Chat Forum
It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 7:36 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1821, 1822, 1823, 1824, 1825, 1826, 1827 ... 1958  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:13 pm 

sockwithaticket wrote:
terryfinch wrote:
Yesterday - before Farrell : losing 10-15 - after Farrell : won 25-0.

You really need to stop listening to Clive Woodward.

There were other players like Underhill and Sinckler who played the majority of the second half too.

Both had a huge impact- Williams played like a bowl of jelly.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:31 pm 

Scrumhead wrote:
How was Ford supposed to ‘set the tone’ or ‘control the game’ when we didn’t have the ball?

Is it too much to expect the captain to get stuck into his troops when they're mincing around the pitch missing tackles for the lols? Players like Farrell, Sexton and BIggar are far more assertive. Ford's game always seems to come with caveats.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:35 pm 

Anyone else watching Briz v Chiefs? Good game so far, currently 26-19 with Briz playing some nice stuff

Andy Uren at 9 looks a handy player for Briz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:40 pm 

Joost wrote:
Anyone else watching Briz v Chiefs? Good game so far, currently 26-19 with Briz playing some nice stuff

Andy Uren at 9 looks a handy player for Briz

Yep, it's a fun game. Bris dn't have enough points on the board from the first half dominance, though, and Chiefs look a lot better this half. Fancy them to sneak it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:41 pm 

Yeah, Briz looking good value here

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:57 pm 

RodneyRegis wrote:
Seriously, can we please just stop putting players in positions they don't play week-in, week-out?

Nowell is not a 13, Lawes is not a 6, Wison is not an 8, Robshaw is not a 7, Brown is not an 11, Daly is not a 15, Shields is not a 5.

Wilson and Robshaw regularly play 8 and 7 respectively for their clubs. Though both are probably at their best on the blindside, it's not as strange as playing Daly at 15. Especially when also playing a winger at 13.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:59 pm 

Saint wrote:

Exeter scrape home with a penalty try at the death, unlucky Bristol 29-31

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:00 pm 

sockwithaticket wrote:
Chiefs look a lot better this half. Fancy them to sneak it.

8)

Tbf Bristol were lucky not to be conceding at the lineout for taking the jumper early on the last two occassions.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:02 pm 

Dunnikin Diver wrote:
Gospel wrote:
Ford was a complete fanny today and it seemed to rub off on the rest of the side for the entirety of the first half. I've seen him really getting stuck in domestically but he's a complete mincer in an England shirt when the going gets tough.

Folk on here really seem to rate the 10 defensive effort above all else. (I'll let the offensive hate-crime language of your post pass to judgement of others - presumably you will be reported). Have you ever played a game when the 10 set the tone? Shameful reflection on the pack if they followed his lead.

You twat.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:03 pm 

Petros wrote:
Saint wrote:

Thanks to a bent bit of reffing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:41 pm 

fatcat wrote:
Petros wrote:
Saint wrote:

Reported for offensive hate-crimes.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:49 pm 

RodneyRegis wrote:
fatcat wrote:
Petros wrote:
Saint wrote:

Reported for offensive hate-crimes.

How dare you deny me my humanity. :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:11 pm 

Gospel wrote:
Scrumhead wrote:
How was Ford supposed to ‘set the tone’ or ‘control the game’ when we didn’t have the ball?

Is it too much to expect the captain to get stuck into his troops when they're mincing around the pitch missing tackles for the lols? Players like Farrell, Sexton and BIggar are far more assertive. Ford's game always seems to come with caveats.

Exactly. Ford is not an alpha male and, in test rugby, that is what you need to run your game.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:50 pm 

I couldn't get why England kept kicking away possession AGAIN, it wasn't even with good kicking or chasing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:01 pm 

Can anyone explain England's conditioning strategy? Last RWC we looked exhausted (including the warm up games). Jones took over and we seemed fresher and finished tight games strongly. Last year we just looked knackered again. This season we seem to be fresher again. :?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:09 pm 

terryfinch wrote:
Can anyone explain England's conditioning strategy? Last RWC we looked exhausted (including the warm up games). Jones took over and we seemed fresher and finished tight games strongly. Last year we just looked knackered again. This season we seem to be fresher again. :?

Lions killed us last year apparently...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:12 pm 

terryfinch wrote:

More than half the starting team were involved with the Lions in some capacity last year, probably the most meaningful difference

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:15 pm 

Gospel wrote:
Scrumhead wrote:

Wales have played better without Biggar this past year.

Likewise, no one was blaming Farrell when his lack of leadership got us canned because the forwards are not asserting themselves in the losses against South Africa or Scotland. The issue with England is leadership, balance and mentality in the forwards, not leadership in the backs.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:19 pm 

terryfinch wrote:
Gospel wrote:
Scrumhead wrote:

Exactly. Ford is not an alpha male and, in test rugby, that is what you need to run your game.

