Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1379, 1380, 1381, 1382, 1383, 1384, 1385 ... 1509  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:57 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
7 grand medical bills for soft tissue injuries pull the other one.

She was including things such as her pilates classes in her medical bills.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:00 pm 

lilyw wrote:
Not much Solidarity in the ranks of the Dublin left. Only 30% of Rita Harrold's vote transferred to her running mate. I wonder who Paul Murphy will blame for that?

They are all at war with each other and the ground under their feet

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:01 pm 

danthefan wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

Her line is she was told she had a case and that is that and she is not the expert and can we all move on thank you very much #workingmombullied

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:02 pm 

Harris throws her under the 42A from Dun Laoghaire guitar or not.....Image

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:09 pm 

EverReady wrote:
danthefan wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

Her line is she was told she had a case and that is that and she is not the expert and can we all move on thank you very much #workingmombullied

" So Maria, what made you consult with a lawyer about your cuts and bruises in the first place."

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:09 pm 

The Sun God wrote:

https://youtu.be/s-VRyQprlu8

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:10 pm 

Stepping thru the count here

https://www.rte.ie/news/elections-2019/results/#/european/dublin

Cuffe has picked up a load of the crank vote from the redistrubted ballots of Gilroy and Herman Kelly. It's weird.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:12 pm 

EverReady wrote:
The Sun God wrote:

https://youtu.be/s-VRyQprlu8

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:13 pm 

paddyor wrote:
Stepping thru the count here

https://www.rte.ie/news/elections-2019/results/#/european/dublin

Cuffe has picked up a load of the crank vote from the redistrubted ballots of Gilroy and Herman Kelly. It's weird.

Gilroy not distributed yet.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:17 pm 

The interview is absolutely hilarious.

She openly admits she had a bottle of beer in one hand but whatever was in her other hand is a matter for a judge :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:19 pm 

lilyw wrote:
Not much Solidarity in the ranks of the Dublin left. Only 30% of Rita Harrold's vote transferred to her running mate. I wonder who Paul Murphy will blame for that?

I saw her poster yesterday “a feminist social voice for Dublin” along with a graphic that wouldn’t have looked out of place in the USSR. Lunatics

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:21 pm 

danthefan wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

Still a fudge load of physio and Pilates. Must have thrown in a few other things

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:21 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
lilyw wrote:

I saw her poster yesterday “a feminist social voice for Dublin” along with a graphic that wouldn’t have looked out of place in the USSR. Lunatics

Those posters were up all over the place in my area. Her letterbox pamphlets took credit for everything under the sun.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:22 pm 

EverReady wrote:
danthefan wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

Let’s not forget who the victim is here

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:22 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
lilyw wrote:

The graphic was a silhouette of her with a megaphone in front of the repeal heart that was half painted over.

Not soviet, but a bit cheap jumping on the back of that tbh.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:23 pm 

Ben Gilroy eliminated. Sad day for Dublin :(

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:23 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
lilyw wrote:

Was that the poster of the fat wan shouting into the megaphone?

Edit: it appears so

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:24 pm 

sewa wrote:
CarrotGawks wrote:
Mayoral plebiscite in Cork City standing at 50/50. The lack of coverage and debate on it has killed it.

Its a load of bollocks, waste of cash

The idea of a directly elected mayor is not a load of bollox. It’s a good idea for decent sized cities. The problems here are the small size of these cities, the lack of powers for the mayor and the size of the salary juxtaposed against those lack of powers

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:24 pm 

danthefan wrote:
Ben Gilroy eliminated. Sad day for Dublin :(

Lets hope he doesn't hang up his hurl and we see him again.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:26 pm 

de_Selby wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
lilyw wrote:

The graphic was a silhouette of her with a megaphone in front of the repeal heart that was half painted over.

Not soviet, but a bit cheap jumping on the back of that tbh.

The style and the colours reminded me of soviet era propaganda

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:27 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
sewa wrote:
CarrotGawks wrote:
Mayoral plebiscite in Cork City standing at 50/50. The lack of coverage and debate on it has killed it.

The idea of a directly elected mayor is not a load of bollox. It’s a good idea for decent sized cities. The problems here are the small size of these cities, the lack of powers for the mayor and the size of the salary juxtaposed against those lack of powers

Where do you stop? Every tiny village in the country would want one, certainly the largest town that didn't have one would go nuts

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:29 pm 

sewa wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
sewa wrote:
CarrotGawks wrote:

Where do you stop? Every tiny village in the country would want one, certainly the largest town that didn't have one would go nuts

I think Dublin badly needs a directly elected mayor with real powers. It’s the model that works throughout the developed world. At the moment the buck stops nowhere and the city is not being developed correctly as a result. You could make an argument for Cork. Limerick and Galway are too small I agree.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:30 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
EverReady wrote:
danthefan wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

Let’s not forget who the victim is here

Just listened to the entire interview.......she is finished as a TD.

