Chat Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71825 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1783, 1784, 1785, 1786, 1787, 1788, 1789 ... 1796  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:12 pm 

Holy shit, this is going to be a massive score for Worcs if it carries on like this. Another intercept and we're not far off a point a minute.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:44 pm 

A bone-headed, clear cut red for a Worcs prop and Healy babbling about it being harsh for a variety of non-sensical reasons while Kay and Ekin try and shut him up.

I there are any positives for Bris, it's that they haven't conceded for 25 minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:47 pm 

I thought yellow at most, but law is the law. Other than that, cracking game by Worcester. Defence smothered Bristol and stopped them from scoring.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:50 pm 

I think shoulder to head = red is pretty much how it's been and will be for a while. Bris still not looking like scoring even with the extra man.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:57 pm 

Well, didn’t think that would be the score at kick off. Worcester pretty dominant throughout.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:59 pm 

David990 wrote:
Well, didn’t think that would be the score at kick off. Worcester pretty dominant throughout.

Blimey!! I had Bristol to win by 5 in a low scoring game
Well played Worcester

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:03 pm 

Pleased for Wuss. That relegation scrap is going to be fierce this season - unless Sale carry on as they've started

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:16 pm 

Absolute chaos at the bottom. Marvelous

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:30 pm 

Come on you Warriors!!! So pleased with that performance. 8)

Don’t think we’ll go down this season. :thumbup: Quins, Bristol or Newcastle I reckon.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:31 pm 

Ryan Mills looks like the 12 England need. Great awareness, good hands, pace, brave, jackals well....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:44 pm 

terryfinch wrote:
Ryan Mills looks like the 12 England need. Great awareness, good hands, pace, brave, jackals well....

Since precisely when has an England 12 needed awareness, hands and pace?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:50 pm 

terryfinch wrote:

Don’t think we’ll go down this season. :thumbup: Quins, Bristol or Newcastle I reckon.

I’m not sure why you’d include Quins yet ignore Sale?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:12 pm 

Scrumhead wrote:
terryfinch wrote:

I’m not sure why you’d include Quins yet ignore Sale?

Sale will be fine when their Bok Scrummie gets back. He is superb.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:24 pm 

Don't see it with quins. Think we'll pick up enough points, we haven't lost any game by more than 7. There's a completely different feeling around the squad, gustard is doing good stuff. If jk had stayed I think we'd be shoo-ins.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:13 pm 

Nieghorn wrote:
Jake wrote:
Reports are flodding in hither and thither about Dean Ryan's antics are RFU and how disruptive he's being.

Not winning a lit of friends, would be apt.

Has he just been given carte blanche to chop and change? It'd be mad for an organization that big to not make decisions by committee and with sound reasoning, research, etc. behind them.

That was my take. I was stunned when he fired England's hugely successful and popular Youth coaches in june after 7 members of the youth development had already left. We never really got an explanation besides those coaches challenged his view.

I don't get Ryan's reputation. Journalists often report his has an "amazing Rugby brain". And yet the sum total of his success is f*ck all for the most part. Plus what leaks out about him is a guy addicted to power and believes he knows better than everybody else.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:16 pm 

David990 wrote:
Does anyone else want both Worcester and Bristol to stay up? Would like Newcastle to stay up too. Who do you all think is likely to get relegated?

I do. IMO the premiership is right as it is.

I'm worried about Bristol, they almost have to fight hard for an point and unless they put an incredible and unsustainable effort they can't win. They have that problem where tries are to hard to come by right now. I hope that changes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:19 pm 

Jake wrote:
terryfinch wrote:

Since forever, even though the coaches never seem to care for it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:19 pm 

I thought Quins would be the surprise-ish package for relegation but no clear team now. Newcastle had a tricky run and will need to make an early decision on how strong to push in Europe. Result today does make me think that Bristol may get overpowered in the winter months.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:41 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
David990 wrote:
Does anyone else want both Worcester and Bristol to stay up? Would like Newcastle to stay up too. Who do you all think is likely to get relegated?

I'm worried about Bristol, they almost have to fight hard for an point and unless they put an incredible and unsustainable effort they can't win. They have that problem where tries are to hard to come by right now. I hope that changes.

I wouldn’t want to see anyone relegated this season. This Bristol side under Pat Lam have definitely added something.

That said, I wouldn’t want to see London Irish kept out either.

I think Bristol will be OK. It feels today was a bad day for them coinciding with a good day for Worcester.

They’re much stronger at Ashton gate where they’ve already claimed the scalps of Bath and Quins, but they can’t afford too many more results like today’s on the road.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:09 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
Jake wrote:
terryfinch wrote:

Who would you say has been our best inside centre of the last 20-30 years? Guscott perhaps? Maybe a younger Mike Tindall? Tuilagi?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:15 pm 

Wendigo7 wrote:
Jake wrote:
Reports are flodding in hither and thither about Dean Ryan's antics are RFU and how disruptive he's being.

What do you mean by antics? What's been going on?

