Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1378, 1379, 1380, 1381, 1382, 1383, 1384 ... 1480  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11170
Location: Best country in the world.
Gauss wrote:
Holy Jesus Bailey went on Sean O’Rourke. She’s fuuuuuucked :lol:


What was she saying ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:42 pm
Posts: 486
The Sun God wrote:
Gauss wrote:
Holy Jesus Bailey went on Sean O’Rourke. She’s fuuuuuucked :lol:


What was she saying ?

Basic jist was how she was the victim in this. She was asked if she had items in both hands and replied “that would have been a case for a judge to adjudicate on”.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1153
"Maria Bailey" is now trending globally on Twitter. :lol:

Her PR team seem as clownish as her legal team.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4236
I wonder would Leo throw her out esp with other bi-elections on the way. I can’t see an election before brexit. This is really damaging to FG and as their base are pissed about this, actually other FG TDs are pissed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11170
Location: Best country in the world.
Gauss wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
Gauss wrote:
Holy Jesus Bailey went on Sean O’Rourke. She’s fuuuuuucked :lol:


What was she saying ?

Basic jist was how she was the victim in this. She was asked if she had items in both hands and replied “that would have been a case for a judge to adjudicate on”.


:lol: :lol: The apple hasn't fallen too far in her family.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 21620
Gauss wrote:
Holy Jesus Bailey went on Sean O’Rourke. She’s fuuuuuucked :lol:



Car crash?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35237
sewa wrote:
lorcanoworms wrote:
Recently I read up to 40% of tenants in Dublin were in arrears.


In the Netherlands they give you debts to debt collection agencies who harass the fup out of you till you pay or else they confiscate your stuff. Also if you show up at Schipol with unpaid fines the police will walk you to the ATM to get the cash or else they refuse to let you fly. My old boss here once got done for 2k worth of speeding fines (they double and triple if you don't pay), had to pay up on the spot in Schipol. Here people pay their bills

How it should be.

Always remember that a lot of the reduced rentals are because a Councillor sold your sob story to the housing department; and once on the reduced tariff you never get taken off it no matter what change in circumstances.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:04 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17523
sewa wrote:
lorcanoworms wrote:
Recently I read up to 40% of tenants in Dublin were in arrears.


In the Netherlands they give you debts to debt collection agencies who harass the fup out of you till you pay or else they confiscate your stuff. Also if you show up at Schipol with unpaid fines the police will walk you to the ATM to get the cash or else they refuse to let you fly. My old boss here once got done for 2k worth of speeding fines (they double and triple if you don't pay), had to pay up on the spot in Schipol. Here people pay their bills


Hear hear. Proper way of doing things.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:42 pm
Posts: 486
Mullet 2 wrote:
Gauss wrote:
Holy Jesus Bailey went on Sean O’Rourke. She’s fuuuuuucked :lol:



Car crash?

And some.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29023
Gauss wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
Gauss wrote:
Holy Jesus Bailey went on Sean O’Rourke. She’s fuuuuuucked :lol:


What was she saying ?

Basic jist was how she was the victim in this. She was asked if she had items in both hands and replied “that would have been a case for a judge to adjudicate on”.


A special mix of stupidity and arrogance.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1153
MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:
I wonder would Leo throw her out esp with other bi-elections on the way. I can’t see an election before brexit. This is really damaging to FG and as their base are pissed about this, actually other FG TDs are pissed.



Would be tricky purely on Dail arithmetic but also in terms of process. Her antics have done untold damage to the party though, the optics are awful and doubling down has made it worse. If there's a Fine Gael Malcolm Tucker in Dublin who gets his hands on her she'll be presenting another case for mental trauma soon!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:07 pm
Posts: 7066
There were two quotes here that stood out to me and typify what is wrong with this compo culture.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/varadkar-reputational-harm-to-fg-from-maria-bailey-case-1.3905152


Quote:
A leading personal injury lawyer said that some people may be discouraged from bringing negligence cases in the wake of high-level public attention on cases such as the one taken by Ms Bailey. Stuart Gilhooly, who is a former president of the Law Society and a member of the Personal Injuries Commission (PIC), said: “In the last six months, there’s a certain shame attached to bringing a claim.” He added: “Because there’s been a focus on a minority of cases where there’s been no negligence or an element of exaggeration.” There was now “a very serious risk” of people not coming forward with cases.


They should be mortified because it's a scam. Name and shame them, tar them with feathers and maybe less of these shite hawks will come out of the woodwork. FFS... the former president of the law society. Money grabbing thieves.


Quote:
Speaking to the Sunday Independent, Ms Bailey said she wanted to “draw a line in the sand” on the issue, insisting that she had been hurt in the incident and left with €7,000 worth of medical bills.


So what if you were hurt? It was your fault. I've got many scars and a few broken bones from acting the bollocks and you fallback, take your medicine and do not even think about suing someone else for your own stupidity. The sense of entitlement is amazing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24530
Here is the interview https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1132950765033725953


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1153
EverReady wrote:


It's actually worse than I could have imagined.

