Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33724 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 835, 836, 837, 838, 839, 840, 841 ... 844  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:19 pm 

Check out "Too Old for the Road" on RTE1 now.
Holy Jaysus, some of the coffin dodgers still driving...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:40 pm 

Ah Jesus, that's awful news, if true. What a totally fucked up situation all around.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:43 pm 

I really hope it's not true. It's poor form to start a story like that if unfounded though.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:45 pm 

Flametop wrote:
I really hope it's not true. It's poor form to start a story like that if unfounded though.
I have perpetuated it now that I think about it :blush:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:47 pm 

EverReady wrote:
Flametop wrote:

You've stated it's a rumour at this stage, so I think you're above board.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:49 pm 

deleted

Last edited by captainshamrock on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:50 pm 

Flametop wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Flametop wrote:

You've stated it's a rumour at this stage, so I think you're above board.

Pretty fûcked up if it is because everybody, and I mean nearly everybody, in the town my missus is from is talking about it. Tbf I shouldn't have posted it without evidence. Ah well.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:53 pm 

Last edited by EverReady on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:56 pm 

Last edited by Flametop on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:00 pm 

Missus just told me everybody south of Athy knows so I feel slightly less bad.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:01 pm 

Last edited by redderneck on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:02 pm 

Post deleted. Follow suit if you like.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:06 pm 

Done. Nothing served by sharing it really

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:08 pm 

Poor fella. RIP.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:09 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
Poor fella. RIP.

Yeah. Just that

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:12 pm 

I've edited also. I think just one quote left if the poster wants to edit also.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:35 pm 

Came late to the party, somewhat confused by all the deletions, anyone care to post a sensitive enlightenment?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:18 am 

JoeyFantastic wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:
redderneck wrote:
Yup. I mean - with the best will in the world - none of those 4 aforementioned SHOULD be sitting at any cabinet table worthy of the name. It should not be an issue, but it is. I would have a bit of time for Niall Collins of FF, but by and large, not for his party. The calibre of public rep in the MidWest doesn't reflect well on the MidWest voters...

If you want exemptions from property tax or help with your planning application, Willie O'Dea is your man but beyond that, Galway and Limerick has a very low quality of representation.

Jan O'Sullivan and Noonan were great for the city in the last Government (or second last I guess now), but Noonan is retiring and O'Sullivan might be retiring. I like Keiran O'Donnell and Patrick O'Donovan but I'm not sure either has anything close to a vision. Quinlivan hasn't done anything since being made a TD, but that was to be expected.

Jan going again.

barring meteor strike

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:47 am 

I see a cyclist was killed in Rathfarnham yesterday.

That's 3 cyclists killed in the Terenure-Rathfarnham area in the last 3 months. Quite shocking.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:57 am 

Bullettyme wrote:

That's 3 cyclists killed in the Terenure-Rathfarnham area in the last 3 months. Quite shocking.

That's dreadful but not surprising considering the massive increase in cyclist numbers over the past few years and the complete lack of roadcraft that many have.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:12 am 

Not a single arrest in any of the fatalities this year AFAIK.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:14 am 

The Sun God wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

That's dreadful but not surprising considering the massive increase in cyclist numbers over the past few years and the complete lack of roadcraft that many have.

Complete nonsense.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:15 am 

Gavin Duffy wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

Complete nonsense.

Ok whatever you say.....you are usually bang on the money.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:16 am 

The Sun God wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

Complete nonsense.

Ok whatever you say.....you are usually bang on the money.

Have you read up on any of the cases? Of course not.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:31 am 

Whats the craic with Leo backing up his AG mate getting a job for the girls?

I assume Statto, Camroc and rFurlong have blamed FF?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:34 am 

I love the sliminess of Shane Ross over the whole thing. What a hypocrite. I'd love to see someone really go for him over the whole issue.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:35 am 

Mullet 2 wrote:

I'm sitting in the Piazza Maggiore in Bologna at the moment with a bottle of sparkling rose in front of me.
Chin chin old chap.Leo can do no wrong from here.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:37 am 

alliswell wrote:
I love the sliminess of Shane Ross over the whole thing. What a hypocrite. I'd love to see someone really go for him over the whole issue.

Sure he just started screaming when his immense hypocrisy was pointed out to him.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:48 am 

A man in his 50s has died while cycling to work after a car was in collision with his bicycle in Rathfarnham, Dublin.
Padraic Carney (53) had left his house on Butterfield Close shortly after 8am yesterday morning and was cycling down Butterfield Park when his bike and a car collided at the junction with Butterfield Crescent.
Local residents and builders who were working on a house nearby rushed to his aid and and assisted as best they could until the emergency services arrived.

