the Top 14 but also to selection itself. It would be especially interesting to look at the variations in la charniere where admittedly at 10, there is (as ever) a scarcity of options at 10. For me it is Lopez or dieu qui sait. For all Clermont's injury problems at 10, I thought Toeva stepped up to the mark, out of nowhere, to offer a performance more acceptable than almost any French 10.

Back to the issue in hand. The sad fact is that becoming National Coach is not really the pinnacle it ought to be in France. My pick would've been Vern with Franck. Cotter has some experience now of managing a national team and an incomparable knowledge of the Top 14 amongst foreign coaches. It may have been better, in the medium term, to seek out such a dream team, allow it a crack at the next RWC, whilst also building for 2023. This may have meant allowing Noves to continue to the summer.

Brunel can surely only be a "caretaker" if there is any overdue ambition for le XV de France anywhere. Voila, je finis bien par me plaindre comme un vrai francais.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4190
Location: France
http://boucherie-ovalie.org/2016/10/11/philippe-saint-andre-passe-sur-le-grill/

The PSA inetrview on "La boucherie" was an excellent insight into the very real and quite ridiculous problems a XV de France manager is faced with.

Novès was certainly not the best choice as manager for the national team, but as with his predecessors he cannot take all the blame for the poor results.

Fitness and skills - Issues to do with fitness and skills are beyond the remit of the national coach and should be easy to resolve. So why don't TOP 14 clubs address this?
The type of rugby played in the TOP 14 is slowly evolving but the system needs to be changed in order for things to move more quickly. Maybe using the double bonus point system used in the English premiership?
Bringing through young talent should be FFR's top priority but it seems either incapable or incompetent regarding future generations. What is the answer?
A very good coach/manager would be the cherry on the cake. The ideal candidate probably doesn't exist, but I agree that someone like big Vern Cotter could be a very positive choice.

Despite the number of foreigners, lack of preparation time and the quantity of injuries, I believe we can improve by simply adressing the above issues.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4190
Location: France
Dork Lard wrote:
clementinfrance wrote:
Dork Lard wrote:
rumors it won't be Galthié after all but either someone (else) from Toulon or someone from Clermont. What I'm getting out of all the media coverage is: Brunel headcoach, Azéma backs/attack coach.


I hope Azema stays at ASM, for his sake and the sake of the club.

You would have to be mental/desperate/good buddies with the president of the FFR to take a positon with ths XV de France at the moment.

Oh reading the majority virtue signaling posts out there on the net, I'm really absolutely positive the fans would have no problem giving up Azema, swapping for Noves in return. I know for a fact, based on what THEY'RE SAYING... they would love to see that happen. :thumbup:

I don't think you'd have to be mental to take on the job clement I think you just need to be competent at your job. How would I welcome the opportunity of going a place where others have done a very very bad job, where I've got well enough over what I need at my disposal to produce the sort of quality product I want to produce, and where the expectations are so low they're in fact at ground level where if I just do merely a fine job I'd be welcomed as a hero from an *entire Rugby-starving nation* ? It's the best deal in world Rugby currently: if you're as bad as your predecessors, the good people understand and won't even hold you accountable for 95% of them, and if you just do alright, you're the next Jeanne D'Arc.
I would welcome it with wide open arms. No doubt. Although yes it's true, in my particular case, I'm a little bit mental... but besides that, I mean. Hmm.


This is where I disagree, the dice are loaded against the XV de France because of the current system. This is not a good starting point.

mmm... I don't believe taking a job were you know you will have some serious handicaps compared to your English/Irish/Welsh etc... counterparts to be a good deal.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:45 am
Posts: 6890
clementinfrance wrote:
taking a job were you know you will have some serious handicaps compared to your English/Irish/Welsh etc... counterparts to be a good deal.[/color]

completely disagree. The coaches there are the best in the world: Eddie Jones, Joe Schmidt, and say what you want about Gatland but he's still amongst the better ones. For the first two, England and Ireland, it's a terribly ambitious enterprise because the expectations are out the roof, now England can only win every single 6N til the WC where they'll need to at least make the final at very very very least, whereas Ireland are also expected to be 1st or 2nd at the 6N and to do better than usual at the WC while being ruthless at every game at home in Dublin. And those results are only being achieved because they have, indeed, two of the Top 3 coaches in the world. Ask S.Lancaster, please, how his was the "best deal", you'll both laugh all afternoon continuously.

There are NO EXPECTATIONS in the country here where there is PLENTYYYYY of talent and abundant untapped potential. It's a gold mine, France. It would take minimal but serious work to turn it all around and people would think the man doing that is a genius, when he's merely in fact doing decent work.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35093
Location: Hut 8
LaR: so much of what they do is smart but where TF does Ranger fit in? Same as every place he has been: stupid, lazy and a poor defender.

Goillot in the Parra line of SHs: slows everything down and pre-meditates what direction the ball is going. Has actually made LaR look less dangerous and they are playing against 14.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:45 am
Posts: 6890
"Franck Azéma va décrocher un énorme JACKPOT en équipe de France !"
http://www.minutesports.fr/index.php/20 ... de-france/

I must say, I'm liking what Laporte is doing atm. If you're going to surround an experienced headcoach with the technicians that'll instill shape and structure into the team's Rugby, then you might as well have the only currently available Test-experienced French coach. He's old school, and what's more old school French - and so that puts him in a second category by default. But if you just bear in mind that he's coached two different national teams, and if you threw in Azéma as attack coach who'd accumulate international experience, as a solution in the meantime before the latter becomes the France headcoach post-2019...that's an AMAZING turnaround vs keeping Noves and Dubois/Bru for two more horrific grueling years.

Hopefully they get Azema, and they do something similar to what I'd proposed off the top of my head: take the Clermont team, and just replace some of the pieces like Fritz Lee by Picamoles, Abendanon by Thomas... Azema could find a balance where he's basically working with his own team only in a Test setting, and Clermont >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> XV de France of the past 2 years.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1458
So now someone like Para will become an annoying selection over Dupont whereas with Noves it was Doussin.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13067
FFS Azema... As if ASM did not have any issues this season... if it is true that he leaves the ship before the end of the season, then he has lost my respect... I hope he negotiates at least an agreement to finish the season with the club, time for them to find a suitable coach.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21270
I know Clermont aren't in a good spot in the league however there is potential in that squad. Who is there that can step up? Same could be said for Bordeaux. They should be in the top 4.

Have XV de France approached the two Laurents at Racing?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11439
What a joke this Laporte. As if sacking the Coaching team will solve the structural problems facing French rugby. It will at least make some people happy I guess.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 522, 523, 524, 525, 526, 527, 528 ... 566  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 4071, BBB, bessantj, bimboman, boere wors, Boobs not Moobs, BumpAndStayBig, danny_fitz, DOB, EverReady, Fenman, Floppykid, frillage, Google Adsense [Bot], Google [Bot], iarmhiman, Irish, Jensrsa, Jim Lahey, Joost, kerrandy, Lazy Couch potato, Leinsterman, lemonhead, Lenny, Lorthern Nights, malky, maverickmak, Mr. Very Popular, nuffsaid, Oxbow, Rumham, SamShark, shaggy, Tecumseh, TheBouncer, Theflier, TokenSarriesFan, Ulsters Red Hand, ZuLu and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group