Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:30 pm 

"Search" reveals nothing.

Help gratefully received.

Last edited by globus on Sun May 19, 2019 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:33 pm 

Why don’t you pick any thread at random and fill it with barely lucid fantasy stories. It’s what you normally do.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:36 pm 

Old people and their inability to use technology... try this: https://tinyurl.com/y6j7n4ew

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:37 pm 

ScarfaceClaw wrote:
Why don’t you pick any thread at random and fill it with barely lucid fantasy stories. It’s what you normally do.

Thanks for the observation. Typically, you've not answered my question just just launched into having a go at me.

I can dodge the arrows and bullets. Been doing it for ages on here.

Try a more nice persona and I might respect you.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:38 pm 

Demilich wrote:
Old people and their inability to use technology... try this: https://tinyurl.com/y6j7n4ew

?

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:39 pm 

Type "I'm learning" into the search bar, you should be able to find it alongside the multiple languages, cold water fusion, brain surgery and every instrument ever invented.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:41 pm 

danny_fitz wrote:
Type "I'm learning" into the search bar, you should be able to find it alongside the multiple languages, cold water fusion, brain surgery and every instrument ever invented.

Oh well. I always thought folk on here would be helpful. It appears I was wrong.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:42 pm 

To be fair it was your best thread ever.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:58 pm 

Search found it without breaking a sweat.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=89893

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:14 pm 

ScarfaceClaw wrote:

Cheers SFC. Redemption is wonderful thing. You are in my fan club.

I reckon I might have gotten there but I've a hell of a lot of paperwork on my desk. Let's just assume total laziness.

Have a good weekend.

At the moment I'm into litigation with Ocado. I've posted the CCTV footage. They won't know what's hit them on Monday. It helps to have barristers on your side. As relatives, it costs £0.

My cousin has played a blinder. I expect a bit of knee knocking. Dog with a slipper, me.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:22 pm 

globus wrote:
ScarfaceClaw wrote:

I reckon I might have gotten there but I've a hell of a lot of paperwork on my desk. Let's just assume total laziness.

Have a good weekend.

At the moment I'm into litigation with Ocado. I've posted the CCTV footage. They won't know what's hit them on Monday. It helps to have barristers on your side. As relatives, it costs £0.

My cousin has played a blinder. I expect a bit of knee knocking. Dog with a slipper, me.

Trust my word, when a barrister/lawyer tells you the cost is 0, that's the amount of energy they will put on your case.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:28 pm 

julian wrote:
globus wrote:
ScarfaceClaw wrote:

Have a good weekend.

Trust my word, when a barrister/lawyer tells you the cost is 0, that's the amount of energy they will put on your case.

Could you provide a summary of Globus’s post for the English speakers on the bored.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:29 pm 

julian wrote:
globus wrote:
ScarfaceClaw wrote:

Have a good weekend.

Not for me. I was best man at his wedding. I got him to the reception with his newly wed wife in a helicopter.

I'm up on favours owed. I also organised his honeymoon. With quite a lot of subterfuge. His wife had not a clue where they were going.

The British Virgin Islands on a skippered yacht.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:29 pm 

ScarfaceClaw wrote:
julian wrote:
globus wrote:
ScarfaceClaw wrote:

Have a good weekend.

Could you provide a summary of Globus’s post for the English speakers on the bored.

No habla inglés.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:30 pm 

julian wrote:
ScarfaceClaw wrote:
julian wrote:
globus wrote:
ScarfaceClaw wrote:

Have a good weekend.

No habla inglés.

This is a relief. Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:41 pm 

ScarfaceClaw wrote:
julian wrote:
globus wrote:
ScarfaceClaw wrote:

Have a good weekend.

Sure,

Globus wrote, in summary, Look at Meeeeeeeeeeee!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:45 pm 

I'm worth looking at. Are you?

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:09 pm 

globus wrote:
ScarfaceClaw wrote:

Have a good weekend.

Is this from when the Ocado van slightly damaged your mid range quashquaiquaiauai? You need to get a better insurance company if you are having to litigate Ocado personally.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:19 pm 

A5D5E5 wrote:
globus wrote:
ScarfaceClaw wrote:

Have a good weekend.

Is this from when the Ocado van slightly damaged your mid range quashquaiquaiauai? You need to get a better insurance company if you are having to litigate Ocado personally.

You mean bastard.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:22 pm 

danny_fitz wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:
globus wrote:
ScarfaceClaw wrote:

Have a good weekend.

You mean bastard.

Ok, upper mid range then.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:29 pm 

It's actually top of the range. Got all the bells and whistles. It's so good we are thinking of buying a new one, once this mini disaster has finished.

We've been looking at the Evoque. Having a test drive shortly. But my days of petrol head are long gone.

It's no fun anymore. Too much traffic.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:35 pm 

globus wrote:
It's actually top of the range. Got all the bells and whistles. It's so good we are thinking of buying a new one, once this mini disaster has finished.

We've been looking at the Evoque. Having a test drive shortly. But my days of petrol head are long gone.

Whatever. Why are you engaging your own barrister over a couple of scratches and a dent?

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:36 pm 

globus wrote:

Well hurry up and finish your bridge then

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:45 pm 

A5D5E5 wrote:
globus wrote:

Whatever. Why are you engaging your own barrister over a couple of scratches and a dent?

You know he's not really.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:47 pm 

danny_fitz wrote:
globus wrote:

Well hurry up and finish your bridge then

Not good news on that front. We've got to tell the populace that work will not commence till "later". The definition of "later" means they haven't a ruddy clue.

