Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1378, 1379, 1380, 1381, 1382, 1383, 1384 ... 1480  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:42 am 

Gauss wrote:
Holy Jesus Bailey went on Sean O’Rourke. She’s fuuuuuucked :lol:

What was she saying ?

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:45 am 

The Sun God wrote:
Gauss wrote:

What was she saying ?

Basic jist was how she was the victim in this. She was asked if she had items in both hands and replied “that would have been a case for a judge to adjudicate on”.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:49 am 

"Maria Bailey" is now trending globally on Twitter. :lol:

Her PR team seem as clownish as her legal team.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:50 am 

I wonder would Leo throw her out esp with other bi-elections on the way. I can’t see an election before brexit. This is really damaging to FG and as their base are pissed about this, actually other FG TDs are pissed.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:58 am 

Gauss wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
Gauss wrote:

What was she saying ?

Basic jist was how she was the victim in this. She was asked if she had items in both hands and replied “that would have been a case for a judge to adjudicate on”.

:lol: :lol: The apple hasn't fallen too far in her family.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:00 am 

Gauss wrote:

Car crash?

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:01 am 

sewa wrote:
lorcanoworms wrote:
Recently I read up to 40% of tenants in Dublin were in arrears.

In the Netherlands they give you debts to debt collection agencies who harass the fup out of you till you pay or else they confiscate your stuff. Also if you show up at Schipol with unpaid fines the police will walk you to the ATM to get the cash or else they refuse to let you fly. My old boss here once got done for 2k worth of speeding fines (they double and triple if you don't pay), had to pay up on the spot in Schipol. Here people pay their bills

How it should be.

Always remember that a lot of the reduced rentals are because a Councillor sold your sob story to the housing department; and once on the reduced tariff you never get taken off it no matter what change in circumstances.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:04 am 

sewa wrote:
lorcanoworms wrote:
Recently I read up to 40% of tenants in Dublin were in arrears.

In the Netherlands they give you debts to debt collection agencies who harass the fup out of you till you pay or else they confiscate your stuff. Also if you show up at Schipol with unpaid fines the police will walk you to the ATM to get the cash or else they refuse to let you fly. My old boss here once got done for 2k worth of speeding fines (they double and triple if you don't pay), had to pay up on the spot in Schipol. Here people pay their bills

Hear hear. Proper way of doing things.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:10 am 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Gauss wrote:

Car crash?

And some.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:15 am 

Gauss wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
Gauss wrote:

What was she saying ?

A special mix of stupidity and arrogance.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:18 am 

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:
I wonder would Leo throw her out esp with other bi-elections on the way. I can’t see an election before brexit. This is really damaging to FG and as their base are pissed about this, actually other FG TDs are pissed.

Would be tricky purely on Dail arithmetic but also in terms of process. Her antics have done untold damage to the party though, the optics are awful and doubling down has made it worse. If there's a Fine Gael Malcolm Tucker in Dublin who gets his hands on her she'll be presenting another case for mental trauma soon!

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:21 am 

There were two quotes here that stood out to me and typify what is wrong with this compo culture.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/varadkar-reputational-harm-to-fg-from-maria-bailey-case-1.3905152

Quote:
A leading personal injury lawyer said that some people may be discouraged from bringing negligence cases in the wake of high-level public attention on cases such as the one taken by Ms Bailey. Stuart Gilhooly, who is a former president of the Law Society and a member of the Personal Injuries Commission (PIC), said: “In the last six months, there’s a certain shame attached to bringing a claim.” He added: “Because there’s been a focus on a minority of cases where there’s been no negligence or an element of exaggeration.” There was now “a very serious risk” of people not coming forward with cases.

They should be mortified because it's a scam. Name and shame them, tar them with feathers and maybe less of these shite hawks will come out of the woodwork. FFS... the former president of the law society. Money grabbing thieves.

Quote:
Speaking to the Sunday Independent, Ms Bailey said she wanted to “draw a line in the sand” on the issue, insisting that she had been hurt in the incident and left with €7,000 worth of medical bills.

So what if you were hurt? It was your fault. I've got many scars and a few broken bones from acting the bollocks and you fallback, take your medicine and do not even think about suing someone else for your own stupidity. The sense of entitlement is amazing.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:29 am 

Here is the interview https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1132950765033725953

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:36 am 

EverReady wrote:

It's actually worse than I could have imagined.

