Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:00 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7031 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 172, 173, 174, 175, 176  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:29 pm 

I have been quietly developing a new charcoal oven product. Its narrower than the Diablo but higher...I call it the Megalith and I have made it look quite primal . I am going to give back my Diablo for sale and take a Megalith home. Being taller I can fit more racks in and it will be ideal for smoking as well as most of what I do in the Diablo. It will never out sell the Diablo because the great features of my Diablo have made my one opposition who imports a similar product to South Africa close their sales office here because they cant compete. A British company. So I don't expect much sales but it will work nicely at my home. I will post some pics when the door is coated and installed back on. Very excited

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:34 pm 

Sards wrote:
I have been quietly developing a new charcoal oven product. Its narrower than the Diablo but higher...I call it the Megalith and I have made it look quite primal . I am going to give back my Diablo for sale and take a Megalith home. Being taller I can fit more racks in and it will be ideal for smoking as well as most of what I do in the Diablo. It will never out sell the Diablo because the great features of my Diablo have made my one opposition who imports a similar product to South Africa close their sales office here because they cant compete. A British company. So I don't expect much sales but it will work nicely at my home. I will post some pics when the door is coated and installed back on. Very excited

how is it going with the books?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:45 pm 

Sards wrote:

megalith
noun
ARCHAEOLOGY
a large stone that forms a prehistoric monument (e.g. a standing stone) or part of one (e.g. a stone circle).
"a smaller circle of some forty ancient megaliths"

Nee fokkit broer maar jy het hulp nodig en ophou dagga rook. :((

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:21 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
Sards wrote:

megalith
noun
ARCHAEOLOGY
a large stone that forms a prehistoric monument (e.g. a standing stone) or part of one (e.g. a stone circle).
"a smaller circle of some forty ancient megaliths"

Nee fokkit broer maar jy het hulp nodig en ophou dagga rook. :((

A large upright mystical stone...Its a side mounted door. Not a drop down. I have made specially designed heavy duty hinges that look like claws coming around the side of the unit. ( I got inspiration from my knife making hobby ).My diffuser is going to top off the look of the stone removing any square edges ontop. I just have to work out how to make the stand look awesome. Not just a frame. I am having fun with it...you never know.....

Problem is that the crew are so busy building Diablos I can't get time for them to finish it off.

P.S. where do you think my inspiration comes from....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:12 pm 

Going nuts over the holiday weekend. Carne asada with roasted poblanos and chimichurri yesterday.

Picked up some ground Kobe beef and thick cut bacon from the butcher earlier, throwing burgers on now.

Tomorrow brats and lipitor dependency.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:13 am 

Pork rangers and steak for me yesterday. Potato salad and a 3 bean salad to keep me farting well into the night.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:55 am 

Sorry, no recent braai stories. Limited opportunities here in Shanghai.
I did, however, made a delicious traditional pickled fish last week and are having it on toast every second day for breakfast.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:17 am 

I made homemade Deer burger on Friday, but they were truly horrible. Does anyone have recommendations on what spices work with venison. I used my venison pie (that is truly amazing) spices, and did not palate well with patties. x(

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:30 am 

DraadkarD wrote:
I made homemade Deer burger on Friday, but they were truly horrible. Does anyone have recommendations on what spices work with venison. I used my venison pie (that is truly amazing) spices, and did not palate well with patties. x(

Saute onions and garlic till translucent and soft in loads of olive oil.
Add to venison mince with salt, pepper, cumin powder, coriander powder and chopped fresh mint. You need the olive oil as there is little or no fat on the venison.

Serve with a caramelized onion jam. Or a sweet chilli jam.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:47 am 

Chilli wrote:
DraadkarD wrote:

Add to venison mince with salt, pepper, cumin powder, coriander powder and chopped fresh mint. You need the olive oil as there is little or no fat on the venison.

Thanks Chilli. That sounds delicious :thumbup:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:51 am 

Did a full Sunday roast with Pork , chicken , roasties and butternut on the coals......

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:01 am 

3.5 hour low n slow smoked pork rashers. Cherry maple dry run. Spritzed hourly with a bourbon and mango orange mix. Finished off with a sweet baby ray bbq with added butter and bourbon glaze.

Omfg. Again. Omfg. Was like eating sweet sticky smoky porky marshmallows. Omfg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:05 am 

DraadkarD wrote:
Chilli wrote:
DraadkarD wrote:

Thanks Chilli. That sounds delicious :thumbup:

Don't overcook the burger. ;)

Or bacon, brie an a cranberry sauce / jam.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:43 am 

Clogs wrote:
3.5 hour low n slow smoked pork rashers. Cherry maple dry run. Spritzed hourly with a bourbon and mango orange mix. Finished off with a sweet baby ray bbq with added butter and bourbon glaze.

