Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71825 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1783, 1784, 1785, 1786, 1787, 1788, 1789 ... 1796  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:12 pm 
Online

Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:35 am
Posts: 732
Location: England
Holy shit, this is going to be a massive score for Worcs if it carries on like this. Another intercept and we're not far off a point a minute.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:44 pm 
Online

Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:35 am
Posts: 732
Location: England
A bone-headed, clear cut red for a Worcs prop and Healy babbling about it being harsh for a variety of non-sensical reasons while Kay and Ekin try and shut him up.

I there are any positives for Bris, it's that they haven't conceded for 25 minutes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:47 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:56 pm
Posts: 668
I thought yellow at most, but law is the law. Other than that, cracking game by Worcester. Defence smothered Bristol and stopped them from scoring.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:50 pm 
Online

Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:35 am
Posts: 732
Location: England
I think shoulder to head = red is pretty much how it's been and will be for a while. Bris still not looking like scoring even with the extra man.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:57 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:56 pm
Posts: 668
Well, didn’t think that would be the score at kick off. Worcester pretty dominant throughout.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4447
Location: 'ertfordshire
David990 wrote:
Well, didn’t think that would be the score at kick off. Worcester pretty dominant throughout.

Blimey!! I had Bristol to win by 5 in a low scoring game
Well played Worcester


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2609
Pleased for Wuss. That relegation scrap is going to be fierce this season - unless Sale carry on as they've started


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2472
Absolute chaos at the bottom. Marvelous


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5885
Come on you Warriors!!! So pleased with that performance. 8)

Don’t think we’ll go down this season. :thumbup: Quins, Bristol or Newcastle I reckon.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5885
Ryan Mills looks like the 12 England need. Great awareness, good hands, pace, brave, jackals well....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4499
terryfinch wrote:
Ryan Mills looks like the 12 England need. Great awareness, good hands, pace, brave, jackals well....


Since precisely when has an England 12 needed awareness, hands and pace?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:50 pm 
Online

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:13 pm
Posts: 2072
terryfinch wrote:
Come on you Warriors!!! So pleased with that performance. 8)

Don’t think we’ll go down this season. :thumbup: Quins, Bristol or Newcastle I reckon.


I’m not sure why you’d include Quins yet ignore Sale?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5885
Scrumhead wrote:
terryfinch wrote:
Come on you Warriors!!! So pleased with that performance. 8)

Don’t think we’ll go down this season. :thumbup: Quins, Bristol or Newcastle I reckon.


I’m not sure why you’d include Quins yet ignore Sale?


Sale will be fine when their Bok Scrummie gets back. He is superb.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 14037
Don't see it with quins. Think we'll pick up enough points, we haven't lost any game by more than 7. There's a completely different feeling around the squad, gustard is doing good stuff. If jk had stayed I think we'd be shoo-ins.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21879
Nieghorn wrote:
Jake wrote:
Reports are flodding in hither and thither about Dean Ryan's antics are RFU and how disruptive he's being.

Not winning a lit of friends, would be apt.


Has he just been given carte blanche to chop and change? It'd be mad for an organization that big to not make decisions by committee and with sound reasoning, research, etc. behind them.


That was my take. I was stunned when he fired England's hugely successful and popular Youth coaches in june after 7 members of the youth development had already left. We never really got an explanation besides those coaches challenged his view.

I don't get Ryan's reputation. Journalists often report his has an "amazing Rugby brain". And yet the sum total of his success is f*ck all for the most part. Plus what leaks out about him is a guy addicted to power and believes he knows better than everybody else.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21879
David990 wrote:
Does anyone else want both Worcester and Bristol to stay up? Would like Newcastle to stay up too. Who do you all think is likely to get relegated?


I do. IMO the premiership is right as it is.

I'm worried about Bristol, they almost have to fight hard for an point and unless they put an incredible and unsustainable effort they can't win. They have that problem where tries are to hard to come by right now. I hope that changes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21879
Jake wrote:
terryfinch wrote:
Ryan Mills looks like the 12 England need. Great awareness, good hands, pace, brave, jackals well....


