Chat Forum
It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 531, 532, 533, 534, 535, 536, 537 ... 543  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:45 am
Posts: 6441
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Dork Lard wrote:
So explain to me: what were they supposed to do ? They kept Ireland at bay for 40 phases while conceding very little per ruck and defended with tremendous energy, concentration not to foul, and organization/consistency (as they had the whole game). They avoided the offside or dumb poach attempt, and rolled away. Tell me now, what they should've done realistically to prevent a long pass backwards for a 45m drop kick.

I would say
- it showed that Ire could do what Fra could not i.e. play multiple phases
- the converse of which was Fra incapable of forcing a turnover against a side prepared to play low risk, keep ball
- BUT the killer error was getting Machenaud on and then having Belleau take the pen

Belleau missed he missed, let's not be french and blame everything on one guy, there were 80 entire minutes (well, 82 !) to win the game and plenty of mistakes were made. And I find it radically unjust (and in some's case biased) to blame the French defense on this match. If one player tried a turnover and fell into the Irish ruck and Sexton nailed the penalty, everyone would be going bananas about how France should've kept their ground and just waited for the mistake, after all 40 phases are inhuman. This is simply reactionary criticism imo (with lots of frustration and bias behind it for many) but anyways it matters not, this game was either a very positive sign for things to come OR they remain at that level and nothing actually really changes.

Torque I realize you were talking about Noves' first against Ireland, I was simply pointing out that Noves' first game at all was almost a defeat, to Italy (that got 50 put on them after that every game), AT HOME IN PARIS; while Brunel's first game was a victory over 80 but not 81min against Schmidt's Ireland. Weigh the two out, and let it sink in.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9053
Location: Toulouse
Dork Lard wrote:
while Brunel's first game was a victory over 80 but not 81min against Schmidt's Ireland. Weigh the two out, and let it sink in.
Brunel's first game was a defeat, and it has been so for 7/8th of the game where we were trailing and have been dominated. Yes our defense was fierce, but so was it under Novès for every 6N games, the lads commitment was never in doubt. I see nothing that has changed and of course, nothing will. It's just that Laporte has now divided the country in two and half the fans are now likely to turn against Brunel, who's also not the best communicator there is.

In other news, Dupon't did his cruciate and his season is over. Jalibert torn his ligament and his 6N is over.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33917
Location: Hut 8
Well I get 4 more weekends off now because no point watching the other Fre games. It will come down to beating Ita to avoid a whitewash and with
- Jalibert and Dupont broken
- and no chance of Macalou or Bougarit
there is nothing of interest to watch that we won't have seen before.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:45 am
Posts: 6441
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Well I get 4 more weekends off now because no point watching the other Fre games. It will come down to beating Ita to avoid a whitewash and with
- Jalibert and Dupont broken
- and no chance of Macalou or Bougarit
there is nothing of interest to watch that we won't have seen before.

I disagree. I think the french people is just vengeful and angry at Laporte, and sulky because the team wasn't flashy enough. Under Noves the plays themselves were fkng horrendous and aimless but he himself spoke of "expansive Rugby" and as long as the team threw the ball out wide randomly, scored one try per every 500meter ball in hand, the good people was replete and happy despite the defeats piling up and no collective to be found over 80min. I don't think this xv de France can be worse, and it's certainly looked more promising than Noves' first game - or entire campaign for that matter (I mean, again, a drop goal shy of losing to Italy in Paris...).