"I grew up on the side of a GAA pitch, I play fair and don't play offsides......"

:uhoh: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11170
Location: Best country in the world.
EverReady wrote:


So she grew up on the sidelines of a GAA pitch ( spot the populist nonsense ) but she doesn't play offside !!!....... Now what I know about GAA you could write on the back of a stamp but I am pretty sure there is no offside rule in Gaelic football......


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 51092
It's bizarre.

She's actually arguing for a no fault compensation culture, which we have discussed on here tbf. But it's not currently the case so she doesn't have a leg to stand on. Clearly trying to force the hotel into settling and it's backfired massively on her. I'd like to hear AJ's learned view on this as it doesn't seem to tally with his early comments.... :P

I presume she racked up 7k because she thought the hotel were going to pay all her medical bills and she took the piss.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 9273
Location: Watson city, MN
With 62/63 seats filled in Dublin we have:

FF: 11
Green: 10
Independents: 9
FG: 9
Labour: 8
SF: 8
Soc Dem: 5
PBP: 2

Last seat will go to Mannix Flynn. That's pending a recount too, I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6725
CM11 wrote:
It's bizarre.

She's actually arguing for a no fault compensation culture, which we have discussed on here tbf. But it's not currently the case so she doesn't have a leg to stand on. Clearly trying to force the hotel into settling and it's backfired massively on her. I'd like to hear AJ's learned view on this as it doesn't seem to tally with his early comments.... :P

I presume she racked up 7k because she thought the hotel were going to pay all her medical bills and she took the piss.


A TD without health insurance? Very unlikely.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 21620
I find the media in this country extraordinary. Wall to wall talk about the Green Party today who had a good day tbf. 1/4 on the third page below the fold for Fianna Fáil who have taken the largest number of seats on Dublin City Council for the first time in 20 years!

The story here is in order

Opinion Polling is consistently undervaluing FF support
FF is back in the game in Dublin and therefore Nationally
A few Southsiders voted Green who used to vote Labour.


In that order.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35237
She's also a liar.

She begins that little piece by saying she was not looking for compensation, just her medical costs.

Well why not take that case in the District Court then, which can award amounts up to €15k, rather than the Circuit Court which can award a minumum of € 15k and a max of € 60k. The DC will also happen much more quickly.

She has already stated, afaik, that her medical costs were of the order of € 7k.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:47 pm
Posts: 3208
ruckinhell wrote:
EverReady wrote:


It's actually worse than I could have imagined.

"I grew up on the side of a GAA pitch, I play fair and don't play offsides......"

:uhoh: :lol:

Jesus, she comes across terribly.

Arrogant, dodges questions and plays semantics, plays the victim and when confronted with the ridiculousness of her claims says it's a matter for the judge to decide.. after retracting the claim..

All the worst aspects of a politician neatly wrapped in one package


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35237
Mullet 2 wrote:
I find the media in this country extraordinary. Wall to wall talk about the Green Party today who had a good day tbf. 1/4 on the third page below the fold for Fianna Fáil who have taken the largest number of seats on Dublin City Council for the first time in 20 years!

The story here is in order

Opinion Polling is consistently undervaluing FF support
FF is back in the game in Dublin and therefore Nationally
A few Southsiders voted Green who used to vote Labour.


In that order.

I think FF has taken back the voters who fled to SF in 2011.
I also think the Southside Green vote is more a FG/PD vote than Labour.

I think that the body politic is well rid of thugs who shout abuse at their opponents in the count centre.

The next GE will be very interesting as A lot will depend on how Brexit plays out on our economy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 21620
Oh and we need a minimum number of signatures for the next Europeans.

Those ballot papers were a fúcking joke.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11170
Location: Best country in the world.
camroc1 wrote:
She's also a liar.

She begins that little piece by saying she was not looking for compensation, just her medical costs.

Well why not take that case in the District Court then, which can award amounts up to €15k, rather than the Circuit Court which can award a minumum of € 15k and a max of € 60k. The DC will also happen much more quickly.

She has already stated, afaik, that her medical costs were of the order of € 7k.


Exactly.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29023
7 grand medical bills for soft tissue injuries pull the other one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2060
MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:
I wonder would Leo throw her out esp with other bi-elections on the way.


I know that we've had the equality referendum, but I didn't realise that we now had special elections for sexually open candidates!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24530
de_Selby wrote:
ruckinhell wrote:
EverReady wrote:


It's actually worse than I could have imagined.

"I grew up on the side of a GAA pitch, I play fair and don't play offsides......"

:uhoh: :lol:

Jesus, she comes across terribly.

Arrogant, dodges questions and plays semantics, plays the victim and when confronted with the ridiculousness of her claims says it's a matter for the judge to decide.. after retracting the claim..

