Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:49 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22716 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 530, 531, 532, 533, 534, 535, 536 ... 568  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:12 am 

Well, that was very France. Some showings of genuine promise: pace, handling, even vision. But mainly the fwds.

1/2 backs with some questionable decision making. Esp kicking the ball away in good positions with such fwd dominance.

A game that should have been won by a mile but could have been lost at the death. Largely because of a brainfart that led to a pen try, a yellow and a further 7 points.

Will be watching to see if they learn as the comp progresses.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:34 pm 

the U20 game ? Managed to catch the last third. Very largely dominant up front and yet see their lead at home trimmed down to now fear of losing the game, which is exceptional, and yes, undeniably typically French.

That Brive fat black prop no.18, I love him already. More and more African-born/french black players in French Rugby as its response to the modern game: if you look at Priso, Ben Arous, Poirot, the LH yesterday, Gomes Sa, the no.18 yesterday, French Rugby is now completely dominated by black front rowers. They're strong as fk, make decent scrummagers, and in the loose they're flat-out studs and whites can't really compare anymore. Look now at more largely Lauret, Macalou, Camara, Cancorriet in the back row. Basta Danty Fofana at midfield, back three Fall Thomas and soon Ndiangebe who's a nuclear bomb.
Macalou alone can surge France right into the future as his ability at flanker is matched by no one in the world save Savea save. Sav..ea.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:27 pm 

Dork Lard wrote:
the U20 game ? Managed to catch the last third. Very largely dominant up front and yet see their lead at home trimmed down to now fear of losing the game, which is exceptional, and yes, undeniably typically French.

That Brive fat black prop no.18, I love him already. More and more African-born/french black players in French Rugby as its response to the modern game: if you look at Priso, Ben Arous, Poirot, the LH yesterday, Gomes Sa, the no.18 yesterday, French Rugby is now completely dominated by black front rowers. They're strong as fk, make decent scrummagers, and in the loose they're flat-out studs and whites can't really compare anymore. Look now at more largely Lauret, Macalou, Camara, Cancorriet in the back row. Basta Danty Fofana at midfield, back three Fall Thomas and soon Ndiangebe who's a nuclear bomb.
Macalou alone can surge France right into the future as his ability at flanker is matched by no one in the world save Savea save. Sav..ea.

Just need to build in some discipline and fitness.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:32 pm 

Dork Lard wrote:
Excellent :D
Le mur facebook du xv de France
http://www.lerugbynistere.fr/chroniques ... 181159.php

Quote:
Je suis en équipe de France, t’es dans une ambulance.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:41 pm 

I like the first two in particular:

And Brunel presented as a senile monk from the middle-ages is pretty good too..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:23 pm 

Quote:
Bernard Laporte a bloqué Guy Novès.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:24 pm 

Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Quote:
Bernard Laporte a bloqué Guy Novès.

:lol:

Quote:
Le mur du XV de France de Guy Novès, épisode 2Juriste de la FFR Je sais pas… faute grave quand même… c’est quoi la faute grave, avoir sélectionné Huget ?

:lol: :lol:

Just brilliant. The one thing that comes out of extreme adversity is some seriously good black humour.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:11 pm 

Meh.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:07 pm 

Bon ben comme d'hab quoi.

Nula chier sous les ballons hauts, indiscipline. Ca s'envoie en défense.

Les centres comme d'hab trou noir de l'attaque. Danty pour Chavancy svp.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:38 pm 

Fr centres were awful in attack, the new FB didnt have anything either and Vah got dominated by his Irish opps.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:00 pm 

La 1ère mi-temps était... comment dire...

De la 45' à la 70' je me suis endormi... mon fils m'a réveillé pour l'essai de T Thomas.

Tout ça pour ça...

J'ai quand même vu une belle mêlée exploser les Irish.

Bah...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:27 pm 

What is going on with knees? That is 3 in 1 week all amongst the brightest prospects of Fre backs: Cros, Jalibert and Dupont. :frown:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:29 pm 

Torquemada 1420 wrote:
What is going on with knees? That is 3 in 1 week all amongst the brightest prospects of Fre backs: Cros, Jalibert and Dupont. :frown:
Dupont's injury... so f*acking painful to watch...