Since precisely when has an England 12 needed awareness, hands and pace?


Since forever, even though the coaches never seem to care for it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 1168
Location: Somewhere in poachland
I thought Quins would be the surprise-ish package for relegation but no clear team now. Newcastle had a tricky run and will need to make an early decision on how strong to push in Europe. Result today does make me think that Bristol may get overpowered in the winter months.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:41 pm 
Online

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:13 pm
Posts: 2072
eldanielfire wrote:
David990 wrote:
Does anyone else want both Worcester and Bristol to stay up? Would like Newcastle to stay up too. Who do you all think is likely to get relegated?


I do. IMO the premiership is right as it is.

I'm worried about Bristol, they almost have to fight hard for an point and unless they put an incredible and unsustainable effort they can't win. They have that problem where tries are to hard to come by right now. I hope that changes.


I wouldn’t want to see anyone relegated this season. This Bristol side under Pat Lam have definitely added something.

That said, I wouldn’t want to see London Irish kept out either.

I think Bristol will be OK. It feels today was a bad day for them coinciding with a good day for Worcester.

They’re much stronger at Ashton gate where they’ve already claimed the scalps of Bath and Quins, but they can’t afford too many more results like today’s on the road.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:57 pm
Posts: 9476
eldanielfire wrote:
Jake wrote:
terryfinch wrote:
Ryan Mills looks like the 12 England need. Great awareness, good hands, pace, brave, jackals well....


Since precisely when has an England 12 needed awareness, hands and pace?


Since forever, even though the coaches never seem to care for it.


Who would you say has been our best inside centre of the last 20-30 years? Guscott perhaps? Maybe a younger Mike Tindall? Tuilagi?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2915
Wendigo7 wrote:
Jake wrote:
Reports are flodding in hither and thither about Dean Ryan's antics are RFU and how disruptive he's being.

Not winning a lit of friends, would be apt.

What do you mean by antics? What's been going on?


Sacking Fletcher and Walton was a disgrace from my uneducated viewpoint...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21879
Wendigo7 wrote:
Jake wrote:
Reports are flodding in hither and thither about Dean Ryan's antics are RFU and how disruptive he's being.

Not winning a lit of friends, would be apt.

What do you mean by antics? What's been going on?


https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union ... authority/

Firing people who publicly question him. Lost of staff basically walking before they are pushed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5452
eldanielfire wrote:
David990 wrote:
Does anyone else want both Worcester and Bristol to stay up? Would like Newcastle to stay up too. Who do you all think is likely to get relegated?


I do. IMO the premiership is right as it is.

I'm worried about Bristol, they almost have to fight hard for an point and unless they put an incredible and unsustainable effort they can't win. They have that problem where tries are to hard to come by right now. I hope that changes.


They put 5 tries past Saints last week and are trying to play an open game - went very wrong today, but they’ve looked good in most of the other games (even looked to have Sarries in trouble for a period) and are going to be tough to beat at Ashton Gate if they keep their first team fit.

Reckon Bristol will have enough to stay up


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:55 pm
Posts: 3531
Location: God's own country
A5D5E5 wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Jake wrote:
terryfinch wrote:
Ryan Mills looks like the 12 England need. Great awareness, good hands, pace, brave, jackals well....


Since precisely when has an England 12 needed awareness, hands and pace?


Since forever, even though the coaches never seem to care for it.


Who would you say has been our best inside centre of the last 20-30 years? Guscott perhaps? Maybe a younger Mike Tindall? Tuilagi?

You naughty boy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21879
A5D5E5 wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Jake wrote:
terryfinch wrote:
Ryan Mills looks like the 12 England need. Great awareness, good hands, pace, brave, jackals well....


Since precisely when has an England 12 needed awareness, hands and pace?


Since forever, even though the coaches never seem to care for it.


Who would you say has been our best inside centre of the last 20-30 years? Guscott perhaps? Maybe a younger Mike Tindall? Tuilagi?