All the worst aspects of a politician neatly wrapped in one package


It is way worse than I imagined. She actually sounds both stupid and medicated. She even throws in a bit of Beyonce 'I am a strong women and will not be BULLIED'. I didn't know her before this but she is everything that the 'branded' new FG has been slagged off for being: presentable, intellectually slight, evasive


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 51092
Liathroidigloine wrote:
CM11 wrote:
It's bizarre.

She's actually arguing for a no fault compensation culture, which we have discussed on here tbf. But it's not currently the case so she doesn't have a leg to stand on. Clearly trying to force the hotel into settling and it's backfired massively on her. I'd like to hear AJ's learned view on this as it doesn't seem to tally with his early comments.... :P

I presume she racked up 7k because she thought the hotel were going to pay all her medical bills and she took the piss.


A TD without health insurance? Very unlikely.


Even harder to rack up that figure with insurance alright. A lot of physio, I'd say.

But good point by cam about the court she went to.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29023
Rumham wrote:
There were two quotes here that stood out to me and typify what is wrong with this compo culture.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/varadkar-reputational-harm-to-fg-from-maria-bailey-case-1.3905152


Quote:
A leading personal injury lawyer said that some people may be discouraged from bringing negligence cases in the wake of high-level public attention on cases such as the one taken by Ms Bailey. Stuart Gilhooly, who is a former president of the Law Society and a member of the Personal Injuries Commission (PIC), said: “In the last six months, there’s a certain shame attached to bringing a claim.” He added: “Because there’s been a focus on a minority of cases where there’s been no negligence or an element of exaggeration.” There was now “a very serious risk” of people not coming forward with cases.


They should be mortified because it's a scam. Name and shame them, tar them with feathers and maybe less of these shite hawks will come out of the woodwork. FFS... the former president of the law society. Money grabbing thieves.


Quote:
Speaking to the Sunday Independent, Ms Bailey said she wanted to “draw a line in the sand” on the issue, insisting that she had been hurt in the incident and left with €7,000 worth of medical bills.


So what if you were hurt? It was your fault. I've got many scars and a few broken bones from acting the bollocks and you fallback, take your medicine and do not even think about suing someone else for your own stupidity. The sense of entitlement is amazing.


Nail on the head.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:10 pm
Posts: 627
Nice piece breaking down her finishing times over the years


https://www.balls.ie/athletics/maria-ba ... ime-411273


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24530
The Sun God wrote:
EverReady wrote:


So she grew up on the sidelines of a GAA pitch ( spot the populist nonsense ) but she doesn't play offside !!!....... Now what I know about GAA you could write on the back of a stamp but I am pretty sure there is no offside rule in Gaelic football......


That jumped out at me as well as a stupidly scripted piece. After that I suspected the rest of the interview was going to be full of arrogance and hubris and I was right


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:47 pm
Posts: 3208
Hugh O'Connell
@oconnellhugh
A text from a Fine Gael TD: "She can make another personal injury claim now, for a f**king car crash."

:lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24530
:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35237
Onelostbear wrote:
Nice piece breaking down her finishing times over the years


https://www.balls.ie/athletics/maria-ba ... ime-411273

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Christ, did she not relaise her times were in the public domain ?

The arrogance.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 1:32 pm
Posts: 550
Mayoral plebiscite in Cork City standing at 50/50. The lack of coverage and debate on it has killed it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 16195
ruckinhell wrote:
"Maria Bailey" is now trending globally on Twitter. :lol:

Her PR team seem as clownish as her legal team.

Quote:
A text from a Fine Gael TD: "She can make another personal injury claim now, for a f**king car crash."

#TodaySOR



Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20846
CarrotGawks wrote:
Mayoral plebiscite in Cork City standing at 50/50. The lack of coverage and debate on it has killed it.


Its a load of bollocks, waste of cash


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11170
Location: Best country in the world.
de_Selby wrote:
Hugh O'Connell
@oconnellhugh
A text from a Fine Gael TD: "She can make another personal injury claim now, for a f**king car crash."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2060
Not much Solidarity in the ranks of the Dublin left. Only 30% of Rita Harrold's vote transferred to her running mate. I wonder who Paul Murphy will blame for that?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 1:32 pm
Posts: 550
sewa wrote:
CarrotGawks wrote:
Mayoral plebiscite in Cork City standing at 50/50. The lack of coverage and debate on it has killed it.


Its a load of bollocks, waste of cash


It's looking like Limerick will have one. First the Munster training centre, now this. I'm ashamed. No price is too much to pay to keep ahead of them.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1378, 1379, 1380, 1381, 1382, 1383, 1384 ... 1480  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: assfly, Backwoodsman1, Bokkom, croyals, dam0, fatheralice, Ghost-Of-Nepia, jambanja, Lobby, mabunch78, marcus1, maxbox, nardol, pigaaaa, rabble, SEAsianExpat, Sensible Stephen, St. Elmo, Tehui, TQoET, usermame, Wignu and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group