Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:10 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56921 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1398, 1399, 1400, 1401, 1402, 1403, 1404 ... 1424  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:07 pm 

nardol wrote:
goose81 wrote:
His land (family farm) was compulsory purchased which he didnt want to sell for another Intel site AFAIK- that would piss most people off, id do the same tbh

Not how I read it. What you refer to is the objection he won last year.

This is a planning application which I think is not even on his land. Otherwise he would be a first party objector not a third party... ?

hes doing it out of bitterness, anyone can object to anything it doesn't have to affect your land which in this case it doesn't.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:09 pm 

nardol wrote:
Is there a separate thread for this horrible murder stuff?

yeah, I've avoided reading much about it - really disgusting stuff, our own Jamie bulger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:11 pm 

sewa wrote:
feckwanker wrote:
sewa wrote:

But he does, it is in the law. You don't make the law, the Oireachtas do

I always amazes me why you get so vexed about the laws of a jurisdiction that you do not currently live in. Why do you care?

I just like winding up posters who ignore the facts and shout crasy stuff like he shouldn't have the right!

Having an opinion as to how things should be isn’t ignoring the facts. There’s an implicit acknowledgment that that’s how things are presently. You’re such an idiot..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:14 pm 

nardol wrote:

whats the problem? Sewa gets murdered every day on this thread?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:21 pm 

paddyor wrote:
sewa wrote:
feckwanker wrote:
sewa wrote:

But he does, it is in the law. You don't make the law, the Oireachtas do

I always amazes me why you get so vexed about the laws of a jurisdiction that you do not currently live in. Why do you care?

I just like winding up posters who ignore the facts and shout crasy stuff like he shouldn't have the right!

Having an opinion as to how things should be isn’t ignoring the facts. There’s an implicit acknowledgment that that’s how things are presently. You’re such an idiot..

So we should have a system where the rich and powerful can ride roughshod over the controls we had to introduce precisely for that reason? Nah thanks mate. That's bollocks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:27 pm 

Nah we should have a system where a 4 billion euro investment is held up by a crank
A data centre costing a billion is lost to Athenry
And we can't build renewable energy infrastructure anywhere
Oh and it takes 14 years to get a natural gas line

Why don't you take your clueless opinion and fúck off Bimbo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:32 pm 

Oh and one that holds up planning applications during a housing "crises"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:37 pm 

nardol wrote:
I did. Last time I checked it was the executive that runs the country and not the judiciary or parliament.

If the executive doesn't want to enforce a judiciary mandated verdict that's their business.

(Theory on) The executive attaches little, some would argue no precedent setting power to their actions. They are subject to frequent changes based on electoral outcome and have discretionary powers that allow the office a hack of a lot more margin of implementation than the judiciary.... at least from what I remember from back in the day.

:uhoh:

Are you serious?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:48 pm 

rfurlong wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
rfurlong wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:

Quote:
In relation to Boy B, Mr Grehan said there was no forensic evidence connecting him to the scene, and the case against Boy B relied on "what came out of his own mouth" in his interviews with gardai.

Mr Grehan said the interviews contained "lies, untruths and half truths" and told the jury "quite where the lies end or the truth begins will be a matter you will have to decide".

if he wasn't at the scene of the murder and can plausibly argue that he had no idea that murder was the intention, I'm not sure how a jury can find him guilty of murder?

But didn't he say in one of his interviews he did see Boy A strangle her?

wasn't it that he peered into the room and saw a struggle ..... and he subsequently bolted out of the derelict house?

haven't been following it very closely since the opening week of the trial tbh

Perhaps. Still think the fact he didn't try to intervene may work against him in the appeal but you may be right.

whatever else you could call boy B, not intervening to save a life, does not make him a murderer.

would have thought the prosecution would have to prove pre-determination on his part

the jury would appear to believe he was complicit in a clear plan to rape/murder this poor girl ...... and if they are right, he deserves to rot in hell like the other monster involved.

I'm just struggling to see what the evidentiary basis for that conclusion by the jury is.[/quote]

Few of us in the know on this one and both are guilty as charged

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:56 pm 

rfurlong wrote:
Flametop wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
The articles are all being put up on RTE now.

Incredibly depressing. Poor girl.

Very sad.

I’m not a lawyer, but there may be grounds to appeal based on their rights being infringed.
Some of the forensic material/ DNA samples may have been collected in a deceptive manner that may be deemed unconstitutional in a later appeal.
The judge seemed to allow all evidence regardless of how it was obtained.

how, exactly, have you come to this conclusion?

There was agreement before the trial concluded that the prisoners had been treated appropriately and that all evidence had been handled in a proper manner.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:56 pm 

Here lads going on a few trips in the next while Rome, San Sebastian, Porto. I want to bring the missus somewhere else as a thank you for being sound. Any ideas? Any time of year is fine and needs to be be city break as I have a thousand children

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:58 pm 

EverReady wrote:
Here lads going on a few trips in the next while Rome, San Sebastian, Porto. I want to bring the missus somewhere else as a thank you for being sound. Any ideas? Any time of year is fine and needs to be be city break as I have a thousand children

Seville and Granada are fab.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:13 pm 

sewa wrote:
paddyor wrote:
sewa wrote:

So we should have a system where the rich and powerful can ride roughshod over the controls we had to introduce precisely for that reason? Nah thanks mate. That's bollocks

Bimbo 101.

I never expressed an opinion on the matter. To recap, you said

Quote:

Which doesn't actually make any sense. Having an opinion to the effect that he shouldn't have that right is an implicit acknowledgement that they understand he has that right, they just think the law should be changed or do they not have the right to an opinion?

FWIW other countries manage just fine without the overbearing 3rd party appeals system we have here(Think we're one of the only countries in Europe that have them). There probably one of the things that caused the planning system to be so corrupt in the first place. So I'm inclined to agree with them.

