Chat Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1903, 1904, 1905, 1906, 1907, 1908, 1909 ... 1966  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:02 pm 

choc wrote:
Dan Robson not included in 25 man squad this week. He really has pissed on Eddies chips.

Back to Wasps as he needs game time, still in the squad.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:07 pm 

mr flaps wrote:
choc wrote:
Dan Robson not included in 25 man squad this week. He really has pissed on Eddies chips.

Why does he need game time any more than Teo, Devoto or others in the 25 who’ve only played a handful of minutes over the last few weeks, particularly as Jones views his training as being at a higher intensity than club games?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:53 pm 

Much as I rated him at Bath, Devoto seems a bit of a left-field choice, especially as he's not exactly a shoo-in at Exeter.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:00 pm 

choc wrote:
mr flaps wrote:
choc wrote:

Why does he need game time any more than Teo, Devoto or others in the 25 who’ve only played a handful of minutes over the last few weeks, particularly as Jones views his training as being at a higher intensity than club games?

Ask Eddie, but Dai said that's why we have Dan back.

https://www.wasps.co.uk/news/press-notes-wednesday-13-february/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:21 pm 

choc wrote:
mr flaps wrote:
choc wrote:

It also means Eddie doesn't have two scrum halves, which he always argued he needed only 2 for training.

Bizarre, but I'm not complaining!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:28 pm 

Raggs wrote:

It also means Eddie doesn't have two scrum halves, which he always argued he needed only 2 for training.

Bizarre, but I'm not complaining!

I'm assuming someone is getting drafted in to put a body in what was once the possibles role

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:57 pm 

Rugby2023 wrote:
pjm1 wrote:
Womack wrote:
More proof, if it were needed, that Hask reads the bored on the House of Rugby podcast this week:

https://youtu.be/SvnhZa316W4?t=653

Quite amusing, had never heard that Morgan was at fault for the Aus defeat before.

I did smile to the use of the term, “manshaming”...

It’s a good pod, the best of the bunch for me. I guess all players must have a chuckle about both us keyboard warrior, armchair pundit types as well as the press. Interesting that they used to be afraid of them oncey upon a time whereas now they seem to pity them.

You have to imagine that the Chinese Lions type threads and other true PR gold must make the squad banter though.

Haskell is hilarious, he was hyper in this episode. Not sure I'd like to spend much time around him, but he is funny as, in this format.

I like his taking down of Alex.

Farqhaur! We don't know what you're saying!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:53 pm 

Hawk97 wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:
pjm1 wrote:
Womack wrote:
More proof, if it were needed, that Hask reads the bored on the House of Rugby podcast this week:

Quite amusing, had never heard that Morgan was at fault for the Aus defeat before.

It’s a good pod, the best of the bunch for me. I guess all players must have a chuckle about both us keyboard warrior, armchair pundit types as well as the press. Interesting that they used to be afraid of them oncey upon a time whereas now they seem to pity them.

You have to imagine that the Chinese Lions type threads and other true PR gold must make the squad banter though.

Haskell is hilarious, he was hyper in this episode. Not sure I'd like to spend much time around him, but he is funny as, in this format.

"BANG! And the banter is gone" cracked me up.

Also loved the bit (maybe the previous episode) when he was talking about getting schooled at Clermont - by Magne, knocked out by a prop etc - and said "...then I went back to Wellington..." Tindall responds "...and that went well" (he got seriously disciplined after some naughty business with Paul Doran-Jones)

Last edited by Balls Out! on Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:17 am 

I thought Haskell and Tindell were close to overstepping the mark with the stuff about Jonny May. It's all a bit mocking and unnecessarily personal for my liking.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:19 am 

juddy wrote:
I thought Haskell and Tindell were close to overstepping the mark with the stuff about Jonny May. It's all a bit mocking and unnecessarily personal for my liking.

They both seem fond of him and made it clear hey think he's a really sweet guy and neither appear to treat him badly. But he did wrap up a chicken as a secret santa present...

