Chat Forum
It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:13 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1682, 1683, 1684, 1685, 1686, 1687, 1688 ... 1964  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1800
The video on the Bristol website is properly cringeworthy :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:30 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17582
Location: Centre of the Universe
Quote:
Squidge Rugby
@SquidgeRugby
Dear Bristol Rugby,
Please don't rename yourself the Bristol Bears. You're not a regionally-based children's book or an LGBTQ Facebook group.
Regards,
Common sense



I guess this should have been a sign of things to come ...

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:31 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:49 am
Posts: 16700
OhNo wrote:
The video on the Bristol website is properly cringeworthy :lol:


A load of burly men in a darkened room wearing tight black clothing? You do realise that http://www.bristolbears.co.uk/ and the background, isn't actually the rugby club. No, the rugby club is a different site, with a news item with a video on the new branding, which is a video of burly men in a darkened room wearing tight bla...

https://www.bristolrugby.co.uk/news/clu ... tol-bears/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:38 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17582
Location: Centre of the Universe
Raggs wrote:
OhNo wrote:
The video on the Bristol website is properly cringeworthy :lol:


A load of burly men in a darkened room wearing tight black clothing? You do realise that http://www.bristolbears.co.uk/ and the background, isn't actually the rugby club. No, the rugby club is a different site, with a news item with a video on the new branding, which is a video of burly men in a darkened room wearing tight bla...

https://www.bristolrugby.co.uk/news/clu ... tol-bears/



Ugh, they've changed the badge as well! I love the traditional one.

Even this had some history / heraldry retained ...

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1800
Raggs wrote:
OhNo wrote:
The video on the Bristol website is properly cringeworthy :lol:


A load of burly men in a darkened room wearing tight black clothing? You do realise that http://www.bristolbears.co.uk/ and the background, isn't actually the rugby club. No, the rugby club is a different site, with a news item with a video on the new branding, which is a video of burly men in a darkened room wearing tight bla...

https://www.bristolrugby.co.uk/news/clu ... tol-bears/


Yes, I know that is why I said on the Bristol website and it is properly cringeworthy.

I would have thought with all the money spent on rebranding, checking that the website was free and that your brand wouldn’t clash would be one of the basics.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20072
Bristol Slavers would have been good.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:45 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 825
eldanielfire wrote:
ovalball wrote:
Colour me Unconvinced. Especially while he is still picking Hartley and Cole in the squad - and while he is also ignoring more dynamic back row options. I'd be more convinced if the touring party is a bit less conservative than he's proven to be so far.


There is something ironic that the RFU managed to pick the one Australian coach who is committed to crash ball early 90's England style and has ignored how professionalism has reduced the effectiveness of that massively.

Not sure Japan were playing crash-ball. They were playing a high-tempo offloading game at the last World Cup. Admittedly since taking over England he hasn't seemed to want to use that style.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1245
And it comes with the obligatory wanky hashtag that no one will actually use

#togetherwerise

The other Bristol Bears club probably have a similar one too


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:48 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 825
eldanielfire wrote:
fatcat wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
RodneyRegis wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
As long as lcd throws the ball in reasonably he’s head and shoulders above the competition.


Yep. Big if though. He always looks great until the pressure is on. It's a problem.


Remember Hartley was a very inconsistent thrower in his early years. Now that is a hugely dependable aspect of his game.


You sure about that?

LCD is nearly 25 anyway - that's a bit old to throw like a twat.


Yeah. He was rated for his scrummaging rather than his line-outs in the Johnson years.

EDIT: Even in 2012 people were complaining Hartley's lineouts were an issue:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1777&p=53942&hilit=hartley+lineouts#p53942


When Hartley first came on the scene, he was thought to be a poor scrummager (he was nicknamed the pop-up-pirate).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 12:53 pm
Posts: 19
matta25 wrote:
And it comes with the obligatory wanky hashtag that no one will actually use

#togetherwerise

The other Bristol Bears club probably have a similar one too


It's a bit rapey the hashtag tbf!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21227
Location: Gypsy Jack Nowell
Clive_Bixby wrote:
matta25 wrote:
And it comes with the obligatory wanky hashtag that no one will actually use

#togetherwerise

The other Bristol Bears club probably have a similar one too


It's a bit rapey the hashtag tbf!


