Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1475, 1476, 1477, 1478, 1479, 1480, 1481 ... 1506  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 22037
If capital Dock had been finished that way the difference would be huge


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20851
Mullet 2 wrote:
If capital Dock had been finished that way the difference would be huge


It's beyond belief how shit it looks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25100
That black finish is quite nice. Has an aged smokey vibe to it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 22037
Like a good brazzer


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25100
Mullet 2 wrote:
Like a good brazzer


Yeah. Has the feel of somewhere you can do a bit of business, go for a pint at lunch time with the paper and arrive home at midnight with lipstick on your collar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35533
I see the Irish Times are describing the 10 storey Boston Sidings development as high rise!

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 16362
Mullet 2 wrote:
If capital Dock had been finished that way the difference would be huge

I don’t even think it’s the black or wine. It’s the window spacing that fucks it up just as much. Like they got caught between 2 stools.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10873
Location: #68
It’s the window frames of capital dock that screws it up.

And the concrete wall.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35533
Is Varadkar trolling the DUP ?

Quote:
The queen will still be the queen, the pound will still be the pound , people will still post letters in Royal Mail red letter boxes,” Mr Varadkar said in Brussels at the conclusion of the two-day summit of European leaders.


https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/u ... 1?mode=amp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 29349
https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/new ... 09141.html

Can’t believe a word this guy says - everyone in the area is terrified to speak up


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35533
So Niall Collins voted twice in a few votes in the Dáil on Thursday, firstly using his own, and then his 'besties' Timmy Dooley as he had to leave the Dáil chamber to take a phone call.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politic ... -1.4056564

Surely both TDs have to be suspended for a long time for such an egregious abuse of Dáil democracy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35533
And it appears that it is FF party policy !

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politic ... -1.4057228


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 22037
Who cares?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35533
Democrats.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 22037
It's an anorak story. I mean I care but but let's not pretend Joe Public cares a vote when the way it would have gone anyway


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35533
Mullet 2 wrote:
It's an anorak story. I mean I care but but let's not pretend Joe Public cares a vote when the way it would have gone anyway

It stinks to high heaven Mullet, and stinks of not taking the Dáil and its procedures seriously. FF Tds should be allowed to kick the shit out of the three(so far) for such egregious abuse. It will be brought up in any election campaign.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 22037
Meh


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6905
So we are going to be aborting babies up to 28 weeks old in Ireland. The clamour to align the abortion regimes will begin soon.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 51403
camroc1 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
It's an anorak story. I mean I care but but let's not pretend Joe Public cares a vote when the way it would have gone anyway

It stinks to high heaven Mullet, and stinks of not taking the Dáil and its procedures seriously. FF Tds should be allowed to kick the shit out of the three(so far) for such egregious abuse. It will be brought up in any election campaign.


Calm down cam. It's unlikely FG have never done it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25100
Liathroidigloine wrote:
So we are going to be aborting babies up to 28 weeks old in Ireland. The clamour to align the abortion regimes will begin soon.


Everything is Brexited these days

'I didn't vote for that'
'yes you did respect the vote'
'I literally did not'
'respect democracy respect women'
'If I am not mistaken it was said this wouldn't happen'
'you hate women and democracy'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 51403
EverReady wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
So we are going to be aborting babies up to 28 weeks old in Ireland. The clamour to align the abortion regimes will begin soon.


Everything is Brexited these days

'I didn't vote for that'
'yes you did respect the vote'
'I literally did not'
'respect democracy respect women'
'If I am not mistaken it was said this wouldn't happen'
'you hate women and democracy'


If you're referring to the referendum, none of that applies.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6905
CM11 wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
So we are going to be aborting babies up to 28 weeks old in Ireland. The clamour to align the abortion regimes will begin soon.


Everything is Brexited these days

'I didn't vote for that'
'yes you did respect the vote'
'I literally did not'
'respect democracy respect women'
'If I am not mistaken it was said this wouldn't happen'
'you hate women and democracy'


If you're referring to the referendum, none of that applies.


Will we or won't we be killing babies up to 28 weeks old on this island?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 51403
Liathroidigloine wrote:
CM11 wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
So we are going to be aborting babies up to 28 weeks old in Ireland. The clamour to align the abortion regimes will begin soon.


Everything is Brexited these days

'I didn't vote for that'
'yes you did respect the vote'
'I literally did not'
'respect democracy respect women'
'If I am not mistaken it was said this wouldn't happen'
'you hate women and democracy'


If you're referring to the referendum, none of that applies.


Will we or won't we be killing babies up to 28 weeks old on this island?


I have no idea.

