Chat Forum
It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 11:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 532, 533, 534, 535, 536, 537, 538 ... 561  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:52 pm 

Laurent wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:
Xupi wrote:
Thanks, had forgot this also used to be your neck of the wood.

Laurent wrote:
pack winter clothing and sailors gear :lol:

Galway is small but nice.
check out the crystal factory if your into that.

if you don't visit Inish mor you'll be missing on something.
What's Inish Mor? we will pack the gear alright.

Island with Paddy Stonhenges.

Tsskkk

they are forts...

the paddy Stonehenge is in my old back yard.

Who built them? Cant be the paddies.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:03 pm 

Xupi wrote:
@Toulon's not Toulouse : am due to spend a few days in Connacht some time in May.

Any useful tips on what to do/visit in Connemara for 2/3 days - 6 adults and 5 kids?

Is Galway worth visiting? straying at? is it a good base to roam around the region (by car)? any nice address of an auberge or hotel somewhere in the middle of nowhere?

Also, if you have time for a pint one evening...

cheers

"Visiting" is a bit of a big word with regards to Galway, one afternoon or evening in town and you'll have seen it, really. It's a tiny city centre where life and most of the landmarks are in walking distance from each other, and it expands residentially outwards. It's a neat place to stay though if your hotel is in the centre as all the shopping/eating/drinking streets are there and it's a decently central spot for driving around, either out west into Connemara or south towards Clare. Not sure what you're after exactly, but for wilderness/landscape, some classic western spots near each other would be Clifden (town all the way on the west coast) and the 'sky road' that leaves it along the north coast for nice views of the atlantic, the Kylemore abbey and the Connemara National Park. The road itself from Galway to Clifden is rather scenic too imho, and some sections may be worth driving onto even to turn back afterwards, like the Maam Cross to Maam section between the hills. Southwards you've got Coole Park just before Gort, the tiny Dunguaire castle in Kinvara (as a short distraction if you're mostly driving around), the much bigger Bunratty castle much further south (driving there, visiting and driving back would make it close to a full day), and of course the whole Burren and Cliffs of Moher. If you don't mind the boat trip and spending a night there, you're also got the islands, with Inishmore or Inishbofin. Bofin is a bit more varied but further out. It has both hotel and hostel though, which may make things easier for your crowd.

Don't have much to recommend for the middle-of-nowhere accommodation I'm afraid but if it's Connemara you want to visit, you can probably safely pick any big hotel between Oughterard and Clifden (if there are any), it's pretty and rather empty.

And sure, can meet for a drink.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:34 pm 

PS. Latest WR rankings has Fra at 10th. Worst position ever. Now below Fiji: a country with a population smaller than Marseille. :|

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:46 pm 

Torquemada 1420 wrote:
PS. Latest WR rankings has Fra at 10th. Worst position ever. Now below Fiji: a country with a population smaller than Marseille. :|

Champagne!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:47 pm 

Torquemada 1420 wrote:

Not undeserved tbh, when was the last time we won a game? That said, ranks will fluctuate wildly for a few weeks, we'll see what it's like when the 6N dust settles.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:49 pm 

Heymans wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:

Champagne!!

Not from Marseille. More like a spliff and f**k me do we need it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:55 pm 

Heymans wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:

Champagne!!

Kava! (seems to work better )

Heymans or any Parisiens, have you been to the Uarena?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:06 pm 

lexpat wrote:
Heymans wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:

Champagne!!

Yeah I been there. From a professionnal point of view its absolute shit. Dunno about the viewing experience from the stands. Never been but it made me think of the Madison square garde, those big basket ball arenas they have in the US.

Used well its a great tool for a great rugby experience I think. Traditionalists wont like it though.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:07 pm 

So Couilloud is called, promising SH who has done well with Lyon. Makes sense to me.
Picachou is back. Makes sense too.

