Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:46 am 

Cheslin doing it again up north.
https://rugbydump.com/news/cheslin-kolb ... -in-knots/

Quote:
Cheslin Kolbe gets the commentators drooling as lethal stepping ties Bath in knots
Cheslin Kolbe gets the commentators drooling as lethal stepping ties Bath in knots
Winger Cheslin Kolbe continued his spectacular form off the back of the Rugby Championship with a stand out performance in Toulouse’s Champions Cup win over Bath 22-20.

Toulouse escaped with a 22-20 win after Freddie Burns made a colossal blunder by spilling the ball after being chased down from behind by Maxime Medard in the in-goal area. Burns had just broken through the defence for what should’ve been a try and probable victory. Instead, a pre-mature celebration became a costly brain fade that more than likely cost Bath the match.

Although the match will be remembered for the Burns mistake, Kolbe did his part for the win with several outstanding displays of his stepping ability, most notably before the try assist to Sofiane Guitone.

Kolbe was a pleasant surprise to many with his form during the Rugby Championship. He had a crucial intercept try against New Zealand in Wellington, helping secure a historic Springbok victory. He then followed that up with another try in Pretoria.

Speaking about his smaller stature and mental approach a few weeks ago, he said: “I get that a lot, as I always say, I’m not the biggest guy on the field, but playing against opposition who are bigger than me is something that just excites me.

“I enjoy showing others that you don’t have to only have size, you have to just have the right belief, mindset, and attitude to perform just as well as the bigger guy.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... -Bnle0c87Q

The only size that matters on a rugby field is the size of your heart.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:53 am 

Breaking news: short winger can sidestep :yawn:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:05 am 

Cousin of Wayde van Niekerk, right.

Do you think 7s is starting to have the effect on rugby that T20 is on cricket?

Not that you can get away from the physicality of he sport, but we are starting to see better out and out athletes?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:27 am 

LandOTurk wrote:

Not that you can get away from the physicality of he sport, but we are starting to see better out and out athletes?

SA struggled for years with 7s. We now have the 7s structures in place from schoolboy (we just had our craven week in schoolboy 7s, Cheetahs winning it) to top level and the results is there. Many of the modern Bokke played 7s for a year or two. many of the SA contracted 7 players are playing CC.

BUT most SA supporters are stuck with the Jake White thing about size. Most of them have a c ockish syndome.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:28 am 

assfly wrote:

We dont have many players who can STEP, specially those from the Sharks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:29 am 

OomPB wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:

SA struggled for years with 7s. We now have the 7s structures in place from schoolboy (we just had our craven week in schoolboy 7s, Cheetahs winning it) to top level and the results is there. Many of the modern Bokke played 7s for a year or two. many of the SA contracted 7 players are playing CC.

BUT most SA supporters are stuck with the Jake White thing about size. Most of them have a c ockish syndome.

A good big one is just better than a good small one. Same principal applies in rugby.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:45 am 

OomPB wrote:
assfly wrote:

Not sure why that's relevant.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:03 am 

handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:
LandOTurk wrote:

A good big one is just better than a good small one. Same principal applies in rugby.

I have never saw a big one that can STEP. They can only run straight or around. Jy verstaan van rats.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:06 am 

assfly wrote:
OomPB wrote:
assfly wrote:

Not sure why that's relevant.

Dom post. Its all relevant. You "gaap" about short wingers that can sidestep. I am telling you we dont have many such wingers. Maybe you ment gaaping because we dont have them?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:10 am 

OomPB wrote:
Dom post. Its all relevant. You "gaap" about short wingers that can sidestep. I am telling you we dont have many such wingers. Maybe you ment gaaping because we dont have them?

I was referring to your comment about the Sharks. Kolble plays overseas, he is a chickenrunner that you have on many occasions proclaimed your deep hatred for.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:12 am 

assfly wrote:
OomPB wrote:

I was referring to your comment about the Sharks. Kolble plays overseas, he is a chickenrunner that you have on many occasions proclaimed your deep hatred for.

Oh thats better. hate is a very strong word. I agree about the chicken running story but I have give up on it. They ANC did , so who de vok I am to differ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:19 am 

What was particularly funny was the way he used his height as an advantage, and on several occasions simply ducked under the tackles to evade the defence.

He had a cracking game.