I feel there are things to build on and when France get a steady 9-10 combination (I'm hoping Parra-Lopez) and settle their game they'll be interesting. If they play defense like THAT every match, put a proper halfback pairing, hand-foot switching and elite goal kicking and you don't need to be exceptional on attack, but it does remain to be seen if they'll be a tad improved in that area: Murrayfield.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1228
Really disappointed in Camara yesterday, from the very moment he was bundled in to touch with ease, he looked lost at this level.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9053
Location: Toulouse
Dork Lard wrote:
I disagree. I think the french people is just vengeful and angry at Laporte, and sulky because the team wasn't flashy enough. Under Noves the plays themselves were fkng horrendous and aimless but he himself spoke of "expansive Rugby" and as long as the team threw the ball out wide randomly, scored one try per every 500meter ball in hand, the good people was replete and happy despite the defeats piling up and no collective to be found over 80min. I don't think this xv de France can be worse, and it's certainly looked more promising than Noves' first game - or entire campaign for that matter (I mean, again, a drop goal shy of losing to Italy in Paris...).
I don't know whereabout you live in France but I am in Toulouse, a city where he is adored, and I know no one here who is happy about what Novès did during 2 years. He has an abyssimal record, and failed despite several good showings and the best rank in the 6N since 8 years. No one denies this. But the way he was fired, which was deliberately planned and set-up, is so disgusting that yes people are incensed about that, and Laporte has clearly become a hate figure for this and his other wrong doings. And Brunel's start in terms of communication is atrocious.

Oh and by the way, the only game Novès played Ireland in Paris, he won 10-9.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:45 am
Posts: 6441
Xupi wrote:
I don't know whereabout you live in France but I am in Toulouse, a city where he is adored, and I know no one here who is happy about what Novès did during 2 years. He has an abyssimal record, and failed despite several good showings and the best rank in the 6N since 8 years. No one denies this. But the way he was fired, which was deliberately planned and set-up, is so disgusting that yes people are incensed about that, and Laporte has clearly become a hate figure for this and his other wrong doings. And Brunel's start in terms of communication is atrocious.

Oh and by the way, the only game Novès played Ireland in Paris, he won 10-9.

Grant me this bit of time to explain a few things:
Noves = Toulouse = most of French Rugby in history. The French people love their Rugby because it's given them dreaming and they love dreaming, therefor they love Toulouse therefor Noves. The very concept of double standards can be observed in this country through this very sports phenomenon: Noves was the worst headcoach in xv de France history (worst record, and the collective nonexistent worse than under PSA) and yet we saw it was tolerated by the good people of the land, oh and not just Toulouse, everywhere in the country - the country of losing pretty is better than winning ugly. The simple semiotics or signs used by or implied by the character of Guy Noves were seductive in nature enough, in concept, that he would be excused of the most execrable sin at his job: being utterly, entirely, and wildly inept and without any resource at all. Noves being fired was seen as unjust WELL BEFORE the "faute grave" scandal had even surfaced in the media. It was the unthinkable: Noves, fired ? Heresy !! Burn the witchhhh !!!!

The double standard occurs in that even if Brunel did a job ostensibly better enough that it was obvious during this very first tournament and next couple of months, you would see the whole majority right-thinking mass doing their best to fit the preconceived and immutable narrative anyways that Noves being fired was a mistake and things aren't better now and the 'I told you so' mentality.

It's pure Manichean dividing: Noves is angelic, Laporte is diabolical. I promise to you, Xupi, I promise many people in this country are this close to ACTUALLY seeing a halo over Noves' head, and little horns and a red pointy tail on Laporte when you bring up those names in their minds (yet Noves has shown he had an ego so stratospheric he put his little self before the country by not admitting he was useless, by not quitting, and then what ensued). It's popular folklore of the purest kind: there are cosmic forces of pure goodness, and then of pure evil. And as many things in this country, those established truths won't budge, not from an earthquake or an actual meteorite strike.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9053
Location: Toulouse
You're intelligent. Read your post again and realize the mountain of inepties and bullsh*t and exagerations it contains. It's baffling.

In other news, 4th ref has spoken. Once again vile accusations against our players and staff while according to him, they're clean.
See my explanations in this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=83768&start=120


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:45 am
Posts: 6441
Xupi wrote:
You're intelligent. Read your post again and realize the mountain of inepties and bullsh*t and exagerations it contains. It's baffling.

