Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:24 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1480, 1481, 1482, 1483, 1484, 1485, 1486 ... 1533  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:55 pm 

Duff Paddy wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
So Quinn directors get final warning from the gang

Hope the Gardai have surveillance on the targets. That's the best way of catching the gangsters

Link? That is terrifying stuff. These guys obviously think they’re above the law. I thought our gardai had a better handle on things but the prime time segment on it showed that they clearly don’t. Also the council workers afraid to remove the intimidatory signs - it’s worse than the mafia

On the RTE website now

This is another Veronica Guerin type moment for the state - we need to deal with this ruthlessly

Needs a joint armed gardai / PSNI operation. The border is what protects them

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:51 pm 

I haven't really followed this other than being aware of the horrific attack on Kevin Lunney. What are they trying to intimidate them into doing?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:03 pm 

CM11 wrote:
I haven't really followed this other than being aware of the horrific attack on Kevin Lunney. What are they trying to intimidate them into doing?

Selling back to Sean Quinn on the cheap.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:16 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
CM11 wrote:

I suspect Mr Quinn isn't just an innocent bystander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:17 pm 

camroc1 wrote:
CM11 wrote:

x(

So he has an offer out to buy that the board have been asked to approve or they want them to offer it to him off their own bat?

And I presume he's distanced himself from this by refusing to accept any offer? :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:18 pm 

CM11 wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
CM11 wrote:

x(

So he has an offer out to buy that the board have been asked to approve or they want them to offer it to him off their own bat?

And I presume he's distanced himself from this by refusing to accept any offer? :roll:

No offer yet, the thugs are in the "one you can't refuse" business.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:20 pm 

iarmhiman wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
CM11 wrote:

I suspect Mr Quinn isn't just an innocent bystander

To be clear he has nothing to gain from this and has connection to the scumbags who may or may not be in certain cross border illegal activities. He is very clear on this when asked

Edit; sorry I meant to say no connection, apologies for any misunderstanding

Last edited by sewa on Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:41 pm 

Check out this MOANY CNUT in the Times today.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:44 pm 

Leinsterman wrote:

She went from NYC to Belfast FFS, one of the few cities in the world where the shops don't open on Sunday morning.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:47 pm 

Leinsterman wrote:

Reverse culture shock.

My mate was the same when he came home from Sydney.

Then he went back and hated Sydney the 2nd time and wants to come home again.

It takes time to settle. Constantly moving ensures that never happens

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:49 pm 

"I had to polish the cutlery"

You're a waitress in Belfast. Obviously they got the illegal Mexican to do it in NYC :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:53 pm 

Those articles in the Times of moany cünts coming back or leaving are going on years with the sole purpose of saying how shite we are. I really really hate them and is one of the main reasons I don't buy the IT anymore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:59 pm 

Belfast is a bit of an odd choice. Know people who moved there and none of them could settle.

Even a harmless fella like Nols was driven out by sectarianism.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:01 pm 

EverReady wrote:
Those articles in the Times of moany cünts coming back or leaving are going on years with the sole purpose of saying how shite we are. I really really hate them and is one of the main reasons I don't buy the IT anymore

Yeah they drive me nuts. Just fook off back to Twatistan
Encountered several gobshites over the years who bemoaned the lack of jobs and opportunities in ireland only to end up waiting tables or working in McDonald's in Australia or Canada

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:03 pm 

:lol:
I'm just an economic migrant.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:03 pm 

Mostly harmless

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:05 pm 

HighKingLeinster wrote:
EverReady wrote:

Yeah they drive me nuts. Just fook off back to Twatistan
Encountered several gobshites over the years who bemoaned the lack of jobs and opportunities in ireland only to end up waiting tables or working in McDonald's in Australia or Canada

'The homeless people in Dublin just get me so upset and I want to cry that they are living on sandwiches that my friend Fionnuala makes before going out and taking a load of coke'
'where have you come home from exactly'
'San Francisco'

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:06 pm 

What happens to them is that they change but so does Ireland when they're gone.

In their mind Ireland is on hold until they get home.

When they see it changed, their friends settled with kids, they want to go back to their transition lives abroad. Very common

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:30 pm 

EverReady wrote:

The IT has to balance out all the immigrant stories where they write about Ireland being pretty great and the editor has to press them to include at least one whinge about the state of the country.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:59 pm 

The IT is just trolling with those articles. What kind of a gobshite goes from NYC to Belfast and moans about the slower pace of life :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:08 am 

Duff Paddy wrote:
The IT is just trolling with those articles. What kind of a gobshite goes from NYC to Belfast and moans about the slower pace of life :lol: :lol:

But in NYC she "met celebrities, diplomats, poets, artists, wealthy publishers, all-round interesting human beings". Honestly sounds like a brag to cover up a life she wasn't actually enjoying.

Emigrating is fantastic, your first few years are like an extended holiday where you are discovering news things but eventually that morphs into normal everyday life. At that point you have a choice to either put your head down and crack on in your new life or else do like this girl has done and make the safe decision to go back home to Ireland. Unfortunately when she got home she realised she's still not able for normal life.