Jamie Noon.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21879
Joost wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
David990 wrote:
Does anyone else want both Worcester and Bristol to stay up? Would like Newcastle to stay up too. Who do you all think is likely to get relegated?


I do. IMO the premiership is right as it is.

I'm worried about Bristol, they almost have to fight hard for an point and unless they put an incredible and unsustainable effort they can't win. They have that problem where tries are to hard to come by right now. I hope that changes.


They put 5 tries past Saints last week and are trying to play an open game - went very wrong today, but they’ve looked good in most of the other games (even looked to have Sarries in trouble for a period) and are going to be tough to beat at Ashton Gate if they keep their first team fit.

Reckon Bristol will have enough to stay up


I hope so. I take the Saints game as an oulier as both teams "went sod the defense" and went all out for scoring.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:01 am
Posts: 5585
eldanielfire wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Jake wrote:
terryfinch wrote:
Ryan Mills looks like the 12 England need. Great awareness, good hands, pace, brave, jackals well....


Since precisely when has an England 12 needed awareness, hands and pace?


Since forever, even though the coaches never seem to care for it.


Who would you say has been our best inside centre of the last 20-30 years? Guscott perhaps? Maybe a younger Mike Tindall? Tuilagi?


Jamie Noon.


The bored is continuing to confuse inside and outside centre.I assume as an aside Jake was quite reasonably having some fun at the expense of Farrell's skillset, but whilst Greenwood had awareness and sublime handling he sure as hell didn't have any pace


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:02 pm 
Online

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:13 pm
Posts: 2072
I’m shocked no-one has referenced the legendary skills of Shontayne Hape.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:01 am
Posts: 5585
Scrumhead wrote:
I’m shocked no-one has referenced the legendary skills of Shontayne Hape.


Conceivably the best league player at playing in the centres for England, Robinson more a back three, Burgess, Mather and the Sarries lad whose name I stupidly can't recall were awful, Eastmond never really got a chance nor Connolly who could've been genuinely interesting


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16693
Location: West of Londinium
piquant wrote:
The bored is continuing to confuse inside and outside centre.

:|


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2472
piquant wrote:
Scrumhead wrote:
I’m shocked no-one has referenced the legendary skills of Shontayne Hape.


Conceivably the best league player at playing in the centres for England, Robinson more a back three, Burgess, Mather and the Sarries lad whose name I stupidly can't recall were awful, Eastmond never really got a chance nor Connolly who could've been genuinely interesting

Joel Tomkins. A player, I'm told, who was astonishingly thick


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:27 pm 
Online

Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:35 am
Posts: 732
Location: England
Gospel wrote:
piquant wrote:
The bored is continuing to confuse inside and outside centre.

:|


The sarchasm claims another victim.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2915
Plastic Sarrie wrote:
piquant wrote:
Scrumhead wrote:
I’m shocked no-one has referenced the legendary skills of Shontayne Hape.


Conceivably the best league player at playing in the centres for England, Robinson more a back three, Burgess, Mather and the Sarries lad whose name I stupidly can't recall were awful, Eastmond never really got a chance nor Connolly who could've been genuinely interesting

Joel Tomkins. A player, I'm told, who was astonishingly thick


Hard to believe a lad who would later call a barmaid "the f**king rectum of Wigan" and "saddest c**t I’ve ever seen" even though he already knew she was filming him and had asked him to leave the premises multiple times, was regarded as thick tbh :roll:

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... s-revealed


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 19115
Location: Investigating racism in the NHS
Scrumhead wrote:
I’m shocked no-one has referenced the legendary skills of Shontayne Hape.


The funny thing is we actually played some decent rugby during that 6-9 month phase where Hape and Tindall were in the centres and we had Foden/Ashton/Cueto in the back three

The (admittedly fairly basic) Brian Smith attack pattern of 1) truck it up the middle with two big centres, 2) fling it out wide to Foden and Ashton to score the try did work for a bit, and did a fairly decent job of masking over a relatively lightweight and ageing pack (Deacon, Moody, Easter etc)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:01 am
Posts: 5585
openclashXX wrote:
Scrumhead wrote:
I’m shocked no-one has referenced the legendary skills of Shontayne Hape.