In other news, 4th ref has spoken. Once again vile accusations against our players and staff while according to him, they're clean.
See my explanations in this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=83768&start=120

Well that was totally unexpected ! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9053
Location: Toulouse
Dork Lard wrote:
Well that was totally unexpected ! :lol:
Novès did a piss poor job at the helm of France. So did PSA, Lièvremont. So will Brunel. No one denies this.

Laporte is a crook and a man without honor, Novès is a man that commands respect. Everyone feels that deep down, even those who used to hate Novès for being so successfull. That's what it is.

No one is uncomfortable that Novès lost his job, when you don't perform in such a position, you walk. But that he got axed by Laporte and Simon, that just won't pass.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10154
Xupi wrote:
You're intelligent. Read your post again and realize the mountain of inepties and bullsh*t and exagerations it contains. It's baffling.

In other news, 4th ref has spoken. Once again vile accusations against our players and staff while according to him, they're clean.
See my explanations in this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=83768&start=120


What the...?

:lol:

Couilloud called as a replacement for Dupont.

King Beauxis is back.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19461
Location: balbriggan
@xupi

don't bother with the halfwit.

he makes Torq look like a positive/objective personality :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33917
Location: Hut 8
Laurent wrote:
@xupi

don't bother with the halfwit.

he makes Torq look like a positive/objective personality :lol:

I am most certainly objective. Sadly, the nature of being a realist these days generally means highlighting the -ves of human nature.

Can we end this debate on Noves? It is beyond any dispute that
- he took the Fre coaching position too late
- it was an unmitigated disaster
- Laporte is a crooked scumbag and the manner of Noves' dismissal totally unacceptable


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10154
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Laurent wrote:
@xupi

don't bother with the halfwit.

he makes Torq look like a positive/objective personality :lol:

I am most certainly objective. Sadly, the nature of being a realist these days generally means highlighting the -ves of human nature.

Can we end this debate on Noves? It is beyond any dispute that
- he took the Fre coaching position too late
- it was an unmitigated disaster
- Laporte is a crooked scumbag and the manner of Noves' dismissal totally unacceptable


And that it is unlikely any coach would do better considering the talent & technical abilities available in the hexagon, the T14 and the constant bickering between the ligue and FFR.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33917
Location: Hut 8
La soule wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Laurent wrote:
@xupi

don't bother with the halfwit.

he makes Torq look like a positive/objective personality :lol:

I am most certainly objective. Sadly, the nature of being a realist these days generally means highlighting the -ves of human nature.

Can we end this debate on Noves? It is beyond any dispute that
- he took the Fre coaching position too late
- it was an unmitigated disaster
- Laporte is a crooked scumbag and the manner of Noves' dismissal totally unacceptable


And that it is unlikely any coach would do better considering the talent & technical abilities available in the hexagon, the T14 and the constant bickering between the ligue and FFR.

That bit I remain unconvinced by. If you'd have said "that it is unlikely any French coach", I would agree.

I was hugely impressed at how Eddie Jones seamlessly added players we have barely heard of (Underhill, Hepburn, Simmonds etc) with barely an interruption to Eng's game plan and style.

I view coaching as putting the pieces of a jigsaw (the players) together to make something coherent. Eng and NZ make an intelligible and clear picture. France continues to look like a jumble of individual pieces. Fra can and should do better. We can see the proof of this in Noves and PSA records because they have repeatedly lost to teams with undoubtedly inferior resources to France.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10154
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
La soule wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Laurent wrote:
@xupi

don't bother with the halfwit.

he makes Torq look like a positive/objective personality :lol:

I am most certainly objective. Sadly, the nature of being a realist these days generally means highlighting the -ves of human nature.

Can we end this debate on Noves? It is beyond any dispute that
- he took the Fre coaching position too late
- it was an unmitigated disaster
- Laporte is a crooked scumbag and the manner of Noves' dismissal totally unacceptable


And that it is unlikely any coach would do better considering the talent & technical abilities available in the hexagon, the T14 and the constant bickering between the ligue and FFR.

