Planet Rugby Forum
http://forum.planetrugby.com/

Official Braai Thread
http://forum.planetrugby.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=294
Page 168 of 177

Author:  OomPB [ Thu May 16, 2019 2:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

You lot have no shame, discussing Sards young wife like this.

Wil julle braai of Naai?

Author:  Sandstorm [ Thu May 16, 2019 2:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

Adonis Joe wrote:
Even though I'm still an absolute Adonis I can live with the imperfections, I actually prefer it.


New Username then :lol:

Author:  sorCrer [ Thu May 16, 2019 2:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

Average Joe wrote:
Sandstorm wrote:
Average Joe wrote:
I never said she was not "leker" I'm married to a 40 year old mommy of two though so I know at least a bit about the subject at hand. She's a looker alright but you can see time is taking it's toll. She's at an angle but I'm pretty certain there's the slight beginnings of a sagging arse as well.


You are very critical, Enrique Iglesias :uhoh:

Nah just stating the obvious. Mature ladies are the best. They know what they want


Eina?

Author:  Average Joe [ Thu May 16, 2019 2:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

OomPB wrote:
You lot have no shame, discussing Sards young wife like this.

Wil julle braai of Naai?

Meat is meat and a man must eat.

Author:  Average Joe [ Thu May 16, 2019 2:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

Sandstorm wrote:
Adonis Joe wrote:
Even though I'm still an absolute Adonis I can live with the imperfections, I actually prefer it.


New Username then :lol:

;) 8)

Author:  julian [ Thu May 16, 2019 2:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official so Thread

Sards wrote:
Sards wrote:
julian wrote:

You can do it with a bit more width and don't neet to put the wheel so high, there are some grills that have the wheel in front.

Regards the height of the bar. We have attachments that clip onto the bar that have hooks for hanging meat above the tray that lifts up and down. This type of roasting I haven't tried but I have the attachment and when I get it home I am going to try. There is another attachment which is very popular in South Africa. A grid...round bar ... that runs across the top bars. It clips on. They rest different sausage and meat products there to get smoked.
I dont have pics on hand .


This has been bothering me so I took some pics of the attachments that go on my braai...
Image
Hooks for hanging meat above the grid
Image
Tray for smoking...so you see why I made the wheel attachment so high
Image

So when you crank your grid up your meat hanging from the hooks doesnt touch your grid


Nice!. I am not sure how you would use those hooks but anyhow I see your are deep into the flames art, I recomend you to take a look or even more try to buy the book from Francis Mallmann FUEGOS in which he explains the thousand techniques of flame, grill, etc etc. cooking meats and vegs.

Because in my opinion you will be able to get more and more ideas for new cooking devices, he uses something similar to cooking with hooks.

Author:  julian [ Thu May 16, 2019 2:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

Sards wrote:
Big Nipper wrote:
Sards wrote:
Big Nipper wrote:
Who is that lekker chick in the photo???



Producing the video and photo content...I am not sure who she is or what her company is called...enquiries might get me into trouble with the missus

Image

Image

Quit viagra then, it is not good at your age.

Author:  OomPB [ Thu May 16, 2019 2:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

julian wrote:
Quit viagra then, it is not good at your age.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Author:  Sards [ Thu May 16, 2019 3:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

OomPB wrote:
julian wrote:
Quit viagra then, it is not good at your age.

:lol: :lol: :lol:


:lol:

Ouboet and I are almost the same age and he is already senile

Author:  Sards [ Thu May 16, 2019 5:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official so Thread

julian wrote:

Nice!. I am not sure how you would use those hooks but anyhow I see your are deep into the flames art, I recomend you to take a look or even more try to buy the book from Francis Mallmann FUEGOS in which he explains the thousand techniques of flame, grill, etc etc. cooking meats and vegs.

Because in my opinion you will be able to get more and more ideas for new cooking devices, he uses something similar to cooking with hooks.


You can thank Nickedemus of this parish for my fascination with braai and biltong. When I started with biltong tho I found that everyone was doing the same thing and it wasn't very efficient like in being able to work to a recipe. So I remodelled all my cabinets and introduced intermediate sizes that I thought would be more efficient. Added insulation to make it more energy efficient ...remember biltong takes time. I then found that it was more efficient in producing it time wise with the same taste. So I introduced digital accessories to help it become more visual without opening the cabinet. Especially as I made the glass viewing door larger than everyone elses. I then introduced safety features to prevent a law suite. So....it costs a lot more than competition and I dont sell as many as my opposition but when my clients sell them to fussy customers they know they are covered...

So its been an interesting journey...

Braai was the same. Started competing against the LKs and realized there was far too much competition. And the margins are small because you have to produce huge volumes to stock all the shops on consignment and still wait 60 days after statement for your money. And if the stock doesn't sell you must remove it...

