Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55886 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1365, 1366, 1367, 1368, 1369, 1370, 1371 ... 1398  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:24 pm 

CarrotGawks wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
CarrotGawks wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote:
So, no allowance for human error?

The allowance for human error is that no human is being blamed, and brought up on criminal charges. If someone crashes into your parked car they're still liable, even if it was entirely an accident. If they were drunk while they crashed, or driving way over the speed limit then there might be criminal charges for the actual person. If it was just human error, they weren't focused enough or they got distracted by, say, a wasp flying into the car there's still the damage that's done to your car that has to be accounted for.

But no damage was done to this woman - screening never promises to diagnose anything. She was damaged by an act of god in getting cancer. In fact she explicitly signed a consent form acknowledging that cancers may be missed. This is where it all falls down. Yes you can hold the specific screening to account through audit but no that doesn’t entitle this woman to damages.

Then you're saying they could just write back to everyone saying, "You're cancer free," without even looking at the slides and it would be fine.

A true lawyer if ever I saw one :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:33 pm 

CarrotGawks wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
CarrotGawks wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote:
So, no allowance for human error?

The allowance for human error is that no human is being blamed, and brought up on criminal charges. If someone crashes into your parked car they're still liable, even if it was entirely an accident. If they were drunk while they crashed, or driving way over the speed limit then there might be criminal charges for the actual person. If it was just human error, they weren't focused enough or they got distracted by, say, a wasp flying into the car there's still the damage that's done to your car that has to be accounted for.

But no damage was done to this woman - screening never promises to diagnose anything. She was damaged by an act of god in getting cancer. In fact she explicitly signed a consent form acknowledging that cancers may be missed. This is where it all falls down. Yes you can hold the specific screening to account through audit but no that doesn’t entitle this woman to damages.

Then you're saying they could just write back to everyone saying, "You're cancer free," without even looking at the slides and it would be fine.

Pretty much.

The point is that it's a service that saves lives and is delivering results in keeping with world norms. To get too worked up about specific cases, no matter how tragic, means we risk losing sight of the bigger picture and harming more women in the long run. Be it from losing the screening service or increasing the number of false positives reported leading to unnecessary invasive procedures (although they'd probably be subject to compensation too).

I think far too much many people assumed that a smear test was a diagnostic test. I know I did before this all hit. If the screening survives then at least some good will have come from it with people being more informed about its accuracy or lack of.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:43 pm 

8 years out of government clearly not enough for them to knock this kind of nonsense on it's head.
https://twitter.com/oconnellhugh/status ... 23265?s=19

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:49 pm 

Uncle Fester wrote:
8 years out of government clearly not enough for them to knock this kind of nonsense on it's head.

I read that earlier and thought, well... FF is as FF does.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:53 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:

I'd wait and see on this one, the journalist looks like a twat trying to up his profile before taking up his dream job with the indo x(

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:27 pm 

https://twitter.com/orla_hegarty/status/1130080981631852544?s=21

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:33 pm 

paddyor wrote:

If Merchant's Quay (the opposite side of the bridge there) could be opened up a little it'd create an entire new area in the city with the premises on the nearer side of the bridge (as we saw it in the video) being afforded more opportunities. I was saying a few years ago that that part of the city, all round MacCurtain St. is going to continue to grow. It needs to do so slowly though and not be a cash grab for anyone who owns property there. Conal Creedon has written about the area a fair bit, recently as well, and a balance needs to be struck in how its developed. The bridge might be a good starting point.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:36 pm 

For my sins I've watched a couple of GOD's recent Twitter videos after being shown her guide to Shankill.

The woman needs significant professional help. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:38 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
For my sins I've watched a couple of GOD's recent Twitter videos after being shown her guide to Shankill.

The clouds one is a modern classic :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:46 pm 

So what's the verdict?
Is she a genuine loon or just a conniving bitch who latches onto any half assed conspiracy theory to try to gather votes?

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:48 pm 

I thought the latter but have heard her family are very worried about her. The hard left, particularly Solidarity, actually know she is bananas and keep goading her

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:52 pm 

The clouds one was good. I also enjoyed the rant about unicorn jumpers in the carpark of Avoca.

LM, I think she's genuinely troubled in the head. The Shankill one was like someone was playing random conspiracy theory generator.

I wouldn't be surprised if the stuff about immigrants and trans people was targeted at a specific racist/bigoted demographic who'd vote for her, but shit about chemtrails controlling the weather and Soros paying to have ESB boxes covered with Masonic imagery is just so far gone. She needs to be sectioned.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:30 pm 

paddyor wrote:

And you know what, even given the tight nature of that lift, there were no absolute values involved, each came with its own margin of error, ie. slotted holes.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:31 pm 

Leinsterman wrote:
So what's the verdict?
Is she a genuine loon or just a conniving bitch who latches onto any half assed conspiracy theory to try to gather votes?

Probably the former tbh.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:21 am 

Would a simple solution to the abortion case be where the Government legislate that an abortion can not take place until the results of the second test are known? There may be reasons why this isn't possible.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:27 am 

Liathroidigloine wrote:
Would a simple solution to the abortion case be where the Government legislate that an abortion can not take place until the results of the second test are known? There may be reasons why this isn't possible.