"I grew up on the side of a GAA pitch, I play fair and don't play offsides......"

:uhoh: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:51 am 

EverReady wrote:

So she grew up on the sidelines of a GAA pitch ( spot the populist nonsense ) but she doesn't play offside !!!....... Now what I know about GAA you could write on the back of a stamp but I am pretty sure there is no offside rule in Gaelic football......

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:51 am 

It's bizarre.

She's actually arguing for a no fault compensation culture, which we have discussed on here tbf. But it's not currently the case so she doesn't have a leg to stand on. Clearly trying to force the hotel into settling and it's backfired massively on her. I'd like to hear AJ's learned view on this as it doesn't seem to tally with his early comments.... :P

I presume she racked up 7k because she thought the hotel were going to pay all her medical bills and she took the piss.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:54 am 

With 62/63 seats filled in Dublin we have:

FF: 11
Green: 10
Independents: 9
FG: 9
Labour: 8
SF: 8
Soc Dem: 5
PBP: 2

Last seat will go to Mannix Flynn. That's pending a recount too, I think.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:54 am 

CM11 wrote:
It's bizarre.

She's actually arguing for a no fault compensation culture, which we have discussed on here tbf. But it's not currently the case so she doesn't have a leg to stand on. Clearly trying to force the hotel into settling and it's backfired massively on her. I'd like to hear AJ's learned view on this as it doesn't seem to tally with his early comments.... :P

I presume she racked up 7k because she thought the hotel were going to pay all her medical bills and she took the piss.

A TD without health insurance? Very unlikely.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:57 am 

I find the media in this country extraordinary. Wall to wall talk about the Green Party today who had a good day tbf. 1/4 on the third page below the fold for Fianna Fáil who have taken the largest number of seats on Dublin City Council for the first time in 20 years!

The story here is in order

Opinion Polling is consistently undervaluing FF support
FF is back in the game in Dublin and therefore Nationally
A few Southsiders voted Green who used to vote Labour.

In that order.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:59 am 

She's also a liar.

She begins that little piece by saying she was not looking for compensation, just her medical costs.

Well why not take that case in the District Court then, which can award amounts up to €15k, rather than the Circuit Court which can award a minumum of € 15k and a max of € 60k. The DC will also happen much more quickly.

She has already stated, afaik, that her medical costs were of the order of € 7k.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:04 pm 

ruckinhell wrote:
EverReady wrote:

"I grew up on the side of a GAA pitch, I play fair and don't play offsides......"

Jesus, she comes across terribly.

Arrogant, dodges questions and plays semantics, plays the victim and when confronted with the ridiculousness of her claims says it's a matter for the judge to decide.. after retracting the claim..

All the worst aspects of a politician neatly wrapped in one package

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:04 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
I find the media in this country extraordinary. Wall to wall talk about the Green Party today who had a good day tbf. 1/4 on the third page below the fold for Fianna Fáil who have taken the largest number of seats on Dublin City Council for the first time in 20 years!

The story here is in order

Opinion Polling is consistently undervaluing FF support
FF is back in the game in Dublin and therefore Nationally
A few Southsiders voted Green who used to vote Labour.

In that order.

I think FF has taken back the voters who fled to SF in 2011.
I also think the Southside Green vote is more a FG/PD vote than Labour.

I think that the body politic is well rid of thugs who shout abuse at their opponents in the count centre.

The next GE will be very interesting as A lot will depend on how Brexit plays out on our economy.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:06 pm 

Oh and we need a minimum number of signatures for the next Europeans.

Those ballot papers were a fúcking joke.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:08 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
She's also a liar.

She begins that little piece by saying she was not looking for compensation, just her medical costs.

Well why not take that case in the District Court then, which can award amounts up to €15k, rather than the Circuit Court which can award a minumum of € 15k and a max of € 60k. The DC will also happen much more quickly.

She has already stated, afaik, that her medical costs were of the order of € 7k.

Exactly.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:09 pm 

7 grand medical bills for soft tissue injuries pull the other one.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:09 pm 

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:
I wonder would Leo throw her out esp with other bi-elections on the way.

I know that we've had the equality referendum, but I didn't realise that we now had special elections for sexually open candidates!