Now Beauxis... But who else really? Trinh-Duc? May be... Wisnieski? Doussain? :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:33 pm 

Heymans wrote:
lexpat wrote:
Heymans wrote:
Torquemada 1420 wrote:

Champagne!!

Yeah I been there. From a professionnal point of view its absolute shit. Dunno about the viewing experience from the stands. Never been but it made me think of the Madison square garde, those big basket ball arenas they have in the US.

Used well its a great tool for a great rugby experience I think. Traditionalists wont like it though.

:thumbup: I'll be there for La Rochelle, looks like good seats ( at the carré ciel et blanc, 3 or 4 roes above the players exit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:44 pm 

TheFrog wrote:
So Couilloud is called, promising SH who has done well with Lyon. Makes sense to me.

Now Beauxis... But who else really? Trinh-Duc? May be... Wisnieski? Doussain? :D

Doussain. There's an idea I should have mentioned earlier :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:48 pm 

La soule wrote:
TheFrog wrote:

IL sait faire la course molle?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:52 pm 

Laurent wrote:
La soule wrote:
TheFrog wrote:

IL sait faire la course molle?

Il court pas. Profile parfait.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:42 pm 

Toulon's Not Toulouse wrote:
Not undeserved tbh, when was the last time we won a game? That said, ranks will fluctuate wildly for a few weeks, we'll see what it's like when the 6N dust settles.
Someone told me that (not checked, to be taken with a pinch of salt), should we lose 3 out of the next 4 games of the 6N, we would fall to 11th place in the rankings, overtaken by... Georgia.

@TnT: thanks a great bunch for having taken the time and the useful tips. All 5 kids are below age 12, so wandering around in the wilderness and visiting an occasional castle, will be what we will be looking for. Whatever the weather !

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:57 pm 

GDBFC99 wrote:

Poor Bernie... Boooo... Cry me a river. :lol:

That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. :D Cry me an ocean Guy Noves, your universe-sized ego and 3 million euro !! This double standard is just going to progress over the course of the whole year and it's going to be fun keeping count of :nod:

We all have our little personal xv's every week, but, I just hope Brunel plays specifically Macalou. It would be a bit crazy to start neither Macalou nor Picamoles...for any team ! Those two are the sorts of players who can generate situations out of nothing, France needs a boost right now, it's bad enough they can't get it from the Dupont, Nakaitaci. I really want to see Macalou and Danty starting.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:06 am 

Xupi wrote:
Toulon's Not Toulouse wrote:
Someone told me that (not checked, to be taken with a pinch of salt), should we lose 3 out of the next 4 games of the 6N, we would fall to 11th place in the rankings, overtaken by... Georgia.

Hard to tell. Note Japan is the next team down but with no fixtures but if Fra loses to both Ita and Sco, then 11th looks certain.

Bernol
Quote:
La France ? Peut-être l'équipe la plus ennuyeuse du Tournoi…
The final ignominy: losing and boring.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:26 am 

TheFrog wrote:

Curious to know why Wisniewski never got a proper chance with Les Bleus. What's holding him back? Coaches or flaws in his game?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:37 am 

jezzer wrote:
TheFrog wrote:

Curious to know why Wisniewski never got a proper chance with Les Bleus. What's holding him back? Coaches or flaws in his game?

Fra FHs have tended to come in 2 varieties
- the Michalaks, Tin-Ducks. Talented attackers but with mediocre of poor kicking games.
- the Wis or Beauxis (although until his bad leg injury, Beauxis was very quick too) who are able kickers with no attacking threat

What they all have in common is a complete inability to manage a game or operate under pressure (the 2 go hand in hand) which all stems back to the disease of having SHs run the game in France.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:37 am 

jezzer wrote:
TheFrog wrote:

He was playing at Racing which should be a good enough reason.

he hardly plays now anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:43 am 

jezzer wrote:
TheFrog wrote:

This season at least, he got broken and has hardly played since, falling behind Belleau and TD. He might get some time in club with Belleau at the 6N, but there's not way he'll get called for France without playing in club.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:17 pm 

