Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:44 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6392
Location: Plum
Image

Filipo Daugunu for the Reds in a nothing trial match.

I'm guessing a decent portion of the season. 8 to 12 weeks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 8406
His arm hitting the ground first will take some weeks off


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18585
Yeah, decent ban - ball not even on the screen so he could have pulled out of it a bit !
Was the chap ok afterward ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6392
Location: Plum
backrow wrote:
Yeah, decent ban - ball not even on the screen so he could have pulled out of it a bit !
Was the chap ok afterward ?


Haven't heard otherwise, so I guess so.

The tackler had just scored five tries, so I'm guessing he'll go for overexcitement as a mitigating circumstance.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18585
Bindi wrote:
backrow wrote:
Yeah, decent ban - ball not even on the screen so he could have pulled out of it a bit !
Was the chap ok afterward ?


Haven't heard otherwise, so I guess so.

The tackler had just scored five tries, so I'm guessing he'll go for overexcitement as a mitigating circumstance.


Sounds like a Douche tbf, doing that against a much weaker side / opponent


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6392
Location: Plum
backrow wrote:
Bindi wrote:
backrow wrote:
Yeah, decent ban - ball not even on the screen so he could have pulled out of it a bit !
Was the chap ok afterward ?


Haven't heard otherwise, so I guess so.

The tackler had just scored five tries, so I'm guessing he'll go for overexcitement as a mitigating circumstance.


Sounds like a Douche tbf, doing that against a much weaker side / opponent


I agree - needs a few weeks added for stupidity.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11534
Location: Coalfalls
Bindi wrote:
backrow wrote:
Bindi wrote:
backrow wrote:
Yeah, decent ban - ball not even on the screen so he could have pulled out of it a bit !
Was the chap ok afterward ?


Haven't heard otherwise, so I guess so.

The tackler had just scored five tries, so I'm guessing he'll go for overexcitement as a mitigating circumstance.


Sounds like a Douche tbf, doing that against a much weaker side / opponent


I agree - needs a few weeks added for stupidity.

This is what happens when a fella with strong legs thigh-tackles someone taller then stands up instead of staying low and going to ground. He needs to be trained out of bad habits and into better ones a.s.a.p.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15878
Bindi wrote:
Image

Filipo Daugunu for the Reds in a nothing trial match.

I'm guessing a decent portion of the season. 8 to 12 weeks.


If he didn't apologise afterwards, he should be toast.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 26667
Location: Chickenrunning...
If he's likely to score 5 tries a game when the season starts, I think his ban should be at least 2 years. 3 just to be safe.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11212
Location: Leafy Surrey, UK
start at 12 weeks and then work up/down depending on previous.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3020
Insane_Homer wrote:
start at 12 weeks and then work up/down depending on previous.


Damn you with your damned sensible reply... this is PR!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12439
8-12 I am assuming


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 22808
Location: Big Willi Style
For context, where’s the ball or is it just an assault off the ball?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 24059
Seems as if the tacklee pulled off a massive dummy run and this may have pissed the tackler off. Or maybe it is payback for something earlier in the game.

We'll never know ...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 pm
Posts: 14244
That’s horrible to watch


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15614
Location: STRAYA!
Bloody hell that's annoying. Dude scores 5 tries and then does this.

It'll certainly put a dampener on our championship celebrations.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11945
4-6 week tops.

He needs to improve his tackle technique and tackle much higher :nod: to avoid this type of dangerous collision.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:58 am
Posts: 2830
Location: P-town
4 weeks. 6 if he has priors


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11945
Is that actually technically a red card?

Lands on arm, looking like it’s going to be shoulder/neck but then just upper back hits the deck.

Strong argument for it only being a yellow surely.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Posts: 16649
Location: Perth
Yourmother wrote:
Is that actually technically a red card?

Lands on arm, looking like it’s going to be shoulder/neck but then just upper back hits the deck.

Strong argument for it only being a yellow surely.


Nah. Tipped him and then drove him down. Totally avoidable. 6+ weeks and I’m a biased Reds fan.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Posts: 16649
Location: Perth
Thomas wrote:
Bloody hell that's annoying. Dude scores 5 tries and then does this.

It'll certainly put a dampener on our championship celebrations.


Not sure he would have made the A side anyway. Reds’ squad is a treasure trove. Reckon he needed 7 or 8 tries to truly cement a starting spot.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:58 pm
Posts: 185
Yourmother wrote:
Is that actually technically a red card?

Lands on arm, looking like it’s going to be shoulder/neck but then just upper back hits the deck.

Strong argument for it only being a yellow surely.

Why should someone get less of a ban because the victim reacts to save himself from injury.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6392
Location: Plum
Got 10 weeks, down to 5 for good behaviour. Will miss first 4 rounds of Super. Dumb fudge.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: assfly, Bing [Bot], Blackrock Bullet, Bogbunny, camroc1, clydecloggie, comets, Conspicuous, crouchy, Da iawn diolch, danny_fitz, de_Selby, duke, eldanielfire, EverReady, Google Adsense [Bot], handyman, Jensrsa, Liathroidigloine, Man In Black, MunsterMan!!!!!, Nolanator, penguin, Podge, polyallstar, Raggs, RodneyRegis, Saint, Saturnine, sewa, Sinkers, sunnybanana, The Sun God, toweliechaos and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group