That is Toulouse tiny hopes of a decent season gone.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:31 pm 

I just wrote my thoughts about the collective on the match thread. More into the *individual* detail:
I don't know if one can criticize the midfield as much as above me here when France had fk-all ball to play (32% !!!!!!!) and Chav Lam were at least superb defensively, quick reacting and hyperactive. Chav and Lam are also the two centers who haven't had a bad game for country over the past year, which can't be said of any other fr center. I still would want to see Danty but not because Chav was bad - because Danty is even more interesting.

I'm happy Priso and Gomes Sa did well for their first.

I'm glad France did so well despite missing so many of their best players: Picamoles at 8, Parra 9, Lopez 10, Nakaitaci wing, Fofana center, and Vahaa was uncharacteristically awful when he's a world class lock. Dulin also would've helped tonight under the high ball especially, and Macalou for the next match please.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:33 pm 

Xupi wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Dupont's injury... so f*acking painful to watch...

That is Toulouse tiny hopes of a decent season gone.

It's depressing.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:34 pm 

We did not do so well.

The pissing rain levelled the conditions and allowed our huge heart to keep us in it.

We were dreadful in the 1st half.

Deprived of posession, as everyone knew we would.

But there's good grunt in the forwards, that's some good news alright.

And I love Lamerat, he is essential to our backline play and even more so our defense.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:41 pm 

Xupi wrote:
We did not do so well.

The pissing rain levelled the conditions and allowed our huge heart to keep us in it.

We were dreadful in the 1st half.

Deprived of posession, as everyone knew we would.

But there's good grunt in the forwards, that's some good news alright.

And I love Lamerat, he is essential to our backline play and even more so our defense.

Hmm. I have to say that I think the Fre fwds were better than the Irish. But they were forced to defend too often by stupidity:
- from Vaahaa... who gave away what? 4? 5 pens? He should have been yellowed for collective infringements
- idiot players running into touch: 3x in the first 20 mins alone
- terrible kicking (this is not Jalibert's strong point who, like Fluke, has a fixation on the chip kick)

Lamerat never plays well for France. For me, the pressure gets to him and he tries too much in offence which leads to nothing useful but plenty of slow ball or turnovers.

Defence? Well Guirado was magnificent with 24+ tackles......... but offers nothing going fwd now and lineouts are random. I'd rather be on offence with other players than rely on sitting back and making 240 tackles............ because if you have to defend like that against limited oppos like the Irish, you are going to lose 90% of games.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:01 pm 

Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Lamerat never plays well for France. For me, the pressure gets to him and he tries too much in offence which leads to nothing useful but plenty of slow ball or turnovers.

Defence? Well Guirado was magnificent with 24+ tackles......... but offers nothing going fwd now and lineouts are random. I'd rather be on offence with other players than rely on sitting back and making 240 tackles............ because if you have to defend like that against limited oppos like the Irish, you are going to lose 90% of games.

I know what you're saying, I agree he's too emotional, but his presence alone is positive for France, he's one of the hardest carrying centers in the world and offers great guarantee on defense. I think he and Danty would make the best available pair atm. If they can just win the gain line consistently for their team, offer tons of physicality and then throw a pass or two (while being superb defenders, the second even a poacher at the bdown) France can do with that. They're not going to start slaying teams with top-notch attacking set-plays with JB fkng E at the helm, so they might as well get the guys who'll bring them forward, well and fast, individually.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:03 pm 

Bring back Noves

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:49 am 

The problem was obviously Noves....
2 attacks in 80 minutes.

It was shit, we lost more players...

Bah. Congrats to Ireland and Sexton for kicking that drop.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:12 am 

Hail the courage of these boys who battled bravely to the end.

But indeed, that was it... France had nothing but a spark of miracle courtesy of the Thomas try.