Dork Lard wrote:
GDBFC99 wrote:

That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. :D Cry me an ocean Guy Noves, your universe-sized ego and 3 million euro !! This double standard is just going to progress over the course of the whole year and it's going to be fun keeping count of :nod:

It's like in rugby, follow the laws and you'll be grand. Try to get around them if you wish, but don't blame it on your opponent if you get caught. We understand you have zero consideration for the laws and regulations of the working field. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:21 pm 

GDBFC99 wrote:
Dork Lard wrote:
GDBFC99 wrote:

It's like in rugby, follow the laws and you'll be grand. Try to get around them if you wish, but don't blame it on your opponent if you get caught. We understand you have zero consideration for the laws and regulations of the working field. :thumbup:

Hatred does that.

Has anyone watched the Scottish played last weekend? Were they bad?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:57 pm 

La soule wrote:
GDBFC99 wrote:
Dork Lard wrote:
GDBFC99 wrote:

Hatred does that.

Pityful, they played 5 minutes got intercepted and that was the end of it...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:18 pm 

La soule wrote:
GDBFC99 wrote:
Dork Lard wrote:
GDBFC99 wrote:

Hatred does that.

Odd game. Both sides wild and loose early on. Sco could have been level but butchered their chances and then the intercept happened. Wal calmed down a bit with a 14 margin. Sco chased the game but still no precision. Result = a hiding.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:32 pm 

jezzer wrote:
TheFrog wrote:

As someone who watched all teams with intent for a few years I can honestly tell you Wiwi was the best flyhalf during that span at Grenoble, and I'd say the co-best French fly-half of the past 6 years globally with obviously Lopez. His goal kicking even under pressure and from anywhere on the field became elite, his tactical kicking superb and consistent, and where he was soft defensively he turned much harder, very good fullback-like cover, and his most little known attribute: a brilliant passer with great vision and reading of the game.

His problem was timing/reputation during int'l windows: he was either injured at the moment of selection or snubbed for a bigger-market name (that was half the player each time).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:35 pm 

So, does that mean that we have a chance?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:00 pm 

La soule wrote:

a million to one I'd say :thumbup:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:39 pm 

Laurent wrote:
La soule wrote:

a million to one I'd say :thumbup:

More chance of anything coming from Mars..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:59 pm 

Dork Lard wrote:
jezzer wrote:
TheFrog wrote:

As someone who watched all teams with intent for a few years I can honestly tell you Wiwi was the best flyhalf during that span at Grenoble, and I'd say the co-best French fly-half of the past 6 years globally with obviously Lopez. His goal kicking even under pressure and from anywhere on the field became elite, his tactical kicking superb and consistent, and where he was soft defensively he turned much harder, very good fullback-like cover, and his most little known attribute: a brilliant passer with great vision and reading of the game.

His problem was timing/reputation during int'l windows: he was either injured at the moment of selection or snubbed for a bigger-market name (that was half the player each time).

Cheers.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:01 pm 

Torquemada 1420 wrote:
jezzer wrote:
TheFrog wrote:

Fra FHs have tended to come in 2 varieties
- the Michalaks, Tin-Ducks. Talented attackers but with mediocre of poor kicking games.
- the Wis or Beauxis (although until his bad leg injury, Beauxis was very quick too) who are able kickers with no attacking threat

What they all have in common is a complete inability to manage a game or operate under pressure (the 2 go hand in hand) which all stems back to the disease of having SHs run the game in France.

the issue I think is lack of depth at 10.

If you look at the Top14, you only have Beauxis, Jalibert, Plisson, Belleau and Trinh-Duc who get regular first team rugby. Pretty much all of those have been called now, and so far, none have been an obvious choice for the French XV. Lopez who was starting to get consistent was unfortunately injured.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:56 pm 

Eric Champ about "les gros bonnets de la FFR" :P

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:28 pm 

TheFrog wrote:
the issue I think is lack of depth at 10.