Neither was Carter, Wilkinson or most of the best 10's. I'm of the opinion backs should be captains usually (exceptions on occasion) and that 10's should run their lines and create things. Ford does his job well when given the platform. He shouldn't be a captain either.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:20 pm 

openclashXX wrote:
terryfinch wrote:

More than half the starting team were involved with the Lions in some capacity last year, probably the most meaningful difference

Eddie Jones also said he upped the intensity of training. He isn't the first coach to take training to far and ruin the engines of his players.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:40 pm 

terryfinch wrote:
Gospel wrote:
Scrumhead wrote:

Think we've found who's behind the MrDominator login.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:41 pm 

Gospel wrote:
Dunnikin Diver wrote:
Gospel wrote:
Ford was a complete fanny today and it seemed to rub off on the rest of the side for the entirety of the first half. I've seen him really getting stuck in domestically but he's a complete mincer in an England shirt when the going gets tough.

Folk on here really seem to rate the 10 defensive effort above all else. (I'll let the offensive hate-crime language of your post pass to judgement of others - presumably you will be reported). Have you ever played a game when the 10 set the tone? Shameful reflection on the pack if they followed his lead.

I don't expect Ford to smash people but yesterday he was both captain and pivot and he offered zero leadership and zero control and direction. It was like night and day with Farrell on the pitch. Ford does look good going forward when he has time and space to make the pass - but then who doesn't.

Was there a defensive leader? You're praise of Farrell makes me think you are McGeechan: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union ... and-arent/

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:47 pm 

Dunnikin Diver wrote:
You're praise of Farrell makes me think you are McGeechan: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union ... and-arent/

Reported.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:52 pm 

fatcat wrote:
Dunnikin Diver wrote:
Gospel wrote:

You twat.

You idiot - should someone choose to bring this language to a wider forum then this site is gone. I have no idea why the mods are wasting their time chasing bimbo around when they let this go. It is unequivocally hate speech.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:53 pm 

Gospel wrote:
Dunnikin Diver wrote:
You're praise of Farrell makes me think you are McGeechan: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union ... and-arent/

Reported.

Report away - you've been revealed
(edit - you're better than the language of the original post )

Last edited by Dunnikin Diver on Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:54 pm 

You may be right about the mods/this forum, but you're the dipstick who used 'offensive hate-crime language'. Get a grip!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:59 pm 

fatcat wrote:
You may be right about the mods/this forum, but you're the dipstick who used 'offensive hate-crime language'. Get a grip!

I am going to guess you are not gay? And are quite happy with terms such as sissy and mincer being freely used?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:02 am 

Dunnikin Diver wrote:
fatcat wrote:

I am going to guess you are not gay? And are quite happy with terms such as sissy and mincer being freely used?

It was fanny and mincer.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:07 am 

fatcat wrote:
Dunnikin Diver wrote:
fatcat wrote:

It was fanny and mincer.

OK, in my indignation I misread, so how about we focus on mincer?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:08 am 

I don't see the harm in the context it was used.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:11 am 

fatcat wrote:
I don't see the harm in the context it was used.

So the day after Gareth Thomas reported taking a beating for being gay, you think mincer is ok chat?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:17 am 

Maybe Gospel could have waited until tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:26 am 

fatcat wrote:

He'd still be wrong expecting the fly half to lead the defensive line and your position would still be indefensible.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:31 am 

fatcat wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mincer does not mean gay. The adjective 'mincing' is defined in all the official dictionaries.

mincing adjective (WALK) ​ A mincing walk uses small, delicate steps in a way that does not look natural: She took short, mincing steps. Moving gently on foot.

Are you saying that all gays are mincing? Pretty hateful generalisation. I think you need to take a long hard look in the mirror.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:37 am 

fatcat wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:39 am 

RodneyRegis wrote:
fatcat wrote:

Mincer does not mean gay. The adjective 'mincing' is defined in all the official dictionaries.

mincing adjective (WALK) ​ A mincing walk uses small, delicate steps in a way that does not look natural: She took short, mincing steps. Moving gently on foot.

Are you saying that all gays are mincing? Pretty hateful generalisation. I think you need to take a long hard look in the mirror.

And in your gormless attempt to be clever are you suggesting mincer was used in the context that Ford took delicate steps?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:43 am 

Dunnikin query, you’re on a forum that’s well renowned for being edgy for various reasons and yet you are querying about the term mincer?

It was an adjective Gospel used to describe his opinion on fords performance. I don’t think it’s appropriate to use mental gymnastics to then bring it back to gay slurs. The use of the word did not mean/cause any offence.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:46 am 

Wendigo7 wrote:
The use of the word did not mean/cause any offence.

Yes it did.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:00 am 

Dunnikin Diver wrote:
Wendigo7 wrote:
The use of the word did not mean/cause any offence.

Yes it did.

To whom? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:17 am 

terryfinch wrote:
Gospel wrote:
Scrumhead wrote:

Not even sure Ford is male. Big girls blouse more like ....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1821, 1822, 1823, 1824, 1825, 1826, 1827 ... 1958  Next