That bit I remain unconvinced by. If you'd have said "that it is unlikely any French coach", I would agree.

I was hugely impressed at how Eddie Jones seamlessly added players we have barely heard of (Underhill, Hepburn, Simmonds etc) with barely an interruption to Eng's game plan and style.

I view coaching as putting the pieces of a jigsaw (the players) together to make something coherent. Eng and NZ make an intelligible and clear picture. France continues to look like a jumble of individual pieces. Fra can and should do better. We can see the proof of this in Noves and PSA records because they have repeatedly lost to teams with undoubtedly inferior resources to France.


French coach if you want. Question is mute though as no foreign coaches were available.

Yes, France should do better. They have been below part for a long time now.

It will not change much until coaches at young ages stop picking the bigger & quicker guys to build a very simplistic game plan around them. Those guys eventually stop being bigger and quicker and are terminally shit technically.

This is a much bigger problem than Noves etc.... as structural. Win at all cost at rugby school level.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:45 am
Posts: 6441
I see I've hit a few sensitive nerves here looking at the emotional responses. :D

I'm very afraid of one thing. France got decimated again with the injuries and the reports are that's added more to the negativity in the troop's morale and they're struggling to cope with this defeat. Winning for 80, but not 81, exactly just exactly what this France group didn't need. One full month's job for no salary after the 30 days. They're back to the depressing locker room with little talk between them, and now they have to muster up the courage to go and fight like lions again for 80min away in Murrayfield, against the Scots who'll be hungrier than lions. This defeat to Ireland the way it happened is just beyond hardship, it's incredibly cruel.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33917
Location: Hut 8
La soule wrote:
French coach if you want. Question is mute though as no foreign coaches were available.

Yes, France should do better. They have been below part for a long time now.

It will not change much until coaches at young ages stop picking the bigger & quicker guys to build a very simplistic game plan around them. Those guys eventually stop being bigger and quicker and are terminally shit technically.

This is a much bigger problem than Noves etc.... as structural. Win at all cost at rugby school level.

No disagreement from me here. That is a huge structural issue that would take a generation or more to fix even if there was a will to do so. Maximising your resources is something that could be (and should be) immediate. I am not blind to the fact though that a good manager who took France up the rankings might actually make the first problem worse by allowing heads to remain in sand longer. There is an irony that Noves's greatest contribution to Fre rugby could be his failure i.e. "if Guy couldn't do it, something must be f**ked up".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9053
Location: Toulouse
Dork Lard wrote:
I'm very afraid of one thing. France got decimated again with the injuries and the reports are that's added more to the negativity in the troop's morale and they're struggling to cope with this defeat. Winning for 80, but not 81, exactly just exactly what this France group didn't need. One full month's job for no salary after the 30 days. They're back to the depressing locker room with little talk between them, and now they have to muster up the courage to go and fight like lions again for 80min away in Murrayfield, against the Scots who'll be hungrier than lions. This defeat to Ireland the way it happened is just beyond hardship, it's incredibly cruel.

I agree 100%, this defeat is absolutely devastating. And the way it happened makes it even worse. This group needs a win, they have not won in almost a year which is unheard and beyond imagination. Even a half-deserved 1-pt win against a great Irish team would have been a huge relief and boost to self-confidence. When you add to that such grave injuries, to our youngest and most gifted players...

FFS, Even Guy Novès beat Ireland in Paris :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9053
Location: Toulouse
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
No disagreement from me here. That is a huge structural issue that would take a generation or more to fix even if there was a will to do so. Maximising your resources is something that could be (and should be) immediate. I am not blind to the fact though that a good manager who took France up the rankings might actually make the first problem worse by allowing heads to remain in sand longer. There is an irony that Noves's greatest contribution to Fre rugby could be his failure i.e. "if Guy couldn't do it, something must be f**ked up".
I may have agreed had they chosen a different replacement. A younger, foreign, particularly tactically up-to-date coach with superb management skills. Replacing Novès by Brunel is a farce.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10154
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
La soule wrote:
French coach if you want. Question is mute though as no foreign coaches were available.