It seems that this is the case in the other two maternity hospitals anyway so I imagine it'll become standard practice. Whether it will be required by law is another thing but I can't see any couple not waiting anyway after this case has highlighted the issue.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:32 am 

Shame nobody thought of that during the long drawn out committee stage or when it was debated in a reasonable and patient manner on the floor of the Dáil.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:34 am 

CM11 wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:

It seems that this is the case in the other two maternity hospitals anyway so I imagine it'll become standard practice. Whether it will be required by law is another thing but I can't see any couple not waiting anyway after this case has highlighted the issue.

Legislation would ensure that is the case and avoid the abortion of wanted healthy babies.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:09 am 

camroc1 wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:

What a surprise, colour me shocked

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:58 am 

Leinsterman wrote:
I can get my hands on a box to borrow.
Just need the rack.

first checkin on the bored in a week and this is what I read !....I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation.,..,

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:54 pm 

Nolanator wrote:

Whos this now?

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:14 pm 

I see Coillte are claiming to have had good offer for the 30 year Eu backed investment in forestry that people took out.
Bought a couple 23 years ago.
The feckers have agreed to sell without consulting us, citing uncertainty in the future and emerging economic risk.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:23 pm 

goose81 wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Whos this now?

Gemma O'Doherty. Candidate for the European Parliament elections, journalist, genuine headcase, racist, bigot. She has an ad campaign on many Dublin buses at the moment and some drivers have refused to drive them.

https://twitter.com/DumbartonOne/status ... 24609?s=19
Her guide to Shankill. Needs to be watched.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:29 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
goose81 wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Whos this now?

Gemma O'Doherty. Candidate for the European Parliament elections, journalist, genuine headcase, racist, bigot. She has an ad campaign on many Dublin buses at the moment and some drivers have refused to drive them.

She’s spot on about McVerry anyway :lol:

Seriously though, she sounds mentally ill.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:38 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
goose81 wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Whos this now?

Properly insane, Ross O'Carroll Kelly's wife is no doubt based upon this type of fruitcake

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:40 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
goose81 wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Whos this now?

She's a complete nutjob. A really vile woman. That video is like a bad parody :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:43 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
That video is like a bad parody :lol:

Yep. It's like someone just got a list of conspiracy theories and just spouted them one after another without context.

https://twitter.com/electionlit/status/ ... 67456?s=19

Another weirdo running for MEP. Why do I recognise his name?

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:49 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
That video is like a bad parody :lol:

Yep. It's like someone just got a list of conspiracy theories and just spouted them one after another without context.

https://twitter.com/electionlit/status/ ... 67456?s=19

Another weirdo running for MEP. Why do I recognise his name?

:lol: :lol:

He was in the press a bit recently, got sent to the Joy for blocking an eviction or something. Was involved in the whole strokestown palaver too. Chap hasn't a clue of the job anyway.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:52 pm 

it should always be remembered that Claire Daly nominated that loon O'Doherty for the Presidential election

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:54 pm 

lorcanoworms wrote:
I see Coillte are claiming to have had good offer for the 30 year Eu backed investment in forestry that people took out.
The feckers have agreed to sell without consulting us, citing uncertainty in the future and emerging economic risk.

Are they compensating you for the early termination ?

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:56 pm 

According to the Indo, you should be in for a substantial windfall ?
https://www.independent.ie/business/iri ... 24848.html

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:14 pm 

The Sun God wrote:
lorcanoworms wrote:

Are they compensating you for the early termination ?

Irish forestry fund are just telling us after their audit they will know more, and we should have the money whatever that is in July.
They say the sale compares well with shorter term ones.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:14 pm 

Anyhow pleased enough to get anything more than my money back from forestry, would otherwise be 75 on maturation of the fund.
Going to have to spend the night in Kildare as a Roma woman has been evicted from her house and is telling everyone she going to squat in mine.
Sale was supposed to be complete weeks ago

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:47 pm 

Gauss wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
So what's the verdict?

Probably the former tbh.

She broke the McClean story in the Gick back when she was still on this planet.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:02 pm 

themaddog wrote:
Gauss wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
So what's the verdict?

Probably the former tbh.

She broke the McClean story in the Gick back when she was still on this planet.

Penalty point scandal too. Losing her job over that seems to have been what tipped her over the edge.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:21 pm 

Are the works on the runway at DA causing operational issues?

Pilot just said slots are limited because of works .... He just spouting bollox?

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:26 pm 

nardol wrote:
Are the works on the runway at DA causing operational issues?

Pilot just said slots are limited because of works .... He just spouting bollox?

Bollox, I'd say. They're 1.7 (I think ) km apart, and if the works are causing problems imagine what it would be like with both runways operationsl.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:46 am 

I served for many years as chairman of our local Community Association.

I enjoyed it at first but quit because I got fed up of the constant negativity (I had facebook campaigns accusing me of embezzlement, breaking campaign promises (a joke - like all local committees I spent years trying to step down but couldn't because nobody else would step in), nepotism,.....). It has left me with a deep admiration for politicians - how they put up with the shit that comes their way I don't know.

A colleague who served with me has decided to go the next step & run for the County Council. Normally I'd support him in a flash; however he is running for Aontu. I'm struggling to bring myself to support a party run by Peadar Toibin, but my friend is a really committed local activist & I'd like to support him for all of the work that we did together.

Anybody with any views on Aontu? Are they just a 1 man band or a real party?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:48 am 

Vote Fianna Fáil you little prick

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:52 am 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Vote Fianna Fáil you little prick

WIFM?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55886 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1365, 1366, 1367, 1368, 1369, 1370, 1371 ... 1398  Next