Sacking Fletcher and Walton was a disgrace from my uneducated viewpoint...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:24 pm 

Wendigo7 wrote:
Jake wrote:

What do you mean by antics? What's been going on?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union ... authority/

Firing people who publicly question him. Lost of staff basically walking before they are pushed.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:09 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
David990 wrote:

They put 5 tries past Saints last week and are trying to play an open game - went very wrong today, but they’ve looked good in most of the other games (even looked to have Sarries in trouble for a period) and are going to be tough to beat at Ashton Gate if they keep their first team fit.

Reckon Bristol will have enough to stay up

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:47 pm 

A5D5E5 wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Jake wrote:
terryfinch wrote:

Who would you say has been our best inside centre of the last 20-30 years? Guscott perhaps? Maybe a younger Mike Tindall? Tuilagi?

You naughty boy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:50 am 

A5D5E5 wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Jake wrote:
terryfinch wrote:

Jamie Noon.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:22 am 

Joost wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
David990 wrote:

They put 5 tries past Saints last week and are trying to play an open game - went very wrong today, but they’ve looked good in most of the other games (even looked to have Sarries in trouble for a period) and are going to be tough to beat at Ashton Gate if they keep their first team fit.

I hope so. I take the Saints game as an oulier as both teams "went sod the defense" and went all out for scoring.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:58 am 

eldanielfire wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Jake wrote:
terryfinch wrote:

Jamie Noon.

The bored is continuing to confuse inside and outside centre.I assume as an aside Jake was quite reasonably having some fun at the expense of Farrell's skillset, but whilst Greenwood had awareness and sublime handling he sure as hell didn't have any pace

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:02 pm 

I’m shocked no-one has referenced the legendary skills of Shontayne Hape.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:16 pm 

Scrumhead wrote:

Conceivably the best league player at playing in the centres for England, Robinson more a back three, Burgess, Mather and the Sarries lad whose name I stupidly can't recall were awful, Eastmond never really got a chance nor Connolly who could've been genuinely interesting

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:18 pm 

piquant wrote:
The bored is continuing to confuse inside and outside centre.

:|

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:25 pm 

piquant wrote:
Scrumhead wrote:

Conceivably the best league player at playing in the centres for England, Robinson more a back three, Burgess, Mather and the Sarries lad whose name I stupidly can't recall were awful, Eastmond never really got a chance nor Connolly who could've been genuinely interesting

Joel Tomkins. A player, I'm told, who was astonishingly thick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:27 pm 

Gospel wrote:
piquant wrote:
The bored is continuing to confuse inside and outside centre.

:|

The sarchasm claims another victim.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:57 pm 

Plastic Sarrie wrote:
piquant wrote:
Scrumhead wrote:

Joel Tomkins. A player, I'm told, who was astonishingly thick

Hard to believe a lad who would later call a barmaid "the f**king rectum of Wigan" and "saddest c**t I’ve ever seen" even though he already knew she was filming him and had asked him to leave the premises multiple times, was regarded as thick tbh :roll:

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... s-revealed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:59 pm 

Scrumhead wrote:

The funny thing is we actually played some decent rugby during that 6-9 month phase where Hape and Tindall were in the centres and we had Foden/Ashton/Cueto in the back three

The (admittedly fairly basic) Brian Smith attack pattern of 1) truck it up the middle with two big centres, 2) fling it out wide to Foden and Ashton to score the try did work for a bit, and did a fairly decent job of masking over a relatively lightweight and ageing pack (Deacon, Moody, Easter etc)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:39 pm 

openclashXX wrote:
Scrumhead wrote:

The funny thing is we actually played some decent rugby during that 6-9 month phase where Hape and Tindall were in the centres and we had Foden/Ashton/Cueto in the back three

The (admittedly fairly basic) Brian Smith attack pattern of 1) truck it up the middle with two big centres, 2) fling it out wide to Foden and Ashton to score the try did work for a bit, and did a fairly decent job of masking over a relatively lightweight and ageing pack (Deacon, Moody, Easter etc)

We were hit and miss in that period, Foden and Cueto both linked a lot of play which helped, but even then there wasn't much confidence we'd attack well consistently. Hape did impress reading plays as a defender mind, it's a shame his knees had limited his mobility mind, and of course a shame his brain was getting a pasting, he wasn't far off being really highly rated

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:17 pm 

That Crumpton / Robshaw tackle one is fairly mental. 1 miss in 61 tackles ffs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:52 pm 

Hughes and Ludlow cited

Hughes for punching Ludlow
Ludlow for stamping on Daly's head
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/45787854

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:27 pm 

Petros wrote:
Hughes and Ludlow cited

Hughes for punching Ludlow
Ludlow for stamping on Daly's head
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/45787854

Not seen the Hughes one but Ludlow is looking at a couple of weeks. Stepped over a ruck and caught Daly on the way through, it doesn't look intentional but it does look pretty reckless.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:35 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
Joost wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
David990 wrote:

I hope so. I take the Saints game as an oulier as both teams "went sod the defense" and went all out for scoring.

Oi. That was Saints best defensive performance this season. At least the final defender was in camera shot each time Briz scored

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:40 pm 

Saint wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Joost wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
David990 wrote:

Oi. That was Saints best defensive performance this season. At least the final defender was in camera shot each time Briz scored

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71825 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1783, 1784, 1785, 1786, 1787, 1788, 1789 ... 1796  Next