Yes, France should do better. They have been below part for a long time now.

It will not change much until coaches at young ages stop picking the bigger & quicker guys to build a very simplistic game plan around them. Those guys eventually stop being bigger and quicker and are terminally shit technically.

This is a much bigger problem than Noves etc.... as structural. Win at all cost at rugby school level.

No disagreement from me here. That is a huge structural issue that would take a generation or more to fix even if there was a will to do so. Maximising your resources is something that could be (and should be) immediate. I am not blind to the fact though that a good manager who took France up the rankings might actually make the first problem worse by allowing heads to remain in sand longer. There is an irony that Noves's greatest contribution to Fre rugby could be his failure i.e. "if Guy couldn't do it, something must be f**ked up".


I am witnessing on weekends coaches/selectors going to the bigger parents, asking them which one their kid is. Not disturbed the slightest by the fact that they cannot make a pass.

I am not sure one single foreign coach can change the destiny of the French team.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:45 am
Posts: 6441
Xupi wrote:
FFS, Even Guy Novès beat Ireland in Paris :D

Well Sexton made the drop, Parisse didn't. :P By a cat's whiskers, Noves started with a home loss in Paris to Italy, and Brunel with a well deserved win against a top no.3 Ireland side and it is not a negligible or twisted notion to bring up, there's significant meaning to it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10154
More straws......


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9053
Location: Toulouse
Dork Lard wrote:
Well Sexton made the drop, Parisse didn't. :P By a cat's whiskers, Noves started with a home loss in Paris to Italy, and Brunel with a well deserved win against a top no.3 Ireland side and it is not a negligible or twisted notion to bring up, there's significant meaning to it.
It's a simple question: did France under Novès win or not, the sole game they played in Paris vs Ireland?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33917
Location: Hut 8
La soule wrote:
I am witnessing on weekends coaches/selectors going to the bigger parents, asking them which one their kid is. Not disturbed the slightest by the fact that they cannot make a pass.

I am not sure one single foreign coach can change the destiny of the French team.

Unnatural selection leading to natural selection (Darwin) i.e. the end game will be the self-inflicted extinction of Fre rugby.

The perfect barometer for this lack of skills is in in the 7s......

I do see this trend for lumps elsewhere too except NZ where I believe up to a certain age, grade rugby is based in size and not age. A simple and yet brilliant solution.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33917
Location: Hut 8
Xupi wrote:
Dork Lard wrote:
Well Sexton made the drop, Parisse didn't. :P By a cat's whiskers, Noves started with a home loss in Paris to Italy, and Brunel with a well deserved win against a top no.3 Ireland side and it is not a negligible or twisted notion to bring up, there's significant meaning to it.
It's a simple question: did France under Novès win or not, the sole game they played in Paris vs Ireland?

FFS guys, this is like Irish level of debate. :nod:

One game is not a sample size for any statistical purposes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:45 am
Posts: 6441
Xupi wrote:
Dork Lard wrote:
Well Sexton made the drop, Parisse didn't. :P By a cat's whiskers, Noves started with a home loss in Paris to Italy, and Brunel with a well deserved win against a top no.3 Ireland side and it is not a negligible or twisted notion to bring up, there's significant meaning to it.
It's a simple question: did France under Novès win or not, the sole game they played in Paris vs Ireland?

I don't know. Did they ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6462
Location: Somewhere beyond the sea...
I'm still waiting on the "better game plan" we were all supposed to witness. Sat night was basically 70 mins of snooze with zero try opportunity for our Bleus. And a great inspiration from Antoine Dupont who ideally placed his wing into orbit vs. a disorganized defense. Other than that and the fantastic heart displayed by the players in defense, zero zip nada zilch... Still relying on a feat from a player and still running behind on the score sheet.

Why the staff didn't get rid of Vahaa and his penalty count earlier in the game is beyond me. It's not like we don't know about the refs getting pissed at someone and the consequences, eh?

