Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49856 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 1247  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:22 pm 

Welcome back Mig btw.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:23 pm 

Uncle Fester wrote:
Welcome back Mig btw.

cheers boss. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:23 pm 

Miguel Indurain wrote:
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2013/0301/breaking16.html

Seanie Fitz

Unfortunately he is only likely to get about 6 months for this. Our corporate laws are piss poor to say the least.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:47 pm 

Miguel Indurain wrote:

Seanie Fitz

Was just going to post that. Was it Duff and Fester back in the days of the old, old thread who opined that there would be no court cases and no one would see gaol. Well it might have been slow happening, but Sean Fitz is facing the music.

Now for Fingers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:48 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
Miguel Indurain wrote:

Seanie Fitz

Was just going to post that. Was it Duff and Fester back in the days of the old, old thread who opined that there would be no court cases and no one would see gaol. Well it might have been slow happening, but Sean Fitz is facing the music.

Now for Fingers.

I would wait for the trial and conviction and see what the sentence is before you get to excited cammy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:54 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
Miguel Indurain wrote:

Seanie Fitz

Now for Fingers.

I have long since resigned myself to the fact that the closest any of these guys will come to justice, is being guest of honour in a funeral cortege which passers by don't bother to pause out of respect for.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:06 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
Miguel Indurain wrote:

Seanie Fitz

Now for Fingers.

I can't remember tbh.

I wonder will the swapping of deposits billion between IL&P and Anglo for ever get to court?
http://www.broadsheet.ie/2011/11/25/kev ... ack-loans/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:37 am 

http://www.independent.ie/business/iris ... 06920.html

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/bre ... king5.html

Got to love this both major newspapers reporting completely different figures for the Bank of Ireland results with the Indo saying losses widened from c.€200m to €2.1bn and the times saying they have narrowed by 2% to €1.5bn. Really is mind boggling.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:54 am 

Third of mortgage holders in arrears 'choosing not to pay'. Thought so. P.ie is full of the cnuts.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:01 am 

Uncle Fester wrote:
Third of mortgage holders in arrears 'choosing not to pay'. Thought so. P.ie is full of the cnuts.

You only figuring that out now, what sent you over the edge UF?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:01 am 

Uncle Fester wrote:

A very risky strategy considering the government is closing the 'loophole'.

I would have no sympathy for them.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:19 am 

piaras wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:

My free-market pay-the-debts-or-lose-the-asset philosophy doesn't require much tweaking to get a response from them.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:28 am 

Uncle Fester wrote:
piaras wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:

My free-market pay-the-debts-or-lose-the-asset philosophy doesn't require much tweaking to get a response from them.

True enough. There are some serious clowns over there alright. Funny to watch them implode when something doesn't go the way they think it should.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:46 am 

camroc1 wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:

Are these the type of people that refused to pay the 100 euro household charge? Then they complain about the country being in a rut. Pay up then you are helping with fixing the country.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:51 am 

Brumby_in_Vic wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:

Are these the type of people that refused to pay the 100 euro household charge? Then they complain about the country being in a rut. Pay up then you are helping with fixing the country.

If P.ie was a reliable indicator, only 1% of Irish people would have paid the charge.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:52 am 

Uncle Fester wrote:
Brumby_in_Vic wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:

If P.ie was a reliable indicator, only 1% of Irish people would have paid the charge.

And Sinn Fein would have an overall majority.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:29 pm 

piaras wrote:
http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/bank-of-ireland-losses-widen-to-a-massive-21bn-29106920.html

Got to love this both major newspapers reporting completely different figures for the Bank of Ireland results with the Indo saying losses widened from c.€200m to €2.1bn and the times saying they have narrowed by 2% to €1.5bn. Really is mind boggling.

Both correct.

From BBG - The pretax loss widened to 2.2 billion euros ($2.8 billion) from 190 million euros a year earlier, as one-time gains from buying back junior bonds at a discount to par value in 2011 wasn’t repeated, the Dublin-based bank said in a statement today. Excluding one-time items, pretax losses narrowed to 1.49 billion euros from 1.52 billion euros.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:30 pm 

giojuarez666 wrote:
piaras wrote:
http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/bank-of-ireland-losses-widen-to-a-massive-21bn-29106920.html

Both correct.

From BBG - The pretax loss widened to 2.2 billion euros ($2.8 billion) from 190 million euros a year earlier, as one-time gains from buying back junior bonds at a discount to par value in 2011 wasn’t repeated, the Dublin-based bank said in a statement today. Excluding one-time items, pretax losses narrowed to 1.49 billion euros from 1.52 billion euros.

Fair enough still is very interesting re the tone that both the papers took to go with in their articles. Is replicated throughout both papers.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:44 am 

Was in my parents today and read the Sindo.

INM has a serious knife into the govt.

And allof thge columnists are playing ball, all bought and paid for at this stage, obviously.