Saw an opportunity to go top end and sell less at bigger margins at 30 days and COD....

It was a no brainer

Author:  sorCrer [ Thu May 16, 2019 6:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official so Thread

Sards wrote:
julian wrote:

Nice!. I am not sure how you would use those hooks but anyhow I see your are deep into the flames art, I recomend you to take a look or even more try to buy the book from Francis Mallmann FUEGOS in which he explains the thousand techniques of flame, grill, etc etc. cooking meats and vegs.

Because in my opinion you will be able to get more and more ideas for new cooking devices, he uses something similar to cooking with hooks.


You can thank Nickedemus of this parish for my fascination with braai and biltong. When I started with biltong tho I found that everyone was doing the same thing and it wasn't very efficient like in being able to work to a recipe. So I remodelled all my cabinets and introduced intermediate sizes that I thought would be more efficient. Added insulation to make it more energy efficient ...remember biltong takes time. I then found that it was more efficient in producing it time wise with the same taste. So I introduced digital accessories to help it become more visual without opening the cabinet. Especially as I made the glass viewing door larger than everyone elses. I then introduced safety features to prevent a law suite. So....it costs a lot more than competition and I dont sell as many as my opposition but when my clients sell them to fussy customers they know they are covered...

So its been an interesting journey...

Braai was the same. Started competing against the LKs and realized there was far too much competition. And the margins are small because you have to produce huge volumes to stock all the shops on consignment and still wait 60 days after statement for your money. And if the stock doesn't sell you must remove it...

Saw an opportunity to go top end and sell less at bigger margins at 30 days and COD....

It was a no brainer


What happened to that useless poens?

Author:  OomPB [ Thu May 16, 2019 7:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

Sards wrote:
OomPB wrote:
julian wrote:
Quit viagra then, it is not good at your age.

:lol: :lol: :lol:


:lol:

Ouboet and I are almost the same age and he is already senile

I dont use that kak. :lol:

You on the udder hand have a young Mrs :lol:

Sards I like you a lot!!!

Author:  Sards [ Fri May 17, 2019 12:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

OomPB wrote:
Sards wrote:
OomPB wrote:
julian wrote:
Quit viagra then, it is not good at your age.

:lol: :lol: :lol:


:lol:

Ouboet and I are almost the same age and he is already senile

I dont use that kak. :lol:

You on the udder hand have a young Mrs :lol:

Sards I like you a lot!!!


Thank you ouboet. we have traveled a long journey here from TSF days...you are old school. Nothing wrong with that...

Author:  OomPB [ Fri May 17, 2019 7:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

Sards wrote:
Thank you ouboet. we have traveled a long journey here from TSF days...you are old school. Nothing wrong with that...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=90090

another joiner.

Adonis wants to troll there. :shock:

Author:  sorCrer [ Fri May 17, 2019 7:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

OomPB wrote:
Sards wrote:
OomPB wrote:
julian wrote:
Quit viagra then, it is not good at your age.

:lol: :lol: :lol:


:lol:

Ouboet and I are almost the same age and he is already senile

I dont use that kak. :lol:

You on the udder hand have a young Mrs :lol:

Sards I like you a lot!!!


Rugby forum not a sweethearts message board.

Author:  Burke's Boot [ Sun May 19, 2019 12:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

Bought a Mincer/Sausage Maker last week and this is my first effort made from Blade steak from Aldi and includes Worcestershire sauce, Liquid Smoke (Hickory), Salt, lots of cracked pepper plus Chipotle in adobo sauce. Think i overcooked it a bit plus needed a bit more fat for flavour and stopping it drying out.

Image

Image

Author:  Chilli [ Sun May 19, 2019 1:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

Needs more fat, more flame and less time.

Bravo, good work though.

Author:  Burke's Boot [ Tue May 21, 2019 4:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

Chilli wrote:
Needs more fat, more flame and less time.

Bravo, good work though.


Thanks for that. Yeah poorly seared and have no excuse except that day i had overslept and felt like i was badly hungover.

Author:  handyman [ Thu May 23, 2019 2:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

Weekend coming up, what are you boys going to braai?

Thinking of lamb chops Friday night. Couple of friends coming over on Saturday, plankie steak to snack before chicken. Going to my parents on Sunday, will braai again, not sure what.

Author:  assfly [ Thu May 23, 2019 2:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

Tips for preparing and braaiing of beef ribs are duly invited.

Tried a couple of weeks ago and failed horribly. Not helped by poor quality beef that is naturally very tough.

Author:  Chilli [ Thu May 23, 2019 3:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

assfly wrote:
Tips for preparing and braaiing of beef ribs are duly invited.

Tried a couple of weeks ago and failed horribly. Not helped by poor quality beef that is naturally very tough.

Not ideal for a braai, because they are tough. Maybe braise then in coke fro a few hours in the oven at about 120, then colour them them quickly on a hot fire.