But Mr Carney, who was the popular principal of St Louis Senior Primary School in Rathmines, was brought by ambulance to Tallaght Hospital where he later died from his injuries.
The circumstances of the crash are currently being investigated by gardai at Rathfarnham garda station. The incident is being treated as a tragic accident.

The elderly driver of the car involved was uninjured but shaken by the crash.

--- But yeah it was the cyclist :roll: .

I live very very close to there. The road is not a main road at all - I dont understand how a car could have been going fast enough to cause a fatality in the first place. As a cyclist this stuff is scary.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:50 am 

camroc1 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

I'm sitting in the Piazza Maggiore in Bologna at the moment with a bottle of sparkling rose in front of me.
Chin chin old chap.Leo can do no wrong from here.

Very nice restaurant on the Piazza, Al Voltone....... Great for lunch.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:55 am 

Mullet 2 wrote:

What comment does this refer to exactly?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:55 am 

The Sun God wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

I think that's a pretty cruel and harsh statement there, bordering on "well they deserved it". Do you know anything of the accidents?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:58 am 

nardol wrote:
A man in his 50s has died while cycling to work after a car was in collision with his bicycle in Rathfarnham, Dublin.
Padraic Carney (53) had left his house on Butterfield Close shortly after 8am yesterday morning and was cycling down Butterfield Park when his bike and a car collided at the junction with Butterfield Crescent.
Local residents and builders who were working on a house nearby rushed to his aid and and assisted as best they could until the emergency services arrived.

But Mr Carney, who was the popular principal of St Louis Senior Primary School in Rathmines, was brought by ambulance to Tallaght Hospital where he later died from his injuries.
The circumstances of the crash are currently being investigated by gardai at Rathfarnham garda station. The incident is being treated as a tragic accident.

The elderly driver of the car involved was uninjured but shaken by the crash.

--- But yeah it was the cyclist :roll: .

I live very very close to there. The road is not a main road at all - I dont understand how a car could have been going fast enough to cause a fatality in the first place. As a cyclist this stuff is scary.

Depends how fast he was going tbf, not the car. Car could have cut him off or shot out from an intersection, or pulled too far out from a driveway. Happens all the times with some eijits looking the other way.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:58 am 

The Sun God wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

Ascribe it to the complete lack of roadcraft most Irish road users display frequently, and I'll buy what you're selling; otherwise - shitehawkery TSG.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:02 pm 

Sad to say, but when I hear a news report which mentions 'elderly driver' I immediately apportion blame by default without hearing/reading anything else about the specifics of the accident, in much the same way as I do when I hear "18/19/20 year old driver" and/or "accident happened after 11PM..."

:blush:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:03 pm 

redderneck wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

Ascribe it to the complete lack of roadcraft most Irish road users display frequently, and I'll buy what you're selling; otherwise - shitehawkery TSG.

The fact that his immediate reaction is to effectively say it was the cyclists fault is symptomatic of the real problem: road users attitudes towards cyclists.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:08 pm 

de_Selby wrote:
redderneck wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

The fact that his immediate reaction is to effectively say it was the cyclists fault is symptomatic of the real problem: road users attitudes towards cyclists.

I would go as far as saying its road users attitude towards each other period. Nothing to do with mode of transport.
The problem for cyclists (in ireland) is that they are made to share the road at the side and are a sort of after thought

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:10 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

I think that's a pretty cruel and harsh statement there, bordering on "well they deserved it". Do you know anything of the accidents?

Oh shove it up your ass. Where the fcuk did I say anything of the sort .
Commuting cyclists have increased in number by 40% in the greater Dublin area between censuses. That's quite a few more bikes on the road since 2011 and from my own experience, many have very little awareness when cycling. The City center is full of 'rent a bike' stands with people taking them out with no headgear, no experience and more often than not with their ear buds blasting out the latest one direction album.

Fcuk you you sanctimonious little prick.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:14 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

I think you reading what you want into the post.

And I am seeing an increasing amount of cyclists and with it and increase in breathtaking stupidity.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:14 pm 

TSG, you're the one going off on one about cyclists and what a danger they are to themselves, when you know nothing about who is to blame.

Oh and you forgot to mention motor tax, that's always a good one. Cyclist don't pay it dontyaknow.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33724 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 835, 836, 837, 838, 839, 840, 841 ... 844  Next