Thought it was a cryptic clue olding and Jackson were signing?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:12 pm
Posts: 1498
FFS people are actually getting paid to come up with that cringe worthy marketing bullshit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11771
Quins confirm Sam Aspland-Robinson, Jake Hennessey, Charlie Matthews, John Okafor and Sam Twomey leaving at the end of the season?

What's the craic with Aspland-Robinson, thought he may break through this season. Looked classy at U20s. Injured or out on loan this season?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33521
Hartley wasn't a hooker when he came over. I think the pop up thing was opposition fans who didn't understand what Saints were doing at scrum time, though - by the time he got that nickname they were murdering teams by isolating the tighthead and driving under and up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 12298
Sam Aspland-Robinson was out with an ACL injury this season.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11771
Fair enough. That explains that one. Interesting to see where he ends up assuming the injury doesn't have a long term impact


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:13 pm
Posts: 2273
I’m not sure if Aspland-Robinson was let go or wanted to leave? He looked very good at U20 level and I’m almost certain he would have seen some game time this season but for the injury. I think we’ll end up regretting losing him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21227
Location: Gypsy Jack Nowell
Just seen a clip of the Horne injury, he was talking straight away it seems- more than concussion it looked like he’d given himself an epic stinger and probably couldn’t move.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 33521
DragsterDriver wrote:
Just seen a clip of the Horne injury, he was talking straight away it seems- more than concussion it looked like he’d given himself an epic stinger and probably couldn’t move.


Not sure. I can lip read and could distinctly tell that he was saying "Flgglrylgh mmppphlbo wbrrrgl blooorgh"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21227
Location: Gypsy Jack Nowell
JM2K6 wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Just seen a clip of the Horne injury, he was talking straight away it seems- more than concussion it looked like he’d given himself an epic stinger and probably couldn’t move.


Not sure. I can lip read and could distinctly tell that he was saying "Flgglrylgh mmppphlbo wbrrrgl blooorgh"


Yup, Australian.

Probably a brachial plexus injury- that’s how it looked in the impact. Nasty.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:36 am 
Online

Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:49 am
Posts: 16700
Getting through the tigers saints game. Genge does some fantastic stuff, but also some stupid stuff, I'd hope Eddie wouldn't let him get away with the stupid stuff. Not watching the defence, but think Ford is doing fairly well in attack, but Leicester really don't run many interesting attacking lines, or offer him many options during normal phase play.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21227
Location: Gypsy Jack Nowell
Raggs wrote:
Getting through the tigers saints game. Genge does some fantastic stuff, but also some stupid stuff, I'd hope Eddie wouldn't let him get away with the stupid stuff. Not watching the defence, but think Ford is doing fairly well in attack, but Leicester really don't run many interesting attacking lines, or offer him many options during normal phase play.


You’d have to think genge is everything Eddie wants in a loosehead. Good scrum and improving rapidly, carries really well and adding better skills weekly. Plenty of dog.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 4:23 pm
Posts: 1661
Cornwall Council's full council meeting today voted in favour of investing £3m into the Stadium for Cornwall project.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20118
Last Line wrote:
Cornwall Council's full council meeting today voted in favour of investing £3m into the Stadium for Cornwall project.



Good news for the Pirates.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:18 am
Posts: 5405
Seems like that project has been the works for so long now...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14865
Location: Investigating racism in the NHS
Seems like a strange time for the administrative powers to be steaming on with ringfencing now that Ealing have got the big money backer and Pirates are pushing closer to getting Prem level facilities

Eventually there's going to be some creative solution around scheduling because there's going to be more than 12 top-level teams but you can't work more than 12 teams into a round-robin format

Conferencing seems the least worst option


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:07 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13174
Location: South Oxfordshire
maverickmak wrote:
Seems like that project has been the works for so long now...


That's been in the works since before the last time Saints were demoted. I still won't believe that it's happening till they actually break ground


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:36 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 13174
Location: South Oxfordshire
Bristol have run into a minor issue with their name change.

It turns out that the Bristol Bear Bar is the home of Bristol's gay scene - and a Google search for Bristol Bears returns many pictures of the regulars of said establishment


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20148
As of this post, this thread and the Brexit thread have the exact same number of posts in them. Lock them down.