Heartbroken for Dupont and Jalibert.

#Yionel2019


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:45 am
Posts: 6441
GDBFC99 wrote:
I'm still waiting on the "better game plan" we were all supposed to witness. Sat night was basically 70 mins of snooze with zero try opportunity for our Bleus. And a great inspiration from Antoine Dupont who ideally placed his wing into orbit vs. a disorganized defense. Other than that and the fantastic heart displayed by the players in defense, zero zip nada zilch... Still relying on a feat from a player and still running behind on the score sheet.

Why the staff didn't get rid of Vahaa and his penalty count earlier in the game is beyond me. It's not like we don't know about the refs getting pissed at someone and the consequences, eh?

Heartbroken for Dupont and Jalibert.

#Yionel2019

Nobody talked about a "better game plan", and please now, display patience, nobody said anything to Noves after his first game. In fact, many in the country have never said anything about Noves at all.

Dork Lard wrote:
It's pure Manichean dividing: Noves is angelic, Laporte is diabolical. I promise to you, I promise many people in this country are this close to ACTUALLY seeing a halo over Noves' head, and little horns and a red pointy tail on Laporte when you bring up those names in their minds (yet Noves has shown he had an ego so stratospheric he put his little self before the country by not admitting he was useless, by not quitting, and then what ensued). It's popular folklore of the purest kind: there are cosmic forces of pure goodness, and then of pure evil. And as many things in this country, those established truths won't budge, not from an earthquake or an actual meteorite strike.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10154
Quelqu'un comprend ce qu'il raconte?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19461
Location: balbriggan
La soule wrote:
Quelqu'un comprend ce qu'il raconte?

je suis pas linguiste


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33917
Location: Hut 8
GDBFC99 wrote:
I'm still waiting on the "better game plan" we were all supposed to witness. Sat night was basically 70 mins of snooze with zero try opportunity for our Bleus. And a great inspiration from Antoine Dupont who ideally placed his wing into orbit vs. a disorganized defense. Other than that and the fantastic heart displayed by the players in defense, zero zip nada zilch... Still relying on a feat from a player and still running behind on the score sheet.

Why the staff didn't get rid of Vahaa and his penalty count earlier in the game is beyond me. It's not like we don't know about the refs getting pissed at someone and the consequences, eh?

Heartbroken for Dupont and Jalibert.

#Yionel2019

Thankfully for Jalibert his does not look long term. Just long enough to keep him away from more damage with the national XV (note I did council/worry about sending him in to the fray so early due to the risk of breaking him) which might be a good thing.

Dupont is just a sickener. I can't think of a worse possible injury for Fre rugby at the moment given his ability and the alternatives. Utter crippler for Toulouse too who are a different team when he plays.

Beauxis :lol: At least he might win the game against Italy with a drop!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9053
Location: Toulouse
@Toulon's not Toulouse : am due to spend a few days in Connacht some time in May.

Any useful tips on what to do/visit in Connemara for 2/3 days - 6 adults and 5 kids?

Is Galway worth visiting? straying at? is it a good base to roam around the region (by car)? any nice address of an auberge or hotel somewhere in the middle of nowhere?

Also, if you have time for a pint one evening...

cheers


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19461
Location: balbriggan
Xupi wrote:
@Toulon's not Toulouse : am due to spend a few days in Connacht some time in May.

Any useful tips on what to do/visit in Connemara for 2/3 days - 6 adults and 5 kids?

Is Galway worth visiting? straying at? is it a good base to roam around the region (by car)? any nice address of an auberge or hotel somewhere in the middle of nowhere?

