Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1077, 1078, 1079, 1080, 1081, 1082, 1083 ... 1097  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:36 pm 

CM11 wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
Read wrong but second point stands, loads of cars, walkers and cyclists out and about.

Well, that was my question. As I said, seems odd that someone who'd done this before would do it so shoddily so I do wonder if it was the first time or he was mentally unstable and just couldn't help himself.

He was about to lose his license for drunk driving. Maybe he figured it was his last chance for a while?

Also, predators/serial killers can get sloppy after they've had a few successes. They start to take more risks and the period between attacks becomes more frequent. Media coverage tends to accelerate it. There was weekly(or monthly) serial back in the 80s/90s about serial killers my brothers had. Went thru a load of serial killers like Son of Sam, Acid bath murder, Moors etc.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:39 pm 

paddyor wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
Read wrong but second point stands, loads of cars, walkers and cyclists out and about.

Well, that was my question. As I said, seems odd that someone who'd done this before would do it so shoddily so I do wonder if it was the first time or he was mentally unstable and just couldn't help himself.

He was about to lose his license for drunk driving. Maybe he figured it was his last chance for a while?

Also, predators/serial killers can get sloppy after they've had a few successes. They start to take more risks and the period between attacks becomes more frequent. Media coverage tends to accelerate it. There was weekly(or monthly) serial back in the 80s/90s about serial killers my brothers had. Went thru a load of serial killers like Son of Sam, Acid bath murder, Moors etc.

I wonder did the other murder prompt this one?

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:46 pm 

Unless they're connected (and I think we'll know pretty quickly if they are - possibly already), I don't think we'll ever know. My guess is it was losing his car.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:48 pm 

Bit of an overreaction over losing a Qashqai.
Would he have gunned down Dundrum Town Centre if he'd had a fancier car?!

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:49 pm 

Leinsterman wrote:
Bit of an overreaction over losing a Qashqai.
Would he have gunned down Dundrum Town Centre if he'd had a fancier car?!

:lol:

I wonder what my limit is?

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:53 pm 

paddyor wrote:
Unless they're connected (and I think we'll know pretty quickly if they are - possibly already), I don't think we'll ever know. My guess is it was losing his car.

Didn't really mean they were connected, just that the murder set him off. Someone mentioned the possibility that he might have thought she was younger because she was short enough.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:00 pm 

CM11 wrote:
paddyor wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

Double Post
Bored is fecked again

Last edited by themaddog on Mon May 21, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:19 pm 

CM11 wrote:
paddyor wrote:

Didn't really mean they were connected, just that the murder set him off. Someone mentioned the possibility that he might have thought she was younger because she was short enough.

I got that, just badly phrased on my part.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:22 pm 

CM11 wrote:
paddyor wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-n ... m-12537691
More likely he was getting restless

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:30 pm 

themaddog wrote:
CM11 wrote:
paddyor wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

That's the ones I was thinking of, and I was thinking of another one in Bray. Animal, glad he's been put down but just a bit too late.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:48 pm 

Loadsa women on twitter connecting these recent attacks/murders with male privilege. :uhoh:

That's incredibly f**king insulting.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:54 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
Loadsa women on twitter connecting these recent attacks/murders with male privilege. :uhoh:

There's a general sense that men should keep their heads down and not call women out on BS like that when they see it. Don't get involved/draw them on yourself sort of vibe.

It's bollocks. Anyone needs to be told they're talking shite when they are. Male, female, Welsh.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:57 pm 

redderneck wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

There's a general sense that men should keep their heads down and not call women out on BS like that when they see it. Don't get involved/draw them on yourself sort of vibe.

It's bollocks. Anyone needs to be told they're talking shite when they are. Male, female, Welsh.

Yeah, seems to be a notion that they can insinuate that all men are a bad day away from becoming rapist murderers and that calling them out on it is defending the few freaks.
Ridiculous really.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:06 pm 

Nolanator wrote:

Yeah, read a couple of comments on the journal article to that effect.

It's insulting but also incredibly insensitive to score points in that manner.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:13 pm 

themaddog wrote:
CM11 wrote:
paddyor wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:

Well, yes, that's what I was getting at. He had already attacked women and the media coverage of the other sexual assault/murder set him off again.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:53 pm 

Note found in the car. Looks like suicide by cop.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:01 pm 

Poor bloody woman...feel for her family...and that scumbags poor wife and kids too...

I was walking my dog in the Scalp on Sunday morning...called the Bray Garda station and the Garda confidential line there...neither line is currently manned...which is a bit mad given they are requesting people in the area contact them asap. :uhoh:

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:09 pm 

I don't blame women for being pissed off this week actually

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:25 pm 

themaddog wrote:
Note found in the car. Looks like suicide by cop.

Hearing a different story now. Apparently the shot wasn't intended to be fatal.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 10:57 pm 

Flametop wrote:
Does a 2017 Nissan Qashqai have Sat Nav installed as standard or only as an optional extra?
If it does, does it record the details of where it has been?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-a ... 2?mode=amp

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 11:00 pm 

Flametop wrote:
Flametop wrote:
Does a 2017 Nissan Qashqai have Sat Nav installed as standard or only as an optional extra?

Too quick off the mark. I was going to quote your post and point out you clearly had thought about how to murder a women before

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 11:06 pm 

EverReady wrote:
Flametop wrote:
Flametop wrote:

Too quick off the mark. I was going to quote your post and point out you clearly had thought about how to murder a women before

I wouldn’t be doing it my wife’s SAT NAV equipped Nissan Qashqui that I was videoed buying in Windsor motors.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 11:11 pm 

Flametop wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Flametop wrote:
Flametop wrote:

I wouldn’t be doing it my wife’s SAT NAV equipped Nissan Qashqui that I was videoed buying in Windsor motors.