PS, hello.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11771
danthefan wrote:
As of this post, this thread and the Brexit thread have the exact same number of posts in them. Lock them down.

PS, hello.


Now that's a genuinely interesting intervention on a national thread. Well apart from the last part


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20118
openclashXX wrote:
Seems like a strange time for the administrative powers to be steaming on with ringfencing now that Ealing have got the big money backer and Pirates are pushing closer to getting Prem level facilities

Eventually there's going to be some creative solution around scheduling because there's going to be more than 12 top-level teams but you can't work more than 12 teams into a round-robin format

Conferencing seems the least worst option


Ring fencing now is probably the est time, where the clubs are as evening spread out around the country as expected. Ealing are years off a premiership squad, get less than a 1000 to turn-up to games (Coventry the league below get 2000 more FFS), don't even have a stadium that would be acceptable and another team in west London will add absolutely nothing to the league.

Basically it's a great time to ringfence and there isn't any team outside the top league next season that has anything to add.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21227
Location: Gypsy Jack Nowell
Margin_Walker wrote:
danthefan wrote:
As of this post, this thread and the Brexit thread have the exact same number of posts in them. Lock them down.

PS, hello.


Now that's a genuinely interesting intervention on a national thread. Well apart from the last part


Swarm have bolstered Brexit nicely, they’re prolific.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 20118
danthefan wrote:
As of this post, this thread and the Brexit thread have the exact same number of posts in them. Lock them down.

PS, hello.



Don't worry, the Swarm will soon shoot it way ahead.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:21 pm
Posts: 301
Rumours that Gloucester are following suit by adoption the Lion moniker


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:58 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 17582
Location: Centre of the Universe
From the Beeb ...

Quote:
"The focus is now on Newcastle," Veainu added. "Everyone is really excited. I think there will be a few niggles and a few punch-ups in training this week, which is probably what we need to sort our stuff out.

"I will just try to stay away from the forwards."


Having a laugh or do they still have a punch ups?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19320
openclashXX wrote:
Seems like a strange time for the administrative powers to be steaming on with ringfencing now that Ealing have got the big money backer and Pirates are pushing closer to getting Prem level facilities

Eventually there's going to be some creative solution around scheduling because there's going to be more than 12 top-level teams but you can't work more than 12 teams into a round-robin format

Conferencing seems the least worst option


From another thread, and a minimum time line is 4 years and it won't happen
happyhooker wrote:
There's no way Ealing would fulfill the ground criteria for promotion.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3754
Nieghorn wrote:
From the Beeb ...

Quote:
"The focus is now on Newcastle," Veainu added. "Everyone is really excited. I think there will be a few niggles and a few punch-ups in training this week, which is probably what we need to sort our stuff out.

"I will just try to stay away from the forwards."


Having a laugh or do they still have a punch ups?

Isn't that why BArrow has left?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21227
Location: Gypsy Jack Nowell
Petros wrote:
Nieghorn wrote:
From the Beeb ...

Quote:
"The focus is now on Newcastle," Veainu added. "Everyone is really excited. I think there will be a few niggles and a few punch-ups in training this week, which is probably what we need to sort our stuff out.

"I will just try to stay away from the forwards."


Having a laugh or do they still have a punch ups?

Isn't that why BArrow has left?


He hit one of the Youngs mafia.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 3754
The Mail says Joseph is confirmed as out of the SA tour and Hartley's continuing headaches seem certain to rule him out


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21227
Location: Gypsy Jack Nowell
Petros wrote:
The Mail says Joseph is confirmed as out of the SA tour and Hartley's continuing headaches seem certain to rule him out


No surprise, he properly did his ankle x( very lucky not to go 'full cipriani' on it. Not good on hartley, could well force eddies hand to move on.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1682, 1683, 1684, 1685, 1686, 1687, 1688 ... 1964  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Armchair_Superstar, backrow, BBB, bessantj, Blackrock Bullet, camroc1, Dark, Harveys, Homer, Joost, Leffe, Leinsterbloke, Lobby, massive_field_goal, mr bungle, MunsterMan!!!!!, Nieghorn, OB.., obelixtim, Plato'sCave, Raggs, Rowdy, RuggaBugga, Saint, Sards, sockwithaticket, swc, TheBouncer, The Native, UncleFB, Varsity Way and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group