Chat Forum
It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1784, 1785, 1786, 1787, 1788, 1789, 1790 ... 1964  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:20 pm 

SaintK wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:
He's obviously copped a harsh ban, told the panel to go fuck themselves and thrown the whole pack of biscuits at them

Close!!
Apparently he was Tweeting during the hearing
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/nathan-hughes-may-miss-england-tests-after-what-a-joke-tweet-curtails-hearing-wtpmmmgv9
Stupid twat if correct!

Said on the upcoming match thread, it's certainly consistent with the daft penalties he gives away. No sure Nathan's one of life's great thinkers.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:27 pm 

Joost wrote:
The current system of having an entry level for each offence then reductions for good behaviour, increases for eating the custard creams etc is far too complicated.

Can’t they just use the old criteria, which was basically: ‘right, when’s the next England game and how much rest does Johnno need?’

:lol:

Wait a minute :x

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:34 pm 

Gospel wrote:
What's the legal standing with regards to disciplinary hearings? Are they something akin to employment tribunals? I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the system is something of a rigmarole because of due process which involves putting lawyers in the room.

I’m now envisioning the lawyers being the English version of...

“Honoured citing commission, over the next two hours, I’ll present to you in depth evidence that this was merely a case of two youts having a harmless scuffle.”

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:39 pm 

Nieghorn wrote:
Gospel wrote:
What's the legal standing with regards to disciplinary hearings? Are they something akin to employment tribunals? I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the system is something of a rigmarole because of due process which involves putting lawyers in the room.

I’m now envisioning the lawyers being the English version of...

“Honoured citing commission, over the next two hours, I’ll present to you in depth evidence that this was merely a case of two youts having a harmless scuffle.”

:lol: Is that gif from when he puts MARISSA TOMEI on the stand?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:50 pm 

It takes some serious level of stupidity to tweet while at a hearing, wow.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:17 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:
Jake wrote:
terryfinch wrote:
Ryan Mills looks like the 12 England need. Great awareness, good hands, pace, brave, jackals well....

Since precisely when has an England 12 needed awareness, hands and pace?

Since forever, even though the coaches never seem to care for it.

Who would you say has been our best inside centre of the last 20-30 years? Guscott perhaps? Maybe a younger Mike Tindall? Tuilagi?

Jamie Noon.

Well, considering Guscott was primarily an outside centre, as was Manu (played inside once), and Tindall was predominantly an outside centre too.....

In answer, the best inside centre would be between Greenwood and Catt, with Farrell pushing both.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:20 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:42 pm 

The sarchasm claims another victim!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:49 pm 

Jake wrote:

Jamie Noon.

Well, considering Guscott was primarily an outside centre, as was Manu (played inside once), and Tindall was predominantly an outside centre too.....

In answer, the best inside centre would be between Greenwood and Catt, with Farrell pushing both.[/quote]

About a week late but fair play. :lol: :thumbup:

Except about Farrell. Not even close. :x

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:16 pm 

Jake wrote:

In answer, the best inside centre would be between Greenwood and Catt, with Farrell pushing both.

Clearly don't spend enough time here these days Jake

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:18 pm 

Margin_Walker wrote:
Jake wrote:

I don’t. Probably best for both you lot and I.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:34 pm 

Jake wrote:
Margin_Walker wrote:
Jake wrote:

I don’t. Probably best for both you lot and I.

Your good quality when you talk rugby. The sad thing is you missed the recent Syd Barrett thread a few days ago. The other acceptable topic :P

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:47 am 

Launchbury out for 10 weeks says the Mail

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:55 am 

And Robson gone for 3 months.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:58 am 

Raggs wrote:

Naturlich

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:10 am 

The constant injury layoffs are beginning to dull my interest in watching international rugby. Seeing whose cobbled together mixture of 1sts, 2nds and 3rds falls on the right side of a capricious referee is getting tedious.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:10 am 

FFS. Season continues to improve then :|

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:47 am 

Raggs wrote:

As three month absences go it's not a badly timed one given the weather being missed and yet back early enough to contest a 6N spot. My biggest concern might be where to send him for a couple of weeks sun now the UAE suddenly looks a much more worrying destination

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:58 am 

A5D5E5 wrote:
The constant injury layoffs are beginning to dull my interest in watching international rugby. Seeing whose cobbled together mixture of 1sts, 2nds and 3rds falls on the right side of a capricious referee is getting tedious.

+1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:11 am 

To be honest, I haven't got any idea how we're shaping up going into the Autumn, or even what would be considered a success - it could be anything from 1/4 to 4/4

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:18 am 

openclashXX wrote:
To be honest, I haven't got any idea how we're shaping up going into the Autumn, or even what would be considered a success - it could be anything from 1/4 to 4/4

Probably get a better idea after the first two rounds of Europe are done. If Sarries are back to full flight (and it seems like they might well be) then we're probably shaping up okay if not amazingly. No prospect of Robson for November is alarming though. Please, please Eddie, I am begging you, don't pick Richard Wigglesworth again. Please

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:18 am 

piquant wrote:
Raggs wrote:

As three month absences go it's not a badly timed one given the weather being missed and yet back early enough to contest a 6N spot. My biggest concern might be where to send him for a couple of weeks sun now the UAE suddenly looks a much more worrying destination

From a Wasps perspective any 3 months are dire for Robson to miss. Simpson is really quite poor these days and Hampson is largely untested.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:22 am 

sockwithaticket wrote:
piquant wrote:
Raggs wrote:

From a Wasps perspective any 3 months are dire for Robson to miss. Simpson is really quite poor these days and Hampson is largely untested.