Wherever you live, it's all about what you make of it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:53 am 

Duff Paddy wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
So Quinn directors get final warning from the gang

Hope the Gardai have surveillance on the targets. That's the best way of catching the gangsters

Link? That is terrifying stuff. These guys obviously think they’re above the law. I thought our gardai had a better handle on things but the prime time segment on it showed that they clearly don’t. Also the council workers afraid to remove the intimidatory signs - it’s worse than the mafia

On the RTE website now

This is another Veronica Guerin type moment for the state - we need to deal with this ruthlessly

From what I am hearing, the State are all over this including cooperation with UK 'forces' over the border. The problem is unless you catch these crims with their hand in the cookie jar, it's very hard to get solid evidence. Don't be surprised to see a 'bounty' being offered for information in the coming weeks..... a considerable bounty.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:57 am 

Explain to me like I'm 5. What exactly is it that these this want?
The people being targeted are running the holding company of the business since Quinn was declared bankrupt?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:57 am 

Duff Paddy wrote:

She finishes the piece with the question ' But what am I here ?'............ I tell you what you are love, you're a fúcking eejit that's what.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:58 am 

Sundy wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

But in NYC she "met celebrities, diplomats, poets, artists, wealthy publishers, all-round interesting human beings". Honestly sounds like a brag to cover up a life she wasn't actually enjoying.

Emigrating is fantastic, your first few years are like an extended holiday where you are discovering news things but eventually that morphs into normal everyday life. At that point you have a choice to either put your head down and crack on in your new life or else do like this girl has done and make the safe decision to go back home to Ireland. Unfortunately when she got home she realised she's still not able for normal life.

I find every immigrant tells me how fantastic life is because if it's not fantastic they've made a terrible mistake.

People don't like to admit that to themselves never mind others.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:00 am 

They believe Quinn was still viable and it was a cash grab by external forces aided and abetted by the state.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:00 am 

Nolanator wrote:
The people being targeted are running the holding company of the business since Quinn was declared bankrupt?

They want Quinn back in control because it's the only way to get their hands on the 500 million that the Russian mafia knicked on them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:08 am 

The Sun God wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

They want Quinn back in control because it's the only way to get their hands on the 500 million that the Russian mafia knicked on them.

He's not adverse to getting his own hands dirty "allegedly" and has been known to threaten people personally "allegedly".

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:11 am 

I know a few people who have come back to Ireland having worked with charities abroad or simply had a really long holiday, really struggling to get work.
Any immigrants I meet here love a moan, have much bigger apartments back in Hungary.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:25 am 

Nolanator wrote:

We still have defamation laws.

Long story short, there's a border, borders are handy for certain activities.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:27 am 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Sundy wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

I find every immigrant tells me how fantastic life is because if it's not fantastic they've made a terrible mistake.

People don't like to admit that to themselves never mind others.

I've seen a few people do that to themselves. Refusing to admit that a bedsit in some godforsaken corner of London isn't all that.

Tbh, of my mates, other than people who couldn't work in Dublin, most people who left in recent years were miserable here, and discovered they were miserable elsewhere too.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:32 am 

The Sun God wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

She finishes the piece with the question ' But what am I here ?'............ I tell you what you are love, you're a fúcking eejit that's what.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:44 am 

I'm at the age now at which my mates abroad have to ask themselves the most serious question of all.

Do you actually want your kids to be some English/Aussie cúnt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:49 am 

Thought it was well known at this stage that people who emigrate tend to spam Facebook and the likes with how much of a totes amazing time they're having in order to convince themselves they are actually living it up.

I read that article with complete bemusement yesterday. Belfast ffs :lol: She seems like a complete idiot. Go back to NY if you love it so much.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:56 am 

Mullet 2 wrote:
I'm at the age now at which my mates abroad have to ask themselves the most serious question of all.

Do you actually want your kids to be some English/Aussie cúnt

Ah they have until 8 or 9 or so to undo the damage.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:00 am 

Can you take a chance with that accent.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:02 am 

Mullet 2 wrote:
Can you take a chance with that accent.

I put my faith in our excellent rugby schools.

They'll all come out sounding like O'Driscoll, D'Arcy et al.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:07 am 

While I'd always encourage people in their 20s to travel and work, depending on what work they do while abroad will decide how straightforward their return home will be.

If they spend years working as waiters/waitresses, construction sites etc, they basically have to deal with being low paid when they return with high rents. Not easy.

When going for a job in Ireland one of the questions asked is what you did for the past few years if there is nothing relevant to the new job showing on the CV in terms of experience.

Then there is the competition. Companies often hire internally making it more challenging to get a foot in the door with little experience.

Taking unpaid leave for 3 months with plenty of experience is safer than travelling for an extended period , then looking for a skilled job on return with little experience.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:07 am 

So, to sum up....it’s ok to go abroad, find a good looking six foot tall Pacific Islander lass with, ahem good ball handling skills just so long as you hate being there the whole time and are sure to return to the old sod before the kids are 8-9 years old and we can’t be accused of poaching later?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:26 am 

danthefan wrote:
Thought it was well known at this stage that people who emigrate tend to spam Facebook and the likes with how much of a totes amazing time they're having in order to convince themselves they are actually living it up.

I read that article with complete bemusement yesterday. Belfast ffs :lol: She seems like a complete idiot. Go back to NY if you love it so much.

she can't. No visa and wasted 6 years of her life waiting tables without improving her education and moving around Manhattan like a tinker, sofa surfing I would imagine.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1480, 1481, 1482, 1483, 1484, 1485, 1486 ... 1533  Next