The referendum was to repeal the 8th. Not to decide for the rest of our time on earth what the Oireachtas would do.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 10278
In our estate the Council contractors turned up to replace dangerous little Volcano like eruptions in the tarmac footpaths caused by tree roots.
They did the fairly pristine areas ignoring the really bad trip hazards, some of which are 400mm high.
Asking to be sued the gobshites.
I provided the council with pictures/video gps locations, adjacent house numbers, excel you name it.
One little section has 6 potholes in a 10 metre stretch.
People in electric wheelchairs leave the footpath to go on the road to avoid potholes, some pedestrians too.
The trees have a lifespan of 50 years( councils own words) and and are approx 60 years old, will the trees just rip up the path again.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33526
Location: Pigdogistan
Liathroidigloine wrote:
So we are going to be aborting babies up to 28 weeks old in Ireland. The clamour to align the abortion regimes will begin soon.

Link?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 22037
Nolanator wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
So we are going to be aborting babies up to 28 weeks old in Ireland. The clamour to align the abortion regimes will begin soon.

Link?



He means Northern Ireland


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:07 pm
Posts: 7079
Mullet 2 wrote:
Fúcking brick finish again on the right.

Still look so stunted compared to other cities


It looks shite. It should be rejected on aesthetics, not scale or mass. Architects in Ireland would really want to pull the finger out as the quality of what they produce as a whole is pretty appalling.

This obsession with brick x(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35533
This would be funny if it wasn't sad.

Developers buy the old Chivers jam factory site which had lain derelict for nearly 20 years. Go through the planning process and emerge with planning permission for nearly 500 apartments in four to nine storey blocks, which were originally for the private market, either purchase or buy to let. Instead offer the lot to the Irish government for use as social housing under the new enhanced leasing scheme.

Next thing the local councillors come out and start complaining that the "mistakes" of Ballymun are being repeated.

It would appear that apartments in 9 storey blocks are fine for private tenants/owners bit not for social housing tenants.

That says everything !

Image

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social- ... -1.4058268


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25100
CM11 wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
CM11 wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
So we are going to be aborting babies up to 28 weeks old in Ireland. The clamour to align the abortion regimes will begin soon.


Everything is Brexited these days

'I didn't vote for that'
'yes you did respect the vote'
'I literally did not'
'respect democracy respect women'
'If I am not mistaken it was said this wouldn't happen'
'you hate women and democracy'


If you're referring to the referendum, none of that applies.


Will we or won't we be killing babies up to 28 weeks old on this island?


I have no idea.

The referendum was to repeal the 8th. Not to decide for the rest of our time on earth what the Oireachtas would do.


It was committed to by all, correct me if I am wrong, political parties they would not seek anything beyond the low 20's. I remember Ruth Coppinger making a big scene over that and almost immediately lost vote saying 'nah only joking'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:10 pm
Posts: 630
lorcanoworms wrote:
In our estate the Council contractors turned up to replace dangerous little Volcano like eruptions in the tarmac footpaths caused by tree roots.
They did the fairly pristine areas ignoring the really bad trip hazards, some of which are 400mm high.
Asking to be sued the gobshites.
I provided the council with pictures/video gps locations, adjacent house numbers, excel you name it.
One little section has 6 potholes in a 10 metre stretch.
People in electric wheelchairs leave the footpath to go on the road to avoid potholes, some pedestrians too.
The trees have a lifespan of 50 years( councils own words) and and are approx 60 years old, will the trees just rip up the path again.


Co Co are offered some protection under nonfeasance defence maybe they decided it was easier to leave well alone then make a balls of the repair which would then leave them open to claims not saying they wont get sued but strangely might have a stronger defence by doing nothing


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 25100
Mullet 2 wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
So we are going to be aborting babies up to 28 weeks old in Ireland. The clamour to align the abortion regimes will begin soon.

Link?



He means Northern Ireland


Ah


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35533
AFAIK last nights legislation just decriminalised abortion in NI, with a period until the end of March for the NI Dept of Health to come up with the regulatory framework. So whilst it might indeed be legal to abort a foetus/baby at 28 weeks (or indeed later), no doctor or hospital would undertake the operation without regulations being (and therefore insurance) in place. The immediate effect of the legislation will be to stop women who purchase abortion pills on the internet being arrested and charged, and more importantly allow them to have some sort of medical supervision.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6905
camroc1 wrote:
AFAIK last nights legislation just decriminalised abortion in NI, with a period until the end of March for the NI Dept of Health to come up with the regulatory framework. So whilst it might indeed be legal to abort a foetus/baby at 28 weeks (or indeed later), no doctor or hospital would undertake the operation without regulations being (and therefore insurance) in place. The immediate effect of the legislation will be to stop women who purchase abortion pills on the internet being arrested and charged, and more importantly allow them to have some sort of medical supervision.