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:12 pm 

de_Selby wrote:
ruckinhell wrote:
EverReady wrote:

Jesus, she comes across terribly.

Arrogant, dodges questions and plays semantics, plays the victim and when confronted with the ridiculousness of her claims says it's a matter for the judge to decide.. after retracting the claim..

All the worst aspects of a politician neatly wrapped in one package

It is way worse than I imagined. She actually sounds both stupid and medicated. She even throws in a bit of Beyonce 'I am a strong women and will not be BULLIED'. I didn't know her before this but she is everything that the 'branded' new FG has been slagged off for being: presentable, intellectually slight, evasive

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:13 pm 

Liathroidigloine wrote:
CM11 wrote:
It's bizarre.

A TD without health insurance? Very unlikely.

Even harder to rack up that figure with insurance alright. A lot of physio, I'd say.

But good point by cam about the court she went to.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:16 pm 

Rumham wrote:
There were two quotes here that stood out to me and typify what is wrong with this compo culture.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/varadkar-reputational-harm-to-fg-from-maria-bailey-case-1.3905152

Quote:
A leading personal injury lawyer said that some people may be discouraged from bringing negligence cases in the wake of high-level public attention on cases such as the one taken by Ms Bailey. Stuart Gilhooly, who is a former president of the Law Society and a member of the Personal Injuries Commission (PIC), said: “In the last six months, there’s a certain shame attached to bringing a claim.” He added: “Because there’s been a focus on a minority of cases where there’s been no negligence or an element of exaggeration.” There was now “a very serious risk” of people not coming forward with cases.

They should be mortified because it's a scam. Name and shame them, tar them with feathers and maybe less of these shite hawks will come out of the woodwork. FFS... the former president of the law society. Money grabbing thieves.

Quote:
Speaking to the Sunday Independent, Ms Bailey said she wanted to “draw a line in the sand” on the issue, insisting that she had been hurt in the incident and left with €7,000 worth of medical bills.

So what if you were hurt? It was your fault. I've got many scars and a few broken bones from acting the bollocks and you fallback, take your medicine and do not even think about suing someone else for your own stupidity. The sense of entitlement is amazing.

Nail on the head.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:35 pm 

Nice piece breaking down her finishing times over the years

https://www.balls.ie/athletics/maria-ba ... ime-411273

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:37 pm 

The Sun God wrote:
EverReady wrote:

So she grew up on the sidelines of a GAA pitch ( spot the populist nonsense ) but she doesn't play offside !!!....... Now what I know about GAA you could write on the back of a stamp but I am pretty sure there is no offside rule in Gaelic football......

That jumped out at me as well as a stupidly scripted piece. After that I suspected the rest of the interview was going to be full of arrogance and hubris and I was right

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:38 pm 

Hugh O'Connell
@oconnellhugh
A text from a Fine Gael TD: "She can make another personal injury claim now, for a f**king car crash."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:39 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:40 pm 

Onelostbear wrote:
Nice piece breaking down her finishing times over the years

https://www.balls.ie/athletics/maria-ba ... ime-411273

Christ, did she not relaise her times were in the public domain ?

The arrogance.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:41 pm 

Mayoral plebiscite in Cork City standing at 50/50. The lack of coverage and debate on it has killed it.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:41 pm 

ruckinhell wrote:
"Maria Bailey" is now trending globally on Twitter. :lol:

Her PR team seem as clownish as her legal team.

Quote:
A text from a Fine Gael TD: "She can make another personal injury claim now, for a f**king car crash."

#TodaySOR

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:47 pm 

CarrotGawks wrote:
Mayoral plebiscite in Cork City standing at 50/50. The lack of coverage and debate on it has killed it.

Its a load of bollocks, waste of cash

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:51 pm 

de_Selby wrote:
Hugh O'Connell
@oconnellhugh

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:54 pm 

Not much Solidarity in the ranks of the Dublin left. Only 30% of Rita Harrold's vote transferred to her running mate. I wonder who Paul Murphy will blame for that?

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:55 pm 

sewa wrote:
CarrotGawks wrote:

Its a load of bollocks, waste of cash

It's looking like Limerick will have one. First the Munster training centre, now this. I'm ashamed. No price is too much to pay to keep ahead of them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1378, 1379, 1380, 1381, 1382, 1383, 1384 ... 1480  Next