Author:  assfly [ Thu May 23, 2019 3:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

Cheers, I'll try that.

Author:  Big Nipper [ Thu May 23, 2019 3:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

assfly wrote:
Cheers, I'll try that.

If you have a weber you can do them at between 100 - 120c for about 5hrs - its great

Author:  saffer13 [ Thu May 23, 2019 3:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

assfly wrote:
Cheers, I'll try that.


If you're on FB, browse this page if you want some ideas and if you want to stay hungry.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/513452495449713/

Author:  sorCrer [ Thu May 23, 2019 3:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

Big Nipper wrote:
assfly wrote:
Cheers, I'll try that.

If you have a weber you can do them at between 100 - 120c for about 5hrs - its great



Pfffft. 15 minutes in Sards new Diablo X. Just turn up to Nuclear Level 3

Author:  Chilli [ Thu May 23, 2019 4:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

sorCrer wrote:
Big Nipper wrote:
assfly wrote:
Cheers, I'll try that.

If you have a weber you can do them at between 100 - 120c for about 5hrs - its great



Pfffft. 15 minutes in Sards new Diablo X. Just turn up to Nuclear Level 3

A wood fired microwave oven? :roll:

Author:  Sards [ Thu May 23, 2019 4:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

sorCrer wrote:
Big Nipper wrote:
assfly wrote:
Cheers, I'll try that.

If you have a weber you can do them at between 100 - 120c for about 5hrs - its great



Pfffft. 15 minutes in Sards new Diablo X. Just turn up to Nuclear Level 3


Dude
.
.
That's why I hate sharing things...like the most amazing veg I have been doing on the coals this entire week...yeah...on a special diet for high cholesterol. THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING BETTER THAN VEG ON THE COALS....

Had my MIL around for dinner 2 nights ago and I did pork chops...had to endure 10 minutes of her telling me this process to get the rinds nice and crispy by salting...putting in the fridge..pressing and then some other process of baking and then turning etc..and how she hoped the chops wouldn't be dry....

SIGH.....

Put them in the Diablo ... literally 10 minutes and had to smile when she bit into the crackling and got that first crunch and then it just melted in her mouth...The meat was juicy and tender...her plate was spotlessly clean after....

Served with char grilled Baby squash and pumpkin ( which I thought was outstanding)...of course I ate no crackling

Author:  Chilli [ Sun May 26, 2019 6:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

Just got home from work. Going to put a lamb rump on the Weber with sweet potato and a salad.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Author:  OomPB [ Mon May 27, 2019 12:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

Chilli wrote:
Just got home from work. Going to put a lamb rump on the Weber with sweet potato and a salad.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Lamb Rump? Vok me.

Author:  Sards [ Tue May 28, 2019 12:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

https://www.facebook.com/chefconsulting ... 140885454/


doesn't do it for me

Author:  Chilli [ Tue May 28, 2019 1:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

OomPB wrote:
Chilli wrote:
Just got home from work. Going to put a lamb rump on the Weber with sweet potato and a salad.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Lamb Rump? Vok me.

Also known as boneless chump Oom.

Author:  Chilli [ Tue May 28, 2019 1:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

Sards wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/chefconsultingservices/videos/2758222140885454/


doesn't do it for me

Veggies looked raw.

Author:  Sandstorm [ Tue May 28, 2019 1:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

Chilli wrote:
OomPB wrote:
Chilli wrote:
Just got home from work. Going to put a lamb rump on the Weber with sweet potato and a salad.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Lamb Rump? Vok me.

Also known as boneless chump Oom.


Pat Lambie burger

Author:  Sards [ Tue May 28, 2019 1:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

Chilli wrote:
Sards wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/chefconsultingservices/videos/2758222140885454/


doesn't do it for me

Veggies looked raw.


I also thought so...?
Mine always have a bit of burn on them somewhere ......

Author:  Chilli [ Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRU80h2FM-A

:thumbup:

Author:  Burke's Boot [ Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

My first slow cooked and smoked (Hickory) mini-Brisket, Central Texas style with just a simple salt and freshly cracked pepper rub.

Image

Image

Author:  Sandstorm [ Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

I’d eat that. :nod:

Author:  Sards [ Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

Burke's Boot wrote:
My first slow cooked and smoked (Hickory) mini-Brisket, Central Texas style with just a simple salt and freshly cracked pepper


Looks very yummy...

Author:  Chilli [ Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

Burke's Boot wrote:
My first slow cooked and smoked (Hickory) mini-Brisket, Central Texas style with just a simple salt and freshly cracked pepper rub.

Image

Image


Amazing!

Author:  handyman [ Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Braai Thread

Burke's Boot wrote:
My first slow cooked and smoked (Hickory) mini-Brisket, Central Texas style with just a simple salt and freshly cracked pepper rub.



Fok, looking good.

Page 168 of 177 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/