Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:29 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50564 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1209, 1210, 1211, 1212, 1213, 1214, 1215 ... 1265  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:04 pm 

paddyor wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
The Irish times are such scum. They have a photo of the hearse carrying the body of Emma Mhic Mathuna driving past the gates of Leinster house. Cause it’s Leo and Harris who killed her like. It f**king dangerous having a media so bloody stupid and irresponsible

The whole thing was a farce. Like sorry for your loss but get over yourself it wasn't negligence that killed her. Some doctors were snotty.

That's not even the point. Even if the lab was negligent, you'd need to prove the HSE were negligent in choosing the lab. People are treating these 'errors' as if they were avoidable, I've yet to hear the argument how.

The separate argument about disclosure of info is very relevant but not sure it requires a publicity stunt.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:20 pm 

CM11 wrote:
paddyor wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
The Irish times are such scum. They have a photo of the hearse carrying the body of Emma Mhic Mathuna driving past the gates of Leinster house. Cause it’s Leo and Harris who killed her like. It f**king dangerous having a media so bloody stupid and irresponsible

The whole thing was a farce. Like sorry for your loss but get over yourself it wasn't negligence that killed her. Some doctors were snotty.

That's not even the point. Even if the lab was negligent, you'd need to prove the HSE were negligent in choosing the lab. People are treating these 'errors' as if they were avoidable, I've yet to hear the argument how.

The separate argument about disclosure of info is very relevant but not sure it requires a publicity stunt.

I'm sure. It doesn't.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:37 pm 

favourite to take over from Denis Naughton? Given what happened it today with the tribunal report it could be Frances Fitzgerald, I think she could be favourite, or Hildegarde Naughton. I think it will be a female, if it happens.

Or will there be a general election first?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:40 pm 

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:
favourite to take over from Denis Naughton? Given what happened it today with the tribunal report it could be Frances Fitzgerald, I think she could be favourite, or Hildegarde Naughton. I think it will be a female, if it happens.

Get Fitzgerald back in the public eye. Perfect opportunity.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:46 pm 

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:

Naughton was very foolish, or naive. I don't think anyone would have any difficulties with a Minister for Communications meeting a tenderer. The problem is not minuting the meeting and putting it on the public record.

Will the Independent Alliance not want one of their own for the job ?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:03 pm 

He's not in the Independent Alliance. He's barely an independent, really. Glad to see the back of him anyway. Shitty tenure ignoring climate change to satisfy culchies.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:03 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:

Naughton was very foolish, or naive. I don't think anyone would have any difficulties with a Minister for Communications meeting a tenderer. The problem is not minuting the meeting and putting it on the public record.

Will the Independent Alliance not want one of their own for the job ?

Jesus farking christ I hope not.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:04 pm 

alliswell wrote:
He's not in the Independent Alliance. He's barely an independent, really. Glad to see the back of him anyway. Shitty tenure ignoring climate change to satisfy culchies.

Bord na Mona you mean and the votes they would have given him.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:15 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Remind me of what the deal with FrannieFitz was? There's something new to be outraged by every 6 months, so I forget older ones.

From the IT, who should be first in line to apologise.

Since we're all for trawling through old posts on here...
camroc1 wrote:
Malahide Mullet wrote:
Eh McCabe was right.

The division is a shambles and responsible for the death of a woman because they were too lazy to file paperwork.

McCabe gilded the lily somewhat.

What is true is that Shatter and Callinan were hounded from office for no other reason than political and particularly media assassination. And whilst you may say Shatter was fair game as a politician, Callinan was hounded shamelessly from office for nothing more than political sport by those who should know better. Both mens actions have been completely vindicated by the report.

And if you think that hounding a Garda Commissioner from office for a bit of political sport is the role of an opposition party Mullet, I'm not sure what FF think of the cornerstones of our state.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:20 pm 

Christ, you're some sad bastard. :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:29 pm 

camroc1 wrote:

:thumbup:
Nice to see you're still pontificating on the subject you self righteous old fool

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:33 pm 

alliswell wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

Nice to see you're still pontificating on the subject you self righteous old fool

Glad to see you take this place far, far more seriously than real life.

Continue the good work. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:34 pm 

Delighted for McCabe. These last years must have been hell for him. A brave man surrounded by blackguards. He'll sleep well tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:36 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
alliswell wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

You're allowed to admit you called it wrong you know, cam. Bluster is unbecoming.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:40 pm 

Massey Ferguson wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
alliswell wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

You're allowed to admit you called it wrong you know, cam. Bluster is unbecoming.

Sure it wouldn't be cam without the bluster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:59 pm 

alliswell wrote:
Massey Ferguson wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
alliswell wrote:
camroc1 wrote:

Sure it wouldn't be cam without the bluster

Those comments date from 2014, I think, and the publication of the Guerin report on the resignations of Callinan and Shatter.