Tbf us perverts have learnt a lot the last few days

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:31 am 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Anybody here ever had somebody come at them with a knife?

Do you reckon you'd think it was "just a knife" if it was you standing there?

the Limerick lads would be in the crocodile dundee category if they saw this fella coming at them with a knife. I think the only point being made is that yeah, if you're average joe soap saw someone coming at them with a knife and they had a gun in their hand then yeah, they'd just shot them. The point is that this is not the case here. They knew they were searching for someone that had abducted someone and that this person was the only person that knew where she was. This was a day after so they should have prepared for the situation that unfolded . I think its a legitimate question to ask if you're a trained professional would you not have had a taser gun or were all other options exhausted first ? I'm assuming that the internal review process is asking those questions.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:35 am 

paddyor wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
danthefan wrote:
Is there any hint of the motive for either of the two recent murders? Really is shocking stuff.

I suspect the Lucan case is kids messing, that got very out of hand, followed by blind panic.

The Pillipino girl one seems to be simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Messing? She was stripped and beaten to death. Thats either a predator or a really fucked up kid, like from the Bolger case.

the brutality of it and the attempt to deny it after without simply breaking down did remind me of the Bolger case.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:37 am 

ticketlessinseattle wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

the Limerick lads would be in the crocodile dundee category if they saw this fella coming at them with a knife. I think the only point being made is that yeah, if you're average joe soap saw someone coming at them with a knife and they had a gun in their hand then yeah, they'd just shot them. The point is that this is not the case here. They knew they were searching for someone that had abducted someone and that this person was the only person that knew where she was. This was a day after so they should have prepared for the situation that unfolded . I think its a legitimate question to ask if you're a trained professional would you not have had a taser gun or were all other options exhausted first ? I'm assuming that the internal review process is asking those questions.

Did you read the article I posted?

The detective responding to the sighting of the guy was armed, but had no taser.
Once use of firearms is deemed necessary, the Gardaí shoot for the torso and continue to do so until the target is no longer a threat. We don't know if the guy lunged and the detective, whether he went to ram him with his car etc.

We don't know the details, so it's just ridiculous saying what they could have done differently from your chair.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:38 am 

Any word back on the DNA from that case. Believe it was due yesterday and should go a long way to progressing it to a close.

Extremely disturbing if it does transpire that it was young teenagers

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:39 am 

EverReady wrote:

yup....we're getting a bit snow flaky.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:40 am 

Mullet 2 wrote:

You are wrong.

An armed Garda just has to believe that his, another Gardas, or a third persons life is being put in danger to be legally allowed to discharge his gun at an attacker. And as has been pointed out several times, they shoot to stop the danger. A man armed with a knife running at you, other Gardaí or third persons certainly fulfills those criteria imo.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:42 am 

Nolanator wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

Did you read the article I posted?

The detective responding to the sighting of the guy was armed, but had no taser.
Once use of firearms is deemed necessary, the Gardaí shoot for the torso and continue to do so until the target is no longer a threat. We don't know if the guy lunged and the detective, whether he went to ram him with his car etc.

We don't know the details, so it's just ridiculous saying what they could have done differently from your chair.

i never said i had the details and that i'm simply wondering why he had no taser for example given that he was likely to encounter the only person who knew where the victim was, its actually that simple.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:46 am 

Again, did you read the article? It's like you're deliberately ignoring it.

Detectives aren't routinely equipped with tasers. The ERU are, but they weren't in the area to confront the suspect.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:51 am 

CM11 wrote:
It's not just Mortons. It's everyone on one side wanting to go towards Rathmines being funneled into Ranelagh and then everyone on the other side wanting to go to Clonskeagh/Donnybrook also being funneled into Ranelagh. On roads that aren't suitable. Not that the roads currently used are suitable either, I suppose!

Just seems unnecessary if they could find a better solution.

And here's the main reason there is an group pressuring against the Green line being converted to Metro. Houses near the Charlemont, Ranelagh, Beechwood and Cowper stations, the stretch of line that will be most affected by conversion to Metro being the highest valued along the line.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/if- ... -1.3503347

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:08 am 

EverReady wrote:

Can nobody else be pissed off?

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:22 am 

Mullet 2 wrote:

Yes he was a trained detective. They are not trained to shoot people in the f**king leg.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:23 am 

Nolanator wrote:

Detectives aren't routinely equipped with tasers. The ERU are, but they weren't in the area to confront the suspect.

Ticketless doesn't like to read articles that might cause him to reassess his initial opinion.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:24 am 

CM11 wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Ticketless doesn't like to read articles that might cause him to reassess his initial opinion.

I was angling for that! :lol:
He knows best based on his initial reaction, rather than what trained professionals in the field state. :nod:

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:24 am 

It reads like trolling now tbh.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:25 am 

Crazed madman murderer running at you with a knife - why didn’t you just shoot him in the leg :lol: f**king internet

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:30 am 

Duff Paddy wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
Depressing reading. A possible serial killer then? Or serial sex offender?

Or a sex offender with no convictions?

No way - this guy was a complete amateur. I was hoping they’d finally got Larry Murphy, who is back living in Dublin, but he’s far too smart to do something like this guy did.

Christ I don't know about that, he should be locked up for life but there'd be uproar if he murdered again after being released

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:30 am 

paddyor wrote:
It reads like trolling now tbh.

That thought did strike me already when he was refusing to acknowledge any facts in the cervical cancer argument. Almost Silver like.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1077, 1078, 1079, 1080, 1081, 1082, 1083 ... 1097  Next