It's no wonder you're so fvcking fat. :x

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:59 am 

sorCrer wrote:
Clogs wrote:

It's no wonder you're so fvcking fat. :x

Leave me out of this. :(( :(( :((

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:22 pm 

Tomorrow is national braai day. Spare ribs, chicken, chops and boerewors coming up

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:18 am 

Losing to the All Blacks mean no braaidag in SA?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:32 am 

OomPB wrote:
Tomorrow is national braai day. Spare ribs, chicken, chops and boerewors coming up

At my house it was smoked snoek, soet patat and home made bread for lunch and pork loin chops for dinner.

If I may, I just want to ask Draad to please refrain from posting any pictures, I hate seeing good braai meat burned to charcoal. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:41 am 

handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:

At my house it was smoked snoek, soet patat and home made bread for lunch and pork loin chops for dinner.

If I may, I just want to ask Draad to please refrain from posting any pictures, I hate seeing good braai meat burned to charcoal. Thanks in advance.

I visited Sea Shack on monday, got stucked there with Elstadt & kie. Wat n oulike seun. Even bought me two bottles of lanie wine. Saturday Andries Vermeulen was there, but the weather was kak.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:45 am 

OomPB wrote:
handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:

I visited Sea Shack on monday, got stucked there with Elstadt & kie. Wat n oulike seun. Even bought me two bottles of lanie wine. Saturday Andries Vermeulen was there, but the weather was kak.

Elstadt is ok for someone from Montagu :lol:

Andries is a good laugh :thumbup: Sometimes his way of telling a story/joke is better than the punch line.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:59 am 

handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:

:lol:

:blush:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:01 pm 

handyman wrote:

He is a very solid guy. He is vokken big aswell. Ek sal nie met hom kak soek nie, verseker. Dis yster daai. I played rugby with one of his friends that was with him and we all get pissed. Was broos gister op braaidag.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:34 pm 

Was thinking on monday, what will happen if Sards went to Elstadt and tell him he is a kak rugby player or throwing his car with a sinker.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:09 pm 

DraadkarD wrote:
handyman wrote:
OomPB wrote:

:blush:

;)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:10 pm 

OomPB wrote:
handyman wrote:

He is a very solid guy. He is vokken big aswell. Ek sal nie met hom kak soek nie, verseker. Dis yster daai. I played rugby with one of his friends that was with him and we all get pissed. Was broos gister op braaidag.

Always nice when these players are just like one of us :thumbup:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:11 pm 

OomPB wrote:
Was thinking on monday, what will happen if Sards went to Elstadt and tell him he is a kak rugby player or throwing his car with a sinker.

Die Boland manne vat nie kak van kabouters nie. Ek dink vir sards sal 'n klap met die linkerhand genoeg wees.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:44 am 

Just saw on Megamaster's website that on a lot of their products they are giving a 57% discount, because the Boks got 57 points vs Namibia.

Awesome deals!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:17 am 

Considering building in a new braai on the patio. Current one is tiny and about 30 years old.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:20 am 

sorCrer wrote:
Considering building in a new braai on the patio. Current one is tiny and about 30 years old.

Commission yankee to do it for you. He has SOME experience.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:27 am 

sorCrer wrote:

Is what you chain your 19 year old girlfriend to every Saturday morning?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:31 am 

Chilli wrote:
sorCrer wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oddly enough she does all the braaing :blush:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:27 pm 

handyman wrote:
Just saw on Megamaster's website that on a lot of their products they are giving a 57% discount, because the Boks got 57 points vs Namibia.

Awesome deals!

If you live at the coast I would not recommend Megamaster - unfortunately not the best quality stainless steel. Always go with Weber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:49 pm 

Chilli wrote:
sorCrer wrote:

Want me to build it for you, sorC? She'll never get away!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:51 pm 

sorCrer wrote:
Chilli wrote:
sorCrer wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oddly enough she does all the braaing :blush:

I thought that she only did the Saturday morning braai?

What is her opinion on resting meat?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:06 am 

Almost weekend, what's on the braai?

Half marathon on Saturday, but on Sunday will enjoy a day of braaiing and snacking.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:14 am 

handyman wrote:

Half marathon on Saturday, but on Sunday will enjoy a day of braaiing and snacking.

Steak and chicken sosaties. Maybe oepsies.

Probably smoke some chicken breasts on the Weber for my weeks sarmies.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:16 am 

I'm rather partial to pork neck steaks marinated in honey, soy, garlic, ginger and chilli. I've tried it on the medium heat first then finished it off on the hot heat as Nipper described. Bloody nice.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:16 am 

DraadkarD wrote:
handyman wrote:

Do you buy smoked breasts or do you smoke it yourself?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:52 am 

handyman wrote:
DraadkarD wrote:
handyman wrote:

Nope, smoke it myself. Makes lekker work sarmies.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:54 am 

DraadkarD wrote:
handyman wrote:
DraadkarD wrote:
handyman wrote:

Nope, smoke it myself. Makes lekker work sarmies.

:thumbup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7031 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 172, 173, 174, 175, 176  Next