At that stage no one had any idea of the skullduggery of Callinan and Taylor in smearing McCabe as a child molestor. That info did not become public until 2017, I think.

Now Knowitall may think it amusing to take a comment out of context, and then use it to poke fun at me in the light of info that only came to light 3 years later. I've over 42k posts , I'm sure I've left lots of hostages to fortune, but in the end it's water off a ducks back to me. I just didn't realise that I now have my own particular stalker spending his days trawling years of my posts to WIN at the internet.

Well done. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:01 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:07 pm 

alliswell wrote:

Still prior to the horrible allegations against McCabe being made public.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:12 pm 

Cam calling someone a knowitall :lol: fudge me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:19 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
Cam calling someone a knowitall :lol: fudge me.

:D :smug:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:38 pm 

Naughton is gone because he didn’t need disclose the various meetings he had, when he had the chance to do so

He then goes to Varadkar and says, “shure can’t you just keep me and move the rural broadband stuff to some other ministry”

Varadkar rightfully tells him to get fvcked and not to let the door hit him on the way out

Naughton goes into the dail and tells everyone that he’s a victim of the taoiseachs obsession with PR

Varadkar then goes into the dail and tells the deputies that naughton didn’t disclose his additional meetings until this morning

Naughton goes on the 6-1 news and says he told Varadkar about the extra meetings last night ..... which appears to be a barefaced lie or else Varadkar has just misled the dail

Naughton has come across as a childish prick ..... and his lie on the news should force him to resign his seat ..... or else if it’s true then Varadkar should resign as Taoiseach

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:42 pm 

Brexit about to get very interesting indeed,

From the FT :

Quote:

Cabinet ministers briefed on the talks said the vexed issue of the Irish backstop — the last outstanding issue in negotiations on an exit withdrawal treaty — was close to being settled.

Mrs May has signalled she can accept demands by Brussels that Northern Ireland remain part of the single market during the period of a backstop — the treaty guarantee that there would be no return to a physical border in Ireland.

That would mean checks on industrial goods and other products travelling from mainland Britain to Northern Ireland, although Michel Barnier, EU chief negotiator, insisted these would be minimal.

The DUP strongly opposes the plan.

Mr Barnier is set to agree Britain’s demand for the backstop to include references to a customs union to the whole UK, which would avoid a customs border in the Irish Sea while a more comprehensive UK-EU trade agreement is completed.

Mrs May has accepted that there should be no firm end date to the backstop, although language will be found to say that it will be a temporary arrangement with “a clear pathway” to a final trade deal, intended to create frictionless trade.

https://www.ft.com/content/30fbcb64-cd7 ... ad351828ab

Expect the DUP to go even more loco; and SAmmy Wilson to self combust.

Popcorn time.....................

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:04 pm 

rfurlong wrote:
Naughton is gone because he didn’t need disclose the various meetings he had, when he had the chance to do so

He then goes to Varadkar and says, “shure can’t you just keep me and move the rural broadband stuff to some other ministry”

Varadkar rightfully tells him to get fvcked and not to let the door hit him on the way out

Naughton goes into the dail and tells everyone that he’s a victim of the taoiseachs obsession with PR

Varadkar then goes into the dail and tells the deputies that naughton didn’t disclose his additional meetings until this morning

Naughton goes on the 6-1 news and says he told Varadkar about the extra meetings last night ..... which appears to be a barefaced lie or else Varadkar has just misled the dail

Naughton has come across as a childish prick ..... and his lie on the news should force him to resign his seat ..... or else if it’s true then Varadkar should resign as Taoiseach

I haven't looked at this in depth, why does it matter when Varadkar was told? Not talking about the lying, one of them is obviously, but why would it matter between last night and this morning?

Looks like we're heading towards and election. I think we'll either end up exactly where we already are or in an even more complicated place but I think the next government will probably end up as a power share unless the electorate decide to go for enough FG TDs to give them more chance of a proper coalition. That's highly doubtful though.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:05 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
Brexit about to get very interesting indeed,

From the FT :

Quote:

Cabinet ministers briefed on the talks said the vexed issue of the Irish backstop — the last outstanding issue in negotiations on an exit withdrawal treaty — was close to being settled.

Mrs May has signalled she can accept demands by Brussels that Northern Ireland remain part of the single market during the period of a backstop — the treaty guarantee that there would be no return to a physical border in Ireland.

That would mean checks on industrial goods and other products travelling from mainland Britain to Northern Ireland, although Michel Barnier, EU chief negotiator, insisted these would be minimal.

The DUP strongly opposes the plan.

Mr Barnier is set to agree Britain’s demand for the backstop to include references to a customs union to the whole UK, which would avoid a customs border in the Irish Sea while a more comprehensive UK-EU trade agreement is completed.

Mrs May has accepted that there should be no firm end date to the backstop, although language will be found to say that it will be a temporary arrangement with “a clear pathway” to a final trade deal, intended to create frictionless trade.

https://www.ft.com/content/30fbcb64-cd7 ... ad351828ab

Expect the DUP to go even more loco; and SAmmy Wilson to self combust.