This. I didn't even know the name of the reserve 9. Simpson is miles past his best

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:40 am 

Chuckles1188 wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:

+1

Related: Launch to miss the entirety of the AIs

http://www.talkingrugbyunion.co.uk/joe- ... um=twitter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:45 am 

sockwithaticket wrote:
piquant wrote:
Raggs wrote:

Luckily the Wasps perspective is barely of concern to me

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:57 am 

1. Pass?
2. Footwork?
3. Pace
3. Bad defence?

What factor contributed most to this score?

For me, the pass is ok but not spectacular, Billy shifts well while the ball is in the air, he has the pace of a 20st no.8 so for me that is not relevant. But look at that defending - it's shocking. Brown is on the heels, ball watching and turned in - and then he gets done for pace by the 20st no.8!

Apols if done already, I've not seen it highlighted elsewhere.

Last edited by Mr Tickle on Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:01 am 

From a Graun article about Hughes/Wasps injuries:
Quote:
Dai - “Last season, with the salary cap being where it is, not moving, but players’ salaries going up, squads are going to get smaller. And the threat to the English teams is, if you get a couple of injuries to your quality players, are you going to have enough strength in depth to really compete? That’s what the future could hold. It is a benefit that you can rest some players, you can’t hide from that fact.”

To which I say, don't pay! if you need a squad of 40+ to get through the season, then that's what you need and pay players accordingly. If they want more than you can afford while keeping the squad big enough, wish them well and send them on their way. Make better use of your academy and bring through more guys from the Championship. Players and their agents would soon sort out among themselves what a standard viable wage actually is. A £300k/£400k player is a massive risk (see Tigers when they had a massive chunk of salary cap out of action with Toomua and Tuilagi for basically a season).

I don't begrudge players trying to get as much as they can, but there just isn't that much money in the game and clubs do need a certain minimum number of bodies to weather injuries, enable some semblance of rotation and action toward long term player welfare etc., just to get through the season.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:01 am 

Mr Tickle wrote:
1. Pass?
2. Footwork?
3. Pace
3. Bad defence?

For me, the pass is ok but not spectacular, Billy shifts well while the ball is in the air, he has the pace of a 20st no.8 so for me that is not relevant. But look at that defending - it's shocking. Brown is on the heels, ball watching and turned in - and then he gets done for pace by the 20st no.8!

A team with an overlap scored a try. We need an inquest immediately

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:02 am 

Raggs wrote:

It's a real shame as he was in line to be 1st choice of the AIs. Youngs' form has been poor and has been dropped by Leicester and Care isn't viewed as a starter. Of course EJ will ignore the young SHs who are going well in the GP (Maunder, Townsend, Vellacott) and pick a has-been like Wigglesworth or Heinz.

Chuckles1188 wrote:
Mr Tickle wrote:
1. Pass?
2. Footwork?
3. Pace
3. Bad defence?

At least make them use the overlap!

sockwithaticket wrote:
From a Graun article about Hughes/Wasps injuries:
Quote:
Dai - “Last season, with the salary cap being where it is, not moving, but players’ salaries going up, squads are going to get smaller. And the threat to the English teams is, if you get a couple of injuries to your quality players, are you going to have enough strength in depth to really compete? That’s what the future could hold. It is a benefit that you can rest some players, you can’t hide from that fact.”

To which I say, don't pay!

Great advice. Imagine how much more successful Sarries would be if they had Worcester's player budget

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:04 am 

Mr Tickle wrote:
Chuckles1188 wrote:
Mr Tickle wrote:
1. Pass?
2. Footwork?
3. Pace
3. Bad defence?

"Your conceding-tries technique is all wrong. You could be way better at conceding tries than this"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:05 am 

Chuckles1188 wrote:
Mr Tickle wrote:
Chuckles1188 wrote:
Mr Tickle wrote:
1. Pass?
2. Footwork?
3. Pace
3. Bad defence?

"Your conceding-tries technique is all wrong. You could be way better at conceding tries than this"

C'mon chuckles, ok the initial question was wrong, but brown's defence is shocking there.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:06 am 

Mr Tickle wrote:
Chuckles1188 wrote:
Mr Tickle wrote:
1. Pass?
2. Footwork?
3. Pace
3. Bad defence?

What shoudl Brown have done? At the point the ball is passed, he had no idea if it was going to BV or short to Goode(? not sure). As soon as he knew, he starts moving towards BV but it is too late as the ball and BV are past him. Looks like pretty good use of the overlap to me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:07 am 

I'm not defending Quins or Brown, I'm just bamboozled by the idea that there needs to be some kind of extensive post-mortem around a very good team scoring from an overlap.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:07 am 

Chuckles1188 wrote:

The more passes and offloads an attacking team is forced to execute to score a try, the greater the chance of an error. That is fairly near page 1.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:09 am 

Mr Tickle wrote:
Chuckles1188 wrote:

The more passes and offloads an attacking team is forced to execute to score a try, the greater the chance of an error. That is fairly near page 1.

JFC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:09 am 

A5D5E5 wrote:

What shoudl Brown have done? At the point the ball is passed, he had no idea if it was going to BV or short to Goode(? not sure). As soon as he knew, he starts moving towards BV but it is too late as the ball and BV are past him. Looks like pretty good use of the overlap to me.

I'd expect a top fullback to hedge his bets to be honest. He's on his heels and turned in - why else do you think Lozowski threw the miss pass?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:10 am 

Mr Tickle wrote:
A5D5E5 wrote:

I'd expect a top fullback to hedge his bets to be honest. He's on his heels and turned in - why else do you think Lozowski threw the miss pass?

Because that's where the space was

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:10 am 

Chuckles1188 wrote:
Mr Tickle wrote:
Chuckles1188 wrote:

JFC

:roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1784, 1785, 1786, 1787, 1788, 1789, 1790 ... 1964  Next