But I think you'll find some people who are 'out there' are pleased to be treated as equals rather than treated as if they are glass.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:47 am 

Hawk97 wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:
pjm1 wrote:
Womack wrote:

I found Haskell totally insufferable. Reminds me of so many of the "lads" at uni that put me off playing rugby.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:14 am 

Hawk97 wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:
pjm1 wrote:
Womack wrote:

I generally like Hask, but that bit in particular irritated me. It wasn't Alex being particularly posh, but showing knowledge of older films. Fair enough if that's not in your area of interest, but if you try and take someone down for it being in theirs it makes you look like a dick imo. Particularly by the end of the show he was going unecessarily hard and really leaning on the posho thing despite he himself not exactly being a hero of the working class. Bants for bants sake, much prefer it when he sticks to stories from the training ground.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:21 am 

I think its s decent enough show, they have to be a bit contraversial to get the views. I wouldnt judge their personality from that staged hour really. I quite like the Irish version to, although they are very critical of their team.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:28 am 

Not sure it's been worth a page of the thread to establish that Hask is a bit of a dick, albeit a funny one at times.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:30 am 

Womack wrote:
Not sure it's been worth a page of the thread to establish that Hask is a bit of a dick, albeit a funny one at times.

you have just described the whole bored*

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:39 am 

Spell wrote:
I think its s decent enough show, they have to be a bit contraversial to get the views. I wouldnt judge their personality from that staged hour really. I quite like the Irish version to, although they are very critical of their team.

Nah, the views come from their access to hosts and guests who have interesting things to say about pro rugby from behind the curtain as it were. I don't consider much of their content to be particularly controversial.

If they notice a dip they can always get Tinds to say something about the Irish national team that isn't fawning praise.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:43 am 

Womack wrote:

Him in a nutshell, complete tosser unless you can help him get on- but entertaining :thumbup: I enjoyed it a lot more than I wanted to.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:53 am 

DragsterDriver wrote:
Womack wrote:

Him in a nutshell, complete tosser unless you can help him get on- but entertaining :thumbup: I enjoyed it a lot more than I wanted to.

I think he can get away with being a nice tosser, he obviously doesn't want to be horrible to anybody and even sidetracks his May piss taking saying he's a lovely guy.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:56 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
Womack wrote:

I think he can get away with being a nice tosser, he obviously doesn't want to be horrible to anybody and even sidetracks his May piss taking saying he's a lovely guy.

Nah he’s 100% a tosser but has learnt to play the game to get on.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:04 pm 

He comes accross as the kind of guy that starts off quite funny when you first meet, but you quickly realise they're a dick when the endlessly use the same phrase after a story ("that went well... etc"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:37 pm 

Genge now injured

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:41 pm 

Petros wrote:
Genge now injured

Yep
Quote:
England have encountered further problems at loosehead prop in the buildup to their Six Nations showdown with Wales a week on Saturday after Ellis Genge picked up an ankle injury in training.
Genge failed to finish Thursday’s training session because of soreness in an ankle and while England are hopeful there will not be “any major consequences”, it is an unwanted disruption for Eddie Jones, who is already without Mako Vunipola for the rest of the championship.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:04 pm 

Carefully worded comments from Obano about his England training injury- sounds a lot like somebody done him?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:11 pm 

sockwithaticket wrote:
Hawk97 wrote:
Rugby2023 wrote:
pjm1 wrote:
Womack wrote:

I generally like Hask, but that bit in particular irritated me. It wasn't Alex being particularly posh, but showing knowledge of older films. Fair enough if that's not in your area of interest, but if you try and take someone down for it being in theirs it makes you look like a dick imo. Particularly by the end of the show he was going unecessarily hard and really leaning on the posho thing despite he himself not exactly being a hero of the working class. Bants for bants sake, much prefer it when he sticks to stories from the training ground.

Fair enough, but I thought Alex was being particularly opulent putting in the Hepburns and Grace Kellys for someone in his 30. I'd expect to be taken down by someone like Hask, but appreciate the other side of that coin too. I think Alex likes it, personally, volunteering the info that he took History of Art for his degree to Hask. Almost asking for it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:18 pm 

DragsterDriver wrote:

You sound like you've had personal dealings with him which I certainly haven't. So from the distance of my armchair I view Haskell as a particularly good club man who seems popular with team mates across squads and countries as well as the fans. He's got the same sort of selfish ambition and drive common amongst elite athletes though he's a lot more vocal and visible with it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:22 pm 

In terms of rugby lads lads lads, he's pretty easy on people...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:23 pm 

DragsterDriver wrote:
Carefully worded comments from Obano about his England training injury- sounds a lot like somebody done him?