35% possession? When ever we had the ball, we gave it away through a silly penalty. We showed our usual naivety when our forwards would carry the ball with little momentum and isolated from the support. Our maul imploded, our scrum struggled for most part of the game (irony is that our scrum could have won us the game, had Belleau converted the 3 pointer)... Our backs never threatened the line (except for Thomas, out of the blue)... We did very little with our 35% possession.

In defense, yes, we were ferocious and battled bravely. Our forwards slowed the ball all the time and Ireland turned to a conservative game. But we need to improve under the high ball (would Sexton have risked that kick to Earls if we had had a.decent winger defending against that kick?) And we need to cut on the silly fouls. Vahaamahina needs to be taught the basics of rugby. I love the player but yesterday he got carried away and lost it completely.

Finally, I am deeply ashamed by the cheating with the HIA protocol. What a disgrace for France.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:14 am 

Dork Lard wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:

I know what you're saying, I agree he's too emotional, but his presence alone is positive for France, he's one of the hardest carrying centers in the world and offers great guarantee on defense. I think he and Danty would make the best available pair atm. If they can just win the gain line consistently for their team, offer tons of physicality and then throw a pass or two (while being superb defenders, the second even a poacher at the bdown) France can do with that. They're not going to start slaying teams with top-notch attacking set-plays with JB fkng E at the helm, so they might as well get the guys who'll bring them forward, well and fast, individually.

Don't pay attention to Torque... he doesn't know that Pelissie is a hooker, and would rather have injured or sick players on the pitch rather than fit ones. :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:17 am 

TheFrog wrote:
Hail the courage of these boys who battled bravely to the end.

But indeed, that was it... France had nothing but a spark of miracle courtesy of the Thomas try.

35% possession? When ever we had the ball, we gave it away through a silly penalty. We showed our usual naivety when our forwards would carry the ball with little momentum and isolated from the support. Our maul imploded, our scrum struggled for most part of the game (irony is that our scrum could have won us the game, had Belleau converted the 3 pointer)... Our backs never threatened the line (except for Thomas, out of the blue)... We did very little with our 35% possession.

In defense, yes, we were ferocious and battled bravely. Our forwards slowed the ball all the time and Ireland turned to a conservative game. But we need to improve under the high ball (would Sexton have risked that kick to Earls if we had had a.decent winger defending against that kick?) And we need to cut on the silly fouls. Vahaamahina needs to be taught the basics of rugby. I love the player but yesterday he got carried away and lost it completely.

Finally, I am deeply ashamed by the cheating with the HIA protocol. What a disgrace for France.

There is an independent doc making these calls. :lol:

On Dupont it was O'wens who signalled it first, on Jalibert no clue why there was a call.

All the bollox about the sacking won't change one bloody thing.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:48 am 

TheFrog wrote:
Don't pay attention to Torque... he doesn't know that Pelissie is a hooker, and would rather have injured or sick players on the pitch rather than fit ones. :D

Actually blame Bernol. When they posted the team, I clicked on Pelissie and it went to Jonathan!

Whaaaaat? France has fit players? News to me.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:51 am 

Laurent wrote:

On Dupont it was O'wens who signalled it first, on Jalibert no clue why there was a call.

Yup. Just rewatched the Dupont and Murray's head clearly makes contact with Dupont's as he goes down. Presumably that is what Owens saw too which is why he gave the HIA signal first. End of at that point. Any other injury is incidental to protecting the player's welfare.

Ironically, Noves would probably have tried to keep him on :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:55 am 

Quote:
Le capitaine tricolore a réalisé 28 plaquages (2 manqués). Une stat' qui laisse K.-O. debout en même temps qu'elle renseigne sur le type de partie disputée par les Français.