Popcorn time.....................

May and her stupid early election. What on earth was she thinking?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:26 pm 

CM11 wrote:
rfurlong wrote:

I haven't looked at this in depth, why does it matter when Varadkar was told? Not talking about the lying, one of them is obviously, but why would it matter between last night and this morning?

Looks like we're heading towards and election. I think we'll either end up exactly where we already are or in an even more complicated place but I think the next government will probably end up as a power share unless the electorate decide to go for enough FG TDs to give them more chance of a proper coalition. That's highly doubtful though.

You’re right - the timing of the disclosure of the meetings has no material impact on the fact that naughtons position was untenable

However, if Varadkar is telling the truth that he only heard of the additional 3 meetings this AM, then he looks decisive and comes out smelling of roses ...... if naughton isn’t lying about the timing then
Leo is in BIG trouble.

It looks to me like naughton is telling porkies in an effort to make himself look better

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:55 pm 

rfurlong wrote:
CM11 wrote:
rfurlong wrote:

You’re right - the timing of the disclosure of the meetings has no material impact on the fact that naughtons position was untenable

However, if Varadkar is telling the truth that he only heard of the additional 3 meetings this AM, then he looks decisive and comes out smelling of roses ...... if naughton isn’t lying about the timing then
Leo is in BIG trouble.

It looks to me like naughton is telling porkies in an effort to make himself look better

I might be an old cynic, but 12.05 AM is both last night and this morning.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:10 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
rfurlong wrote:
CM11 wrote:
rfurlong wrote:

Leo is in BIG trouble.

I might be an old cynic, but 12.05 AM is both last night and this morning.

I suspect that will be naughtons get out of jail card for basically calling the Taoiseach a liar on the Rte news

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:18 pm 

It'll all be a bit silly on everyone's behalf, to be honest, if Varadkar was being literal and Naughten was just using terminology everyone else would use.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:01 am 

CM11 wrote:
It'll all be a bit silly on everyone's behalf, to be honest, if Varadkar was being literal and Naughten was just using terminology everyone else would use.

Except for the fact that Varadkar was on NT this morning and didn’t mention anything about the 3 extra meetings he was supposedly told about 7 hours earlier

Naughton getting the hump with Varadkar is a measure of the man ..... rather than admit/realize that he was the author of his own downfall, he decides to lash out and blame someone else

He’s like the Keith earls of the cabinet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:57 am 

What's sauce for the goose Cam.

We all enjoyed poking fun at Festers complete lack of property knowledge.

You called Callinan very wrong and were told as much at the time. The hilarious thing these days is that despite accusation levelled at me all the time I'm regularly seen here laying into FF.

Yourself, Statto and Furlong however have become FG drones.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:05 am 

Mullet 2 wrote:

You called Callinan very wrong and were told as much at the time. The hilarious thing these days is that despite accusation levelled at me all the time I'm regularly seen here laying into FF.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:12 am 

Buzzzzzzzzz.........................................

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:13 am 

CM11 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

Damn! Thought I'd rope you in with that one.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:14 am 

camroc1 wrote:
Buzzzzzzzzz.........................................

You went down with Maurice unfortunately

No wibbling can change it. As the lads said, take your licks and admit you called it wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:18 am 

Odds on an election, Mullet?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:23 am 

CM11 wrote:

FF won't been seen to plunge the bagger yet.

We'll wait to see if it collapses on it's own and let Leo take the blame for an election nobody wants.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:26 am 

Mullet 2 wrote:
CM11 wrote:

FF won't been seen to plunge the bagger yet.

We'll wait to see if it collapses on it's own and let Leo take the blame for an election nobody wants.

Surely it's unavoidable that FF will take some flack as I would have thought the confidence and supply agreement (i.e. whether one can be agreed) is key to the viability of the government?

Or have FG run out of TDs to support them in a minority?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:33 am 

With two independents gone in a week they are close to a level were our support makes no odds.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:41 am 

rfurlong wrote:
CM11 wrote:

Except for the fact that Varadkar was on NT this morning and didn’t mention anything about the 3 extra meetings he was supposedly told about 7 hours earlier

Naughton getting the hump with Varadkar is a measure of the man ..... rather than admit/realize that he was the author of his own downfall, he decides to lash out and blame someone else

He’s like the Keith earls of the cabinet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:50 am 

http://www.thejournal.ie/landlord-viewi ... 6-Oct2018/

Fees for simply viewing properties? That's fairly outrageous, TBH, especially for rental properties. I get that in the current climate a decent place can be a bit of a feeding frenzy in terms of people having a look, but charging for the right to have a walk around a property and poke around a few cupboards is just nuts. Really doesn't do much for the public perception of all landlords being arseholes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50564 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1209, 1210, 1211, 1212, 1213, 1214, 1215 ... 1265  Next