Also, if you have time for a pint one evening...

cheers

pack winter clothing and sailors gear :lol:

Galway is small but nice.
check out the crystal factory if your into that.

if you don't visit Inish mor you'll be missing on something.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6462
Location: Somewhere beyond the sea...
Dork Lard wrote:
GDBFC99 wrote:
I'm still waiting on the "better game plan" we were all supposed to witness. Sat night was basically 70 mins of snooze with zero try opportunity for our Bleus. And a great inspiration from Antoine Dupont who ideally placed his wing into orbit vs. a disorganized defense. Other than that and the fantastic heart displayed by the players in defense, zero zip nada zilch... Still relying on a feat from a player and still running behind on the score sheet.

Why the staff didn't get rid of Vahaa and his penalty count earlier in the game is beyond me. It's not like we don't know about the refs getting pissed at someone and the consequences, eh?

Heartbroken for Dupont and Jalibert.

#Yionel2019

Nobody talked about a "better game plan", and please now, display patience, nobody said anything to Noves after his first game. In fact, many in the country have never said anything about Noves at all.

Dork Lard wrote:
It's pure Manichean dividing: Noves is angelic, Laporte is diabolical. I promise to you, I promise many people in this country are this close to ACTUALLY seeing a halo over Noves' head, and little horns and a red pointy tail on Laporte when you bring up those names in their minds (yet Noves has shown he had an ego so stratospheric he put his little self before the country by not admitting he was useless, by not quitting, and then what ensued). It's popular folklore of the purest kind: there are cosmic forces of pure goodness, and then of pure evil. And as many things in this country, those established truths won't budge, not from an earthquake or an actual meteorite strike.



Poor Bernie... Boooo... Cry me a river. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6462
Location: Somewhere beyond the sea...
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Beauxis :lol: At least he might win the game against Italy with a drop!!!


La Boucherie est à fond... :lol: Petit souvenir de son passage à l'UBB.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9053
Location: Toulouse
Thanks, had forgot this also used to be your neck of the wood.

Laurent wrote:
pack winter clothing and sailors gear :lol:

Galway is small but nice.
check out the crystal factory if your into that.

if you don't visit Inish mor you'll be missing on something.
What's Inish Mor? we will pack the gear alright.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33917
Location: Hut 8
Xupi wrote:
Thanks, had forgot this also used to be your neck of the wood.

Laurent wrote:
pack winter clothing and sailors gear :lol:

Galway is small but nice.
check out the crystal factory if your into that.

if you don't visit Inish mor you'll be missing on something.
What's Inish Mor? we will pack the gear alright.

Island with Paddy Stonhenges.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19461
Location: balbriggan
Xupi wrote:
Thanks, had forgot this also used to be your neck of the wood.

Laurent wrote:
pack winter clothing and sailors gear :lol:

Galway is small but nice.
check out the crystal factory if your into that.

if you don't visit Inish mor you'll be missing on something.
What's Inish Mor? we will pack the gear alright.

Aran island.
learn the local lingo ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19461
Location: balbriggan
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Xupi wrote:
Thanks, had forgot this also used to be your neck of the wood.

Laurent wrote:
pack winter clothing and sailors gear :lol:

Galway is small but nice.
check out the crystal factory if your into that.

if you don't visit Inish mor you'll be missing on something.
What's Inish Mor? we will pack the gear alright.

Island with Paddy Stonhenges.

Tsskkk

they are forts...

the paddy Stonehenge is in my old back yard.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21681 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 531, 532, 533, 534, 535, 536, 537 ... 543  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: beastofbrum, Beaver_Shark, bessantj, Bing [Bot], Boobs not Moobs, booji boy, brat, Clive Simms, DiscoHips D'Arcy, DragsterDriver, eldanielfire, fatcat, Gavin Duffy, Google Adsense [Bot], Gospel, holbob, IBWT, Jim Lahey, Kanbei, Lazy Couch potato, ManInTheBar, Margin_Walker, maverickmak, mr bungle, Nabberuk, NaBUru38, PCPhil, redderneck, rfurlong, RodneyRegis, Rumham, Saint, Salanya, Still Playing, sunnybanana, themaddog, Toulon's Not Toulouse, Trey, Turbogoat, umass, unseenwork, Wilson's Toffee and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group