Indeed. And for the record, no-one thought Brunel was a good idea. Jeez, even the Brits had dedicated hours to discussing poor Fre coaching records and backward coaching appointments during the last week (rugby club, BBC, PR etc); pointing out Noves' unacceptable record but that Brunel was a step back into the dark ages.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:00 am 

Laurent wrote:
Bring back Noves

Even he scraped a win against Ire in his first game :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:47 am 

putain vraiment des rats ces putains d'irlandais ils gagnent avec une chatte de ouf et en plus ils pleurent comme des gonzesses alors qu'ils ont l'habitude de tricher depuis des décennies. Vriamtn je crois que ya que les gallois et les ecossais qui valent le coup la bas...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:18 pm 

Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Laurent wrote:

Yup. Just rewatched the Dupont and Murray's head clearly makes contact with Dupont's as he goes down. Presumably that is what Owens saw too which is why he gave the HIA signal first. End of at that point. Any other injury is incidental to protecting the player's welfare.

Ironically, Noves would probably have tried to keep him on :D

I heard it on Owens mic. When he sees Machenaud coming in, he questions the 4th ref (French ref) and.asks him whether an independent docteur has confirmed the need for HIA. He actually asked twice. Shows that Owens didn't bite but he had no choice.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:39 pm 

Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Laurent wrote:
Bring back Noves

No - Noves' first game was almost losing to Italy, at home in Paris, for the first time in French Rugby history. His win against the 2016 Ireland side was against the worst condition Schmidt-run Ireland that had a disappointing tournament to the point the people were clamoring for a coaching change. They lost a test series vs the Boks in 2016 - just beat the Boks 38-3 in November. Not the same Ireland side no doubt. THAT current Ireland side, Noves' side was nonexistent on the field (19-9) while this xv de France basically had beaten them (for 80min, not 81). There is already progress, in one match.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:05 pm 

Heymans wrote:
putain vraiment des rats ces putains d'irlandais ils gagnent avec une chatte de ouf et en plus ils pleurent comme des gonzesses alors qu'ils ont l'habitude de tricher depuis des décennies. Vriamtn je crois que ya que les gallois et les ecossais qui valent le coup la bas...

ouais ça couine à donf, même quand ça gagne... sont pires que les NZ... ou au moins au niveau. :P

J'ai vu que à partir de la 50', donc à part le très joli rush de thomas, j'ai vu du loupage de pénalité de la gagne alors que quoi, 25 m des poteaux un peu décalé ?... belleau a du se faire dessus. J'ai vu du vahamina qu'à l'air de rien paner aux règle du rugby ou qui est bête à manger du foin pour continuer de lacher des penalités cons. J'ai vu une équipe qui s'est pris 40 phases en reculant de peur d'une pénalité et qui attendait l'en-avant miraculeux qui n'est pas arrivé... et bien sûr ça s'est terminé comme prévu (pas la première fois qu'on se chie en reculant à force d'avoir peur et d'attendre la faute miraculeuse).

pas joli.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:10 pm 

jolindien wrote:
. J'ai vu une équipe qui s'est pris 40 phases en reculant de peur d'une pénalité et qui attendait l'en-avant miraculeux qui n'est pas arrivé... et bien sûr ça s'est terminé comme prévu (pas la première fois qu'on se chie en reculant à force d'avoir peur et d'attendre la faute miraculeuse).

pas joli.

So explain to me: what were they supposed to do ? They kept Ireland at bay for 40 phases while conceding very little per ruck and defended with tremendous energy, concentration not to foul, and organization/consistency (as they had the whole game). They avoided the offside or dumb poach attempt, and rolled away. Tell me now, what they should've done realistically to prevent a long pass backwards for a 45m drop kick.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:31 pm 

I think the kicking game really hurts you guys quite a lot.

I'm not coming in to bleat and what not but Ireland did a good job in keeping you in your half. France are not very good at exit strategies, although the irony is Machenaud's kicking is pretty decent.

Seems like the direction from 9 is the issue, it needs to come from the 10 and you need to learn to pin teams back and apply pressure. You can comfortably play the french way, you're plenty physical and lots of heart, START KICKING TO THE CORNERS ACCURATELY!!