The funny thing is we actually played some decent rugby during that 6-9 month phase where Hape and Tindall were in the centres and we had Foden/Ashton/Cueto in the back three

The (admittedly fairly basic) Brian Smith attack pattern of 1) truck it up the middle with two big centres, 2) fling it out wide to Foden and Ashton to score the try did work for a bit, and did a fairly decent job of masking over a relatively lightweight and ageing pack (Deacon, Moody, Easter etc)


We were hit and miss in that period, Foden and Cueto both linked a lot of play which helped, but even then there wasn't much confidence we'd attack well consistently. Hape did impress reading plays as a defender mind, it's a shame his knees had limited his mobility mind, and of course a shame his brain was getting a pasting, he wasn't far off being really highly rated


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 2472
Image

Image

That Crumpton / Robshaw tackle one is fairly mental. 1 miss in 61 tackles ffs


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5924
Hughes and Ludlow cited

Hughes for punching Ludlow
Ludlow for stamping on Daly's head
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/45787854


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 943
Petros wrote:
Hughes and Ludlow cited

Hughes for punching Ludlow
Ludlow for stamping on Daly's head
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/45787854


Not seen the Hughes one but Ludlow is looking at a couple of weeks. Stepped over a ruck and caught Daly on the way through, it doesn't look intentional but it does look pretty reckless.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 15747
Location: South Oxfordshire
eldanielfire wrote:
Joost wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
David990 wrote:
Does anyone else want both Worcester and Bristol to stay up? Would like Newcastle to stay up too. Who do you all think is likely to get relegated?


I do. IMO the premiership is right as it is.

I'm worried about Bristol, they almost have to fight hard for an point and unless they put an incredible and unsustainable effort they can't win. They have that problem where tries are to hard to come by right now. I hope that changes.


They put 5 tries past Saints last week and are trying to play an open game - went very wrong today, but they’ve looked good in most of the other games (even looked to have Sarries in trouble for a period) and are going to be tough to beat at Ashton Gate if they keep their first team fit.

Reckon Bristol will have enough to stay up


I hope so. I take the Saints game as an oulier as both teams "went sod the defense" and went all out for scoring.


Oi. That was Saints best defensive performance this season. At least the final defender was in camera shot each time Briz scored


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 21879
Saint wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Joost wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
David990 wrote:
Does anyone else want both Worcester and Bristol to stay up? Would like Newcastle to stay up too. Who do you all think is likely to get relegated?


I do. IMO the premiership is right as it is.

I'm worried about Bristol, they almost have to fight hard for an point and unless they put an incredible and unsustainable effort they can't win. They have that problem where tries are to hard to come by right now. I hope that changes.


They put 5 tries past Saints last week and are trying to play an open game - went very wrong today, but they’ve looked good in most of the other games (even looked to have Sarries in trouble for a period) and are going to be tough to beat at Ashton Gate if they keep their first team fit.

Reckon Bristol will have enough to stay up


I hope so. I take the Saints game as an oulier as both teams "went sod the defense" and went all out for scoring.


Oi. That was Saints best defensive performance this season. At least the final defender was in camera shot each time Briz scored


:lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71825 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1783, 1784, 1785, 1786, 1787, 1788, 1789 ... 1796  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BBB, bessantj, Biffer29, bimboman, Blake, CarrotGawks, Cartman, CrazyIslander, danthefan, David990, Diego, Google Adsense [Bot], haunch, houtkabouter, iarmhiman, Idle_Wild, I like haggis, Jim Lahey, lorcanoworms, Luckycharmer, Masterji, maverickmak, Monk Zombie, Mr Fedora, Risteard, Rugby2023, SamShark, Sandstorm, Sards, Scrumhead, sockwithaticket, tabascoboy, TheBouncer, Theflier, Ulsters Red Hand, unseenwork, Winnie and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group