Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57989 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1437, 1438, 1439, 1440, 1441, 1442, 1443 ... 1450  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:56 pm 

The Sun God wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
We need to break oil dependence and send the middle east back to the irrelevant backwater it so richly deserves.

Just wait until they float Saudi Aremco next year and a chunk of your ridiculously generous civil service pension buys a chunk of their stock..... You'll change your tune.

They're just waiting to strike when the iron's hot is all.

Hold back until battery tech has evolved to the point where the world can genuinely think about an oil free future and then go public gangnam style.

Sadly, this is no guarantee that Irish investment managers won't pile into it quicker than a Love Island contestant.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:07 pm 

The Sun God wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
We need to break oil dependence and send the middle east back to the irrelevant backwater it so richly deserves.

Just wait until they float Saudi Aremco next year and a chunk of your ridiculously generous civil service pension buys a chunk of their stock..... You'll change your tune.

Possibly the biggest flotation ever ?...accountants, lawyers, bankers will have their moral codes tested !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:08 pm 

ticketlessinseattle wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

Possibly the biggest flotation ever ?...accountants, lawyers, bankers will have their moral codes tested !

:lol: :lol: :lol:

...takes breath....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:31 pm 

That hurts....there,'ll be a "moral code dilema premium" added to the hourly rates

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:38 pm 

That hurts....there,'ll be a "moral code dilema premium" added to the hourly rates

I wouldn't worry about it. It's not like the ahem, independent auditor is going to turn up anything embarrassing. Not without prior agreement and someones token goat well and truly pre-scaped.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:42 pm 

That,'ll be the "moral code dilema plus conflict of interest determination premium"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:43 pm 

That,'ll be the "moral code dilema plus conflict of interest determination premium"

I can see those years of training were well spent.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:51 pm 

Only thing it taught me is how to call bullshit from this side of the fence!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:08 pm 

We take students in for the summer months. Generally Spanish though have had Japanese and Brazilians. The Brazilians in particular look like they are not planning to go home after staying with us. We only take females as we have young kids and I am a pervert. We got an email from the company today saying they had a Turkish and Nigerian group coming in mainly males and were we interested :lol: I'd say immigration might be

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:16 pm 

Norwegian Air bailing from Ireland. 'Not commercially viable'.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:35 pm 

nardol wrote:

The airline ?

That must be some grin on O'learys face - another one bites the dust.

He might even be getting some fairly new Boeings early.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:40 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
nardol wrote:

The airline ?

And lots of pilots!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:47 pm 

Liathroidigloine wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
nardol wrote:

The airline ?

And lots of pilots!

Earning exactly zero as no doubt will be pointed out to all his pilots.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:12 pm 

goose81 wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Seems that they found the body of the Irish teenager who went missing in Malaysia. Seemed inevitable. Still, horrible.

Terribly sad but I dont understand why the media here refer to her as Irish, she was born and lived her whole life in London from the looks.

She has an Irish passport and because we're not cünts, it opens doors.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:17 pm 

Uncle Fester wrote:
goose81 wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Seems that they found the body of the Irish teenager who went missing in Malaysia. Seemed inevitable. Still, horrible.

Terribly sad but I dont understand why the media here refer to her as Irish, she was born and lived her whole life in London from the looks.

I know she had a passport but shes not in any way Irish, essentially wondering why its deemed worthy front page news here. it barely was in the UK, our media seem desperate to latch onto anything.

My Yank cousins who dont in any way consider themselves Irish have Irish passports its moot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:23 pm 

A person traveling on an Irish passport disappears, the search for her is aided by the Irish embassy and police, she has an Irish mother and Irish relations who are no doubt devastated and you're so petty that you call whether she is deserving of being called Irish?

:?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:38 pm 

goose81 wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:
goose81 wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

I know she had a passport but shes not in any way Irish, essentially wondering why its deemed worthy front page news here. it barely was in the UK, our media seem desperate to latch onto anything.

My Yank cousins who dont in any way consider themselves Irish have Irish passports its moot

the guardian

BBC

A lead item in both.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:48 pm 

You obviously weren't on the guardian yesterday because it was no where to be seen on their front page

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:11 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Very sad. She must have died terrified and all alone. The Malaysians are just great people. It’s an extremely low crime country so they knew that abduction was unlikely. They did everything they could to help this poor family.

From what I've heard it's a country with a serious darkside, like Thailand. I have also heard that the police are happy to cover up and downplay crime when it comes to the likes of tourism etc. I'm going to wait for some more details on this before discounting the abduction angle.