If you look at the Top14, you only have Beauxis, Jalibert, Plisson, Belleau and Trinh-Duc who get regular first team rugby. Pretty much all of those have been called now, and so far, none have been an obvious choice for the French XV. Lopez who was starting to get consistent was unfortunately injured.

I would dispute the claim France are weak at the 10 position. No nation can withstand losing their first choice 10, it's like the TH prop, those very difficult positions to develop and get the perfect combination of required skills/technique. Almost any nation would be left terribly affected by their 10 breaking his friggin leg. If you look at France, yes FTD has been a disappointment of ridiculosu (that's the way it came out, I'm going with it: ridiculosu) proportions since joining la rade in Toulon, yes Plisson is the perpetually incubated chick... but if you count Wisniewski who's by no standards in the world a scrub, add the youngsters in Belleau and Jalibert (or Javaux, played for Racing) with Ntamack in the background, and you consider there are still viable options in Beauxis, Tales, that's just about as standard situation for a Tier 1 nation as it gets.

Again: the problem isn't who's available (say, the time Lopez was in world class form and healthy), the problem is actually using them in a way that is efficient. In France, the flyhalf is considered a magician who practices the rare arts of random inspiration and creative conjuration. He's an individual who reigns supreme on the game and blesses it of his unique irresistible individuality. Other nations, well, they actually harness a flyhalf"s quality and put it to good use, in a proper system, which they actually work out at training. Like teams do in team sports.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:56 am 

If you read Torque's savant analysis of French rugby, the 10 is no ruler of any kind, but just another subject of His Majesty the scrum-half.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:45 am 

GDBFC99 wrote:

Pretty spot on. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:45 am 

Contrat BMW :lol:

Motherfuckers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:48 am 

La soule wrote:

Motherfuckers

Actually this one may be the easiest to pin on the doorman to send him packing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:08 am 

TheFrog wrote:
If you read Torque's savant analysis of French rugby, the 10 is no ruler of any kind, but just another subject of His Majesty the scrum-half.

That's pretty much a perfect summation.

This may be a reach, but I think the significance of that is reflected at the number of senior coaches who were SHs in France whereas I struggle to think of any in other nations.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:16 am 

La soule wrote:

Motherfuckers

Corrupt scum although I doubt this is any different to the past: just more visible now BMW and Altrad pollute the front of the national jerseys.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:30 am 

Étonnant hein, que des dirigeants soient juste là pour se gaver, sans vraiment avoir à avoir de résultats opérationnels sur le long terme, et sans rien avoir à assumer dans le futur ? Marrant aussi que leur chef soit bizarrement passé par un gouvernement (une pige quoi), marrant aussi que nombre de ses business soient basés sur des domaines de flan (et j'suis pas sympa pour le flan, c'est autrement plus compliqué à produire de façon stable et pérenne).

Bref, d'après vous, les gouvernants, les top managers, tous ces mecs qui veulent être "en haut" pour "ruler" le monde, sans vraiment rien assumer, en se gavant x1000, x10 000 par rapport au quidam qui se lève chaque jour pour produire et espérer gagner sa croute du mieux qu'il peut, ces mecs et gonzesses là disais-je, y zont guéri le cancer avant pour qu'on leur file tout ça ? Ils sont descendus de la montagne céleste sur les épaules de dieu ? Ils ont tant fait quoi ?

En gros, c'est dans leur ADN d'être et de faire ce qu'ils font. On n'est pas méga-chef/top-manager sans raison... le scorpion et la grenouille anybody ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:14 am 

La soule wrote:

Motherfuckers

There is an allegation that a Toulon youth player (and Bernie's business partner...), Julien Ory, was driving around in a BMW vehicle belonging to the FFR. Which is obviously forbidden since he's not a FFR employee (cue insurance problems, etc).

The guy denies it and says he actually owns a class A. Except his instagram was full of him driving a BMW. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 532, 533, 534, 535, 536, 537, 538 ... 561  Next