Got a cracking photo of a lorry trying to squeeze though. It didn't! Not allowed to post it, though I'd love to.

We are getting Number Plate Recognition cameras. The signs are clear enough but the lorry drivers are listening to the sat nav and don't know that North Bridge is not for them.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:48 pm 

SaintK wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:
globus wrote:

Do try and be polite. It will enhance your credibility no end.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:49 pm 

SaintK wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:
globus wrote:

Are you suggesting he might be embellishing the story a little. I'm shocked I tell you.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:11 pm 

A5D5E5 wrote:
SaintK wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:
globus wrote:

Are you suggesting he might be embellishing the story a little. I'm shocked I tell you.

Of course not. It wouldn't do my credibility any good if I were :roll:

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:13 pm 

Same old rubbish. I know a lot of legal chaps. Not a lot of time to be spent on this issue for him. I know his commercial rate per hour.

Blooming good for him to come out with guns blazing. I'll never identify him; breach of trust.

I taught him to sail. He's never got the knack of tillers and wheels though.

Awaiting the response. No hurry. Looks like we are going down the route of them paying his costs. They had better do a "man overboard" drill.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:42 pm 

globus wrote:
Same old rubbish. I know a lot of legal chaps. Not a lot of time to be spent on this issue for him. I know his commercial rate per hour.

Blooming good for him to come out with guns blazing. I'll never identify him; breach of trust.

Awaiting the response. No hurry. Looks like we are going down the route of them paying his costs. They had better do a "man overboard" drill.

Still doesn't explain why your insurance company needs you to instruct a barrister though.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:26 pm 

globus wrote:

So you are involved in a scam to make your barrister mate some money rather than letting your insurance company sort it for you? No wonder premiums are so high when peole feel it is ok to rip the companies offfmrather than just get the damage fixed.
You claiming for emotional stress and missing your planned driving trip to Europe because your car was damaged as well?

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:42 pm 

Why on earth would you need a barrister when the last time this was mentioned you said this:

globus wrote:

Two new doors and a boot repair. Ocado have admitted responsibiliy.

One of these is not true.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 12:56 am 

Did you think Kovana ate it?

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 3:26 pm 

A5D5E5 wrote:
globus wrote:

Still doesn't explain why your insurance company needs you to instruct a barrister though.

My insurance company is not involved, at all. Ocado have agreed to pay for the damage through themselves. I'm after them for recompense for the hassle. At the moment they are saying they will only pay for "loss of earnings".

When the rocket arrives through their mailbox I expect a lot of paper shuffling, deep breaths and a payout.

We care nothing about the money.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 3:29 pm 

happyhooker wrote:
Why on earth would you need a barrister when the last time this was mentioned you said this:

globus wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 3:33 pm 

globus wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:
globus wrote:

My insurance company is not involved, at all. Ocado have agreed to pay for the damage through themselves. I'm after them for recompense for the hassle. At the moment they are saying they will only pay for "loss of earnings".

When the rocket arrives through their mailbox I expect a lot of paper shuffling, deep breaths and a payout.

All joking aside, you should check your policy - the small print will usually say that you have a duty to report any accident, even if it isn't your fault, and even if you don't intend to make a claim. Failure to do so could theoretically invalidate your insurance (though it would be a bit extreme for them to do so in these circumstances, there is no need to take the risk).

As for them being intimidated by getting a letter from a barrister, you are kidding yourself. They will just lob it onto the pile of legal claims along with hundreds or thousands of others. You will probably be offered £50 to £250 to save them wasting any time.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 3:36 pm 

happyhooker wrote:

globus wrote:

Which one? Pick Arthey have taken off the doors, the panel beater has done a great job in the boot area. Just waiting for the respray now. Should be done by Tuesday.

It's a trivial matter really. Nobody was hurt. The driver of the delivery lorry will be run up the masthead.

With four CCTV pics of the incident, Ocado had no choice but to capitulate.

But the thing that hacked us off that we were contacted by Sopp and Sopp (interesting name) and they are in Peterborough, just up the road. They described themselves as "mediators". Twaddle. They acted as "loss adjusters" to Ocado.

I've also hit the legal firm that somehow got involved plus a nefarious company who said we'd have to use them for the repair.

All this and Ocado aren't going to cough up for inconvenience? I think not.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 3:42 pm 

globus wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:
globus wrote:

Of course you do.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 3:44 pm 

A5D5E5 wrote:
globus wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:
globus wrote:

All joking aside, you should check your policy - the small print will usually say that you have a duty to report any accident, even if it isn't your fault, and even if you don't intend to make a claim. Failure to do so could theoretically invalidate your insurance (though it would be a bit extreme for them to do so in these circumstances, there is no need to take the risk).

As for them being intimidated by getting a letter from a barrister, you are kidding yourself. They will just lob it onto the pile of legal claims along with hundreds or thousands of others. You will probably be offered £50 to £250 to save them wasting any time.

No. Read my post. I'm not going through my insurance company. No wish to affect my no claims bonus on four cars we own nor suffer an increased premium.

You post as though I know little about this sort of thing. I disabuse you of that thought. I'm no slouch. I did this sort of thing at a strategic level. We shall see what transpires. They are in no doubt that I know my onions. It will cost them a fortune to defend their position.

Cost to us? Time and a registered letter.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 3:46 pm 

SaintK wrote:
globus wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:
globus wrote:

Of course you do.

No. We don't. Why post unintelligent claptrap based on what you might assume.

We do not NEED the money.