And I agree, any Malaysian I've met has been very nice. Doesn't mean there isn't some scum there too, their previous PM being a prime example.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:14 pm 

See Mike Pence is visiting. We better be nice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:28 pm 

EverReady wrote:
See Mike Pence is visiting. We better be nice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:12 pm 

Hope Leo ates the face off his fella at the reception

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:14 pm 

Now is the time to be lick arses and I am not referring to another thing Leo could do with his fella at the reception

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:18 pm 

Bullettyme wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Very sad. She must have died terrified and all alone. The Malaysians are just great people. It’s an extremely low crime country so they knew that abduction was unlikely. They did everything they could to help this poor family.

From what I've heard it's a country with a serious darkside, like Thailand. I have also heard that the police are happy to cover up and downplay crime when it comes to the likes of tourism etc. I'm going to wait for some more details on this before discounting the abduction angle.

And I agree, any Malaysian I've met has been very nice. Doesn't mean there isn't some scum there too, their previous PM being a prime example.

Apparently she was found with no clothes on. Looks dodge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:59 pm 

Norwegian pulling Irish transatlantic flights. It was coming sadly.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:00 pm 

I remember when they first mooted transatlantic and Michael O'Leary saying let them at it

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:08 pm 

I remember when they first mooted transatlantic and Michael O'Leary saying let them at it

Very difficult to make money on TATL using narrow body and a LCC business model. 2 turn arounds a day instead of the 6 or 8 on a Euro SH route.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:14 pm 

redderneck wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

They're just waiting to strike when the iron's hot is all.

Hold back until battery tech has evolved to the point where the world can genuinely think about an oil free future and then go public gangnam style.

Sadly, this is no guarantee that Irish investment managers won't pile into it quicker than a Love Island contestant.

Thorium Molten Salt Reactors. When they come along it's all Asimov futuristic gravy.
Put it in the northside or Louth or something, just incase, and we're set.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:57 am 

CM11 wrote:
A person traveling on an Irish passport disappears, the search for her is aided by the Irish embassy and police, she has an Irish mother and Irish relations who are no doubt devastated and you're so petty that you call whether she is deserving of being called Irish?

:?

Steady on stats .... goose posed a genuine and valid question that had many people perplexed

This tragedy befell a London child of a French man and Belfast woman. The poor girl likely never set foot in the RoI, yet RTE ran the story as lead news item for 4 days

The reporting in Ireland, at best, had something of the ‘silly season’ about it, and at worst was voyeuristic

It’s certainly not ‘petty’ to question the somewhat breathless or tabloidesque approach that was taken by Irish broadcasters ...... especially since it’s a recurring theme in their coverage generally, even beyond human interest stories.....

from housing to health to the number of H1’s being awarded, the Irish media seem to be focused on wringing peoples emotions, as opposed to actually reporting on the world in a rational, dispassionate and controlled way.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:55 am 

I have no issue with him questioning the media reporting. I didn't even address that part of his post.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:03 am 

It's bad news for the consumer. I haven't flown with them but their east coast options were fine and I'd have considered Providence.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:27 am 

Blackrock Bullet wrote:

It's bad news for the consumer. I haven't flown with them but their east coast options were fine and I'd have considered Providence.

My daughter, who lives in NYC flew with them once....never again.!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:25 pm 

The Sun God wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote:

only 2 olives in the martinis ?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:34 pm 

The Sun God wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote:

OK....not bad. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:44 pm 

They were good and extraordinary value. Huge loss.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:47 pm 

Flew with them once. Not bad.

Seat - avoids JFK - had entire aisle to myself :thumbup:

I can see what it wasn't profitable.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:50 pm 

The Sun God wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote:

Real man’s drink

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:55 am 

EverReady wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Very sad.

I really wonder what happened.

Went for a walk, strayed, and panicked.

I would have thought probably looking for parents in a strange place. That's what I initially thought rather than abducted

Looks like you were right - autopsy found no evidence of assault

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:28 am 

Duff Paddy wrote:
EverReady wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Very sad.

I really wonder what happened.

Went for a walk, strayed, and panicked.

I would have thought probably looking for parents in a strange place. That's what I initially thought rather than abducted

Looks like you were right - autopsy found no evidence of assault

How in the name of God did it take those idiots 10 days to find the child less than 2 KM from where she was last seen......? Surely heat seeking cameras attached to drones could have covered the area in detail..... Poor kid.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:38 am 

The Sun God wrote:
How in the name of God did it take those idiots 10 days to find the child less than 2 KM from where she was last seen......? Surely heat seeking cameras attached to drones could have covered the area in detail..... Poor kid.

In a ravine.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57989 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1437, 1438, 1439, 1440, 1441, 1442, 1443 ... 1450  Next