Do you think NI will have separate legislation to Britain? 90% of babies born at 28 weeks survive. They are not foetuses, they are babies.


Likelihood of Survival Based on Length of Pregnancy
23 weeks: 17%
24 weeks: 39%
25 weeks: 50%
26 weeks: 80%
27 weeks: 90%
28 to 31 weeks: 90 to 95%
32 to 33 weeks: 95%
34+ weeks: Almost as likely as a full-term baby

https://www.verywellfamily.com/prematur ... ty-2371529


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35533
Liathroidigloine wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
AFAIK last nights legislation just decriminalised abortion in NI, with a period until the end of March for the NI Dept of Health to come up with the regulatory framework. So whilst it might indeed be legal to abort a foetus/baby at 28 weeks (or indeed later), no doctor or hospital would undertake the operation without regulations being (and therefore insurance) in place. The immediate effect of the legislation will be to stop women who purchase abortion pills on the internet being arrested and charged, and more importantly allow them to have some sort of medical supervision.


Do you think NI will have separate legislation to Britain? 90% of babies born at 28 weeks survive. They are not foetuses, they are babies.


Likelihood of Survival Based on Length of Pregnancy
23 weeks: 17%
24 weeks: 39%
25 weeks: 50%
26 weeks: 80%
27 weeks: 90%
28 to 31 weeks: 90 to 95%
32 to 33 weeks: 95%
34+ weeks: Almost as likely as a full-term baby

https://www.verywellfamily.com/prematur ... ty-2371529

I really don't know, but I suspect politicians in NI, if there is to be abortion legislation, would prefer it to be closer to our legislation than that of GB. But that is a problem for NI politicians on both sides to see if they can ignore their disfunctionality for long enough to influence the regulations.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm
Posts: 16362
camroc1 wrote:
This would be funny if it wasn't sad.

Developers buy the old Chivers jam factory site which had lain derelict for nearly 20 years. Go through the planning process and emerge with planning permission for nearly 500 apartments in four to nine storey blocks, which were originally for the private market, either purchase or buy to let. Instead offer the lot to the Irish government for use as social housing under the new enhanced leasing scheme.

Next thing the local councillors come out and start complaining that the "mistakes" of Ballymun are being repeated.

It would appear that apartments in 9 storey blocks are fine for private tenants/owners bit not for social housing tenants.

That says everything !

Image

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social- ... -1.4058268

Well yeah. Is this even in question? The common areas will get destroyed pdq


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20851
Liathroidigloine wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
AFAIK last nights legislation just decriminalised abortion in NI, with a period until the end of March for the NI Dept of Health to come up with the regulatory framework. So whilst it might indeed be legal to abort a foetus/baby at 28 weeks (or indeed later), no doctor or hospital would undertake the operation without regulations being (and therefore insurance) in place. The immediate effect of the legislation will be to stop women who purchase abortion pills on the internet being arrested and charged, and more importantly allow them to have some sort of medical supervision.


Do you think NI will have separate legislation to Britain? 90% of babies born at 28 weeks survive. They are not foetuses, they are babies.


Likelihood of Survival Based on Length of Pregnancy
23 weeks: 17%
24 weeks: 39%
25 weeks: 50%
26 weeks: 80%
27 weeks: 90%
28 to 31 weeks: 90 to 95%
32 to 33 weeks: 95%
34+ weeks: Almost as likely as a full-term baby

https://www.verywellfamily.com/prematur ... ty-2371529


What sort of response are you looking for here (and to your other similar posts)?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 631
Location: M.E.
My eldest was born at 26 weeks, abortion at 28 weeks is revolting.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:43 am
Posts: 22037
If you don't want them they're only a fetus though


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 35533
September figures in for Dublin Airport.

A record 3m passengers used the airport in September up 4% yoy.

Overall in the ytd 25.5m passengers have used Dublin up 5% yoy.

Dublin is on course to have more than 33m passengers in 2019.

https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-ne ... passengers


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:22 am
Posts: 3358
0.1% of abortions occur at 24 weeks in the UK and most of these are when there is a direct threat to the life of the mother.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1475, 1476, 1477, 1478, 1479, 1480, 1481 ... 1506  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big Nipper, Boomslang, comets, CrazyIslander, Dark, DOB, Google Adsense [Bot], Laurent, Lazy Couch potato, naki111, rabble, RuggaBugga, UncleFB, usermame, Wilderbeast, Yourmother and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group