What a car crash.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:31 pm 

This is the worst interview I have ever heard. Oh my f**king god.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:36 pm 

There are too many politicians in ireland.

Fewer politicians would weed out some of the less capable (and crusties). I think we have too much representation in ireland.....

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:37 pm 

sewa wrote:
CarrotGawks wrote:

I can't believe they let you vote.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:41 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:
sewa wrote:
CarrotGawks wrote:

I can't believe they let you vote.

I wasn't back this weekend so no voting this time.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:45 pm 

Quote:
"I did nothing wrong. I am fully entitled if I was injured to bring a legitimate case."

And this sums up her whole problem.

She claims it was up to the courts to decide who was negligent. She keeps on going on about being hurt and not trying it on. That's not the problem, Maria, no one is trying to claim you weren't hurt just that you were hurt because of your own actions and not because someone else is at fault.

Anyway, comments from various FG people are not good, I presume she won't be contesting the next election as a FG candidate.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:50 pm 

"I never got to tell my side of the story!"

"OK Maria, give us your side of the story"

"THAT'S FOR A JUDGE TO DECIDE THIS IS AN OUTRAGE"

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:59 pm 

danthefan wrote:
"I never got to tell my side of the story!"

"OK Maria, give us your side of the story"

"THAT'S FOR A JUDGE TO DECIDE THIS IS AN OUTRAGE"

https://www.balls.ie/athletics/maria-ba ... ime-411273

It just keeps on giving :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 2:06 pm 

CM11 wrote:
Quote:
"I did nothing wrong. I am fully entitled if I was injured to bring a legitimate case."

She claims it was up to the courts to decide who was negligent. She keeps on going on about being hurt and not trying it on. That's not the problem, Maria, no one is trying to claim you weren't hurt just that you were hurt because of your own actions and not because someone else is at fault.

Anyway, comments from various FG people are not good, I presume she won't be contesting the next election as a FG candidate.

Could be worse than that for her I think.

This could be a huge scandal for FG if Madigan's involvement is revealed. Could be a huge dent in their South Dublin hold, good opportunity for the likes of Labour here.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 2:07 pm 

Have a read of the journal comments under the results.

It would do your heart the world of good.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 2:10 pm 

This is good from Gavan Reilly

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gzJwowjJUbGPK_IOcLPYK8mvv81vSgXnhIiPSBPFbkk/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 2:15 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
sewa wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
sewa wrote:
CarrotGawks wrote:

I think Dublin badly needs a directly elected mayor with real powers. It’s the model that works throughout the developed world. At the moment the buck stops nowhere and the city is not being developed correctly as a result. You could make an argument for Cork. Limerick and Galway are too small I agree.

The problem with Cork is the division between city and county. Even with the new zoning for the city council area they've left out a big commuter town on the southside (because if the city claimed it the county would lose a huge wad of cash, also because Carrigaline's residents are caught in a backwards half-rural half-urban mindset wanting the best of both worlds without realising they're really asking for a compromise of the worst.) I was at a talk by one of the planners years ago and his point was that there's so many ways to measure the city that any one of them causes problems. He was saying that if you measure it by people resident in and around the city, and who utilise the immediate city and its services then you're talking about it being a fairly decent size in comparison to European counterparts.

If Ireland had development plans, and a similar building culture compared to those European cities you'd have a lot less sprawl. These people use the city, are in effect citizens of the city due to that usage, but where they live has been spread out all over the county because of commuter towns, hub and spoke development, and one-off housing.