Where is the evidence that "the rich and powerful" have rode roughshod over the controls? You didn't read the article did you?

Quote:
The Council last month gave the plan the go-ahead after concluding that the proposal accords with national, regional and local planning policy and would not be injurious to the general amenity of the area and would be in proper accordance with the planning and sustainable development of the area.

However, Mr Reid of Hedsor House, Blakestown, Carton, Maynooth, has now appealed the decision and followed up on his initial two page hand-written objection lodged with Kildare County Council against the new application.

In his objection, Mr Reid claimed that the planning application is contrary to the proper planning and development of the area.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:19 pm 

EverReady wrote:

Florence is really nice, you can even squeeze in Pisa if you do 4-5 days. Munich is good too especially for the christmas markets if you want to wait. Have heard good things about Lisbon. Maybe Amsterdam or Prague.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:24 pm 

EverReady wrote:

Bordeaux and Arcachon would be a lovely 3-4 day trip.

Wait and see who we draw in the HC, Lyon or La Rochelle?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:37 pm 

Flametop wrote:

Quote:
In his closing address to the jurors, Mr Gageby asked if the electronic devices of any 13- or 14-year-old boy could sustain the kind of examination Boy A’s media was subjected to, without finding something unpleasant.

He argued that there was "not one pick of evidence" from the witness box that Boy A had ever said he wanted to kill Ana. And he said that the former State Pathologist Marie Cassidy had told the court that injuries suffered by Ana were not inconsistent with consensual sexual activity.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

She must have had a pretty wild sex life!

Last edited by paddyor on Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:39 pm 

Arcachon? Do you want him to die of boredom or something.

Milan is a bit of a dark horse - it can be absolutely savage if you plan it right
Florence is obviously the worlds greatest city
Seville?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:42 pm 

Jesus Virgin media news (tv3) is dreadful.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:44 pm 

Actually I’d like to see Copenhagen. Been to Oslo pretty cool but crazy expensive.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:46 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
Actually I’d like to see Copenhagen. Been to Oslo pretty cool but crazy expensive.

Copenhagen is the best of the three Scandinavian capitals imo. I've got a bias though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:48 pm 

Floppykid wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

Copenhagen is the best of the three Scandinavian capitals imo. I've got a bias though.

For sexy tall blonde babes yeah

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:04 pm 

in terms of handy places to get to I'd add Verona and Girona to the list...if nothing else you could do 1 of them and in years to come could convince her you brought her to both......was that the time in Verona ?.....nah, it was that great meal we had in Girona remember ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:10 pm 

Stockholm is lovely.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:35 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:

Milan is a bit of a dark horse - it can be absolutely savage if you plan it right
Seville?

It’s a nice seaside town, grand for a day.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:49 pm 

goose81 wrote:
His land (family farm) was compulsory purchased which he didnt want to sell for another Intel site AFAIK- that would piss most people off, id do the same tbh

That's incorrect.

They didn't and don't need his land right now but tried to CPO his land anyway for undefined potential future use. The judge correctly said that it was an abuse of the CPO system.

He is a difficult character to deal with and by doing this, they inflamed the situation further.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:55 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
nardol wrote:

No

There is.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=89994&hilit=Kriegel

Would appreciate it if I didn't have to read anything about it on this thread please. Others have said likewise in the past.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:56 pm 

EverReady wrote:

Went to Bilbao last September. Twas great.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:59 pm 

Uncle Fester wrote:
EverReady wrote:

You weren't there for a European Final no?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:03 pm 

paddyor wrote:
Flametop wrote:

Quote:
In his closing address to the jurors, Mr Gageby asked if the electronic devices of any 13- or 14-year-old boy could sustain the kind of examination Boy A’s media was subjected to, without finding something unpleasant.

He argued that there was "not one pick of evidence" from the witness box that Boy A had ever said he wanted to kill Ana. And he said that the former State Pathologist Marie Cassidy had told the court that injuries suffered by Ana were not inconsistent with consensual sexual activity.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

She must have had a pretty wild sex life!

Christ almighty, that's not even vaguely amusing :thumbdown:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:05 pm 

There is a thread for the murder stuff. Take it there please.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:09 pm 

EverReady wrote:

My favourite destinations for city breaks

Berlin
Krakow
Tallinn
Belfast
Florence
Edinburgh
Brugges

Edit: what did your missus do ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:11 pm 

Uncle Fester wrote:
EverReady wrote:

Know it well - very dull unless you’re with a local. Not a patch on San seb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:12 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:

Seville?

Milan is a bit of a strange choice. What’s savage about it ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:14 pm 

Ze fashion, dahling!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:04 pm 

EverReady wrote:

Aqaba. Visit Petra and The Wadi Rum and lie on the beach.

Whoops not a city break, still put it in the bank for later

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:08 pm 

Flametop wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
nardol wrote:

No

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18306&start=5120

The judiciary thread?

TBF, I’m not sure this case fits that criteria.

Did occur to me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:28 pm 

Nolanator wrote:
Flametop wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
nardol wrote:

No

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18306&start=5120

The judiciary thread?

TBF, I’m not sure this case fits that criteria.

Did occur to me.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=89994&hilit=Kriegel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:34 pm 

Just f*ck off, fester. If people want to discuss the news here they're entitled to.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:38 pm 

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/hea ... 31063.html

This ex gratia payment implies wrong doing on the part of the state - the logic being that the women should have been informed of the audit revealed a false negative. This is a deeply flawed message to send out.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:55 pm 

Boy B’s father comes off as :uhoh:, admits his son told him he didn’t respect him and then goes ballistic in court.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56921 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1398, 1399, 1400, 1401, 1402, 1403, 1404 ... 1424  Next