What did catch my eye was a Colm McCarthy piece in reaction to the Engineers Ireland (IEI) report on taking the opportunity of investing in infrastructure.

Hackery at its best/worst, and the man should be ashamed of himself.

(I seem to recall McCarthy being quite Keynesian during the '80s recession)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:26 am 

Brumby_in_Vic wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:

fudge right off, household charges do nothing but provide expense accounts to local councillors

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:10 am 

thekingsnotdead wrote:
Brumby_in_Vic wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:

fudge right off, household charges do nothing but provide expense accounts to local councillors

It's still a tax and you have to pay it regardless. Political parties and interest groups promoting tax evasion aren't helping the country.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:21 am 

thekingsnotdead wrote:
Brumby_in_Vic wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:

You could argue that income tax does the same thing for TDs and senators so why the f*ck pay that.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:24 am 

camroc1 wrote:

And allof thge columnists are playing ball, all bought and paid for at this stage, obviously.

What did catch my eye was a Colm McCarthy piece in reaction to the Engineers Ireland (IEI) report on taking the opportunity of investing in infrastructure.

They don't even try to hide their pro-FF agenda anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:26 am 

Uncle Fester wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

And [b]allof thge columnists[/b] are playing ball, all bought and paid for at this stage, obviously.

Even Fionnan Sheehan, don't think I have ever seen him write a pro-FF article. He gave Shatter a B+ in his year end review of ministers and that was after single handedly losing the judicial review and the upward rent review legislation blowing up in his face.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:35 am 

Ah they keep a tame Gene Kerrigan who rants at everybody to maintain a pretense of evenhandedness but the fawning coverage of Mickey Martin makes their angle plain for all to see. The Sean Gallagher coverage was especially bad. They've been like this since the infamous "payback" headline in 1997 in revenge for that mobile phone license business.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:46 pm 

piaras wrote:
giojuarez666 wrote:
piaras wrote:

Both correct.

Fair enough still is very interesting re the tone that both the papers took to go with in their articles. Is replicated throughout both papers.

Shocking results really. BoI are supposed to be the model pillar bank. Now wait till we find out what state the real basketcases are in.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:49 pm 

piaras wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

And [b]allof thge columnists[/b] are playing ball, all bought and paid for at this stage, obviously.

Even Fionnan Sheehan, don't think I have ever seen him write a pro-FF article. He gave Shatter a B+ in his year end review of ministers and that was after single handedly losing the judicial review and the upward rent review legislation blowing up in his face.

That would be Fionnan Sheahan, married to FF senator Avril Power.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:17 pm 

epaddy wrote:
piaras wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

That would be Fionnan Sheahan, married to FF senator Avril Power.

Yep that would be him, he might be married to a FFer but he is most definitely a blue shirt.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:28 pm 

Cammy better not read this but Revealed: huge inequity in rural/city property tax.

Thanks for paying our property tax lads. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:37 pm 

Mortgage arrears are up despite an increase in employment.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:59 pm 

MSD in Rathdrum gone. 280 jobs gone.
Not entirely unexpected news but these are very well paying jobs and not easily replaced.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:02 pm 

Uncle Fester wrote:
Not entirely unexpected news but these are very well paying jobs and not easily replaced.

Not unexpected at all. Did a lot of work for SP at one time, both there and Brinny, and Rathdrum was aleays considered an oddball.

Regarding the property tax, expect changes to include some portion for sq footage.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:36 pm 

I see The Examiner is FUBAR. Could be gonnnnnnne soon.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:00 am 

Gavin Duffy wrote:

Been under a rock?

It's already been bought out by management. It's the Post that's really up shit creek.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:02 am 

camroc1 wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:

Not unexpected at all. Did a lot of work for SP at one time, both there and Brinny, and Rathdrum was aleays considered an oddball.

Regarding the property tax, expect changes to include some portion for sq footage.

Square footage is wrong too. We already have the smallest homes in western Europe (despite the lowest population density) and I don't see what we have to gain by penalising folk for having reasonable living space.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:03 am 

Uncle Fester wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote:

Been under a rock?

It's already been bought out by management. It's the Post that's really up shit creek.

The Examiner is in serious shit - the IT (I know) has a good article on the debt they owe for paying silly money for papers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:10 am 

Cork Con mafia won't let them fall.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:33 am 

Uncle Fester wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:

Square footage is wrong too. We already have the smallest homes in western Europe (despite the lowest population density) and I don't see what we have to gain by penalising folk for having reasonable living space.

Property tax punishes home ownership. No fair way to do it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:41 am 

[quote="

Property tax punishes home ownership. No fair way to do it.[/quote]

But - if ptsb own my home until I pay off the mortgage?????? They constantly send me letters telling me they own my property.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:45 am 

I see Jack O'Connor now wants free houses for debt defaulters.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49856 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 1247  Next