I think that ties into the prevailing thought in this thread about how development needs to go from now on. Mid-to-high rise near city centres. And that'll eventually change the geographics of the place from spread out nothing-land where no wants to claim responsibility to a focused community who can have their needs served.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 2:18 pm 

Mullet 2 wrote:

Quote:
Vikki Brennan
6y
Sun 10:55 AM

@Paddy J: I don’t believe that for a second. I think some people see the FFG party badges and vote accordingly irrespective of how good the candidates actually are. And it’s a huge problem.
ObsidianShine
6m
Sun 12:04 PM

@Paddy J: Like Vikki I don’t believe that either, I don’t think people truly educate themselves on the candidates and choose FF and FG because they are the status quo… Just like Republicans and Democrats… And in normal pre-brexit scenarios Conservatives and Labour.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 2:23 pm 

paddyor wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

Quote:
Vikki Brennan
6y
Sun 10:55 AM

@Paddy J: I don’t believe that for a second. I think some people see the FFG party badges and vote accordingly irrespective of how good the candidates actually are. And it’s a huge problem.
ObsidianShine
6m
Sun 12:04 PM

@Paddy J: Like Vikki I don’t believe that either, I don’t think people truly educate themselves on the candidates and choose FF and FG because they are the status quo… Just like Republicans and Democrats… And in normal pre-brexit scenarios Conservatives and Labour.

:lol:

Whats funny about that? I must really be missing something?

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 2:26 pm 

Just listened to the SOR interview, good lord :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 2:30 pm 

'I am a beautiful strong women with two children and I am hurting Sean. A citizen of this state hurting Sean. Is that what the keyboard warriors want. A hurting mother women Sean'

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 2:30 pm 

Blackrock Bullet wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Quote:

Could be worse than that for her I think.

This could be a huge scandal for FG if Madigan's involvement is revealed. Could be a huge dent in their South Dublin hold, good opportunity for the likes of Labour here.

Madigan doesn’t work for the family firm, what involvement did she have

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 2:31 pm 

Declan Crowe "Independent Socialist" came 6th in the 5 seater Kildare LEA (it went 2 FF, 2FG, 1 SF - she beat Crowe by 9 votes to the 5th seat).

It's fair to say that he isn't happy & is keen to tell us all about it on FB.

Mullet - I hope that your colleagues in Kildare are truly ashamed of the way that they have beaten down this fine citizen.

Quote:

Declan Crowe
21 hrs ·
Well its all over for me, the fire that was in me is well and truly extinguished by that result. I dont begrudge Patricia Ryan that seat let me say and I wish her all the best. What happened on Friday is that out of 17,000 people who could vote only 7000 bothered. Out of that 7000, 5000 voted for FF and FG and only 2000 people who disagreed with either of these parties or the state of this country. Once again the minority turned out to ensure that they make the rules for the rest of us. The majority stayed at home not bothered. So I feel very very foolish,not angry nor sad just foolish to think that people gave a shit because its obvious they dont. Let me say how vey very thankful I am to those of you who did turn out to vote for me and my family members who came home from far and wide to vote for me for that I am very greatful. It could be said that it was my fault for not getting people to vote for me but as a man on my own with no help I did all I could, no one offered to help me and thats ok as I was preparded to do the hard work it takes but I cant abide the scourge that Ireland always had in its history, the traitors and collaborators. You know them,their in every town and village including Kildare town. They are the people who come out election after election urging you to vote against your own best interests, they are in positions of influence and bought with your tax money. Yes they are bought with your tax money and whether its a sports club or community group no matter what their backround they put up videos or posts urging you to vote for the politician who bought their loyalyt.
The press and the radio are not in your favour either the are part of the establishment.
Farcical happings in Monasterevin as they majority of people voted for a member of the government party that has denied them in the town so much. The school is unfit for purpose and over crowed and that way for years so the best they could think to do was reward that party with a huge vote, way to go Monasterevin. So now all these issues that is in the town will be sorted??? As if no other towns have issues like yours and the already have FG councilors but this guy is special right? As some one said "with every vote they make the chains that bind them".
I am finshed with it all now and back to my work for pay. Looking back on it now I regret doing any of it, the anti property tax campaign, the anti water charges campaign, the anti corruption meetings and all the other meetings and protest marchs I now regret because I know the majority of people are cowards and revert back to what they believe is the safety of the 2 big parties as soon as they can. I leave you with this (and I will never post on political matters again) what is coming down the line is more pain, more austerity, more charges under the guise of climate change with carbon tax hikes all agreed by all parties and last but not least water charges. Your rights will be further eroded bit by bit, your sons and daughters will be sent to die for any cause the EU masters desire and other stuff that may take longer to surface.If you dont know any of this its because you didnt bother to find out or chose not to hear it, its all on the record and with out doubt. But the majority will take it all as they have done since 2008 and accept their lot and the ruling minority will keeping making the rules. Thanks to all who supported me over the years I really do appreciate it all, over and out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1379, 1380, 1381, 1382, 1383, 1384, 1385 ... 1509  Next