Put teams under pressure, retain ball and play with flair. It's still very doable but it feels like the tactical game, never ever seems to be driven correctly by the 9 or 10 in France these days (bar Lopez, who's a good fly half).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:42 pm 

Dork Lard wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Laurent wrote:
Bring back Noves

No - Noves' first game was almost losing to Italy, at home in Paris, for the first time in French Rugby history. His win against the 2016 Ireland side was against the worst condition Schmidt-run Ireland that had a disappointing tournament to the point the people were clamoring for a coaching change. They lost a test series vs the Boks in 2016 - just beat the Boks 38-3 in November. Not the same Ireland side no doubt. THAT current Ireland side, Noves' side was nonexistent on the field (19-9) while this xv de France basically had beaten them (for 80min, not 81). There is already progress, in one match.

I meant his 1st game against Ire. 10-9 non?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:50 pm 

Wendigo7 wrote:
I think the kicking game really hurts you guys quite a lot.

I'm not coming in to bleat and what not but Ireland did a good job in keeping you in your half. France are not very good at exit strategies, although the irony is Machenaud's kicking is pretty decent.

Seems like the direction from 9 is the issue, it needs to come from the 10 and you need to learn to pin teams back and apply pressure. You can comfortably play the french way, you're plenty physical and lots of heart, START KICKING TO THE CORNERS ACCURATELY!!

Put teams under pressure, retain ball and play with flair. It's still very doable but it feels like the tactical game, never ever seems to be driven correctly by the 9 or 10 in France these days (bar Lopez, who's a good fly half).

Yes. All this is correct. You have to have the ability to exit and put the ball in the right parts: especially when you are not NZ but a crap Fre side that struggles to put together more than 4 phases in which case you are losing ground in every single tactical exchange.

I've always been a fan of a 2nd 5/8th like the old NZ sides or Eng 2003. Put a Tin-Duck or Belleau in there for a 2nd kicking option and get a FB who can defend, position and kick i.e. Germain. It's an absolute joke that Fra keeps picking "attacking" FBs which is like grandma buying a pair of fishnet stockings. What TF is the point of an attacking FB when you never have the opportunity to use one? Just delusional.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:10 pm 

YIONEL2019!!! :thumbup: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:14 pm 

Dork Lard wrote:
jolindien wrote:
. J'ai vu une équipe qui s'est pris 40 phases en reculant de peur d'une pénalité et qui attendait l'en-avant miraculeux qui n'est pas arrivé... et bien sûr ça s'est terminé comme prévu (pas la première fois qu'on se chie en reculant à force d'avoir peur et d'attendre la faute miraculeuse).

pas joli.

So explain to me: what were they supposed to do ? They kept Ireland at bay for 40 phases while conceding very little per ruck and defended with tremendous energy, concentration not to foul, and organization/consistency (as they had the whole game). They avoided the offside or dumb poach attempt, and rolled away. Tell me now, what they should've done realistically to prevent a long pass backwards for a 45m drop kick.

Ils n'ont rien empêché du tout, ils ont reculé, et ils n'étaient plus agressif car trop peur de la pénalité. Ca allait nécessairement se terminer comme ça ou avec un essai. Ils espéraient un miracle.
Il fallait continuer d'être agressif et d'essayer de gratter le ballon, sans faire de faute (voir McCaw). Mais on ne sait pas faire...

Combien de fois on a vu ça, défendre avec la peur de la pénalité, ça se termine toujours mal.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:20 pm 

Dork Lard wrote:

I would say
- it showed that Ire could do what Fra could not i.e. play multiple phases
- the converse of which was Fra incapable of forcing a turnover against a side prepared to play low risk, keep ball
- BUT the killer error was getting Machenaud on and then having Belleau take the pen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:29 pm 

You watching Italy?

They get rid of Brunel and are looking dangerous against Eng. :lol:

They've understood the need for quick ball.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:34 pm 

Beauxis. :lol: :lol: :lol:

In ultra sh*t news, season over for Dupont. And with it goes any hopes ST had of making the play offs.

PS
Quote:
Belleau. Let's not kill him now or Jalibert.

And here are Bernol's ratings which I reckon are the worst ever for any Fre team.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22716 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 530, 531, 532, 533, 534, 535, 536 ... 568  Next