Link?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:29 pm 

happyhooker wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:

Link?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dail ... -hell.html

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:38 pm 

DragsterDriver wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:

Link?

Looks like someone was playing their cup final.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:41 pm 

happyhooker wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:
happyhooker wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:

Link?

Looks like someone was playing their cup final.

Sounds like more than just 1 person was going a bit too far.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:42 pm 

Quote:
"You've completely ruptured your ACL (anterior cruciate ligament), you've got a grade two tear in your PCL (posterior cruciate ligament), you've completely ruptured your LCL (lateral collateral ligament), you've torn your MCL (medial cruciate ligament), you've ripped off your posterolateral corner and you've damaged your hamstring tendon"

F**king hell.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:43 pm 

Bloody hell, injuries like that are pretty rare in games let alone training. I guess training is potentially more dangerous because of this possibility of different people going at different intensity levels. You'd think not going too hard would be carefully enforced but I suppose nothing's ever that simple.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:51 pm 

Womack wrote:
Bloody hell, injuries like that are pretty rare in games let alone training. I guess training is potentially more dangerous because of this possibility of different people going at different intensity levels. You'd think not going too hard would be carefully enforced but I suppose nothing's ever that simple.

Another thing Hask mentioned on that podcast. Forgot the examples he gave (some up and comer back rowers, I think), but certain players go full bore in training, others are softer. Dangerous, really.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:53 pm 

I haven’t read it since lunchtime but it sounded like somebody chop tackled him while he was held.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:54 pm 

Gospel wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:

You sound like you've had personal dealings with him which I certainly haven't. So from the distance of my armchair I view Haskell as a particularly good club man who seems popular with team mates across squads and countries as well as the fans. He's got the same sort of selfish ambition and drive common amongst elite athletes though he's a lot more vocal and visible with it.

Mates have, I suggested it sounds like he’s ok these days but not really, just playing the game.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:37 am 

Sarries have re-signed Christian Judge til the end of the season as Mako & Chippi are out

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:52 pm 

Hawk97 wrote:
Womack wrote:

Another thing Hask mentioned on that podcast. Forgot the examples he gave (some up and comer back rowers, I think), but certain players go full bore in training, others are softer. Dangerous, really.

Maro apparently when he first broke into the England team, was the one Hask mentioned, also admitted he was guilty of it as a youngster too (punched Leota in training as a teenager) at Wasps

Wilko was another, from a story I heard, Guscott gave him some shit when he first joined England training as a 17-year old "enjoy your time here whilst it lasts, I doubt you'll be back". Apparently JW spent the next contact session smashing him to all 4 corners :lol:

The best I've heard recently was Lewis Moody and Tom Shanklin discussing defence training with Ellery Hanley and Shaun Edwards. Hanley used to demo on players as they walked towards him, often spearing them to the ground and Edwards spent 20 minutes once drawing faces on tackles bags and showing how to lead with the elbow when carrying the ball :uhoh:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:56 pm 

It was Maro's judo throw in an England training session that ended Sam Jones' rugby career

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:41 pm 

Anyone who's trained in even mildly competitive situation knows how quickly the 'shoulders on' or '60% tackles' nonsense goes out the window really quickly.

I can only imagine what its like at a session for the national side.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:21 pm 

SaintK wrote:
Petros wrote:
Genge now injured

Yep
Quote:
England have encountered further problems at loosehead prop in the buildup to their Six Nations showdown with Wales a week on Saturday after Ellis Genge picked up an ankle injury in training.
Genge failed to finish Thursday’s training session because of soreness in an ankle and while England are hopeful there will not be “any major consequences”, it is an unwanted disruption for Eddie Jones, who is already without Mako Vunipola for the rest of the championship.
Uninjured!

Quote:
Ellis Genge is back in contention for England's Six Nations match against Wales... scrum coach Neal Hatley said Genge took a full part in Friday's training at Twickenham... 'Ellis went fully at it - live set piece, live scrums,' he said. 'He trained and did the whole session. He's responded unbelievably well to treatment last night and charged through training today.'

Now Genge and Exeter prop Ben Moon are primed to fight it out from the No 1 shirt.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby ... -test.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1903, 1904, 1905, 1906, 1907, 1908, 1909 ... 1966  Next